Search found 98 matches

Return

Re: Пресса о Жене, интервью Жени || Press about Evgeni ON Ic

Here is Plushy's interview for Romanian March issue of magazine "Tabu" by Lorena Lupu :plush45:

So, a quick translation of the interview , let's pray it does not disappear again. :kli_ny: Evgeni says nothing new, so I won't translate every single word. Also, the translation from Russian isn't very good. :kli_ny:

1st question is about his health. Evgeni says he feels very well, but the knee is still bothering him, so he'll have surgery in Munich on February 23rd. He wants to recover slowly and get ready for the next season.
2nd question. Lorena asks him why is he retiring and coming back all the time. :hi_hi_hi: Same answer as before, he missed competition, adrenaline, shows weren't enough, Yana supported him, etc. He had to skip last season and to have surgery. After Sochi he will resume the competitive career. He also talks about future plans, he wants to open a figure skating school and to perform in shows.
3rd question. Is it true that he likes to train with strong skaters because it's challenging? Yes, he likes to train and compete with good skaters because they push each other to the top.
4th question about his training, diet, work out. He says training depends on the season. Skating is a great work out for anybody.
5th question about his "controversial" statements regarding quad jumps. Isn't misogynistic to declare that a competition without quads is not a men competition, it basically means that women are not able to jump quads. Evgeni admits to have declared that a competiion without quads isn't a men competion. He wants to thank judges and skaters because trend changed and now a lot of athlets have one or even two quads. It means that judges give more importance to quads than before. He knows women are able to jump quads, for example Miki Ando, Sasha Cohen, Mao Asada or Surya Bonaly, they all landed quads in training but it's true that until now nobody landed a quad in competiion.
6th question. How did he met Edvin Marton and what's the secret of their successful collaboration. They met in Switzerland during an ice show. Evgeni was impressed by Edvin's talent and sense of humour. Edvin is very professional , he understands Evgeni's expectations towards the music he uses in shows and competitions that's why they are able to create a perfect combination of image and sound.
7th question. Did Dima Bilan introduced him to his wife Yana, or it was the other way around? Evgeny said he met both at the same time. It happened 5 years ago, in Trafalgar Square, London, during the Russian Winter Festival.
8th question. Does he want to represent again Russia at Eurovision? He says no, he won once, now he wants to focus on sports. :hi_hi_hi:
9th question. Why did he enter politics and then quit. In 2006, after Olympics he wanted to try something different but he coudn't combine both sports and politics, so he had to quit.
10th question. If he has a favorite program. No, he likes them all.
11th question. Does he have bad habits or addictions and how does he fight them. He does not have any addictions, he is perfect. :-) (I think it's a bad translation, though)
12th question. A lot of skaters retire very young, does he want to inspire them to continue the amateur carrer? Yes, absolutely. Skaters win titles at 18-20 years, then thet start performing in shows, win money and forget about competitions. He wants to prove that a skater is able to combine both shows and competitions and improve with age.
13th question. He is a very expressive skater, is he interested in becoming a dancer? No, he is and he wants to remain a figure skater.
14 question. Does he want more children? Does he want his children to become figure skaters? Yes, he wants to have many children and he will encourage them to pursue a career in sports. If he has a boy he could play hockey, tennis or football and if it's a girl, she could be a figure skater but she could also choose other sports.

The end!
Sorry for errors and for my crappy English! :nez-nayu:
by clairdelalune
28 Mar 2012, 16:48

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Girls, it's February 23rd, not April!!!! :-) :hi_hi_hi: I was thinking of Easter and I wrote April !!!! :-) :smu:sche_nie: :smu:sche_nie: :smu:sche_nie:
by clairdelalune
28 Mar 2012, 21:01

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kings On Ice - Румыния || KOI Romania, Bucharest 07.04.2

cekoni wrote:Image

We gave Evgeni a teddy bear and a T-shirt. He signed autographs and then we took pictures.
I wanna thank him for his kindness and patience. :plush39:
by clairdelalune
08 Apr 2012, 17:46

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

dustman wrote:Many KOI pics :ya_hoo_oo: Thanks girls :plush39: :plush40:

Great pictures!!! :plush45:
Looks like my camera isn't so bad afterall! :-) ;;-))) :hi_hi_hi: :mi_ga_et:
by clairdelalune
10 Apr 2012, 21:10

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Женя и его тренер А.Н.Мишин || Evgeni and his coach Mish

karnelove » 45 минут назад
I think Russia should obey their usual selection policies.
I think Evgeni will compete in Chanada no matter what :plush34: . Russia needs 2 or 3 spots for Sochi. Even if Evgeni misses the podium :plush44: , he for sure will be in top 10, so Russia will have 2 spots. Artur is less likely to be able to guarantee such result.

Yes!!!! Artur may have a great season next year, but Evgeni has more chances to make the podium or top 10, IMHO. It would be embarassing for Russia to have only 2 spots for Sochi, one of them because it's the host country. :plush30: Russian FS Federation won't allow that.
by clairdelalune
11 Apr 2012, 18:55

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So, my report from Bucharest part one. Just a few thoughts about Evgeni's skating:
I don't know if he recovered completely after surgery or not, but his 3As are amazing! And his feet are screaming "We need Camerlengo!!!" :-) I mean he needs a great program to emphasize his SS. I attended the second show but he still was full of energy after one show and some football. :du_ma_et: I understand why he wants to stay competitive. :plush45:

Part two later... :smu:sche_nie:
by clairdelalune
11 Apr 2012, 20:35

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Видео (разные) || Various videos

camerlengo is a great choreographer! :plush31: I like him more than Wilson or Nichol, even if Nichol might be a better COP expert. :ps_ih:
by clairdelalune
24 Apr 2012, 19:20

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Женя на тренировках || Evgeni on training

I think they still have plenty of time: Plushy will go to Italy for show and training camp. They can catch up there.

Do not underestimate Plushy's determination of winning. He will do whatever in his power to make it (winning) happen. We should keep our faith in him and do not let those idiotic comments from NA's forums misled you. Plushy is not just about jumps and arm waving, he is an artist and skates his program with his soul.

Besides, Plushy is a great Champion and professionals, he knows more in figure skating than us and those haters.

Lovplush, in the recent years Evgeni dropped all the programs made by other choreographers but Advish. He worked with Melissa & Gregory, Lambiel, Zhulin, where are the programs? He didn't skate any of them in competition. Why do you think LIza and Artur want to go to Canada to work with Wilson? Because their choreographers can't help them anymore and thei need to stay competitive. With a program made by DAvid Wilson, LIza could be the new Yuna, even better! Why wasting their talent and chances?
by clairdelalune
27 Apr 2012, 15:12

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Come on girls... they can work and later :plush36: - this was just a "preliminary meeting" :plush45:

The article says nothing about a preliminay meeting. As far as I understand MIshin & Evgeni already had the music and a part of the program. Camerlengo isn't a magician, he can't make a complex program in four hours. :plush34:
by clairdelalune
27 Apr 2012, 15:07

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lovplush, in the recent years Evgeni dropped all the programs made by other choreographers but Advish. He worked with Melissa & Gregory, Lambiel, Zhulin, where are the programs? He didn't skate any of them in competition. Why do you think LIza and Artur want to go to Canada to work with Wilson? Because their choreographers can't help them anymore and thei need to stay competitive. With a program made by DAvid Wilson, LIza could be the new Yuna, even better! Why wasting their talent and chances?

I don't see that what Liza and Artur are doing or want to do or "should" do have to do with Evgeni...They are different skaters and are in different situations. Or are you saying that David can't help Evgeni anymore?

As for David Wilson, sorry, there are plenty of people who worked with David Wilson, are they all the "new Yuna" or better? North American choreographers are not magicians, nor are they gods. (Maybe I'm a little prejudiced, because their styles aren't always my cup of tea.) Just because some people around are pushing the idea that only the NA school knows what choreography is, does not mean that is actually the case. Or when some people try to define good choreography as their own style and nothing else, that still doesn't mean that only one style is "good". Each skater needs to find choreography that works for him or herself.

Wilson, Lori, etc. work with a lot of skaters but not everybody is a top skater able to skate to their choreographies, so it's obvious why the new Yuna didn't appear yet. Liza and Artur are talented and have potential.
Evgeni didn't meet Chan or Daisuke in international competitions yet. Euros is a very different competition, there are no American or Canadian judges.
Why do you think the Japanese Federation sent Yuzuru to Orser? They know how important is nowadays to have a Canadian coach/choreographer.
It's beyond my comprehension why Evgeni can't pick a choreographer other than Advish and skate to his program, it's because his health? :ne_vi_del:
I don't understand why is everybody talking about Sochi Olympics, what is so different about Sochi, the rules will be the same. :kli_ny:
by clairdelalune
27 Apr 2012, 17:33

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

... so I believe he would get bigger ones with a more known choreographer and less effort, it is part of the system....
I am primarily because of that agree that Plushy should to take a "known" choreographer - someone who have already built a "good reputation" in the countries which attacked Plushy due the so-called "non-existing the choreography" :ps_ih:

As for other things, by me - Plushy could be to the end of life to work only with Avidsh, which is his friend :a_g_a:

Wilson, Camerlengo, Lori, Zhueva, Tarasova, Bobrin etc, are well known and respected choreographers all over the World. They didn't appear yesterday, anyone can check their works on the Internet. They collaborated with top skaters for decades, skaters from USA, Canada, France, Russia, Italy, etc.
There are a lot of people which do not like Advish's choreographies very much and I'm one of them. Does it matter if I'm from Russia, Spain, China, Japan, etc? :ne_vi_del:
by clairdelalune
01 May 2012, 16:02

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Благотворит. шоу для детей || Charity shows 20.2 & 1.5.2

Plushy sounds kind of defensive and sarcastic in that interview, or is it only my idea?

In the near future additions to your family is not expected?
My coach Alexei Mishin is now growing geese. And we have to Yanochka is an area on which we built a small house. So, Alexey says, you know you have one shortcoming - you do not have geese (laughs). Now he gives us goose, and we will be growing them. That is the completion - the geese.

this? https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTI2fuxKcHMMRkSF8r_JK7No3fwKWE5EVBdfggduYHFvXz3p3Kt :sh_ok: :kli_ny:

:hi_hi_hi: :hi_hi_hi: Dimi that's a goat, not a goose!!!!

http://i50.tinypic.com/nlrix0.jpg

:-):
by clairdelalune
04 May 2012, 16:35

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why Russia has less champions than in the past?
– May be young people want easy money. They think footballers like Ronaldo easily earn 20 million. But as a matter of fact they really work hard.
Why the coaches don’t make their students work harder?
- They do, believe me. I already work with children, coaching them. I see that only 3 in 10 children really work. The rest just don’t want to.
But you will win gold in Sochi, we can count on you?
- For me getting on the podium will be a big victory. My aim is not to win gold or silver but to make podium.
What is the current condition of sports objects in Sochi?
-They are being built. Soon Russian Nationals and Grand Prix final will be held in Sochi. This is very good for Russian athletes to have this experience, to get used. In February in Sochi during the Olympics there will be above-zero temperature; it is quite difficult to skate in such conditions.
Now the children have nowhere to play football in the yards. Too much cars. There are no playgrounds.
- We should require the administration to build playgrounds. Still, in my childhood when I lived in Volgograd, I played football every day, despite the fact that we had no playground.
What do you expect from the president?
- For me, the main thing is sport. I’m waiting for Russia’s sports successes.

NIce interview, very realistic IMO. :co_ol: :bra_vo:
by clairdelalune
07 May 2012, 16:24

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Maybe the "lines" she is talking about is purely figure skating term for skating skill (edges), otherwise, I would say Plushy is the most elegant skater still competing. His movements define elegance although sometimes the emotion is raw and fierce :hi_hi_hi:

No, she means body lines not edges. Her opinion isn't new to me, a lot of FS followers from N/A share the same view about Evgeni's skating, he isn''t regarded or recognized as an elegant or artistic skater. They have a different perception of what these things mean, so it's not a reason to be angry or upset. Just ignore her (them). :plush34:
by clairdelalune
10 May 2012, 17:09

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

lala630312 wrote:Dear Clair!

I love Yuzu, but i don't like your gif! I would like to see Plushy's gif. Sometimes you forget, that is Plushy's site. Sorry.

Look, Lala, Yuzuru is amazed by Plushy's moves!!!! :mo-ro_zi_vo: :mi_ga_et:
by clairdelalune
10 May 2012, 20:10

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Другие интересные новости || Other interesting news

Cutest interview of Misha Ge by the orange team.

Uzbek skater Misha Ge told that his role models are Yagudin, Zhenya and Takahashi. He likes all of them because they are unique and have own styles.
He exepts Plushenko or Takahashi will be the first in Sochi 2014. He couldn't say which is better because they both are very nice and very good skaters. The third will be maybe Misha himself! After his idols))
Plushy is the greatest motivator for him. Plushy has so many titles and looking at what he did in Sheffield, Misha has more respect for Plushy :co_ol: (Oh good boy Misha...!! :plush40: )

JCKTDAxldJ8

Probably the Orange team members got a heart attack when Misha started to praise Plushy. I wonder how were they able to finish the interview! :-) :hi_hi_hi:
I believe it was his first and last interview! :ps_ih:
by clairdelalune
16 May 2012, 15:19

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Мужчины || Men

:plush28: Claire, I don't wanna be rude and with all do respects, but who 'f..' cares?

http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy295/schoenveter/zzzuntitled.jpg

Please 4give me the 'F word..'
I'm sorry I do not know that's just me but I can not digest Chan, left for me on
my stomach ..

:ze_le_ny:

;;-))) ;;-))) ;;-)))
Sorry, Simona, I hope i didn't cause you an indigestion! :hi_hi_hi:
by clairdelalune
16 May 2012, 20:23

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ISU Гран При 2012/13 || ISU Grand Prix series 2012/2013

Well the USFSA have proven that they are totally stupid! :plush43:

They had to give Weir two because of the comeback skater thingy, and of course you give Abbott two. But instead of promoting their two fabulous youngsters (Joshua Farris and Jason Brown :plush31: ), they give assignments to Rippon, Miner, and Razzano, and TWO to Dornbush! (Who on earth is Razzano? :ne_vi_del: )

I mean, Jason still has work to do on his 3A to get it consistent :plush37: but they are both better skaters by miles than most of the ones named to the GP. I do not understand why you would back the older, mediocre skaters over exciting young talent. :ne_vi_del:

Yes, it's unbelievable!!!!! :plush43: Idiots! :ze_le_ny: I've never heard of Razzano, who is this guy? :ne_vi_del:
by clairdelalune
23 May 2012, 13:04

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ok, maybe she should have said "marked down" an not "criticized". It doesn't bother me because I got the point, she wants to know if Camerlengo improved Evgeni's transitions. I would have asked him the same thing, because I'm very very curious to see the result. Aren't you?
I don't care who agrees with her and who don't, I care about the marks and we all know his TR mark is lower than other components. This is a fact! :plush36:

Do not forget Plushy's IN and PE marks are also lower than certain skater :plush43: :plush43: So that is totally normal then? (This comment is purely to express my feeling towards current judging system, which in some way is just a joke)

You can't compare scores from different competitions, it's not relevant. Evgeni couldn't skate at 100% at Euros. it was his second competion of the season, he was injured and undertrained. Other skaters do 4-5 competitions before Worlds, where they are supposed to peak. IN and PE aren't a problem, he has to improve the transitions.
by clairdelalune
27 May 2012, 22:39

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Оф. новости - ИСУ/ФФККР || Official News ISU/Russian FS

Shame on the USFSA for not promoting their talented young men! :plush43:
by clairdelalune
03 Jun 2012, 13:48

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Новости о соревнованиях || Plushy in Competitions 2012/1

lala630312 wrote:Hello Clair!
You have been here a long time ago. :ni_zia:

Hi Lala, it´s true :smu:sche_nie: !!!! :plush39: :ro_za:
by clairdelalune
14 Aug 2012, 16:31

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Контрольные прокаты || Open Test Skating - 2011, 2012

The style is outdated IMHO and it lacks transitions. Artur's SP is better, even it can be compared to Chan's, Dai's or Abbott's programmes. Evgeni could keep this program if Mishin and him like it and ask a good choreographer to add some strong content. It's not rocket science, for God's sake, if Russian's choreographers have no inspiration, youtube is full of good programmes. :ne_vi_del: :kli_ny:
You simply can't drop a good programme just because it doesn't have a glorious ending! :ny_tik:

I do not like Chan's programs at all. Dai's is OK for me but not all the time. Abbott's program also could not touch my heart. So it is really taste thing. The only thing you might say to those programs is that they are COP friendly programs, with artistry appreciated by certain people. Artistry part goes also for Plushy's programs since we know how many haters out there claiming they feel nothing from Plushy's programs.

You could not say that Tchaikovsky's music is out of date because now people like to hear lady GAGA. And ballet style to me is really more beautiful and elegant than Jazz and so called modern dancing. They are not out dated art, just not appeal for certain people.

And yes, youtube is full of good programs. Maybe that is why people continue removing Plushy's ones from youtube, because they are TOOOOO BAAAAAD :ps_ih: (OK, their reason is copyright issue, but why other skater's programs are still there?)

I'm not talking about artistry, Chan's programs have no artistic value IMO, except Buttle's Rahmaninov which I like very much. :plush31: If Evgeni adds more transitions and choreography to his LP it would be perfect :a_g_a: , because it already shows Evgeni's softer part, like everybody expected. I've read some forums and people clearly like this new program. :plush34:
by clairdelalune
17 Sep 2012, 14:31

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Golden Skate Awards 2012 - Turin, Italy 20.10.2012

Girls! I have seen Plushy's Swan many times, and I love it!! :son-ce: But I don't understand, why they didn't use COP expert, when they choreographed the program? :plush38: I know they improved this thing, but more needs to be dealt with it. Zhenya can collect many points easy way!!!! I'm not an expert, I had this thought, when i watched the Skate America. What do you think?

Plushy said in interview that he will respect the rule so I guess he will continue polishing his program. However I doubt the end result will be very COP friendly as other top skaters. If we look at results from JO, he has level 4 steps, the spins (he got 2,3,4 levels for 3 spin sets) still can be improved. His weakness on PCS is TR and CH which I believe he is working on it. And if he skated clean, there are also room for improvement on PE and IN.

If you are referring to the jumping layout, I actually gave it some thinking. The popular points grabbing programs normally has a jumping layout of 3-5 by putting one or two sets of spins and one set of steps in the first half of the program, which is physically demanding for the jumps putting at the second half of the program. Sure Plushy can add some more transitions (choreographed dancing movements) in for the current program, but it will never be a 3-5 type program. Moreover, from music arrange point of view, it is not so easy to make it very COP friendly:

1. It is not possible to put the either steps in the first half of the program because they suit the music which are on the second half;
2. To front load spins also might influence the jumps so it is also not very likely since if the plan is 2 quads and 2 3A;

But Plushy is working on it for sure!!! The music has already changed from the initial version (also the version used on JO) by shorten the first part and extended the third part. Which means the jumping layout would change from 6-2 to 5-3. Of course 4-4 would be wonderful but it will depend on how Plushy's body can take. If you compare the JO and KOI version, you could also find changes in the choreography. I have not compared this version with the KOI version yet, but the potential is there :-)

IMO Evgeni should work on: SS, CH, TR. With two quads and improved SS and TR, the judges will forget his program is not so COP friendly as other programs. :co_ol: :a_g_a:
by clairdelalune
22 Oct 2012, 11:20

Jump to forum
Jump to topic