Search found 300 matches

Return

Re: Другие интересные новости || Other interesting news

Just come across this one: http://www.theskatinglesson.com/100-moments-of-russian-skating-the-debut-of-plushenko/

100 Moments of Russian Skating: The Debut of Plushenko

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wRZoZWEzCYQ[/youtube]
Evgeny Plushenko has been on the elite skating scene for almost two decades. At just thirteen years of age, he made his debut the 1996 World Junior Championships. Though he finished sixth, Zhenya displayed a mastery of spinning, speed and a competitive mettle that would be his trademark for years to come. Despite a few errors early in the program, Zhenya’s talent and technique was obvious. From the very beginning, there was a flair and a charismatic quality that set him apart.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LLkvLLMR45o[/youtube]
One year later, Plushenko captured the gold at the event and capped off a tremendous season as the premier junior in the world.

by lovplush
16 May 2013, 18:03

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Женя “вне льда” (cтатьи,фото,видео)|| Evgeni OFF the ice

NEW! MERCEDES AMG: НЕМОВ / ПЛЮЩЕНКО. TVC '40s:
M_RR4rSWpM8

translated version :plush45: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rV1JCSQMV2Y
rV1JCSQMV2Y

source:
http://rumors.automobilemag.com/mercedes-sls-amg-driven-by-russian-athletes-227551.html#axzz2Uxqjn7L1
http://wot.motortrend.com/russian-olympians-drive-mercedes-benz-sls-amg-in-new-ad-373231.html#axzz2UxryR4OL
by lovplush
01 Jun 2013, 15:56

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: China

changed banners:

I have also changed the banner for the forum but could not get the link of the image. But anyway that one is not very nice :hi_hi_hi:
by lovplush
07 Jun 2013, 12:37

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Женя и его семья, близкие друзья.. || His family and fri

cekoni wrote:Oh, why they dont put this photo on cover? :plush33: :plush32:
http://www.hello.ru/

Yes, I have the same question. Sasha is so cute in this photo and so happy. :plush33:
by lovplush
07 Jun 2013, 14:24

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Женя на тренировках || Evgeni on training

Lunch break now. Plushy's first training was amazing. Gosh I did not realize that I missed his skating so much. He practiced movements for jumps (not actually jumps, but preparation movements), did not really jump. Practiced probably the new program? What can I say, it is just beautiful, breath takingly beautiful!!!!!!! plush48
by lovplush
17 Jun 2013, 14:57

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Second day's report :-)

The second day, we met him first in the bar inside the rink. He was there to take his morning coffee. He is in a quite good mood. Sara asked how he felt from yesterday’s practice, he said it was OK. Of course we are more concerned about his back and whether he felt pain. He said they are old pains, then joked about that he is an old man. Nevertheless, he said he is very careful with the back, which is kind of relief to us.

The practice went well, he warmed up on ice with a trainer and was very much focused and trained very hard. Later Mishin worked with him for jumping techniques (not real jumps, but the movements). He did some hopping.

At the end of his training session, he practiced a bit his SP, simply beautiful. I am almost in tears. Thank you Evgeni for the emotions!!!
-------
In the afternoon, there was a shower here and he stayed in the gym. At around 7 pm he stepped on ice again. This session is much focused on the jumps, but after he did a double loop (I think) Mishin seemed a bit concerned since he did not do a lot of warmed up for jumps. Later they trained for jumps and he started to do hopping then some double loops. Then he began to train Axel jump, landed double Axels beautifully plush48 . He was also very excited about that and very happy!!!!!

BTW, he also trained some spins they looked very good!!!!

At the end of the session he practiced again some movements from his SP, so beautiful (OK, I am out of word to describe it).

We met him outside the rink after the training, he was very satisfied with today’s result!

Eagle has landed! Our big boy is happy :hi_hi_hi:
by lovplush
18 Jun 2013, 23:25

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Third day report (Sara's twitter is 'live report', mine is a bit mixed up things since I felt like still in a sweet dream :hi_hi_hi: ):

If you ask me whether to stay in the ice rink from 9:30 am till 8:00 pm almost frozen to have cold just to watch Plush’s last minute shown up training is worth it, I would definitely say: absolutely!! :mi_ga_et:

We arrived at 9:30 am in the morning and waited till 1am, no sign of Plush (not entirely true, he was outside the ice rink for a short while, probably just back from morning training outside). In order not to miss him we stayed in the ice rink during noon. In the afternoon, we saw him in the gym upstairs so we are hoping that he will still train on ice later. Around 7 pm, during the ice resurfacing, he was on the ice. It was the last training session I believe.

The session was still mainly about jumps, after warming up, he did some double salchow jumps, some great ones, some a bit shaky ones. He actually fell two times on the ice when he tried loops and a double jump combination, which totally gave us heart attacks :plush44: . But he seems feeling fine and not so frustrated at all, most of the times he smiled :-): . Later, he did nice double toes and loops. Then he tried double Luz and after he succeeded it, he had one knee down on the ice and making the pumping gesture to celebrate :ya_hoo_oo: . Oh boy he was happy :-) .

The great surprise has yet to come: he began to train Axel jump. He did some single ones, then started double axels. Just when I talked to Sara that I thought he now managed all double jumps except flip (he did not train it), he launched for another Axal jump. We all think it would be another great double axels, and Sara was writing twitter describing his masterpiece Axels, he TRIPLED IT!!!!!!! plush48 plush48 We are in shock :sh_ok: :sh_ok: !!!! Or in AWE!!! OMG, what we just witnessed?! Plush was very happy too, he raised both his hands and shouted: “UNBELIEVABLE!!!” We applauded for it, cheering for him. And as if he wanted to confirm it, he DID IT AGAIN!!!! BEAUTIFUL TRIPLE AXELS!!!! :plush31: :plush31: He was extremely happy. Later he trained a bit SP, then stopped training on ice. He was in the gym after a while but later he came out to play football.

Sara and I are soooooo happy, we decided to have some happy drinks :ta_n_cor: :ta_n_cor: . It was an unbelievable day. And Plushy is amazing :plush31: .
by lovplush
20 Jun 2013, 00:19

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Fourth day, nothing special to report. Plushy shown up in the morning, did around 30 mins on ice training, but mainly is to adjust some detailed movements of his SP with David. He did not even remove his outer jacket. But in general his mood is good.

He did not show up in the ice rink in the afternoon/night.

Without plush overdose, Sara and I went to eat ice cream as dinner :-)
by lovplush
20 Jun 2013, 23:32

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Fifth day report:

Today he only did morning (noon) training, in the afternoon he was in the ice rink but just wait for others to finish. Later he went to play football with kids, Vitaly and another guy.

Morning's training was to train some steps and jumps. Mishin guided him not only for jumping technique, but also for steps and edges. He tried some double axels, double Lutz, and tried triple Toe loop. At the beginning, he tried some double ones (I believe he was aiming for triple), then Mishin talked with him, he tried again, landed a beautiful 3T. He was very happy and waved a bit to celebrate.

In general, he did not push himself too much into jumps, at the end of the session he performed the SP again with double jumps. I would say, because he needed to focus a bit on jumps, the emotion was not as strong as the first day when he performed it. But of course, the whole session is serious but not really pushing (which we totally understand and hope he would do so). During the training, Vitaly's son was on ice training for some movements for hockey, Plush let the boy chase after him for two rounds, it was fun to watch:D

No Plush overload today, no cute baby on ice (I saw a three year old baby skater on ice yesterday, she is sooooooo cute). :is_te_ri_ka: (just kidding:D)
by lovplush
21 Jun 2013, 23:27

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ирина wrote:Это в Пинзоло?
https://twitter.com/InfoEkaterina/statu ... 16/photo/1

Yes, this is from today I believe. Some fans came today to watch his training.
by lovplush
21 Jun 2013, 23:16

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sadly, no training on ice today. We met him shortly and chatted a bit. He said the pain is still there, especially in the morning. He hopes in two months he will be fully recovered. So let us pray he would recover soon and well :plush47: :plush47: :plush47: :plush47: .

Tomorrow is holiday for the training camp, and I am leaving on Monday, so this is my last report :mi_ga_et:
by lovplush
22 Jun 2013, 23:27

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Почему я люблю катание Жени || Why I love Plushy’s skati

After watching his training, I have to write something :mi_ga_et:

The power, the passion, the readiness and the assurance of his movements, these are the things that make Plushenko standing out from others. He is like a leopard, elegant but powerful. His skating is not just beautiful to watch, I must admit there are plenty skaters out there who can skate very beautifully, maybe more beautiful than Plushenko's according to certain criteria, but the energy, the vitality in his skating are so powerful, sometimes you just totally ignore the details of his staking (which by no means not beautiful and complex) and soak into an ocean of emotions.

Plushenko has a soul of fighter, a soul that full of love for life, for sports. When he skates, he opens himself a bit and let the audience who appreciated him sharing his soul for a while. That is why he prefers to skate to music that he could "feel", because then he could resonance himself to maximize the emotions he projects. If he wants, he can deliver such performance which is not for faint-hearted because it will be mind blowing and breath taking. This is a gift given by GOD, and I am so graceful to be able to feel such magic power.
by lovplush
26 Jun 2013, 12:55

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

:ni_zia: This boy is probably Vitaly's son :-):

------------------------------------

Yes, he is! He is a very sweet kid :plush31: .

And Plush said he still needs two months to fully recover from the surgery. I asked him once if the jumps will harden the pain, he said everything makes him feel pain. :ny_tik: So we need to :plush47: :plush47: :plush47: :plush47: for his full recover and hope that he will take good care of himself and not to push things too hard.
by lovplush
29 Jun 2013, 19:37

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I found articles appear recently have some weird tones, not sure they are entirely true or correct interpretation of what they have said. Some Russian media are really the enemy of their own people to certain extend. Maybe their boss is foreigner, who knows.

I do not see why Mishin refuses to coach foreign students should cause any fuss, these foreign top athletes have their own coaches. Mishin will never be their principle coach and he has enough Russian students to take care of. As for Evgeni's comments, he was just surprised and as far as we know, Evgeni and Mishin are very secretive about their preparation of programs. Young kids or fans are one thing, potential rivals are another. Plus this year is very special since they are preparing a home Olympics, being cautious is quite normal.

Besides, let us face it, although Mishin is very fit and work on ice whole day long, he is still an old man, how much energy he can spare for top athletes other than Evgeni, Artur and Lisa? Mishin is not merely a coach who teaches jumps, he monitors everything, teaches also steps, skating skills if he spotted something wrong. As skillful as Evgeni, Mishin still will be there ready to correct every tiny things he thought can be improved. So can you imagine that if he took those foreign top skaters, how much time he needs to spend on them?
by lovplush
05 Jul 2013, 10:18

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Женя и его семья, близкие друзья.. || His family and fri

:plush34:

Johnny’s World: Russia
July 18, 2013
By Johnny Weir

This column is in response to the overwhelming amount of questions and tweets I received about my personal feelings concerning Russia’s anti-gay laws, officially written into law on my 29th birthday.....
(more:) http://fcnp.com/2013/07/18/johnnys-world-russia/

LT provide the link to this regulation (http://www.consultant.ru/popular/koap/13_7.html#p1495) which IMO is not excessively done. If as a gay men lives a normal not show-off way of life, he or she should be fine. I do not know if Johnny read the law carefully, maybe, since his husband was Russian. :plush34:
by lovplush
18 Jul 2013, 21:10

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Музыкальное сопровождение программ || Musical Background

Очень хорошая группа, у меня все ее диски есть, учитывая что я украинка. :mi_ga_et:
Выбор вполне достойный, но больше подходит для показательного. Для Олимпиады хотелось бы что то знаковое! Так что я тоже не расстроюсь если будет что то другое!

После великолепных Болеро, Адажио, Тоски..хочется что то посильнее!...например Баха :plush47:

Удивительно что так рано музыку раскрыли, может всеже поменяют...ведь было же Однажды в мексике, а потом такой шикарный сюрьприз в виде Тоски!

I disagree, the music itself might sound not strong enough if comparing to other Classical music, with Evgeni's skating, it is just perfect. With all other skaters doing classic or war horse type music, Evgeni's choice is refreshing and unique.
by lovplush
27 Jul 2013, 12:06

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Музыкальное сопровождение программ || Musical Background

Classic and warhorses musics are often used by the skaters who need to hide their lack of sophistication and refineness. They think the music will add them PCS :kli_ny: .
Plu choice is extremely mature. He is the only one in the current field who could pull it. But some moments are too Slavic I would say. Sometimes judges fail to get even easier music pieces in terms of international-thinking, like Dai's Blues. Edvin just should make this song more "understantable" for worldwide public and judges who often too lack broadmindness. :ps_ih:

plush48 :son-ce:

I totally agree with you that Plushy is the only one who can pull this out. When I first listen to this music, before Plush start to practice the program itself, I thought the music is so beautiful but maybe too soft for Plush (But of course at that time the music did not reach the second or the end part).

The music itself (if not go into the lyrics), it is like: when you first hear it, at the beginning, you would imagine the stream (brook?), than it start to build up to river, in the end it is powerful like a big river, but still with the softness of water.

When Plush started his movements, at the very beginning, it is kind of soft, just beautiful, then 'bang', I was literally blown away, so powerful and passionate. Sara and I drew the conclusion: this is totally Plushenko, just perfect. You would think with such 'soft' music, it is just beautifully beautiful (any skater other than Plush will probably deliver a beautiful program on this piece of music, but nothing more), no, it is emotionally strong, powerful manly skating, yet with Plush's unique elegance and beauty on ice.
by lovplush
29 Jul 2013, 17:37

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I do not really understand the fuss. Yes it is unfortunate that Russia passed such law, but the law itself does not really against being gay people but gay propaganda (I think especially towards minors who are more vulnerable to various ideas).

And it is kind of domestic affair, like if you go to a middle-east country, you should at least respect the local law. So I do not understand why they thought it would affect athletes. Unless all the these gay athletes decided to show their affection towards their partners publicly (like weir does), they would not be affected by this law :plush34:
by lovplush
04 Aug 2013, 00:15

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Пресса о Жене, интервью Жени || Press about Evgeni ON Ic

I don't know yet if it's a good idea or a bad idea. If they simply cut pieces of music and he skates 30 seconds to Adagio, 30 to Godfather, etc, it's a very bad idea! If they rearrange the music and simply insert some highlits from previous programs it could be great. Unfortunately I saw in the news report about his firts 4T some "walk like an Egyptian" moves a la Evan Lysacek and heard Sheherezade. The name "Best of Plushenko" can also suggest that we'll see actual choreography from previous programs. :plush30: :plush34: So I'm worried. :plush34:

Use google translation function to read the full interview. He said in his interview that the program is 'new' even though it is 'best of his programs'. He knows that it is not possible just chop things up and put it together. Have faith.

That said, I doubt the idea at the beginning but now I am more go for it, just have faith.
by lovplush
27 Aug 2013, 15:55

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

As regards the arrangement 4-5 different tunes... do you remember Plushy's program "Once upon in America"? There was even more, completely different musical themes.
Someone has already said that they are mostly Marton's music - so the compilation certainly will be easier.
Also, if Tatjana Flade said that she likes it - I believe in her judgment.
... and ofc, I will waiting to hear and see myself - only then, I will be able to tell something further about it. :plush45:

Some people found the arrangement of OUATIA was not good :-) For me it is pretty OK though. I do not like the MJ melody to be honest. But again all these 'horrible' music arrangements were before he and Marton team up so we should have faith in Marton :hi_hi_hi:

As for Flade's opinion, I did not realize that she was talking about LP. I thought she saw the SP, which is by the way gorgeous. But if she said she likes LP, then I am more than happy :-)
by lovplush
28 Aug 2013, 12:32

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

And the official (or unofficial I'm not sure) program preview sheet showed plushenko was planning 4/3/2 just like in 2006. So even if he decided while he was skating not to do 4/3/2 how about 3/2/2 after lutz or axel?

Preview sheet for Tango Amore?

Plushy is the one on ice, and he is not the only one made mistake about jumps so why on earth discuss this? Why on earth we are still talk about that one? Will the discussion change anything in the past? No! So Move on people.
by lovplush
02 Sep 2013, 13:49

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This is his "old" photo - from (around) 2011 test training Это фото с ЧР 2013 :mi_ga_et:
http://evgeni-plushenko.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=339&start=260#p78838
Really? :du_ma_et: I thought from this "series":
http://visualrian.ru/ru/site/gallery/index/id/953282/context/%7B%22q%22%3A%22%5Cu041f%5Cu043b%5Cu044e%5Cu0449%5Cu0435%5Cu043d%5Cu043a%5Cu043e%22%2C%22types%22%3A%7B%220%22%3A%22photo%22%2C%224%22%3A%22russia%22%7D%7D/

.... anyway, they intentionally chose a picture where he appears almost "desperate" :plush34: ... why they not chose this, for example? :plush41:
http://visualrian.ru/ru/site/gallery/index/id/1024019/context/%7B%22q%22%3A%22%5Cu041f%5Cu043b%5Cu044e%5Cu0449%5Cu0435%5Cu043d%5Cu043a%5Cu043e%22%2C%22types%22%3A%7B%220%22%3A%22photo%22%2C%224%22%3A%22russia%22%7D%7D/

They want a tired fading hero instead of still vivid living warrior. This is a NA minded magazine so I do not blame them :-)
by lovplush
07 Sep 2013, 16:08

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Still have not received the digital version of the IFS magazine, but they send a hard copy to me so here are the scan images:

http://www.plushycnfanclub.org/forum-dz/data/attachment/forum/201309/20/223701d6mu7bn3q1q97d1f.jpg

http://www.plushycnfanclub.org/forum-dz/data/attachment/forum/201309/20/223647m6zpg6e47nhgz9g5.jpg

http://www.plushycnfanclub.org/forum-dz/data/attachment/forum/201309/20/2236402pjq9iriqkkzz7uh.jpg

http://www.plushycnfanclub.org/forum-dz/data/attachment/forum/201309/20/223626om8busm96w655bw9.jpg

:plush45:
by lovplush
20 Sep 2013, 18:38

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This time is all about quads apparently. Everybody seems to think as long as somebody can jumps multiple quads, they are contenders. Now where is the saying of 'figure skating is not all about jumps'?

:plush34:
by lovplush
02 Nov 2013, 14:26

Jump to forum
Jump to topic