Search found 21 matches

Return

Re: Контрольные прокаты 03-04.09.2011 || Open Test Skating

Girls, thanks so much for the videos, report and of course going in person to support Zhenya! Even when he's nervous / retrained, he has such grace on the ice and the audience just hushes to watch him. I don't know whether it's the haircut or because he's super slim, but he looks younger in this test skate! Anyhow, fingers tightly crossed that he keeps healthy. Every time I see him skate, I just think that we're so lucky to be born in a time when we see him in his prime. I've never seen such a unique artist, peerless athlete and all-round great guy.
by Jia Jia
04 Sep 2011, 06:23

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Видео из личного архива Евгения || Evgeni's exclusive vi

OMG so much stuff to watch :ya_hoo_oo: Ok, I'm going to be quiet now and just be mezmerized by Zhenya...Sigh, we neeeeeed him back! No one has his charisma.
by Jia Jia
14 Oct 2011, 07:51

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Чемпионат России 2012 || Russian Nationals 2012, 24-28.1

So glad he's back! Figure skating suddenly got so much more exciting. He's born with the charisma and elegance. As for getting his programs perfect, I'll let him and his team worry about that. I love the second step sequence in the LP where he half jumps and glides across massive amounts of ice - he stumbles a bit but the excitement of all that smooth movement is great!
by Jia Jia
27 Dec 2011, 06:23

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Чемпионат Европы 2012 || European Championships 2012

Someone like him comes along a few times in history. So lucky that we're alive at the same time as him and get to see him show what true heroism is. He's not just a figure skating or sporting legend, he shows how human beings can break boundaries of what is possible.
by Jia Jia
29 Jan 2012, 01:04

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: С ДНЁМ ЗАЩИТНИКА ОТЕЧЕСТВА,ЖЕНЯ!

As I said many times - because of Zhenya is so many times played the Russian anthem, raise the Russian flag ... plush48
Many foreigners like Russia, traveled to Russia, studying its history, learn Russian language ... just because of him! :plush41:
I think this is the best "defense" of Russia! :bra_vo: Happy holiday, Zhemya! :son-ce:

T6WD46EHtVI

Thank you, for great memories!

On this video at 4: 55, I hold in my hands lucky pink banner right below "eurosport live" ... or above Buttle head plush48

That was magic moment to see live how Evgeni won Olympic gold medal! :plush11:

С праздником Россияне! :ry_car:

Gosh, I started feeling teary watching that! That's what I call the true Olympic spirit - three great guys up where they deserve to be.
by Jia Jia
24 Feb 2012, 07:05

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Prince Ice World 2012 - Tokyo, Japan 13-16.07.2012 (8 sh

https://twitter.com/_krudy/status/224465734108053504/photo/1
http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/5074/largeza.jpg

This picture is sooooo beautiful, my heart melts. :plush32: :mo-ro_zi_vo:[/quote]

Yeah, he's so pretty it almost doesn't look real. I thought a fan had done something to the pic and added the garland. But, it's just Plushy being naturally beautiful :plush31: He looks great in white!
by Jia Jia
16 Jul 2012, 01:38

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Stars on Ice - Italian summer tour 13-17.08.2012 (5 show

Haters will write anyway stupid things! :plush43: :ze_le_ny:
Normal people will understand that this is ONLY show, program is still in development ... and he had broken boot. Real skating fans will wait competitions, to comment the progam...

Moreover, what is important what haters think now ? More important is what will judges think on the competition! ::yaz-yk:

Some of the people who don't like Plushy will pretty much repeat the same things, no matter what the actual program looks like. And it's always the same stuff, anyway; it has been the same for years. It doesn't matter that much. *shrugs*

But since now the cat's out of the bag :-) , I'll mention that I like the choice of music more and more, and clearly it is meaningful to Evgeni. I'll leave what the judges will think to the judges and experts (i. e. how COP friendly it is, and that sort of thing) and just say what I myself think....As a viewer, I can already get a sense of depth to it, even though it is of course still in a very preliminary stage. My hope is that this will have a chance, when fully developed and displayed to all advantage, to be a quite "spiritual" program, even if that kind of thing is considered completely unimportant to many figure skating "experts" nowadays....

Two things:
1. Could someone please post the link to the "good" Facebook vid of Plushy's new SP? I seem to be hopeless at finding it :ny_tik:
2. I LOVE where this new SP is going and totally agree with whitebamboo that this could be quite a spiritual program :plush46: Plushy feels all the subtle changes in the music and inflects his movements accordingly. There's also a lovely contrast between serene and intense passages. And of course, the footwork. It's funny to me how the media seemed to "forget" Plushy's footwork once Torino 2006 was done. It's great to see him showing everyone so clearly exactly how good and varied his skating is.
by Jia Jia
19 Aug 2012, 23:42

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Контрольные прокаты || Open Test Skating - 2011, 2012

It is truly amazing that Zhenya can still transform his style after 20 yrs in the sport. His dedication, artistry and conviction is superhuman. Respect.
by Jia Jia
16 Sep 2012, 09:39

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Почему я люблю катание Жени || Why I love Plushy’s skati

Oh ladies, you have captured Plushy's skating so beautifully! :plush31: A few of my favourite phrases from you all:

"I love Plushenko’s skating purely because his skating moves me in some way"
"Watching Plushy's best performances is like watching a Natural Wonder, it is easy to appreciate but hard to answer 'how and why'."
"Evgeni is able to give expression and form to all these different emotions and experiences, he has such a great range in his skating, because he has this range, all these different facets, inside him. To go out on a limb here, it's the size of his spirit. This is, perhaps, what I want to call his "connection to the truth"
"And then he started moving, and suddenly I was not tired anymore, and I didn't need to know anything about skating, or the jumps, or the scoring, or anything else, to know that...here was someone more special than anything I had ever seen."

As for me, I first saw him during the FS of the 2002 Olympics. Weirdly enough, it wasn't mesmerization at first sight. I saw Timothy Goebel, Plushy, then Yagudin. I was impressed with all three and remember being skeptical of Plushenko before his skate. Who was this blond kid with the long nose and a loud costume? But his program (Carmen) was nearly flawless and I found myself intrigued. However, I got distracted by Yagudin's more "typical" heartthrob looks and came away from the Olympics thinking I was a Yagudin fan. A year later, I was in China visiting relatives and skating was on TV. This beautiful sleek blond Russian glided onto the ice and I recognized him as the eye-catching kid from Salt Lake City. I pointed him out to my dad who commented, "wow, he's lethal like a stealth missile." And that was when it clicked. There was this aura about him. He hadn't even begun skating and you could feel his mood wash over every viewer. There was something magnetic about him - you wanted to watch him, you wanted to feel what he felt, and through him, you felt connected to something altogether bigger than either yourself, the rest of the audience or him. It's this fusion of truth, spontaneity, emotion and charisma that you've all mentioned. I feel that there's something elemental about Plushy's skating. When he takes the ice he IS the ice, but he is also a man and he is himself. He's not trying to dazzle with technique or artistry...he's a channel for truth - the truth about emotions, about the ice, about the human spirit and about Plushenko.
by Jia Jia
28 Dec 2012, 11:05

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Чемпионат Европы 2013 || European Championships 2013

Hi girls,
I'm getting to Zagreb on Wed with my mum. I haven't met any of you - are you going to be sitting together or something? I'd love to come say hi at some point.
Jia Jia
by Jia Jia
21 Jan 2013, 17:04

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fan meetings appointments

Hi ladies!
I've been terribly incompetent at navigating the threads on the forum and didn't realize you guys were talking logistics here until lala630312 pointed me to this thread. I'm arriving Wed with my mum (yay!) and leaving Mon. Reading through this thread, I guess I will spot some of you before the competitions. Where are you sitting? I have a ticket for myself in section D. My mum's in section A since I got her tickets later. Anyhow, I hope I'll get to say hi to some of you!
Enjoy the competition everyone!
Jia Jia
by Jia Jia
21 Jan 2013, 23:30

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hi girls,

I just got back from watching the pairs free program (after watching the men's short earlier) and realized the latest news of Plushy withdrawing. I wish wish wish him all the best in recovering and prepping for Sochi. This was the first time I saw him live in competition. Despite the problems he had, I was completely blown away. His skating is SUBLIME. It's clear from the moment he takes the ice for warm-ups that he has this radiant quality. He floats across the ice and moves with indescribable grace. Other skaters might execute an element with textbook completeness, but Plushy's elements are exquisite and the artistry and technique go so deep. His jumps are brilliant, he has energy flowing from head to foot in every pose that he holds, and even in his turns - which I gather tend to be his weaker aspect - you can feel the depth of focus and quality that he's working with. I completely understand why he sees his competition as being himself. He's on a different level. Media, fans and anyone can say whatever they like. When Plushy came on the ice, he was this light that filled my heart with inspiration. Some other skaters were very good (I particularly enjoyed Amodio) but I have to say that I felt a bit cold/bored/detached when Plushy was done. It's like the sun shone and then set. Genius is a beautiful thing and he is simply beautiful on ice.

Jia Jia
by Jia Jia
25 Jan 2013, 02:37

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Woohoo! Love all the encouragement that Plushy's getting on Twitter and his determination to fight on. And yes, Kovtun and the girls were great today! I was speaking with some Swiss fans who kept talking about how much they loved the Russian style. The drama, the beauty and the excellence!
by Jia Jia
27 Jan 2013, 03:12

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Добрые пожелания для Евгения || Good wishes for Evgeni

Gooooo Zhenya! I've been absent from this forum for a while but have been lurking to check up on Plushy's competitive news. Am so psyched that he'll be competing! Honestly, it's such an honour for the other athletes that they'll be sharing the ice with a legend.
by Jia Jia
03 Feb 2014, 08:00

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Пресса & Новости о Жене || Press & News about Plushy

Have a great trip! Sending you and Plushy lots of good vibes.
by Jia Jia
03 Feb 2014, 08:02

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Командные соревнования || Team Event

Oh my goodness he is so EXCITING on the ice! The energy is incredible, so many levels beyond anyone else's. So proud of and awed by you Zhenya! To come out and skate like that after all the expectations placed on him and snide comments from critics, well only he can do that. So much belief and determination. Go Zhenya. You're a legend. :is_te_ri_ka:
by Jia Jia
07 Feb 2014, 01:58

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Командные соревнования || Team Event

I just made myself concentrate on the judges scores PDF (I'm bad with details). I don't know much about the judging systems but I have to say that judges differ a LOT in how they score Zhenya on PCs. Chan and Yuzuru (I think Yuzuru's great btw but let's not even talk about Chan...eww) systematically get 8.75 or above but Plushy's scores range from 4.50 (who the hell scored that in his transitions?!) to 9.75. When it comes to scoring subjective components like "smoothness of transitions" or "interpretation," I have to say that wildly divergent scores just show you that the problem isn't Zhenya's skating, it's how the judges choose to judge his skating. The person who gave him 4.50 obviously has a very different idea of what makes for a good transition than the two who gave him 9.25. And just look at the scores for interpretation: Patrick gets at least 8.50 while two people managed to score Plush at 7.50 and 7.75 respectively. That is just ridiculous cuz if there's one thing Plushy masters like no one else, no matter how crappy the program or how technically hampered he is, it's interpreting and delivering the performance. He basically should get 10+ in those areas. Oh well, none of this surprises us. Some of the judges clearly don't appreciate Zhenya's style of skating but the crowd just goes bananas when he's on the ice because he has that special ability to inspire and excite us.

Ребят, всем привет)
Как думаете, почему за компоненты так мало поставили?..

//////
Hey, guys:)
Why do you think he got so little score for components?..

:smu:sche_nie:
Few ISU judges are still under influence of Chan's ex-coach, who lectured them: "what is good skating" :kli_ny: :ps_ih:
by Jia Jia
09 Feb 2014, 02:47

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Мужчины - КП & ПП || Men - Short & Free Programs 13/14.0

We love you Zhenya! Thank you thank you for being such an inspiration, not just for ice skating but for life. You are beautiful, strong and kind. You always strive to be the best and have worked so hard from childhood and through injuries to show us what it is possible to achieve. And you have given us some of the most graceful, exciting and powerful skating that we have ever seen. Thank you for the spirit. Thank you for the art. And thank you for the humour and good times. We will never be disappointed in you because we want the best for you. Please rest and look forward to exciting things in the future!
by Jia Jia
14 Feb 2014, 04:50

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Дискуссии о Жене || Discussion about Plushy

Can someone translate the discussion that you're upset about? I've been reading in some US news that ppl in Russia, including Yagudin and Urmanov, have criticised Zhenya for pulling out, the skating federation for selecting him over Kovtun, and even accused Yana of masterminding a Plushy PR stunt by having him compete in the team and then pull out in the individual event. I don't even understand how people can think this way. Anyone can see that he is one of the toughest competitors ever. He never gives up. The fact that he did should indicate what unbelievable pain and potential danger he was in. I, for one, was worried that he'd compete and permanently disable himself. Also, Zhenya's never played the politics of the sport. He competes pure and simple because he believes in greatness instead of manipulation. Yana's great at PR but Zhenya's off-rink life is quite different from his on-rink one. He doesn't "play up" his showmanship in the sport and engineer little PR coups; he's just a natural artist and showman on the ice. Plus, he was so important in helping to win the team gold. He anchored the entire team with his performances. And finally, have any of his detractors tried themselves to compete at Olympic level a year after spinal surgery? I think not.
by Jia Jia
15 Feb 2014, 01:40

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Дискуссии о Жене || Discussion about Plushy

Thanks for the article link Oyasumu! Some people are vile. Will do anything to get a bit of media attention. Hope Plushy ignores them and takes time to rest and recover.
by Jia Jia
15 Feb 2014, 11:08

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Мужчины - КП & ПП || Men - Short & Free Programs 13/14.0

I watched the competiton..Plushy could win a medal..easily..if he is totally healthy :is_te_ri_ka:

Yeah, I agree. Saw the whole thing last night on replay with a friend and was pretty shocked at how people fell apart under Olympic pressure. Plushy would definitely have made bronze and had a good shot at the other two. He's still, at age 31, one of the absolute top skaters in the world, judged by any and every standard. And there is no tougher competitor. I'm still relieved he pulled out. Not worth it to risk permanent injury.
by Jia Jia
15 Feb 2014, 21:49

Jump to forum
Jump to topic