Остальное ФК || News about other skaters

Зимние Олимпийские игры 2010 в Ванкувере || Winter Olympic games 2010 in Vancouver

Re: Остальное ФК || News about other skaters

Postby Pascalou » 24 Feb 2010, 18:19

AnyaNikolaievna wrote:I didn't know until it was too late (not that I would've watched either way) but Lysacek was on Larry King today. I dread to imagine what he has to say.

No way! Didn't know either! Same here don't know if i'd watched! Pfff!
Pascalou

Postby Pascalou » 24 Feb 2010, 21:05

Scarlett wrote:Image

God this guy is cute!
Богу этот парень мило! (I hope translation is OK!LOL!)
Pascalou

Postby aysu » 25 Feb 2010, 04:57

Joannie Rochette must be a very strong person.It was an amazing performance. :bra_vo:
aysu

Relationships between Lori Nichol and Joseph Inman

Postby Kudryavka » 25 Feb 2010, 10:29

An interesting and very long article was published in Japan today. I'm gonna try to translate only some part. (Can someone translate all text to Russian or English? I have no time and energy.)
I just read it and very surprised. I didn't know the American judge Joseph "Joe" Inman is a good friend of choreographer Lori Noichol.

The American judge who interfered with a straight victory of Plushenko
Dubious E-mail - Truth of the lobbying at the 2010 Olympics -

http://number.bunshun.jp/other/figure/column/view/4655/
Text be Akiko Tamura

..... I noticed that there was one very important fact, but it was not mentioned in any articles. Perhaps the writer of French L'equipe would not know it. This is the important fact that all concerned in North American skating know: "Joseph Inman is a very close friend of choreographer Lori Nichol"

...... In the day of Men's short program, I asked expert sports columnist Jeré Longman in media room.

"You didn't mention relations of Joe Inman and Lori Nicole in your column of the New York Times. Why didn't you mention it?"
"Because, it was not important fact."
"So, look at this situation from the opposite viewpoint. If Russian judge send that email, and if the judge is a close friend of coach of Evgeni Plushenko, don't you think that this is important factor?"
"....OK. It may be important. But, so what? Plushenko is the first place in SP. What does that matter?"

I talked with Longman shortly after the Men's SP. Plushenko was surely the first place in SP. But his TR (transitions and linking footwork) marks was singularly low. Was this really fair judging? Or, was there the influence of Inman's email?

I asked Takeshi Honda, who came to Vancouver as a TV commentator, about it. He said:

"When I compare Plushenko with other skaters, I received the impression that his TR marks was considerably lowered."......

She also mentioned about anti-Russian feeling in US.
..... I live in America for over 20 years, but I still can't understand American society's anti-Russian feeling. .....

...... Inman's email subject became the disturbance by North American media. It made an atmosphere of "Defeat Plushenko." If here is Japan, that's hard to imagine. Japanese media doesn't fan hatred toward to only one athlete. I asked Longman.

"Is not the fairness of the news important for North American journalists?"
"I'm a columnist, not a journalist. My work is to sell my opinion like a politician. So to speak, I'm a lobbyist,"
he snapped.

Plushenko fought in such a hostility of North American media. To be honest, before the Games, I expected surely that something bad will happen. But the Cold War was over in the early in 1990s? When come the day we can simply enjoy figure skating without confrontation between countries? ......

It was written by Ms. Akiko Tamura, who has been living in USA since 1977. Now she lives in NYC.
She is one of the most famous figure skating writer in Japan, and sometimes she works as an English/Japanese interpreter for Japanese skaters (Like Tatjana Flade) at the press conference.

More information about her are here.
http://plushenko.forumfree.it/?t=350522 ... y365792784
Last edited by Kudryavka on 25 Feb 2010, 11:55, edited 3 times in total.
He didn't compete for three years, but as soon as I saw him, I knew that there was a true Olympic Champion on the ice. - Takahiko Kozuka, Rostelecom Cup 2009
Kudryavka

Re: Relationships between Lori Nichol and Joseph Inman

Postby cekoni » 25 Feb 2010, 11:23

kudryavka wrote:An interesting and very long article was published in Japan today.
The American judge who interfered with a straight victory of Plushenko
Dubious E-mail - Truth of the lobbying at the 2010 Olympics -

http://number.bunshun.jp/other/figure/c ... /4655/work) marks was singularly low. Was this really fair judging? Or, was there the influence of Inman's email? ....
This is the important fact that all concerned in North American skating know: "Joseph Inman is a very close friend of choreographer Lori Nichol"....

Yes, krudy :plush34: ..... on the internet have bunch of similar stories.... :-(

http://www.examiner.com/x-20118-Figure- ... -Vancouver
.... But perhaps the most striking part of his score was the transitions component, which only averaged 6.80. Judge Joe Inman’s email last week regarding Plushenko’s own remarks about his program transitions has seemed to have a clear (and correct) effect on the judging this week....

... or here - MUCH MORE... :ze_le_ny:

http://auntjoyceicecreamstand.blogspot. ... itics.html

The Art of International Politics
To understand how Evan Lysacek was able to beat Evgeny Plushenko, one must understand that it did have a lot to do with their performances, but it also was a match between Frank and the North American machine against Mishin, Piseev and Didier....

... Krylova recognized the political game being played out in the press and noticed a flaw in the Russian logic. Krylova made it clear to me that Evan Lysacek would win if he skated well before the event began.

“The Russians made a fatal error in how they chose to attack Evan Lysacek. They went after the fact that he doesn’t perform a quad. That is an objective argument. There are points awarded for quads and it is all on paper. Political battles are won with subjective arguments. If the Russians wanted to win, they should’ve gone after Lysacek’s triple axel takeoff and say that it was cheated and harp on the edge change going into his lutz. It would’ve been easy to get inside Lysacek’s head by saying his triple axel is cheated. It isn’t technically cheated, but it is the worst triple axel in men’s figure skating. They could’ve gone after his lutz as well and had Evan lose confidence in his jumps. Grades of Execution are subjective. If the judges had any reason to doubt Evan’s jumps, they would’ve been much more likely to.”

Carroll has a political machine in place and he is rather good at it. He is amazing on the National level, but he has learned to wage war with the Russians. One of Carroll's allies is Joe Inman, an American and International judge who is well respected and even holds seminars on the International Judging System for the International Skating Union. He is also someone who has a relationship with Frank Carroll's skaters. He provides advice for them and it becomes more of a team effort. Journalists get their information from coaches and judges. Christine Brennan regularly quotes Inman and has a longtime respect for Frank Carroll. She even tweeted about it being his gold medal last night. The television media is as politically invested as anyone else. Scott Hamilton is Evan Lysacek’s mentor, a friend, the owner of a tour for which Lysacek is a major draw, and is a trusted voice for the American public. Whether or not they knew it, they played a vital role in Lysacek and Carroll’s political victories against American skaters....

.... and much, much more... :plush38:
cekoni
Administrator

Re: Relationships between Lori Nichol and Joseph Inman

Postby Kudryavka » 25 Feb 2010, 23:58

cekoni wrote:... or here - MUCH MORE... :ze_le_ny:

http://auntjoyceicecreamstand.blogspot. ... itics.html

The Art of International Politics

Thank you. Very interesting blog. Is this a personal journal? I didn't know Hamilton is a friend of Lysacek. I didn't understand why that guy hates Plushy so much, but now I understand.

So far, in Japan, only few figure skating fans (like me. lol) know about Inman's mail. Stupid TV and the people who watch figure skating once in four years said bad thing about Plushy. So, it was very good that a professional sports writer Akiko Tamura wrote about the lobbying for the Number-Web.
"Number" is the most popular general sports magazine in Japan.
Number Mag http://www.bunshun.co.jp/mag/number/
Number Web http://number.bunshun.jp/ :-ok-:

Ms. Tamura writes for World Figure Skating also. I think that she will write about it once again in next issue of WFS.
He didn't compete for three years, but as soon as I saw him, I knew that there was a true Olympic Champion on the ice. - Takahiko Kozuka, Rostelecom Cup 2009
Kudryavka

Postby Pascalou » 26 Feb 2010, 06:33

Just a quick cheer for Joannie Rochette! Be strong girl! Canada is behind you what ever happens sweetheart!
Просто быстро развеселить для Джоанни Рошетт! Будьте сильными девочка! Канада позади вас, что когда-либо произойдет, милая!
▌♥ ▌GO JOANNIE GO!! ▌♥ ▌ :plush45:

To All of you dear Russians friends thank you so much for your support of Joannie!
Всем вам, дорогие русские друзья Большое вам спасибо за вашу поддержку Джоанни!

p.s. Canada has beaten USA in women hockey!! Eh eh eh eh eh!!!! :ya_hoo_oo:
Канада США избили женщин в хоккей! EH EH EH EH EH!! :ya_hoo_oo:
Pascalou

Postby Dassska » 26 Feb 2010, 07:11

Удачи нашим нашим девочкам))) пусть хорошо откатают
Нужно носить в себе ещё хаос, чтобы быть в состоянии родить танцующую звезду.
Ф.Ницше
Dassska

Postby Dassska » 26 Feb 2010, 07:19

Аленка умница :plush39: Молодец)))
Нужно носить в себе ещё хаос, чтобы быть в состоянии родить танцующую звезду.
Ф.Ницше
Dassska

Postby Belka » 26 Feb 2010, 07:23

На Аленку смотреть приятно. Большое будущее у девочки, если так и дальше пойдет. Глядишь - и претендентка на пьедестал к Сочам образуется :plush47:
Личность, местами творческая
Belka

PreviousNext

Return to Ванкувер 2010 || Vancouver 2010