Чемпионат Европы 2012 || European Championships 2012

Возвращение в спорт, тренировки, сборы, соревнования! || Comeback to sport, Training, Camps, Competitions

Re: Чемпионат Европы 2012 || European Championships 2012

Postby Hamlet » 01 Feb 2012, 06:12

Thanks for the upload of even more videos!
I did laugh at the small medal ceremony, especially when a girl asked Evgeni and Artur to marry her :-)
Hamlet

Postby dustman » 01 Feb 2012, 11:09

These users thanked the author dustman for the post (total 3):
lala630312 (05 Feb 2012, 21:46) • Таня (01 Feb 2012, 22:04) • MiLa (01 Feb 2012, 17:17)
Rating: 12.5%

dustman

Postby let`s talk » 01 Feb 2012, 11:50

cekoni wrote:... and this russian text?
http://evgeni-plushenko.com/forum/viewt ... 373#p65371 :mi_ga_et:

" I WON'T GIVE MY THRONE!"

-J: After you finished your LP you didn't go to the journalists for sometime: you were waiting when you opponents finished their programs. Were you worried that someone else can win?

-E: Well, at that moment the competition wasn't over yet. Naturally I wanted to watch it to the end. Surprises happen and that's a normal thing in sport. I wanted to be sure that I won. Then there would be something to talk about to press.

-J: From whom did you expect such surprises?

-E: A lot of strong skaters were skating after me: Javier Fernandez, Artur Gachinskiy, Michal Brezina, Florant Amodio. All these skaters have good programs, as well as quads, some of them can land even two. I didn't want to assume things faster that I should.

-J: Here in Sheffield, you repeatedly mentioned that in this tournament you had your own targets: to try yourself this season, check how the programs work and so on. The victory wasn't on the list. When you realized that the gold medal was so close, did you feel the forgotten excitement of a champion?

-E: Well, actually it was always with me. Before the championship, I was in a not bad shape, but ... The qualification round was incredibly tough. I had troubles with the spine and neck, so I had to have five injections per a day. These drugs affected my physical form, so the second half of the long program in qualification I could barely skate. I realized that if the situation won't change, it would be very hard to keep competing. Then before the SP the knee started hurting, I couldn't do quads at practice. And when I tried to land them, I couldn't go further. I needed a pause of 2-3- minutes to recover. But how could I do that at competitions? It was a disaster and some people in my team advised me to withdraw.

-J: How did they explain their reasons?

-E: I simply couldn't skate! Practice is one thing. You don't feel nervous, you can take a break whenever you want. But the competition is another matter. And then, let's be fair- I didn't want to lose. As a result, I made a tactical decision not to jump a quad in SP, and that was the right move. I think I skated SP quite well. Although it was clear that the program without a quad wasn't my usual level. Of course it turned me on that Artur won SP. But I also understood that his score of 0.09 over me even with the quad means that his general level is not yet the same. So, I should try to win even with the crazy pain. Thanks God that my meniscus wasn't blocked today. You know what "knee" means- it "clicks" and you can't "fix" the meniscus back. Thanks that it didn't happen. Because in fact I have two problems with the same leg: inflammation and meniscus. I was afraid that if I keep going for a qaud, I won't be able to skate to the end. But I could do that. Moreover, I was skating with great pleasure and I think I showed great emotions. I say it sincerely.

-J: You had two comebacks in your career: first in Europeans in Tallinn in 2010 and then here, in Sheffield. Can you compare these two titles?

-E: Well, the last one is of course much nicer. First, this championship was longer for me- I had to skate the qualification round. But it turned out that it was only for my best. Second,- injuries. Without them the things would have been much more pleasant. With them, every day I had to think to skate or to withdraw, would I be able to complete the program or not. I didn't have the confidence in myself that I was supposed to have. And yet I could make myself do it. You know, people twittered me a wonderful message: "Zhenya, don't give your throne to anyone!" And for all this week I was thinking about it. Well, in fact people wrote a lot of positive things, and no negative. The throne stayed mine (smile).

-J: There were a lot of talks that your presence alone scared the hell out of your rivals. Do you agree with that?

-E: I know my strength. I know that my opponents are afraid of me, so to speak. If you look through last seasons, at all events I was skating with quads. Of course here my rivals made a huge surprise, especially in SP. If they all skated clean and with quads, it would be much harder for me to medal. But everything is possible with the current judging system. Now it's a must for me to prove that I had good teachers. And of course the main one- Alexej Mishin, who brought me up as a skater, who was and is my coach.

-J: How was Mishin during all these difficult days?

-E: Of course he was worried. Alexej Nikolaevich was always with me, including during injections in my back. As if he felt it himself, as a father and a coach.

-J: Mishin said today that he had the feeling that here were two of his kids and one of them got ill.

- E: I believe he could say something like that. Mishin was always with me, when I won and when I lost. This support is very important and I am very grateful him for that. That's why we have been working together for 18 years. Who else has been working with his/her coach for such a long time? I don't know.

-J: You often mentioned that one of your targets here was to see how judges judge your programs. Looking at your scores, especially PCS, you must be very happy.

-E: I am happy with everything: my scores and the reaction of both the public and judges. I know that this was not the limit of my skills. I can do way more difficult things. But there is one "but"- I must be healthy. I should take the right approch in between-seasons. But before this season my timeline was- to skate one day, then deal with massage and injections for two days. If I skated for two days, I had to rest for 4 days. Or, like a month and a half after the operation, I did doubles and I couldn't land even a 3T. If someone goe by this way, it won't be possible to prepare well. When you are healthy, you can do more. When I was, I could do 3A-4T, 4T-4T, 4Lutz. I had the potential and now I want to move forward because I simply don't feel like a 29 year old guy!

-J: And how do you feel?

-E: As a 18 year old (laugh)! But I think the best age is when you are 21. The most important thing is to be healthy enough to do the job that I want to do. On February 21 I will have one more operation in Munich. I hope it will go well. Then- reabilitation, training, etc. It won't be easy for me to win next season. But I promise I'll do my best.

-J: Why won't it be easy?

-E: The guys' skating will be more difficult. That's why it won't be easy both physically and emotionally. It is much easier to catch up. But to stay on the top is hard.

-J: It's not a secret that many people are wondering why you keep doing all this? Now you have an opportunity to respond.

- E: (Irritatedly) And why do people live at all? Sport is my life. I love figure skating, the atmosphere of the competitions where I can feel adrenaline and the fight. Apparently I am not the guy who after taking a major title runs away in business and shows, as the majority of skaters do. Well, that is who I am! I want to change things, to prove that everything is possible. Nobody believed in my comeback after I won in Turin. Nobody thought that I would skate well and win all the competitions where I took part before the Vancouver, including the European Championship. Before Sheffield not a single person believed that I could succeed. (Pause) A lot of people don't like me, that's true. But I am who I am. I want to enter the history, to make something new in figure skating. If I do it, I'll be very proud of myself.

-J: Gachinsky won the short program, and he was fighting well in LP too. Have you changed your idea of him as of a junior teammate?

-E: Artur will always be my junior comrade due to his age and the number of won titles. He has developed his skills greatly. That would be a nonsense if it didn't happen, considering how much Mishin and his team work with Artur. It's a huge work of a number of people! Artur is a real fighter and he did his best. He did LP very well, landed two quads, still he felt a little tired at the end. But he is so young! 18 years old- his enire life is right there, ahead. I wish him good health and a real competitor's skills. He is my good future opponent. We took first two places at Europeans and that was wonderful.

-J: But is it really good for you that your competitor is in the same training group?

-E: Well, I think it's some kind fo necessity. I myself once had two mentors in my training group- Urmanov and Yagudin. Now Artur has things that I want to learn from him. That's really good and a great plus for me, in order not to get used to the throne!
plush48
Last edited by let`s talk on 02 Feb 2012, 16:23, edited 1 time in total.
"Осторожно! Фанатка ЕП и ДТ" (weir.ru about let`s talk)

These users thanked the author let`s talk for the post (total 4):
lala630312 (05 Feb 2012, 21:47) • whitebamboo (02 Feb 2012, 02:30) • MiLa (01 Feb 2012, 17:26) • simona (01 Feb 2012, 15:27)
Rating: 16.67%

let`s talk

Postby clairdelalune » 01 Feb 2012, 12:28

dimi wrote:Ant is a friend I met in England and he was a Plush critisizer for MANY YEARS, he never liked Plushenko although he had never seen him live. I alwAYS told him YOU NEED TO SEE PLUSHENKO LIVE TO UNDERSTAND . He is a skater himself and really expert on skating, he knows all rules and details of cop.
When people like Antony aknowledge the greatness of Evgeni, it is more than enough for me,he celebrated Plushy win like the biggest fan!
Also I ve been reading fsu and GS forums, you cant believe how many are blown away by Plush performance. Chan fans are worried :-)

Ant saw the platinum light and now he´s a believer. :co_ol: Miracles happen all the time so we´re waiting for Chan´s fans to join the club!!!! :a_g_a: Now they are living under the dark spell of Chan´s creepy eyes :ps_ih: but the platinum light is more powerful isn´t it????? :hi_hi_hi:
ImageImage
clairdelalune

Postby let`s talk » 01 Feb 2012, 14:01

dimi wrote:Ant is a friend I met in England and he was a Plush critisizer for MANY YEARS, he never liked Plushenko although he had never seen him live.

Таких много в Интернете. Живьём никогда не видели. Зато желчи... Годами, в многотысячных сообщениях... :plush34:

Ну хорошо, что хоть исправился. :plush45:
"Осторожно! Фанатка ЕП и ДТ" (weir.ru about let`s talk)
let`s talk

Postby simona » 01 Feb 2012, 15:50

:plush33: Thx girls 4 all vids pics info translations ecc! No vid of :ne_vi_del: Plush's Eurosport EX?

ImageImageImageImageImage

simona

Postby dimi » 01 Feb 2012, 16:19

let`s talk wrote:
dimi wrote:Ant is a friend I met in England and he was a Plush critisizer for MANY YEARS, he never liked Plushenko although he had never seen him live.

Таких много в Интернете. Живьём никогда не видели. Зато желчи... Годами, в многотысячных сообщениях... :plush34:

Ну хорошо, что хоть исправился. :plush45:

why do you speak in russian to me?> :smu:sche_nie:
dimi

Postby dimi » 01 Feb 2012, 16:21

http://winter.sport-express.ru/figuresk ... ews/19368/

- This title is for me the most delightful - said Plushenko. - This one, the seventh. As was the sixth, which I won in Tallinn (2010 European Championships - "SE"). That was when I came back to competitions after not skating for three years, and now it has been almost two. I am very pleased with my performance. I skated with power, with emotion, very clean. I did a clean quadruple jump, and that, of course, gave me energy, as well as triple Axel - triple toe loop combination. For me, to do them was very important. Today, I did everything very efficiently, properly distributed powers. I think, my spins were very decent. So I am very pleased with this European title. I made a little bit of history, and maybe more.

- Where did you find the strength to not only perform technically brilliant program, but show also so much emotion in your current condition?

- (Smiles) I love figure skating. I love to perform and compete. Thank God for giving me this talent - of a performer, if I may say so. This competition was very difficult. After qualifying round, short program was under question, I could still withdraw.

- Again, what is the current situation with your knee? And have you made the final decision that you won't go to the world championships?

- No, I will soon have surgery in Munich. Enough with the experiments. I'm still a human being, not a robot. To skate on injections is possible for some time, but now the medicines are not longer effective - the body got used to them. I don't have neither strength nor a desire to do something stronger than pills. I am not ready to destroy my body further. I want to live on and I want to skate at the main event, the Olympic Games in Sochi. So why force your body? Yes, this season I did a really good job. Of course, it would be very nice if after the Russian National championships and the European championships I could go to Worlds. But no, I'm not going there. I need surgery. And then to work, to go to the camps, make new programs.

My primary goal is to have a surgery and to recover, so nothing hurts. If nothing hurts, I can skate much better. I have many plans: new quad, spins, transitions. The aim is, as I said, to get on the podium in Sochi.

Here in Sheffield, I wasn't counting on some superskate and a gold medal. Truly. Because I saw my competitors in practice, and they were excellent, perfect. And after I could not do a quad in the short program, I expected to end up in fifth or sixth after the short. And such position makes it very hard to fight to win. But my competitors made me a surprise.

- Did it help that you skated before your main rivals?

- Yes, it was great. My dream was - just not to skate last, as it was in Vancouver at the last Russian National Championships. Again, thank God for giving me today such strength and courage.

- You said after the short program that you will not do a quad. But in the end you did.

- Why didn't I say? In the mixed zone I said that maybe I will not. And then at the press conference I said that maybe I will.

- When did you make this decision?

- Yesterday at the evening practice. What I did, I didn't do a quad right away, I started with a triple. It felt okay. Did another triple - okay. Then I tried quad - no sharp pain. Did a quad - it hurt, but a little bit. Then I thought that if it was going to be like that, then it's okay. Today at the practice I started again with a triple, and did a quad.

Arthur Gachinsky "Spins were a little bit off"

Arthur Gachinsky, who was in the lead after the short program with an 0,9 points margin over Plushenko, was pleased with his performance.

- I am very glad that the competition is over, because I was looking forward to this free program - said Gachinsky at a press conference. - I am glad that I skated well and for the first time in competitions I did two quads and two triple axels. Spins were a little off - there wasn't enough music in the end. There is still work to do, what to fix. All in all, I'm glad for this day in my life.

Alexei Mishin: "What Plushenko and Gachinsky did, deserves all the best words"

After the men's free skate, prominent Russian coach Alexei Mishin was busy accepting congratulations.

- Please evaluate Plushenko's performance today and at this championship in a whole.

- You know, I have mixed feelings about this victory. It is mostly about Zhenya. First of all, when a person is planning a comeback to the sport, there is so much to overcome. And such a position deserves respect and admiration. Now he gets them, because he won. But even if he did not win, then this position still should have been at least respected. I would like to address this words to those people who talked about his comeback with viper skepticism. I tried to convince them otherwise, saying that he now works as he never did in his whole life. I wish the comebacks in figure skating and in other sports did not cause such malevolent responses.

When we came to the European Championships, the pairs, ice dancers, ladies were considered likely candidates to win. Men were treated almost like outsiders. But if we analyze other events, there were no labors of Hercules. In European and world figure skating, the highest level of competition and the highest artistic value is in men singles. So what Plushenko and Gachinsky did, deserves all the best words. By the way, I consider it necessary to mention Sergei Voronov's name. Today he was only 10th, but showed a very high level of skating and skated very well.

- It seems that this European Championship was so hard for you that you don't have any strength left to enjoy.

- I really don't. Today, the skaters made many mistakes, but I should say, it wasn't by chance. They saw Zhenya skating in the qualifying round with half the effort, what he and Artur did in the short program. And they wavered, let's be honest. Our athletes went full force, and the competitors started making mistakes. Although these are all elite figure skaters: Amodio, Fernandez, Verner, Březina. So to beat such athletes is especially important and especially valuable.

- Please tell us a few words about Artur Gachinsky's performance.

- Artur showed perhaps the most complex technical program for his physical abilities. I am very glad to have such stallion in my stable. I think we'll go a long way with him.

- Artur, unlike Evgeni, is going to the World championships. Do you plan to somehow enhance its programs?

- It's not his programs that need enhancing but he himself. Artur just don't have enough strength for such complex programs. I think it's the most difficult technically program in men's figure skating at this moment.

- You mean physically?

- Yes.

These users thanked the author dimi for the post:
lala630312 (25 Feb 2012, 00:02)
Rating: 4.17%

dimi

Postby dimi » 01 Feb 2012, 16:23

http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/figur/2409.html

Morosov
...Morozov is the most spread coach in figure skating. He coaches and choreographes for all 4 cathegories. Morozov sums up the Europeans for the Team Russia 2014.

TR: What was the main event of the Europeans?
NM: Pluschenko's gold. I'm overwhelmed with his skating! In the Lp he showed the level that no one could this season, not even the Canadian Patrick Chan. Many say Pluschenko's components were too high, but I would give him even higher marks! He has the charisma that a true champion must have....

These users thanked the author dimi for the post (total 2):
Plushed (02 Feb 2012, 13:42) • simona (01 Feb 2012, 17:40)
Rating: 8.33%

dimi

Postby dustman » 01 Feb 2012, 16:43

Медведев: РФ создаст все условия для подготовки фигуристов к ОИ-2014
http://sport.ria.ru/figure_skating/2012 ... 20454.html

http://visualrian.ru/ru/site/search/?q= ... %5D=russia

News video :ya_hoo_oo:
EC2012 team Russia news 0201 with president + Evgeni Plushenko interview
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V55T708SVos

These users thanked the author dustman for the post (total 7):
lala630312 (05 Feb 2012, 22:01) • Plushed (02 Feb 2012, 13:44) • Жюли (02 Feb 2012, 03:37) • Таня (01 Feb 2012, 22:05) • Ирина (01 Feb 2012, 19:42) • simona (01 Feb 2012, 17:41) • MiLa (01 Feb 2012, 17:05)
Rating: 29.17%

dustman

PreviousNext

Return to СОРЕВНОВАНИЯ || COMPETITIONS 2009-2015