Плющенко - на разных языках || Evgeni's name in more langs

Любим! Надеемся! Верим!
We love you! We believe in you!

Плющенко - на разных языках || Evgeni's name in more langs

Postby Ирина » 02 Jul 2011, 13:12

Написание ФИО Евгения Плющенко на разных языках (Evgeni's name and surname in different languages)
Очень удобно.Помогает в поиске информации о Жене ... :plush45:

Добавляем,кто ещё что знает (add, if you know another language)

http://emm.newsexplorer.eu/NewsExplorer ... 28833.html

Евгений Викторович Плющенко (ru)
Evgeni Plushenko (Eu,tr)
Yevgeny Plushenko (en,nl)
Jewgeni Pluschenko, Jewgeni Wiktorowitsch Pljuschtschenko (de)
Evgueni Plushenko, Evegueni Plushenko, Evguéni Plouchenko (fr)
Evgheni Pluşenko (ro)
エフゲニー・プルシェンコ (ja)
叶甫根尼·普鲁申科 (zh)
예브게니 플루셴코 (ko)
Evgenij Plushenko, Evgheny Plushenko, Evgenij Viktorovič Pljuščenko (it)
Εβγκένι Πλιούσενκο (el)
Jevgeni Pljuštšenko (fi)
Jevgenij Plusjenko (da,sv)
Jevgenij Pljusjtsjenko (no)
Jevgeni Ploesjenko (nl)
Yevgeni Pliúshchenko, Jevgeni Pljuštšenko (es)
Jevgenij Viktorovič Pľuščenko (sk)
Jevgenij Pljuščenko (cs)
Евгений Плюшченко (bg)
Jevgenij Plušenko (sl)
Evgeni Pluşenko (tr)
Jevgenyíj Viktorovics Pljuscsenkó (hu)
Євген Вікторович Плющенко (uk)
Jewgienij Pluszczenko (pl)
Јевгениј Плушенко, Jevgenije Plušenko, Pluščenko (sr)
..."Российский фигурист Евгений Плющенко добился уникального достижения. Он выступил на четвертых Олимпийских играх - и выиграл четвертую медаль,став двукратным олимпийским чемпионом! "...
Ирина
Администратор

Re: Плющенко - на разных языках || Evgeni's name in more lan

Postby let`s talk » 05 Jul 2011, 18:38

Ирина wrote:Евгений Викторович Плющенко (ru)
Evgeni Plushenko (Eu,tr)

I always find it strange. The 4th letter in his last name was and is never romanized as "sh." It should be "shch." But everywhere on ISU he goes with "sh." I wonder how his last name is officially written in his passport. No GOST ever wrote/writes the 27th letter of the Russian alphabet as "sh." The "sh" stands for the 26th letter.
My guess is the combination of "shch" is too difficult for English speakers, so they switched into "sh." But as I already said the "sh" means the 26th letter and a completely different pronunciation of his last name. :plush34:
"Осторожно! Фанатка ЕП и ДТ" (weir.ru about let`s talk)
let`s talk

Postby clairdelalune » 05 Jul 2011, 19:26

let`s talk wrote:
Evgeni Plushenko (Eu,tr)

I always find it strange. The 4th letter in his last name was and is never romanized as "sh." It should be "shch." But everywhere on ISU he goes with "sh." I wonder how his last name is officially written in his passport. No GOST ever wrote/writes the 27th letter of the Russian alphabet as "sh." The "sh" stands for the 26th letter.
My guess is the combination of "shch" is too difficult for English speakers, so they switched into "sh." But as I already said the "sh" means the 26th letter and a completely different pronunciation of his last name. :plush34:

Yes, you´re right, that´s because people who aren´t Russian speakers can´t make a distinction between sh and shch. Some languages don´t even have "sh" sound and those which have it have only one type, hard or soft. If they write it Plushchenko they would pronunce it as "sh" + "ch" (Ш+Ч) not "shch" (Щ).
My English is not very good, I hope you understand what I mean. :smu:sche_nie:
ImageImage
clairdelalune

Postby cekoni » 06 Jul 2011, 08:36

"sh" + "ch" (Ш+Ч) not "shch" (Щ)

In serbian language, we have 2 kind of letters for "ch": hard (Č, Ч) and soft (Ć, Ћ).
Softer "ch" (Ć) is closer to russian pronunciation: Щ=ŠĆ :-):

But do not forget and "Ю" (YU) after "L" :mi_ga_et: ... so: Pljushchenko, or Plyushchenko, or Pliushchenko :hi_hi_hi:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yu_%28Cyrillic%29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shcha
cekoni
Administrator

Postby clairdelalune » 06 Jul 2011, 10:16

cekoni wrote:
"sh" + "ch" (Ш+Ч) not "shch" (Щ)

In serbian language, we have 2 kind of letters for "ch": hard (Č, Ч) and soft (Ć, Ћ).
Softer "ch" (Ć) is closer to russian pronunciation: Щ=ŠĆ :-):

But do not forget and "Ю" (YU) after "L" :mi_ga_et: ... so: Pljushchenko, or Plyushchenko, or Pliushchenko :hi_hi_hi:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yu_%28Cyrillic%29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shcha

Oh, thanks Cekoni, that´s very interesting, I knew Serbian had a hard and a soft "ch" but I didn´t know soft CH is close to Щ. :plush45: :co_ol:
ImageImage
clairdelalune

Postby let`s talk » 06 Jul 2011, 18:26

clairdelalune wrote:
let`s talk wrote:
Evgeni Plushenko (Eu,tr)

Yes, you´re right, that´s because people who aren´t Russian speakers can´t make a distinction between sh and shch. Some languages don´t even have "sh" sound and those which have it have only one type, hard or soft. If they write it Plushchenko they would pronunce it as "sh" + "ch" (Ш+Ч) not "shch" (Щ).
My English is not very good, I hope you understand what I mean. :smu:sche_nie:

Yeah, it's like Russians (except professionals) would never pronounce the English sound /th/ correctly in surnames. It will be always the Russian sound /t/. The same goes about any language. That's normal.

What I find unusual is that officially on ISU Plushenko was Plushenko from the start, when he was 13yo. I was under the impression that ISU treats skaters' names exactly as they are written in their passports. On what else ground should they treat them? But neither the 27th letter of the Russian alphabet, nor 32nd (oh, I completely forgot about "iu" !) were or are romanized in passports as "sh" and "u" accordingly. That's why I am curious how his name is written in his passport. I am more than sure it was and is "Plyushchenko" (or "Pliushchenko" after 2010 if Zhenya agreed/agrees with this new way of writing). I couldn't find any explanation why Lyudmila Pakhomova on ISU was with "yu" but Plushenko with "u". It looks like the ISU guys knew in advance that that 13yo boy will need to have an internationally friendlier way of writing of his last name due to his popularity? :ya_hoo_oo:

Btw, you can reply in Russian to me. I am Russian myself. I just live abroad and here I don't have a keybord with the Russian letters. So, I type in English. But it's not my first language, Even not the second. :smu:sche_nie:
let`s talk

Postby clairdelalune » 06 Jul 2011, 18:45

let`s talk wrote: It looks like the ISU guys knew in advance that that 13yo boy will need to have an internationally friendlier way of writing of his last name due to his popularity? :ya_hoo_oo:

:a_g_a: :hi_hi_hi:

let`s talk wrote:Btw, you can reply in Russian to me. I am Russian myself. I just live abroad and here I don't have a keybord with the Russian letters. So, I type in English. But it's not my first language, Even not the second. :smu:sche_nie:

I can´t reply to you in Russian because I don´t speak Russian, only a few words :smu:sche_nie: :-):
ImageImage
clairdelalune

Postby cekoni » 07 Jul 2011, 03:53

clairdelalune wrote:... bur I didn´t know soft CH is close to Щ. :plush45: :co_ol:

Š+Ć (SH+CH) = Щ :mi_ga_et:

let`s talk wrote:... That's why I am curious how his name is written in his passport. I am more than sure it was and is "Plyushchenko" (or "Pliushchenko" after 2010 if Zhenya agreed/agrees with this new way of writing).

I look in my passport now, and there is all our "specific" letters (in Latin alphabet), only on the edge is engraved name without any "hooks" in the letters.... so, according to this - his name on passport is: PLUSENKO ... or PLUSHENKO ... maybe :plush38: :hi_hi_hi:

let`s talk wrote:It looks like the ISU guys knew in advance that that 13yo boy will need to have an internationally friendlier way of writing of his last name due to his popularity? :ya_hoo_oo:

You always find such wonderful "resolution" :son-ce: - thanks! :plush45:

let`s talk wrote:... I am Russian myself. I just live abroad and here I don't have a keybord with the Russian letters. So, I type in English. ....

Interesting, why you this dont said earlier? :-) So, you could help us with some translations of Russian texts? :mi_ga_et: :plush39:
cekoni
Administrator

Postby let`s talk » 08 Jul 2011, 18:55

clairdelalune wrote:I can´t reply to you in Russian because I don´t speak Russian, only a few words :smu:sche_nie: :-):

Oooppss... I assumed you are a Russian speaker, or studied the language, since you were talking stuff about the details of the Russian ABC. Silly of me. :smu:sche_nie:
let`s talk

Postby let`s talk » 08 Jul 2011, 19:18

cekoni wrote:I look in my passport now, and there is all our "specific" letters (in Latin alphabet), only on the edge is engraved name without any "hooks" in the letters.... so, according to this - his name on passport is: PLUSENKO ... or PLUSHENKO ... maybe :plush38: :hi_hi_hi:

I have no idea how the Serbian government issues passports and write names there. But Russian officials have to follow the mandatory GOST, which stands for "state standards" in Russian. The GOST is a part of the administartive law and a must in apply. GOST, like any law, can change (but the citizen can request to keep writing his name as it was previously transliterated). In the current GOST, valid from 2010, the 27th letter is transliterated as "shch", the 32th letter as "iu." In the previous GOST it was "shch" and "yu" accordingly. Never "sh", and never "u." Unless some official originally messed up and issued a 12yo Zhenya his first passport with the wrongly transliterated surname, ISU has no excuses and have to admit that they made an exception for a 13yo boy- they used his name in a different way, an easier one for the international audience, than the one written in his passport. :co_ol:
Interesting, why you this dont said earlier? :-) So, you could help us with some translations of Russian texts? :mi_ga_et: :plush39:

:smu:sche_nie: Probably till now there wasn't any reason to specifically mention it. Not that it was a big secret. Two other admins knew what and who I am. Those who I met in Moscow and who helped me with the tickets for the Worlds after I failed to buy them from Japan.
And yeah, of course I can translate Russian articles. But warning! My English sucks. For chatting it's fine. For translating something more serious I sound slightly better than an online translator. :plush27:
let`s talk

Next

Return to Всё о Жене || Everything about Evgeni