Russian news translated into English

Любим! Надеемся! Верим!
We love you! We believe in you!

Re: Evgeni ON Ice - Russian newspapers translated into Engli

Postby sosol » 30 Apr 2010, 06:25

Thank you for these texts, Cekoni!! I was sad to hear about the "uncle" story...good thing now he's called properly :) As the boy grows up, no matter what people have told him about Evgeni, he'll realize by himself how things really are...

Now, I'm crossing my fingers for the "magical doctors" to "fix" him :)
"He moved with grace, he entertained so naturally, no gesture out of place
His road in life was clearly drawn, he didn't hesitate
He played, they saw, he conquered as the master of his fate" - The Golden Boy - Freddie Mercury

Don't know Andre Matos? http://andre-coelho-matos.spaces.live.com
My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/solangeag1
sosol

Re: Russian news translated into English

Postby cekoni » 01 May 2010, 09:55

http://www.sports.ru/others/figure-skat ... 27726.html

Quintuple in figure skating is just a question of time

Olympic champion Evgeni Plushenko thinks that Quints in figure skating is a question of time, though admits he’s not able to jump it.

“Considering my age and collection of injures I won’t master a quintuple jump. Though I’m sure: no one of my rivals is able to do it either today. However, I believe that quintuple jump is just a question of time. The scientists don’t cease to invent something new. Hope that soon figure skaters will have better, light-weight skates.

Humanity doesn’t stand still. I look at my son, who is under 4 years, I see how he plays football, rides a bike, and realize that modern children are faster and stronger than we were. Without a doubt, it’s them who will make sensational breakthroughs in the sport tomorrow.”
cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 13 May 2010, 17:41

http://www.zaks.ru/new/archive/view/69006

Matvienko: Evgeni Plushenko's medal is with a golden reflux, it is worth a lot :plush45:

Valentina Matvienko said that the Petersburg school of figure skating is famous for its traditions and achievements. "Today, in the Olympic combined team of Russia, from St. Petersburg has 25 athletes. One of our winning on the Olympics in Vancouver is a silver medal of Evgeni Plushenko. But that medal with a golden reflux, it is worth a lot," - said Valentina Matvienko.
Matvienko assured that the city government will do everything to the athletes and coaches were all the conditions for practicing figure skating....

-----------------------------------------------

http://interfax.by/article/65134

Plushenko has promised to be ready for the Games in Sochi

Olympic champion in figure skating, silver medalist from Vancouver Evgeni Plushenko promised to be fully prepared for the Games in Sochi in 2014.

"I would be ready", - said E. Plushenko on Wednesday, at a meeting with St. Petersburg's Governor Valentina Matvienko.

In turn, the honored trainer of Russian figure skating Alexei Mishin told "Interfax" that the preparation of Plushenko goes according to plan.

"Now we are working to "repair techniques" - in figure skating is such called the work on the feet, knees and spin", - said A. Mishin.

Matvienko on Wednesday, at a meeting with the skaters and their coaches, stressed the importance of high results of representatives of the "St. Petersburg's school" in Sochi in 2014.

"The Olympics in Vancouver did not produce the desired results, so we need to do a professional analysis of errors and find out what we need to take to Sochi, that will St. Petersburg worthily performed", - said V. Matvienko.

In response to a promise, to be ready for the Games in Sochi from E. Plushenko, V. Matvienko said: "All your time must now go only to the preparation, Evgeni." (give him a money, not nice phrases! :bra_vo: ::yaz-yk:)

Honored figure skating coach Oleg Vasiliev assured the governor, that St. Petersburg will be competitive capable in the tournament in Sochi.
"Three pairs of athletes preparing for me, three couples have Moskvina (honored coach Tamara Moskvina - IF). "We can compete not only with Moscow, than also and with the whole world "- encouraged by O. Vasiliev.

Alexander Smirnov, who took on the games in Vancouver 4 th place in a pair with Yuko Kavaguti, promised the governor that the St. Petersburg athletes perform in Sochi "on the highest grade".

------------------------------------------------

http://www.nevasport.ru/news.php?id=33631

The governor of St. Petersburg awarded skaters

On Wednesday 12 May at the Academy of Figure Skating, St. Petersburg's Governor Valentina Matvienko held a rewarding St. Petersburg's skaters and coaches who showed the best sporting results in 2009/2010 season....
Valentina Matvienko promised that the city government for its part will do everything possible to improve the financial security of athletes and coaches of the Northern capital.
Vyacheslav Chazov noted that already in the next season 2010/2011 years provided an increasing scholarships for best figure skaters in the city (the size of scholarships will be from 30.000 to 50.000 rubles per month) and supplements to wages trainer (25.000 rubles per month)...

At the end of the meeting, Prize of the City Government were awarded to heroes of the Olympic season - European champion and Olympic silver medalist in Vancouver, Evgeni Plushenko and his coach Alexei Mishin ..... Yuko Kavaguti-Alexander Smirnov and their coach Tamara Moskvina, Maria Mukhortova and coach Oleg Vasiliev, Ksenia Stolbova-Fedor Klimov and their coach Ludmila Velikova, Paulina Agafonova and her coach Tatiana Kositsina, Arthur Gachinsky (his coach - Alexei Mishin), Alena Leonova and her coach Alle Pyatov. Vyacheslav Chazov also presented a certificate of assignment of a sports title "master of sports of international class" to Yuko Kavaguti, Alexander Smirnov and Alena Leonova. A St. Petersburg's Governor Valentina Matvienko said that Yuko is the only one Japanese woman, who has that title.

cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 15 May 2010, 18:43

cekoni wrote:....
http://www.nevasport.ru/news.php?id=33631

The governor of St. Petersburg awarded skaters

At the end of the meeting, Prize of the City Government were awarded to heroes of the Olympic season - European champion and Olympic silver medalist in Vancouver, Evgeni Plushenko and his coach Alexei Mishin ........

... more pics here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=145&start=110#p28101 :mi_ga_et:
cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 15 May 2010, 18:46

http://www.gazeta.spb.ru/315668-0/

Plushenko was invited to a presentation of "People's" Medal by SMS

The next delivery date of "People's" medals for Evgeni Plushenko is scheduled for May 16 at the time of the championship "Young cheerleader" in St. Petersburg

Athlete sent SMS message with a proposal to give him the people's medal, saying that at the event him will welcome 400 Cheerleaders and 1,5 thousands of fans, reports the St. Peterburg.ru.

------------------------------------------

:du_ma_et: It's interesting, how they use every opportunity to promote this "cheerleaders" :plush38: :kli_ny: .... why they does not deliver him this medal on "his field" - in "Yubileyniy", on ice...? :ne_vi_del:
cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 16 May 2010, 20:54

Part from interview of Johnny Weir to russian newspaper about Plushy... :plush45:

http://www.vppress.ru/tops/djonni-veyr- ... sskim-7424

Evgeni Plushenko - special case :hi_hi_hi:

- On your official website it says, that you are so busy, that you can not afford a relationship with any girl ...
- Yes, I'm too busy. There's enough time, only to have to call in the evening to my mother. I think it is unfair - to tie a close relationship with a someone, if you can not give him much time. Even in relation to the dog, it would be unfair.

- But Evgeni Plushenko managed somehow to solve this problem. You do not consult with him?
- No. But the case of Plushenko is - special. His Yana - it's just a miracle, because she not require attention, than she gives him to Zhenya's. I adore her. Since it is so pleasant to communicate wth her. We used to talk about fashion, about music, television - in short, about everything....

:-)
cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 20 May 2010, 01:31

Вера wrote:http://www.nevasport.ru/news.php?id=33667
Дата вручения «народной» медали Плющенко вновь перенесена....

"People's" gold medal, which was imagined to be delivered May 16 to Plushy's, (again in some local contest of cheerleaders :kli_ny: ) was postponed again because Plushy did not confirm his the arrival :plush34:

-----------------------

:du_ma_et: As far as I understand, while they do not realize that they do not need to use each opportunity to advertise themselves :plush43: - until then and Plushy will not appear to receive the medal! ::yaz-yk:
.... in that I support him absolutely! :plush41: :bra_vo:
cekoni
Administrator

Postby dimi » 20 May 2010, 01:59

if they took the initial to gather people and make the medal, i dont see anything bad, at the end if he doesnt go the are going to accuse him ...

I m in a mess these days, there is might be a possibility my work stops here and might go back to greece in a month.
dimi

Postby cekoni » 20 May 2010, 02:13

dimi wrote:I m in a mess these days, there is might be a possibility my work stops here and might go back to greece in a month.

Oh, because of the crisis in Greece? :du_ma_et: I hope that all will be well on the end, Dimi :plush36: :ki_ss:
cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 29 May 2010, 21:59

http://www.tv100.ru/video/view/32105/

Evgeni Plushenko is back!

Evgeni Plushenko is back on the ice and began preparations for the new season. However, with the press, Turin Olympics champion now flatly refuses to communicate. Today in the training of "Yubileyni" Evgeni asked from camera crew did not shoot his training, and not ask any questions.

His coach Alexei Mishin was more polite. He told that some ideas for the short and long program already exists, but the details did not want to disclose. Plushenko's unwillingness to communicate with the press, according to our information, due to the conflict situation of the athlete with the city and the National Federation of figure skating. Apple of discord - the money to prepare for the season.

Alexei Mishin, the honored trainer of the USSR and the Russian Figure Skating:

"It will also depend and on the leaders, how can provide training at the appropriate level, which should correspond to such an athlete. Let's take Ovechkin, we say to him: "You will now stopped playing in the NHL, prepare for the Olympics, and then you'll compete in Sochi"... so there are many questions on which should to be given answers, which Zhenya reasonable ask.

VIDEO (shortly Plushy on beginning): :mi_ga_et: http://www.tv100.ru/video/view/32105/

Finger again in action! :-)

cekoni
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Всё о Жене || Everything about Evgeni