Пресса, интервью|| Press about Evgeni ON Ice

Любим! Надеемся! Верим!
We love you! We believe in you!

Re: Пресса о Жене, интервью Жени || Press about Evgeni ON Ic

Postby lala630312 » 30 Aug 2013, 23:09

I already wanted to post this here, but maybe i forgot it: A FSU poster Cherub wrote:

"He should have a backup plan if he misses CoR. Someone said in the other forum that he needs to achieve the mininum score again. The one from 2012 is too old. He can make the Olympic score at Euros, but he needs to make the Euros score at an international. Please Plush and Mishin be on top of the rules this year..."

Who understand it? Is he right? I hope everything going well, he can skate at COR. :plush47:
lala630312

Postby whitebamboo » 31 Aug 2013, 05:05

lala630312 wrote:I already wanted to post this here, but maybe i forgot it: A FSU poster Cherub wrote:

"He should have a backup plan if he misses CoR. Someone said in the other forum that he needs to achieve the mininum score again. The one from 2012 is too old. He can make the Olympic score at Euros, but he needs to make the Euros score at an international. Please Plush and Mishin be on top of the rules this year..."

Who understand it? Is he right? I hope everything going well, he can skate at COR. :plush47:

If I understand things correctly, a skater needs minimum TES scores for SP and LP in order to enter top international competitions (I think European Championships, 4CC, Worlds and Olympics). These scores needs to be achieved in a previous ISU international competition either during the same season, or the one immediately before. Remember that Evgeni needed a special permit from the ISU in order to go to Sheffield? That was because he didn't have the minimum TES required, since he didn't compete in the season before (10/11), and the Euros was the first international competition for him that season. Last season, the only international competition he was in was the Euros in Zagreb (and that was OK since he had the scores from the Sheffield Euros), and I think he got enough TES for the SP, but he did not skate the LP (which has a separate requirement).

Therefore, Evgeni does not have any usable minimum TES as of right now. In order to go to Sochi, he needs to skate at least one international competition before it, in order to get the minimum TES score for the Olympics. But he cannot only do the Euros, because that itself needs its own minimum TES requirement. This is why COR (which does not require miminum TES) is needed. The minimum TES for SP and LP themselves aren't difficult to achieve (I don't remember what they are exactly this year, though), and if Evgeni's state is anywhere remotely near his normal level, it would not be a problem. If he goes to some minor competition before COR (such as Finlandia or Coupe de Nice as he suggested as possible before), that would also solve the problem, but given the state of Evgeni's injuries, it sounds like they've decided against this. So it sounds like the plan now is to go to COR and get those scores. If he misses COR somehow, that would be a problem, but I think there are still some minor competitions he can enter in an emergency, but the timing will be tight (with Russian Nationals), but frankly in that case I think his health condition would be a far greater and more fundamental worry. (All this, of course, is excluding the possibility of special permission, similarly as for Sheffield.)

So I guess, the poster was right that Evgeni and Mishin should have a back-up plan if he cannot go to COR, but I am also fairly certain that they have considered the contingencies. I don't quite understand what the poster means by "on top of the rules this year" (though I do appreciate the positive hope). It always rather confuses me why so many people seem to think that Evgeni and Mishin, who have been top professionals for so many years in figure skating, do not understand the rules...
Last edited by whitebamboo on 31 Aug 2013, 13:23, edited 2 times in total.

These users thanked the author whitebamboo for the post:
lala630312 (31 Aug 2013, 16:11)
Rating: 4.17%

whitebamboo

Postby whitebamboo » 31 Aug 2013, 05:19

By the way, I don't know if it is okay to post a link to something I myself wrote, but I threw together a small preliminary essay about the idea of Evgeni's new LP, since so many skating fans seem to be skeptical or negative about it:

http://plushenkology.tumblr.com/post/59808875786/the-new-lp-in-concept-a-hypothetical-exercise

(It repeats some of the thoughts that I've been going on about in my post here the last few days. It has been really helpful to discuss things here :plush45: )

These users thanked the author whitebamboo for the post (total 2):
lala630312 (31 Aug 2013, 16:13) • cekoni (31 Aug 2013, 06:47)
Rating: 8.33%

whitebamboo

Postby Дарина » 31 Aug 2013, 15:08

Вера wrote:Если программа будет заканчиваться Танго аморе, то в этом есть некий вызов :plush41: :plush17: :du_el:

Интервью полностью:
http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/figur/11164.html

Евгений Плющенко: надеюсь и верю, что подлечусь, наберу форму – и смогу достойно завершить карьеру на домашней Олимпиаде!

Evgeni Plushenko: I hope and believe that I’ll recover, get in good shape and manage to end my career with dignity at home Olympics!

- In general, the preparation for the season is going well - said Evgenі Plushenko. - I'm recovering from my old injury, after the back surgery. I have already practiced quadruples. Now we complete work on my short program. It is set to very soulful, melodic music of the band "Okean Elzy" from the film "We Are From the Future". The idea of my new long program belongs to my coach Alexei Mishin - said Evgeni Plushenko. - It will be a medley of my best programs of previous years - from "The Godfather," Albinoni's "Adagio", "Tosca", "Tango Amore". This is new solution - in figure skating no one did it. I'm a brave athlete, and I can afford to introduce in figure skating something new. If all goes well, the Olympic Games in Sochi will be my last event. And every fan of figure skating, every my fan will see "his Plushenko": 18-year-old boy, 19-year-old, 25-year-old, and finally, today's Plushenko. We thought that this would be an unusual move and effective end of my career.

- Is it easier to prepare such a program? After all, you did it earlier.
- On the contrary - even more difficult. We are doing everything new! And it's important to get at least no worse than it was - in my best programs. But it's even more interesting. Naturally, we modify, invent, and insert new elements. One can not simply add up parts of all programs, all the pieces of choreography, which I once performed - and get a new program. It's just not possible! Figure skating is going forward in terms of transitions, glide, spins. And I have to be in step with it (smiles).

- Are you going to show this program at the test skating in Sochi?
- I have a little misfire now with my leg. Nothing serious –just old injury, twisted a little, so I need to take a short break. I do not rule out that I will speak at the test skating not at full strength, and maybe even will not skate there. We’ll see, it depends on my health, I still have time to make a final decision. For me it is already a record that I recovered after the surgery on my spine.

- Now your back does not bother you?
- It bothers, of course. Because of this, my participation in test skating is questioned. Now we have started to work out complex elements, jumps, I did quadruple toe loop, so I need to take care about my back. Of course back still bothers, but not as bad as during the early stages of preparation - at the training camp in Italy and Estonia. There it hurt very badly. Now everything is stabilized, but the problem did not go away completely. Two days ago, we talked with Deputy Sports Minister Yuriy Dmitrievich Nagornykh in Sochi and agreed about a serious medical support. I have really huge desire to practice and skate. As Alexei Nikolaevich Mishin said: «Плющенко еще не искатался…» («Plushenko hasn't been exhausted, tired of skating yet» or «hasn’t reached his limit») And I myself feel – I can. The main thing is to heal all the sores finally. My back injury is the only thing that can prevent me from achieving a good result at Sochi Olympics.

- How, by the way, Sochi has changed in six months - since you won here your 10th anniversary Russian Nationals?
- A tremendous job has been done! I see it every day, coming for practice and skating in the "Iceberg" Ice Palace. Everything is very well thought out. Let’s hope it all will work after Olympics. Just a few days ago, I visited the skating center "Adler-Arena"– and I was amazed how well and smartly everything is made. Huge funds are invested - financial, human. The main thing - that they should pay off and bring people benefit.

- Talking to Yuriy Nagornykh you were actively interested in the future of the Olympic venues after the Games.
- Well, I'm a patriot of my homeland! I did not go to compete for another country, though at the time I was offered to move to the U.S. In addition, figure skating - it's just one of my interests in life. Many of my friends are athletes and we wonder what kind of future awaits our sports. There was information that many of the objects after the Olympics will be disassembled and transported to other regions. This is wrong. It’s necessary to open the schools of hockey, figure skating, speed skating, short track, curling in Sochi, to attract professionals who are a huge number in our big country. Give them the opportunity to express themselves here, otherwise they will go abroad and train our own rivals. There is a perfect combination in Sochi - air, sea, high mountains and winter sports facilities. I, for example, after my training always go to the sea - to swim. And I feel amazing rehabilitation! There are great possibilities for the preparation and recovery here. One can do general physical training in Krasnaya Polyana and after 40 minutes by car - can go out on the ice in the amazing Sport Palace. This is a gold mine, a unique opportunity. I'm sure: if everything remains in Sochi, 15-20 years after the Olympic Games in the Russian national team will be the natives of this city, who will represent our country at the world's biggest competitions in figure skating and other winter sports.

- In your opinion, Sochi can become the Russian center of winter sports?
- Not just Sochi, the entire region. For example, we go to train abroad - to Italy, to the mountains, but only because there are no such conditions in Russia. So why we shouldn’t build training center for winter sports in Kislovodsk? It is 1270 m above sea level! I spend my summer training in Kislovodsk. If an ice rink should be built, hockey players, skaters, representatives of other ice sports will train there in winter. And the money will be invested in our country, and do not leak abroad as it is now. And no one would oversee our secrets.

- Zhenya, what are your plans for the upcoming season? Provided that you will soon be able to heal all injuries.
- I'd like to compete at the ISU Grand Prix event in Moscow. If everything goes right there I will compete at the Russian national championships, at the European championships and at the Olympics.These are the same events I had in my schedule before the Vancouver 2010 Olympics. I do not want to change anything – this is my experience, my knowledge. I don’t need more competitions to prepare the best possible way for the main event. Two –three – are completely enough.

- Do you take into account in your preparation, that, except for individual competitions, there will be team tournament at the Olympic Games in Sochi?Russia has only one spot in men's.
- Of course, I take it into account. Instead of two starts (competition programs) in Sochi will be - four. For nine days. This is a serious load. If the recovery goes well, I will be able to skate four times, and even more. But if for some reason I feel that I could not do it –I will report this in advance, and then the youth will be in Sochi. I do not want to let the Russian national team down, I won’t prevent the young athletes, and I’m not going to skate badly. I repeat: a relapse of my back injury is the only thing that can prevent me from speaking at the Olympics. I have had many operations - knees, groin injury, achilles, hands... None of that bothers me now. Still after the 12th operation - on the back - I have not yet fully recovered. But I hope and believe that I’ll recover, get in good shape and manage to end my career with dignity at home Olympics!
М. Плисецкая: "Пожалуй, Плющенко похож на Годунова. Тоже высокий, статный, эффектный, уверен в себе. Да и эти длинные развевающиеся на ветру и в пируэтах белые волосы. Такой же тип. И темперамент у него есть, и артистизм."

These users thanked the author Дарина for the post (total 6):
bigeyegugu (02 Sep 2013, 17:09) • lovplush (01 Sep 2013, 14:24) • whitebamboo (31 Aug 2013, 18:14) • cekoni (31 Aug 2013, 16:26) • lala630312 (31 Aug 2013, 16:09) • Sakura (31 Aug 2013, 16:07)
Rating: 25%

Дарина

Postby lala630312 » 31 Aug 2013, 16:09

Дарина wrote:
Вера wrote:...
Интервью полностью:
http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/figur/11164.html

Евгений Плющенко: надеюсь и верю, что подлечусь, наберу форму – и смогу достойно завершить карьеру на домашней Олимпиаде!

Evgeni Plushenko: I hope and believe that I’ll recover, get in good shape and manage to end my career with dignity at home Olympics!

Thank you Darina! :plush39: :plush39: :plush39:
lala630312

Postby cekoni » 31 Aug 2013, 16:28

Many thanks Darina! :ki_ss:
cekoni
Administrator

Postby caseddy » 01 Sep 2013, 04:20

clairdelalune wrote:
cekoni wrote:
clairdelalune wrote:... I believe we should ignore them and stop asking ourselves, what would haters say if Plushy this or that...

I really can not stop to attempt to protect him from any "potential" danger :plush44:

Now I remembered and" harmless" part of Plushy's "interview" (in fact, parts from his press conference for one show in Prague before the Olympics) where one, also "nice" journalist wrote that Plushy said: "I and Joubert, actually, at all do not have transition between jumps"... do you remember the infamous letter of the American judge who cited this, never confirmed Plushy statement by other journalists? :plush34:

Inman would have written that letter anyway, with or without Plushy's "interview". He is obsessed to impose his opinions, if you remember, he gave Johnny Weir 4s for TR at 2010 US Nationals.
That interview was twisted, just like the platinum medal story, unfortunately 2010 Olys proved that we don't have enough power compared to the media. I'm grateful that a respected journalist, as Tatjana Flade is reporting about Evgeni's preparation for Olys, I'm sick and tired of biased "experts". :plush29:

Inman gave Weir 3.75!!! He wanted plushenko to get 3's! 2 judges gave him 5.00 based on his interview as quoted by Inman in his campaign letter against him.
caseddy

Postby caseddy » 01 Sep 2013, 04:34

whitebamboo wrote:
lala630312 wrote:I already wanted to post this here, but maybe i forgot it: A FSU poster Cherub wrote:

If I understand things correctly, a skater needs minimum TES scores for SP and LP in order to enter top international competitions (I think European Championships, 4CC, Worlds and Olympics). These scores needs to be achieved in a previous ISU international competition either during the same season, or the one immediately before. Remember that Evgeni needed a special permit from the ISU in order to go to Sheffield? That was because he didn't have the minimum TES required, since he didn't compete in the season before (10/11), and the Euros was the first international competition for him that season. Last season, the only international competition he was in was the Euros in Zagreb (and that was OK since he had the scores from the Sheffield Euros), and I think he got enough TES for the SP, but he did not skate the LP (which has a separate requirement).

Therefore, Evgeni does not have any usable minimum TES as of right now. In order to go to Sochi, he needs to skate at least one international competition before it, in order to get the minimum TES score for the Olympics. But he cannot only do the Euros, because that itself needs its own minimum TES requirement. This is why COR (which does not require miminum TES) is needed. The minimum TES for SP and LP themselves aren't difficult to achieve (I don't remember what they are exactly this year, though), and if Evgeni's state is anywhere remotely near his normal level, it would not be a problem. If he goes to some minor competition before COR (such as Finlandia or Coupe de Nice as he suggested as possible before), that would also solve the problem, but given the state of Evgeni's injuries, it sounds like they've decided against this. So it sounds like the plan now is to go to COR and get those scores. If he misses COR somehow, that would be a problem, but I think there are still some minor competitions he can enter in an emergency, but the timing will be tight (with Russian Nationals), but frankly in that case I think his health condition would be a far greater and more fundamental worry. (All this, of course, is excluding the possibility of special permission, similarly as for Sheffield.)

So I guess, the poster was right that Evgeni and Mishin should have a back-up plan if he cannot go to COR, but I am also fairly certain that they have considered the contingencies. I don't quite understand what the poster means by "on top of the rules this year" (though I do appreciate the positive hope). It always rather confuses me why so many people seem to think that Evgeni and Mishin, who have been top professionals for so many years in figure skating, do not understand the rules...

Because of some history! Even if plushenkos three jump combos in gpf 2004 were a mistake it came off to some as not knowing rules. Like kovtun and his 4 jumps combos at 2013 euros. Then no 3 jump combo in 2009-2010. Also in 2009-2010 layout of jumps ignoring 2:15 onward bonus maximization possibilities. the Inman letter taken as truth by some about transitions scores being fixed. So because of 2010 Olympics statements from both about "old system". It's wrong that many take different strategy in 2010 as ignorance of rules. It's just different strategy!
caseddy

Postby whitebamboo » 01 Sep 2013, 05:21

caseddy wrote:
Because of some history! Even if plushenkos three jump combos in gpf 2004 were a mistake it came off to some as not knowing rules. Like kovtun and his 4 jumps combos at 2013 euros. Then no 3 jump combo in 2009-2010. Also in 2009-2010 layout of jumps ignoring 2:15 onward bonus maximization possibilities. the Inman letter taken as truth by some about transitions scores being fixed. So because of 2010 Olympics statements from both about "old system". It's wrong that many take different strategy in 2010 as ignorance of rules. It's just different strategy!

True, plenty of people have made mistakes with jump combos, but somehow somehow that one time with Evgeni (when the COP was just getting started) gets singled out as evidence that he "doesn't know the rules". As for the 09/10 season--what galls me is that at the beginning of the season, so many people were saying how it's impossible for Plushenko to come back at all. But after Vancouver, all that seemed to be completely forgotten, and many people seemed to turn around and attribute ignorance of the rules/arrogance/overconfidence/etc. to him, as if all his struggles with coming back, with all his physical issues and injuries weren't never there at all.

Speaking of Inman's letter, I remember reading an interview by a Belgian (I think) judge after Vancouver, in which he defends Inman, saying that he felt that Inman meant well, but Evgeni was irresponsible for mentioning his own and Joubert's weakness in transitions, because that had an adverse effect on Joubert's scores. In other words, he actually tried to blame judges' unethical scoring on Evgeni! Sorry, I don't have the interview itself right now, and I am too disgusted to dig it up, but I remember being made rather sick by it...
whitebamboo

Postby caseddy » 01 Sep 2013, 09:22

I know what you mean it was done by Tony wheeler I think! The letters message was so insane! It was like always judge what's on the ice but with plushenko base in on his words! It was not even a really articulate statement by plushenko!! Sorry but transitions are not just before jumps! Lol and Inman and henofher judge who defended him were just being unethical.

Don't want to take the focus off the main topic!! Just hope everything works out! And the press isn't ridiculous! Like" he can never come back and that's ridiculous to even think of" too "well he was just ignorant about everything in skating now!" Lol.
caseddy

PreviousNext

Return to Всё о Жене || Everything about Evgeni