Пресса, интервью|| Press about Evgeni ON Ice

Любим! Надеемся! Верим!
We love you! We believe in you!

Re: Пресса о Жене, интервью Жени || Press about Evgeni ON Ic

Postby clairdelalune » 01 Sep 2013, 15:54

whitebamboo wrote:
True, plenty of people have made mistakes with jump combos, but somehow somehow that one time with Evgeni (when the COP was just getting started) gets singled out as evidence that he "doesn't know the rules". As for the 09/10 season--what galls me is that at the beginning of the season, so many people were saying how it's impossible for Plushenko to come back at all. But after Vancouver, all that seemed to be completely forgotten, and many people seemed to turn around and attribute ignorance of the rules/arrogance/overconfidence/etc. to him, as if all his struggles with coming back, with all his physical issues and injuries weren't never there at all.

Speaking of Inman's letter, I remember reading an interview by a Belgian (I think) judge after Vancouver, in which he defends Inman, saying that he felt that Inman meant well, but Evgeni was irresponsible for mentioning his own and Joubert's weakness in transitions, because that had an adverse effect on Joubert's scores. In other words, he actually tried to blame judges' unethical scoring on Evgeni! Sorry, I don't have the interview itself right now, and I am too disgusted to dig it up, but I remember being made rather sick by it...

People was shoked that Evgeni put so many efforts to came back but he didn't add one 2 to one of his combos, or moved one jump after half point. Nobody could understand, the only explanation is that Mishin and Evgeni did not know how to maximize the points.
The judge you're talking about is indeed the Belgian Patrick Ibens and Tony Wheeler and him defended Inman and suggested that Joubert received low PCS also due to Evgeni's statement. If judges score programs based on interviews and not on what the skater actually does, maybe Evgeni should emphasize in each interview how great his programs are, how many transisions he has, etc. :plush34:
ImageImage
clairdelalune

Postby cekoni » 01 Sep 2013, 16:38

clairdelalune wrote:
whitebamboo wrote:...
Speaking of Inman's letter, I remember reading an interview by a Belgian (I think) judge after Vancouver, in which he defends Inman, saying that he felt that Inman meant well, but Evgeni was irresponsible for mentioning his own and Joubert's weakness in transitions, because that had an adverse effect on Joubert's scores. In other words, he actually tried to blame judges' unethical scoring on Evgeni! Sorry, I don't have the interview itself right now, and I am too disgusted to dig it up, but I remember being made rather sick by it...

People was shoked that Evgeni put so many efforts to came back but he didn't add one 2 to one of his combos, or moved one jump after half point. Nobody could understand, the only explanation is that Mishin and Evgeni did not know how to maximize the points.
The judge you're talking about is indeed the Belgian Patrick Ibens and Tony Wheeler and him defended Inman and suggested that Joubert received low PCS also due to Evgeni's statement. If judges score programs based on interviews and not on what the skater actually does...

Fact, that judges give Plushy undeservedly low scores for SP - apparently show that they left enough "space" that Lysacek can overtake Plushy... and as somebody once said: anything that Plushy had done in his FS, he would be 2nd!

As for his non-existent "statement" about transition... even though he said it as joke - this is not any "evidence", which can be used in a conversation between professionals, such as judges...

P.S. I can not argue more about that - all this, and much more was led towards the same ultimate goal - to take up gold medal Russia in the men's single skating (after 3-4 consecutive Olympics), and do not let that Plushy equal record with "an" American :plush34:
cekoni
Administrator

Postby clairdelalune » 01 Sep 2013, 22:49

cekoni wrote:Fact, that judges give Plushy undeservedly low scores for SP - apparently show that they left enough "space" that Lysacek can overtake Plushy... and as somebody once said: anything that Plushy had done in his FS, he would be 2nd!

This was obvious to anybody who watched the Olympics.
Lysacek's luck begun in 2009 when he won Worlds, due to the inconsistency of competitors, but it is also true that he brought his A game to the Olys, he delivered the best he could. I felt it wasn't Evgeni's case too, he could have improved his programs before the competition. :-(
ImageImage
clairdelalune

Postby whitebamboo » 01 Sep 2013, 23:35

clairdelalune wrote:

Even though Evgeni had been gone for three years, Mishin had been coaching men's singles skaters all this time. People might think this was the "only explanation", but that would be correct reasoning if these matters of adding another jump/moving jumps to the second half, etc., were only dependent on what one "wants" to do. Everything has a physical cost, and Evgeni's physical stamina was a serious issue at that point. It surprises me that so many people seemed to think that these things are supposed to come for free with Evgeni, especially as they were perfectly well aware (as all the predictions of "impossible" at the start of the season showed) of how difficult physically this comeback was. (But anyways, all this should have no impact on discussions of what one thinks about the results of Vancouver.)

The judge you're talking about is indeed the Belgian Patrick Ibens and Tony Wheeler and him defended Inman and suggested that Joubert received low PCS also due to Evgeni's statement. If judges score programs based on interviews and not on what the skater actually does, maybe Evgeni should emphasize in each interview how great his programs are, how many transisions he has, etc. :plush34:

Thanks for reminding me of the Belgian judge's name! Yes, that's him. What truly shocked me was that he really just admitted that judges do not do their jobs, and he seems to have showed no sense whatsoever that there was anything wrong with this. If people are going to be blamed for their remarks (real or imaginary) because the judges would score unfairly because of it, then perhaps all the skating commentators and "experts" in the media should be out of jobs first... :ps_ih:
whitebamboo

Postby caseddy » 02 Sep 2013, 01:40

And the official (or unofficial I'm not sure) program preview sheet showed plushenko was planning 4/3/2 just like in 2006. So even if he decided while he was skating not to do 4/3/2 how about 3/2/2 after lutz or axel?
caseddy

Postby lovplush » 02 Sep 2013, 13:49

caseddy wrote:And the official (or unofficial I'm not sure) program preview sheet showed plushenko was planning 4/3/2 just like in 2006. So even if he decided while he was skating not to do 4/3/2 how about 3/2/2 after lutz or axel?

Preview sheet for Tango Amore?

Plushy is the one on ice, and he is not the only one made mistake about jumps so why on earth discuss this? Why on earth we are still talk about that one? Will the discussion change anything in the past? No! So Move on people.
Plushenko Chinese Fans Club: http://www.plushycnfanclub.org/

These users thanked the author lovplush for the post (total 2):
lala630312 (05 Sep 2013, 21:48) • cekoni (03 Sep 2013, 01:09)
Rating: 8.33%

lovplush

Postby cekoni » 03 Sep 2013, 01:11

caseddy wrote:And the official (or unofficial I'm not sure) program preview sheet showed plushenko was planning 4/3/2 just like in 2006. So even if he decided while he was skating not to do 4/3/2 how about 3/2/2 after lutz or axel?

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=111&start=280#p7909 :mi_ga_et:
cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 04 Sep 2013, 01:43

Russian news - "old" informations about his SP/FS, archive video...

Evgeni Plushenko on Russian Newscast - 26/08/2013:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLM8DRzCQO0&t=2m8s

These users thanked the author cekoni for the post (total 2):
lala630312 (04 Sep 2013, 22:41) • bigeyegugu (04 Sep 2013, 18:11)
Rating: 8.33%

cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 05 Sep 2013, 17:55

Vaytsehovskaya really can not find like-minded people ::yaz-yk:

http://www.sport-express.ru/velena/reviews/35238/
СОБЕСЕДНИКИ Елены ВАЙЦЕХОВСКОЙ

Этери Тутберидзе: "На Плющенко можно сделать ставку в командных соревнованиях"

"СМОТРЮ НА ЖЕНЮ ДРУГИМИ ГЛАЗАМИ"
– В российском мужском одиночном катании сейчас сложилась ситуация, когда на одно место в олимпийской команде претендует фактически один спортсмен – Евгений Плющенко. Как думаете, по силам ли кому-то еще бороться за звание чемпиона России, если Плющенко сделает в произвольной программе хотя бы один четверной прыжок?
– Думаю, что это нереально. Женя наверняка сделает два тройных акселя – он всегда прыгал их довольно легко. И этого в сочетании с четверным будет вполне достаточно, чтобы победить. Я вообще, честно говоря, не знаю, а надо ли соперничать с Плющенко?

– В каком смысле?
– Не очень представляю себе какого-то другого российского спортсмена, который мог бы бороться за олимпийский пьедестал. Все они сражаются в основном за попадание в "десятку". Да, тот же Максим Ковтун прыгает и тройные аксели, и два различных четверных. Но на том уровне, о котором мы говорим, это делают почти все. Нельзя же рассчитывать на то, что соперники выйдут на лед и как один посыпятся?
Плющенко все еще достаточно хорош, чтобы бороться в командном турнире, где у России вполне может быть медаль. На это, как мне кажется, делать ставку логичнее всего. Тем более что командный турнир в олимпийской программе – первый.

– Евгений гораздо в большей степени, нежели Костнер, принадлежит к поколению из "прошлой" жизни. Наверное, и про него можно сказать, что он точно так же приучен разбегаться через весь каток, точно так же лимитирован в связующих шагах. При этом я вижу, что вам он по-прежнему интересен как фигурист. Чем именно?
- Я смотрю на Женю другими глазами. Это ведь реально тяжело – выучить в таком возрасте то, чему дети сейчас учатся в четыре или пять лет. Но ребенку можно сто раз повторять одно и то же, и он сто раз будет делать один элемент. У взрослых же в подсознании всегда очень крепко сидит мысль: "Я этого не сделаю, потому что не умею". Поэтому многие вообще отказываются учиться.
Когда Плющенко катался на своей первой Олимпиаде в Солт-Лейк-Сити, он даже не мог сесть до конца в волчок – это было не нужно. И никаких смен ребер на либеле по этой же причине тоже не было. Поэтому когда сейчас я вижу, как он старается делать на льду сложные вариации каких-то позиций, то как тренер понимаю, сколько труда в это вложено.

These users thanked the author cekoni for the post:
Жюли (06 Sep 2013, 03:50)
Rating: 4.17%

cekoni
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Всё о Жене || Everything about Evgeni