Пресса, интервью|| Press about Evgeni ON Ice

Любим! Надеемся! Верим!
We love you! We believe in you!

Re: Пресса о Жене, интервью Жени || Press about Evgeni ON Ic

Postby karnelove » 04 Apr 2012, 17:00

cekoni wrote: Canadians, Americans and Japanese have treated this competition more seriously.

Okay.

I really, really, really love you, Plushy, but if this is what he really said and not a translation error, then I am very disappointed in him. :plush38:

I don't think anyone could accuse the Russians of not taking this competition seriously. Especially Artur. You only had to look at his face to know that he knew EXACTLY what was on the line, EXACTLY what was expected of him, and he knew that he didn't do a good enough job. I hope Artur didn't read this or hear of this. To hear Plushy say that he didn't take Worlds seriously enough would be crushing. :ny_tik:

Artur looked like he was on the verge of tears after his free skate. I think he was taking it plenty serious, Plush. :ne_vi_del:
karnelove

Postby cekoni » 04 Apr 2012, 17:36

karnelove wrote:
cekoni wrote: Canadians, Americans and Japanese have treated this competition more seriously.

Okay.

I really, really, really love you, Plushy, but if this is what he really said and not a translation error, then I am very disappointed in him. :plush38:

Artur looked like he was on the verge of tears after his free skate. I think he was taking it plenty serious, Plush. :ne_vi_del:

You are a lot of "disappointed in Plushy" lately :kli_ny: - why you not let him to have his own standards for preparedness? :ne_vi_del: ... Besides that, I think that Plushy knows better than me or you, how Artur's was really prepared :plush34:

These users thanked the author cekoni for the post (total 2):
Kudryavka (05 Apr 2012, 18:29) • lala630312 (04 Apr 2012, 20:46)
Rating: 8.33%

cekoni
Administrator

Postby karnelove » 04 Apr 2012, 18:07

cekoni wrote:
karnelove wrote:

Okay.

You are a lot of "disappointed in Plushy" lately :kli_ny: - why you not let him to have his own standards for preparedness? :ne_vi_del: ... Besides that, I think that Plushy knows better than me or you, how Artur's was really prepared :plush34:

I am almost never disappointed in Plushy! I love him to bits! But it just seems to me that it wasn't a very nice thing to say about the others. :ne_vi_del: I am sure going to Worlds was very important for all of them.
karnelove

Postby cekoni » 04 Apr 2012, 18:27

karnelove wrote:... But it just seems to me that it wasn't a very nice thing to say about the others. :ne_vi_del: I am sure going to Worlds was very important for all of them.

Plushy said what he thought - honestly, as always :a_g_a: ... like I said - his standards are much higher than ours, and he know things which we dont know...

Besides - and Mishin mentioned something like that:
"... In fact, there is a serious reason, why Arthur was not ready. But I have no right to disclose it"...

http://www.sovsport.ru/gazeta/article-item/518367
... На самом деле есть серьезная причина, по которой Артур был не готов. Но я не имею права ее разглашать...

These users thanked the author cekoni for the post (total 3):
Kudryavka (05 Apr 2012, 18:29) • whitebamboo (04 Apr 2012, 21:21) • lala630312 (04 Apr 2012, 20:46)
Rating: 12.5%

cekoni
Administrator

Postby whitebamboo » 04 Apr 2012, 21:17

karnelove wrote:

Okay.

I don't think anyone could accuse the Russians of not taking this competition seriously. Especially Artur. You only had to look at his face to know that he knew EXACTLY what was on the line, EXACTLY what was expected of him, and he knew that he didn't do a good enough job. I hope Artur didn't read this or hear of this. To hear Plushy say that he didn't take Worlds seriously enough would be crushing. :ny_tik:

I am sure that Artur was trying hard, but whether for external or internal reasons, the level of preparation turned out not to be enough. (and that, I think, included levels of mental preparedness.) Evgeni was never saying that he expected Artur to medal or anything like that, and in one of the interviews before the Worlds, he was hinting that Artur was maybe not quite in the best condition. Of course, Evgeni's himself had been away from the ice for a while and might not even have had all the information, but I myself somehow got the sense that he was a little bit cautious about how Artur will do at this Worlds then. Still, what happened must have been truly disappointing to him, precisely because he cares so much about Artur.

As for being "nice", again maybe it's just me, but to be honest when it comes to assessing on-ice performances, "niceness" in the surface sense, should, frankly, not be the first priority. And I don't see anything Evgeni said here as specifically "not nice" or "mean". Perhaps he could have softened it somewhat, but from what I've seen, other Russian commentators have generally speaking been much more blunt.

These users thanked the author whitebamboo for the post (total 3):
Kudryavka (05 Apr 2012, 18:33) • lovplush (04 Apr 2012, 22:34) • lala630312 (04 Apr 2012, 22:00)
Rating: 12.5%

whitebamboo

Postby whitebamboo » 04 Apr 2012, 22:01

(sorry, I'm having trouble editing, so I'll go on a little more here.)

I do have to say that I was a little surprised myself to read this particular commentary by Evgeni, because this is actually the first time I can recall that he's been critical of the performance of any Russian skater in recent years. Especially with Artur. For so many years, Evgeni has constantly praised, encouraged, supported, helped, and been an older brother to him, that frankly, I think he's earned the right to be a bit "harsh" this once. And I think Artur understand him well enough not to take it in any way where it was not intended.

I know this must be a tough time for Artur, but the important thing is for him to do better next time. They are already saying that Evgeni is expected to "save Russia" next year, but the truth is, next year Evgeni will be 30. And even if in the next two seasons, Evgeni defied age, injuries, everything else, what will happen to Russian men's skating after 2014? I know it would be unfair to Artur to expect him to fill Evgeni's shoes or carry Evgeni's burden, but he really is the most promising Russian male singles skater since Evgeni, and it would be disappointing--just for his own sake and nothing else--to not perform to the level allowed by his talent and abilities.

Back in 2000, Evgeni also had a bad Worlds at Nice (though he was two years younger than Artur is now, and "bad" for him meant fourth), but that defeat did not crush him. Just the opposite, it seemed to have been a transformative experience. The level of his skating increased, and in 2001, he did not loss a single competition. I hope that with Artur, this will ultimately be an experience that will help him improve, too.

These users thanked the author whitebamboo for the post (total 2):
Phrazey (04 Apr 2012, 23:15) • lovplush (04 Apr 2012, 22:34)
Rating: 8.33%

whitebamboo

Postby cekoni » 04 Apr 2012, 22:36

whitebamboo wrote:...
I do have to say that I was a little surprised myself to read this particular commentary by Evgeni, because this is actually the first time I can recall that he's been critical of the performance of any Russian skater in recent years....

This is not Plushy's "commentary" .... than his column for a newspaper, in which he should to analyze the championship :mi_ga_et:

In a previous column, Plushy was praised Alena Leonova for her "spirit": :plush45:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6&start=1640#p67691

Although Plushy not written anything about Pairs final results, I am sure that he was satisfied with Volosozhar/Trankov's FS and their expressed the desire to fight and win. :plush41:

By me - for Evgeni is the only one "unforgivable flaw" - when the some skater show that he surrendered and gave up, even before his skating and ended ... which was, unfortunately, so obvious in Arthur :plush34:
cekoni
Administrator

Postby lovplush » 04 Apr 2012, 23:24

cekoni wrote:
By me - for Evgeni is the only one "unforgivable flaw" - when the some skater show that he surrendered and gave up, even before his skating and ended ... which was, unfortunately, so obvious in Arthur :plush34:

Plushy is disappointed for men's result for sure, but I don't think he would think Artur gave up before skating. Artur tried his best but failed. Let us face it, he is never mentally and technically strong/stable as Plushy.

Plushy is simply criticize the training levels. He has cautiously expressed his disappointment in his interview on 26/03 already. Now the result shows that he has reason to worry so he has to point it out.
Plushenko Chinese Fans Club: http://www.plushycnfanclub.org/
lovplush

Postby cekoni » 04 Apr 2012, 23:29

... and I forgot something ... :mi_ga_et:

When Plushy mention "bad preparation", he was not talking about physical - than about psychological/mental preparation - about concentration (mistakes of Pairs in SP) and will for fight, for medals, for winning, for the dignity of Russia! :plush41: plush48
cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 04 Apr 2012, 23:35

lovplush wrote:Plushy is disappointed for men's result for sure, but I don't think he would think Artur gave up before skating. Artur tried his best but failed. Let us face it, he is never mentally and technically strong/stable as Plushy.

Plushy is simply criticize the training levels...

Sorry, I dont saw your post before :hi_hi_hi: .... maybe you are right, but I stil stand by my opinion about Plushy's disappointment with the lack of "mental will" :plush34:

-----------

P.S. you have PM :mi_ga_et:
cekoni
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Всё о Жене || Everything about Evgeni