Пресса, интервью|| Press about Evgeni ON Ice

Любим! Надеемся! Верим!
We love you! We believe in you!

Re: Пресса о Жене, интервью Жени || Press about Evgeni ON Ic

Postby let`s talk » 10 May 2012, 19:09

clairdelalune wrote:No, she means body lines not edges. Her opinion isn't new to me, a lot of FS followers from N/A share the same view about Evgeni's skating, he isn''t regarded or recognized as an elegant or artistic skater. They have a different perception of what these things mean, so it's not a reason to be angry or upset. Just ignore her (them). :plush34:

And what body lines would please her :hi_hi_hi: ? Also, there is judgment factor, the one that is supposed to be based on the rules, and not some "different perception of what these things mean" stuff.

We already heard that zils of times that those who like Plush or Dai or others, and don't like Chan&Co are just dumb crowds who know nothing about FS. :du_el:
"Осторожно! Фанатка ЕП и ДТ" (weir.ru about let`s talk)
let`s talk
 
Posts: 583
Joined: 08 Apr 2010, 15:16
Location: Japan
Has thanked: 498 times
Been thanked: 912 times

Re: Пресса о Жене, интервью Жени || Press about Evgeni ON Ic

Postby clairdelalune » 10 May 2012, 20:10

lala630312 wrote:Dear Clair!


I love Yuzu, but i don't like your gif! I would like to see Plushy's gif. Sometimes you forget, that is Plushy's site. Sorry.


Look, Lala, Yuzuru is amazed by Plushy's moves!!!! :mo-ro_zi_vo: :mi_ga_et:
ImageImage

These users thanked the author clairdelalune for the post:
lala630312 (10 May 2012, 20:44)
Rating: 4.17%
 
User avatar
clairdelalune
 
Posts: 877
Joined: 15 Apr 2010, 15:04
Has thanked: 60 times
Been thanked: 171 times

Re: Пресса о Жене, интервью Жени || Press about Evgeni ON Ic

Postby clairdelalune » 10 May 2012, 20:11

let`s talk wrote:
clairdelalune wrote:No, she means body lines not edges. Her opinion isn't new to me, a lot of FS followers from N/A share the same view about Evgeni's skating, he isn''t regarded or recognized as an elegant or artistic skater. They have a different perception of what these things mean, so it's not a reason to be angry or upset. Just ignore her (them). :plush34:

And what body lines would please her :hi_hi_hi: ? Also, there is judgment factor, the one that is supposed to be based on the rules, and not some "different perception of what these things mean" stuff.

We already heard that zils of times that those who like Plush or Dai or others, and don't like Chan&Co are just dumb crowds who know nothing about FS. :du_el:


Ignore them!!!!! :plush42:
ImageImage
User avatar
clairdelalune
 
Posts: 877
Joined: 15 Apr 2010, 15:04
Has thanked: 60 times
Been thanked: 171 times

Re: Пресса о Жене, интервью Жени || Press about Evgeni ON Ic

Postby whitebamboo » 10 May 2012, 22:12

clairdelalune wrote:No, she means body lines not edges. Her opinion isn't new to me, a lot of FS followers from N/A share the same view about Evgeni's skating, he isn''t regarded or recognized as an elegant or artistic skater. They have a different perception of what these things mean, so it's not a reason to be angry or upset. Just ignore her (them). :plush34:


Well, I suppose it is true that sometimes I honestly wonder if I am living in a completely different universe from some of them.... :ps_ih:

The thing is, though, if she'd said "in my opinion Plushenko isn't an elegant/artistic skater", and maybe explain how she feels about it, even if subjectively, then I would consider it a somewhat legitimate personal statement, even though one that I--from my point of view--would disagree with vehemently. But the way she said it--"he isn't known for elegance, etc."--then she's making a statement about the opinions of other followers of the sport. She's essentially claiming to speak for the majority of FS followers. And in that sense, from what I have seen of what media, fans, and FS insiders from around the world (as in, a bigger place than some North American message boards and blogs) say about Plushenko's skating, I believe it is simply not true. This is something that, I do have to confess, irritates me: people substituting their personal opinions for "the truth" and claiming to represent everybody else. (And BTW, speaking of "arrogance" since they always try to throw that label on Plushy, that is what I would call arrogance.)

These users thanked the author whitebamboo for the post (total 5):
lala630312 (11 May 2012, 13:16) • simona (11 May 2012, 08:51) • maolmi (11 May 2012, 00:37) • Дарина (10 May 2012, 23:14) • lovplush (10 May 2012, 23:12)
Rating: 20.83%
 
User avatar
whitebamboo
 
Posts: 310
Joined: 04 May 2011, 00:47
Has thanked: 1847 times
Been thanked: 646 times

Re: Пресса о Жене, интервью Жени || Press about Evgeni ON Ic

Postby lilywang » 10 May 2012, 23:47

Why waste any breath on them? We all know how European and Asian sports commentators gushing about his artistry, charisma and charm during live broadcasts. That is how MILLIONS of people around the world got to know Plushenko. You think those NA bloggers and/or FSU posters can reach 0.01% of the audience? (whitebamboo, you remember how CCTV was all fan-girling towards Plushy during the whole Vancouver Olympic, :mi_ga_et: , that is at least 100 million people "brain-washed" :-) . Plushy haters could only dream about such power and influence ;;-))) )


I always found it very IRONIC that after LP in Vancouver, some of the U.S. media tried so hard to bash Plushy. But guess what, when it came to broadcasting the gala, NBC still had to show his performance around prime time. Plushy and Joannie Rochette were the only non-gold medalists that they showed, not even their own dance team, DW got that exposure. That is real impact in real life.

These users thanked the author lilywang for the post (total 3):
lala630312 (11 May 2012, 13:15) • whitebamboo (11 May 2012, 03:46) • Дарина (10 May 2012, 23:58)
Rating: 12.5%
 
lilywang
 
Posts: 151
Joined: 02 Sep 2010, 19:01
Has thanked: 173 times
Been thanked: 153 times

Re: Пресса о Жене, интервью Жени || Press about Evgeni ON Ic

Postby cekoni » 11 May 2012, 06:07

So, same author wrote another article about Plushy ... :kli_ny:
Figure Skating’s Enigmatic Evgeni Plushenko:
http://barbisk8.com/?p=535#.T6tCrIks3XA.twitter

... so, I ask her some things, and here is her's explanations.... :ps_ih:

(@PlushenkoNews):
Posted Thursday 10th May 2012 from Twitlonger

@barbisk8 Plushenko is not "enigmatic", on the contrary - he always says what he thinks! "Many" are also agree with his statements... In any case, after his criticism (at the 2010 Olympics), ISU has changed the rules, right? ;)

Barbi Smith (@barbisk8):

@PlushenkoNews With respect, enigmatic has several meanings. Here it refers to Plushenko being cool and under complete control in one moment, and then displaying such passion as to bring his fans to their feet. I agree he always says what he thinks, and has the skating to back it up. This is a great thing to be admired!

(@PlushenkoNews):
@barbisk8 Nice explanation! Can you then, please, explain me also - in which moment Plushy became "Not exactly known for elegance or stretched lines"?

If you have time, look at some examples, about what I think:
http://evgeni-plushenko.com/img/foto/big/4196.jpg
http://evgeni-plushenko.com/img/foto/big/4118.jpg
http://evgeni-plushenko.com/img/foto/big/4204.jpg
http://evgeni-plushenko.com/img/foto/big/3879.jpg
http://evgeni-plushenko.com/img/foto/big/4156.jpg
http://evgeni-plushenko.com/img/foto/big/4177.jpg
http://evgeni-plushenko.com/img/foto/big/4194.jpg

... and how you got it, because he is more than 10 years received the highest marks for "presentation" (PCS)?

Barbi Smith (@barbisk8):

@PlushenkoNews Certainly! (Great pics btw!) No matter what Evgeni Plushenko does, he will forever be known as "THE QUAD KING". He OWNS the quad. Whether you go back to the first days of performing this in competition, the 4+3+2, and many more examples the man has probably landed more quads in competition than any other man in the world. This is what he will always be known for.

This is not saying he is incapable of doing other skills. Rather every time his name is mentioned, it is Evgeni Plushenko, Quad King. Hugely famous!

You realize there is an opportunity for 5 Olympic medals after Sochi? Truly impressive.

(@PlushenkoNews):

@barbisk8 Of course, Plushenko is most famous for almost 100% successfully performed quads in competitions! ... but because it, some malicious North American FS "experts" deliberately overlooked other his abilities and invent his defects - especially in the category that can not be accurately evaluated and depends on individual taste - "artistry"!

I am glad that you know and appreciate his other skills, because from your 2 articles about Plushy, people could get a different impression.

If by now you might not see one of his program (which was inspired with an famous Russian ballet dancer), I recommend it. Otherwise, by Johnny Weir - this is the best program of all time! ... look and marks ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycbW8zT-ZCc&t=3m37s

P.S. as for the medals in Sochi, we can only pray for his health :) ... Greetings!



P.S.... my conclusion about Barbi's articles - It seems to me that she have "benevolent intentions", but her initial premise are wrong... but in comparasion with some real "experts-haters" - she is not "dangerous" :plush45:
Image

These users thanked the author cekoni for the post:
whitebamboo (12 May 2012, 21:23)
Rating: 4.17%
 
User avatar
cekoni
Administrator
 
Posts: 24627
Joined: 03 Jun 2009, 09:19
Location: Serbia
Has thanked: 3635 times
Been thanked: 21292 times

Re: Пресса о Жене, интервью Жени || Press about Evgeni ON Ic

Postby clairdelalune » 11 May 2012, 11:36

lilywang wrote:Why waste any breath on them? We all know how European and Asian sports commentators gushing about his artistry, charisma and charm during live broadcasts. That is how MILLIONS of people around the world got to know Plushenko. You think those NA bloggers and/or FSU posters can reach 0.01% of the audience? (whitebamboo, you remember how CCTV was all fan-girling towards Plushy during the whole Vancouver Olympic, :mi_ga_et: , that is at least 100 million people "brain-washed" :-) . Plushy haters could only dream about such power and influence ;;-))) )


Those people aren't even a majority on FSU or GS, they are simply inexistent when it comes to international FS followers. :plush42:

lilywang wrote:I always found it very IRONIC that after LP in Vancouver, some of the U.S. media tried so hard to bash Plushy. But guess what, when it came to broadcasting the gala, NBC still had to show his performance around prime time. Plushy and Joannie Rochette were the only non-gold medalists that they showed, not even their own dance team, DW got that exposure. That is real impact in real life.


They had to show Joannie because she is Canadian, so a host and Plushy because he is Plushy. :k_i_n_g: They know how to raise the audience!!!! :plush45:
ImageImage
User avatar
clairdelalune
 
Posts: 877
Joined: 15 Apr 2010, 15:04
Has thanked: 60 times
Been thanked: 171 times

Re: Пресса о Жене, интервью Жени || Press about Evgeni ON Ic

Postby lovplush » 11 May 2012, 18:24

cekoni wrote:

Barbi Smith (@barbisk8):

@PlushenkoNews Certainly! (Great pics btw!) No matter what Evgeni Plushenko does, he will forever be known as "THE QUAD KING". He OWNS the quad. Whether you go back to the first days of performing this in competition, the 4+3+2, and many more examples the man has probably landed more quads in competition than any other man in the world. This is what he will always be known for.

This is not saying he is incapable of doing other skills. Rather every time his name is mentioned, it is Evgeni Plushenko, Quad King. Hugely famous!

You realize there is an opportunity for 5 Olympic medals after Sochi? Truly impressive.



Actually she is wrong, "Quad king" is often referring to Timothy Goebel, who performed 3 quads in his 02' Olympics LP. Plushy became "quad king" only after his first comeback, when there were almost no skaters care about performing quad.

Plushy is never all about jumps but a great skater who can consistently landing quads in competition and consistently present difficult yet beautiful, but most importantly clean programs in competitions. I am afraid that people are getting so use to flawed programs now nobody really appreciated Plushy's efforts of performing cleanly, even worse, they took it for granted (Plushenko should only perform clean programs while others can perform flawed programs).

As a top skater and someone who dedicates his whole life to this sport (the latter goes also to MIshin), Plushy's insists on performing quads are purely expressing his opinion on how the sport should develop further, not going backwards.
Image
Plushenko Chinese Fans Club: http://www.plushycnfanclub.org/

These users thanked the author lovplush for the post (total 3):
whitebamboo (12 May 2012, 21:22) • simona (12 May 2012, 02:39) • lala630312 (12 May 2012, 00:21)
Rating: 12.5%
 
User avatar
lovplush
 
Posts: 558
Joined: 01 Jun 2010, 01:03
Location: Belgium
Has thanked: 1096 times
Been thanked: 909 times

Re: Пресса о Жене, интервью Жени || Press about Evgeni ON Ic

Postby lilywang » 12 May 2012, 00:15

clairdelalune wrote:
They had to show Joannie because she is Canadian, so a host and Plushy because he is Plushy. :k_i_n_g: They know how to raise the audience!!!! :plush45:


During Vancouver, Joannie got tremendous amount of publicity in U.S. because she lost her mother right before the game, poor girl. :plush36:

NBC showed Plushy's Je Suit Malade at prime time, and the Platinum performance speaks for itself, teaching them what is real ART. :ya_hoo_oo:

Mainstream media and internet message board are completely two different things. One TV appearance projects you to millions of people at a time. Plushy has been the center of attention for three consecutive Winter Olympics, for many, his name is synonymous to Figure Skating. Nothing can change that.

These users thanked the author lilywang for the post (total 4):
simona (12 May 2012, 02:37) • lovplush (12 May 2012, 00:34) • Дарина (12 May 2012, 00:30) • lala630312 (12 May 2012, 00:21)
Rating: 16.67%
 
lilywang
 
Posts: 151
Joined: 02 Sep 2010, 19:01
Has thanked: 173 times
Been thanked: 153 times

Re: Пресса о Жене, интервью Жени || Press about Evgeni ON Ic

Postby whitebamboo » 13 May 2012, 00:21

cekoni wrote:So, same author wrote another article about Plushy ... :kli_ny:
Figure Skating’s Enigmatic Evgeni Plushenko:
http://barbisk8.com/?p=535#.T6tCrIks3XA.twitter

... so, I ask her some things, and here is her's explanations.... :ps_ih:



Thank you, Cekoni, for talking to her and arguing for Plushy! :plush39: :plush39:

I agree with you that she probably doesn't have nasty intentions as some real Plushy haters that I've seen. I don't know much about her, I have to say, though from what I've read so far of her articles, I have my own doubts. Well, how to say this, so far it's not clear to me that she's...capable of understanding someone like Evgeni Plushenko. This new article she wrote essentially says that he is "enigmatic" (her word, and one that I find very interesting) because he speaks his mind! To me, an article that can--with all apparent seriousness--say this reveals a great deal more about its author than about its subject.

And that's leaving aside the question of what particular things Plushy has actually said during his career, or how "polarizing", as she put it, each of those things really were, especially when put in perspective. It's not as if he's made statements like "I gave a gold medal performance regardless of how others skated", or "my competitors are working to be somewhat near my level". I guess by "polarizing statements", she probably meant the quad controversy after Vancouver. But then maybe she could also take a look at how this "polarization" eventually resolved itself, in terms of how many people are doing the quad now... :-) (Well, I'll give her credit for having used the word "polarizing", since that word in itself implies that some agree and some do not, which I suppose was true. Although from other part of the article, I am not completely certain she understood that point herself.)

The thing with Plushy is, he cares about figure skating, and he has beliefs about them. So when it comes to skating, he'll evaluate himself and other skaters, as well and as honestly as he can. He's talked about his own strengths and weaknesses at some given time or competition; he's talked about others' strengths and weakness at some given time. Of course, what he says is just his own point of view--but that's always true, with everybody who ever makes a comment about skating or anything else. What on earth can be more natural? People claim he has a "big ego", but to me, his so-called "ego" has nothing to do whatsoever to do with it; it's their own egos that can't take it.

In real life, I have met (quite rarely) people who can say very direct and blunt, or even harsh things (far harsher than anything Plushy ever said publicly about anyone's skating, actually), not about skating but about some other specific area. I confess it took me a long time, but finally I gained enough maturity to understand that at least with some of them, this is absolutely not about being "arrogant" or "humble" or having a big or small ego. In fact, it's exactly the opposite--because they believe that egos--their own or anyone else's--are simply not useful in comparison with the endeavor himself. I believe this is the case with Plushy, too.

These users thanked the author whitebamboo for the post (total 3):
ilpulcino (14 May 2012, 18:25) • cekoni (14 May 2012, 01:29) • lovplush (13 May 2012, 02:00)
Rating: 12.5%
 
User avatar
whitebamboo
 
Posts: 310
Joined: 04 May 2011, 00:47
Has thanked: 1847 times
Been thanked: 646 times

PreviousNext

Return to Всё о Жене || Everything about Evgeni

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 8 guests

cron