Мужчины || Men

Другие фигуристы, различные фигурнокатательные мероприятия || Other skaters and events without Evgeni

Re: Мужчины - соперники Жени || Men

Postby cekoni » 04 Oct 2009, 10:53

Les Tudiantes 2009 : Brian Joubert ... program "Infinity"
(demonstration of Brian Joubert at the rink in Poitiers, during the week of Tudiantes)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEtgJEqyb7Y

cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 05 Oct 2009, 14:35

http://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/front/In_form_...=11301292&ty=st
October 3, 2009

In-form Lambiel looks ahead to Vancouver

Swiss figure skating champion Stéphane Lambiel tells swissinfo.ch he is pulling out all the stops to try and compete for an Olympic gold medal in Vancouver in 2010.

A year after an injury forced him into early retirement, the two-time world champion kept his Olympic dreams alive by winning the Nebelhorn Trophy in Oberstdorf in Germany last weekend.
On September 25 Lambiel won both the short and long programmes at the Nebelhorn championships, finishing more than 25 points ahead of his nearest rival.
He scored 232.36 points and is therefore halfway to meeting Swiss qualifying rules for the 2010 Vancouver Olympic Games under which skaters must score 195 points or better in two competitions.
He confirmed his return to form on October 3 when he led team Europe to victory at the Japan Open, scoring 150.52 points.
On October 16, 2008 Lambiel announced that he was putting an end to his competitive career because of a lingering thigh muscle injury. But in July 2009 he announced that extensive physiotherapy had since enabled him to control any pain felt as a result of the injury and he said he was preparing for the Olympics with his long-time trainer Peter Grütter.

- swissinfo.ch: Are you happy with your Nebelhorn Trophy performance in Oberstdorf?
- Stéphane Lambiel: I'm obviously satisfied with the way things went last weekend. I gave two good programmes, from both the technical and artistic point of view.
I felt very calm and serene during the three-week run-up to the competition. I feel in really good shape; the pains have practically disappeared.
Compared with previous years, I feel like I've got a slight head start in my preparations, as I had to prepare intensively for the Oberstdorf competition. This margin will be useful ahead of the Olympics.

- swissinfo.ch: What made you want to make a comeback less than a year after your retirement?
- S.L.: It was my state of health. I always wanted to fight but I needed the necessary weapons to do so. When I became fit again, I no longer had any doubts in my mind.

- swissinfo.ch: Are your physical injuries now a thing of the past?
- S.L.: The persistent thigh injury which I suffered from for over a year is under control. Two months' total rest were beneficial. I then started to skate again gently before taking part in a number of gala events.
I was lucky to be able to get to know a Canadian physiotherapist who helped me a lot. Like any elite sportsperson, my body is constantly under stress. But now I've learned to work with the pain.

- swissinfo.ch: In the past you said you were making a comeback just for yourself and your own pleasure. Do you not care what the public thinks?
- S.L.: I'm living a wonderful adventure. Whether it is gala events or competitions, I always skate for the general public and the judges.
But the main thing is that I've set myself a personal challenge. Afterwards, if people appreciate my work I am obviously delighted.

- swissinfo.ch: When you are shaving in the morning do you ever think about winning a gold medal at the 2010 Vancouver Olympics?
- S.L.: Every day I think about competing, building my life and learning new things. Of course Olympic dreams go through my mind.
I'm doing my utmost, together with my team, to reach that goal. But it's not an obsession.

- swissinfo.ch: Lots of people are talking about a future battle with the Russian skater Evgeni Plushenko, who beat you four years ago in Turin and who has also made a comeback. Is there any truth in this?
- S.L: Yes, of course. The two best skaters of the two previous Olympcs will meet. But I'm avoiding any comparisons with him and I'm concentrating purely on my work. I'll let the judges decide who is the best.

- swissinfo.ch: Like Roger Federer you are a worldwide ambassador for Swiss sport. What image of your country do you like sharing with people abroad?
- S.L.: I try to represent Switzerland, and Portugal, my second country, as best I can. But I don't travel to each country with a fondue set and cheese (laughs).
But I am well aware of how lucky I am at my age to have already travelled a great deal and to have discovered other cultures while living my passion.

- swissinfo.ch: When you were younger did you ever imagine you would have this kind of career?
- S.L.: When I started skating at the age of seven, I wanted to be the best, to become a great champion and to be able to travel. Today I am very close to this ideal. If I had to start over again I would do exactly the same things again. I have no regrets.
I'm lucky to have parents who have always supported me and to have found a team to work with whom I can entirely trust. It's partly down to these people that I've been able to realise my childhood dreams.
cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 05 Oct 2009, 14:37

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/artic...YxglOc0QPzvoK6Q

Ex-champ Lambiel shines on comeback in Japan Open

SAITAMA, Japan — Two-time world champion Stephane Lambiel underlined his comeback to competition by powering Europe to victory in the Japan Open invitational team event here Saturday.
The 24-year-old Swiss touched the ice after nailing a quadruple toeloop and missed a triple in his opening combination. But he went on to collect 150.52 points to top the men's table.

The annual free-skating contest -- featuring two men and two women each from Europe, North America and hosts Japan -- provided a ground for skaters to test their new programmes at the start of the Olympic season.

"I'm very satisfied with my performance. It was not perfect and I still have to work hard for the Olympics," Lambiel said after his second competition of the season.

The 2005 and 2006 world champion and Turin Olympic silver medalist retired last year because of a lingering adductor muscle injury. But he has come back to go for the gold at the Vancouver Olympics in February.....

Results

1. Europe - 464.03: Stephane Lambiel (SUI) 150.52, Samuel Contesti (ITA) 117.49, Laura Lepisto (FIN) 110.86, Elena Glebova (EST) 85.16
2. North America - 463.90: Jeffrey Buttle (CAN) 142.26, Jeremy Abbott (USA) 132.87, Joannie Rochette (CAN) 126.39, Beatrisa Liang (USA) 62.38
3. Japan - 434.17: Takahiko Kozuka 130.13, Takeshi Honda 109.58, Mao Asada 102.94, Yukari Nakano 91.52
cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 05 Oct 2009, 14:39

Daisuke Takahashi - new SP in exhibition at the "2009 Carnival on Ice" show Sunday in Tokyo, Japan...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odGbhBKc-7E

--------------------------------------------------

2009 Japan Open - Jeremy Abbott FS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQtdfxMQvgA

cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 09 Oct 2009, 06:20

Takahashi returns to competition at Finlandia Trophy
Japanese skater is the favorite in the men's event

(10/07/2009) - The 2009 Finlandia Trophy in Vantaa, Finland, promises to be an exciting competition with high-level skating in this Olympic season.

Almost exactly one year after suffering a severe knee injury, Japan's Daisuke Takahashi will come back to competition in Finland this weekend. The 2007 world silver medalist missed the entire 2008-2009 season as he underwent knee surgery to repair ligament damage suffered in a practice fall end of October 2008.

While Takahashi, if back in form, is the top contender, he faces strong challengers, such as two-time and reigning European bronze medalist Kevin van der Perren of Belgium, up and coming world junior silver medalist Michal Brezina of the Czech Republic, Russian champion Sergei Voronov and 2007 world junior champion Stephen Carriere(USA).

Carriere will compete in his first international event since switching coaches to Priscilla Hill. U.S. skater Alexander Johnson, a Junior Grand Prix finalist last year, is entering his first senior-level international event. Twenty men have been entered for the competition. Olympic champion Evgeni Plushenko said earlier this year that he was planning to compete at Finlandia Trophy, but he is now going to a national competition in Perm, Russia, this weekend....

... rest of text, here:
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp...6&vkey=ice_news

---------------------------------------------------------

Oda enters Olympic year with strong programs

... "I am glad [Takahashi] will skate this season," Oda said. "I think its very good for me, actually, so we can get better [by competing with] each other. It's a great thing to compete at the national level [against] so many good skaters.

"Plus, Stéphane Lambiel and Evgeni Plushenko are coming back also. I think it's very good for me to just focus on myself. That's all I have to do. And just stay calm and in control."

... rest of text, here:
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp...6&vkey=ice_news
cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 09 Oct 2009, 06:25

http://www.sports.ru/others/figure-skat ... 63032.html

Стефан Ламбьель: «В прошлом году в октябре даже не мог кататься»

Швейцарский фигурист Стефан Ламбьель рассказал о турнире «Небельхорн Трофи», короткой программе и вспомнил завершение карьеры в прошлом году.

«Хорошо провел время в Оберстдорфе и тронут поддержкой болельщиков. Сезон только начался, поэтому очень доволен своим выступлением.

В прошлом году в октябре я даже не мог кататься – чувствовал боль и постоянно занимался с физиотерапевтом. Понял, что выхода нет, я не хотел разрушить свое тело, мог больше никогда не выйти на лед, а мне хочется кататься вечно. Был вынужден прислушаться к своему телу. Два месяца отдыхал, а затем снова начал кататься.

Все, связанное с короткой программой, получилось быстро и легко. По сути, ее подготовка заняла три дня. Всегда хотел использовать эту музыку. Она напоминает мне «Тома и Джерри» и другие мультфильмы. Каждый знает ее, поэтому в ней такая сила. Мы хотели сделать что-то смешное и развлекательное, но классное. Я очень счастлив от конечного результата», – рассказал Ламбьель в интервью Absolute Skating.

-------------------------

.... whole interview "In the locker room with Stéphane Lambiel" by Nadin Vernon, you can read here:
http://www.absoluteskating.com/interviews/...ambiel-nht.html
cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 10 Oct 2009, 03:59

Finlandia Trophy 2009
Vantaa 8.10.2009 - 11.10.2009

Men - Short Program

1 Daisuke TAKAHASHI JPN 83.23 44.85 39.38 7.96 7.58 8.00 7.88 7.96 1.00 #10
2 Stephen CARRIERE USA 70.22 38.17 32.05 6.54 6.21 6.42 6.46 6.42 0.00 #15
3 Sergei VORONOV RUS 68.50 35.15 33.35 6.92 6.42 6.71 6.67 6.63 0.00 #3 *\*
4 Kristoffer BERNTSSON SWE 66.87 36.15 30.72 6.13 5.79 6.25 6.13 6.42 0.00 #18
5 Daisuke MURAKAMI JPN 64.26 35.18 29.08 6.29 5.58 5.83 5.75 5.63 0.00 #14
6 Michal BREZINA CZE 62.89 32.93 30.96 6.29 5.96 6.25 6.21 6.25 1.00 #16
7 Konstantin MENSHOV RUS 62.07 31.91 30.16 6.33 5.79 6.00 6.04 6.00 0.00 #11

--------------------------------------------------------

Daisuke TAKAHASHI SP - Tango 'Eye' ( Coba) Finlandia Trophy 2009 Men

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTnyA7NVZ9E

- download this video by tamriko (from http://forum.fsonline.ru/index.php?showtopic=722&st=120 )
http://www.mediafire.com/?d2ydtmzhyyh

.. second homevideo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjCYcmrLJUE

--------------------------------------------------------------

... other skaters videos:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Hannaxxxxxx#g/u
cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 10 Oct 2009, 05:20

Denis Ten SP - Cup of Russia II Rostelecom, Perm 2009

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pBQt-744mc

cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 12 Oct 2009, 05:56

cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 12 Oct 2009, 06:11

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Columnists/Bu ... 1-sun.html

Chan faces uphill battle in quest for gold

The Canadian Olympic Committee might consider confiscating a cave somewhere in the Pacific Coast Mountains to hide away a few of their athletes leading up to the 2010 Vancouver Games.

Because for some -- including Toronto skater Patrick Chan -- the pressure could be overbearing.

In fact, Chan may be under more pressure than any Canadian athlete in Vancouver.

He competes in an individual sport, a sport that is truly beloved by a large segment of the Canadian population (unlike, say, luge or biathlon), he is all of 18 years old and the expectations for him to win a gold medal are high but, frankly, somewhat unrealistic.

Yes, he is the defending world figure skating championship silver-medallist. But that was his first taste of the podium at a worlds.

He is an artistic and accomplished skater, but has yet to perform a quad in competition and, though he is currently working on one and is capable of putting together a winning performance without one, his routine would have to be near-perfect and all the other contenders would have to skate sub-par, in order to win the gold medal.

And then there is the Evgeni Plushenko factor.

Any chance Chan had of winning the gold in Vancouver on Feb. 18 suffered a severe setback with the announcement that Plushenko, the 2006 Olympic Games king, four-time Grand Prix final gold medallist and three-time world champion, was returning to compete in Vancouver.

Plushenko is one of the all-time greats in the event and an instant contender for the gold, earning a total of 70 perfect 6.0's (prior to the implementation of the new judging system) during his career.

TECHNICAL MARVEL

He is a technical marvel on the ice, landing close to 100 quads in competition, including a number of firsts in combination.

And he is not exactly Chris Chelios on figure skates. Plushenko is 26.

The exciting news is, Chan, and the rest of the figure skating world, will get a chance to see where Plushenko is, in terms of his preparation, at the Rostelecom Cup (formerly the Cup of Russia) in two weeks in Moscow. Chan and Plushenko will both open their Grand Prix seasons at the event. (Chan will also compete at Skate Canada International, Nov. 19-22, in Kitchener).

For a while, it seemed the men's skating competition in Vancouver would be a three-horse field between Chan, defending world champion Evan Lysacek of the U.S., and 2007 world champion Brian Joubert. But now it could be one of the most competitive men's finals in Olympic history, with the inclusion of Plushenko and two-time world champion and 2006 Olympic silver-medallist Stephane Lambiel of Switzerland. Lambiel also announced his return to competitive skating this summer and recently won the Nebelhorn Trophy in Oberstdorf, Germany.

As many as nine skaters now have a shot at a podium finish in Vancouver.

Chan is hopeful that the quad will be a regular part of his arsenal by the time Vancouver rolls around.

He is also unveiling a new long program this season, performed to The Phantom of the Opera and choreographed by Lori Nichol. New routines are always a gamble, but Nichol is considered one the best choreographers in the world and the program is supposed to showcase Chan's maturity.

Still, the odds are pretty stacked against Chan winning a gold in Vancouver. But in his favour, the Ottawa-born skater has never been one to back away from pressure and may, in fact, rise to the occasion at the Games. He is not exactly a shrinking violet, as demonstrated at last year's worlds when he slammed Joubert for the Frenchman's criticism of Canada's Jeff Buttle, who beat out Joubert for the world title in 2008.

If Chan puts in a quad, and skates to his potential, a medal is realistic. The gold, not so much.
cekoni
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Мир фигурного катания || Figure Skating