Russian news translated into English

Любим! Надеемся! Верим!
We love you! We believe in you!

Russian news translated into English

Postby cekoni » 02 Oct 2009, 02:37

:plush8:

Since we expect a lot of texts in Russian newspapers about Evgeni in future on competitions, and that would not happen to be Russian news "congested" with English translations, here is a new "ON Ice" topic :plush1: :plush4:

On topics related to a specific competition, I will continue to post (shortly) in english - schedule of Evgeni's performances and results, because easier orientation. :-):

Older translations (related to training and performances on ice to this day) you can find on other "together" topics (Russian/English) :mi_ga_et:

News "OFF the ice" will remain on common themes, together with the Russian texts. :a_g_a:
cekoni
Administrator

Re: Evgeni ON Ice - Russian texts translated into English

Postby cekoni » 02 Oct 2009, 03:00

"Russian Cup" stage II - Perm, Russia 6-10 october

October 9
16:45-18:30 - MEN, short programs

October 10
13:30-15:45 - MEN, long programs

Zhenya's official competitive start! :plush1: :plush4: :chir_lider: :k_i_n_g:

:plush12: :plush8: Good luck, Evgeni! :bra_vo:

---------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.allsportinfo.ru/index.php?id=32480

Together with Evgeni Plushenko at the "Russian Cup" in Perm were Andrei Lutai, Arthur Gachinsky and Sergei Dobrin

6-10 October in Perm will host the second stage of the "Russian cup" in figure skating. In the competition attend the Olympic champion Evgeni Plushenko, for whom this will be the first start of the official competition after a three-year hiatus. This is for "All Sport" said the chairman of the executive committee of the Figure Skating Federation for Perm's region, Alexei Tyuryukanov.

"At the second stage of the "Russian Cup" will perform a strongest skaters in Russia. In Men, it is an Olympic champion Evgeni Plushenko, Andrei Lutai, Arthur Gachinsky, Sergei Dobrin, Artem Borodulin, Ivan Tretyakov ...

This year, we decided to change the ice rink for the figure skating competition. Before they took place at the Palais des Sports "Orlenok", and now held in sports hall "Neftyanik". He has all the technical standards for such competitions."
cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 02 Oct 2009, 03:46

http://sport.baltinfo.ru/news/Plyuschen ... sta-105780

Plushenko's early added in the Olympic team - the coach of skater

Olympic champion 2006, the multiple worlds and Europeans champion, Petersburg's figure skater Evgeni Plushenko together with the other candidates for the Olympic team of Russia for the 2010 Games in Vancouver, showed in the suburban Odintsovo his Olympic program.

Confident skating and a variety of quadruple jumps, forced newspapers, that already now include Plushenko in the national team. However, the coach of famous figure skater's, Alexei Mishin has asked, that yet not give to Evgeni's advances - to be not hoodoo.

"National team, which will go to Vancouver, determined only in december, in the Championship of Russia. Until then, let's not build long-term plans. Yes, Evgeni is progressing, but at the national championship, it waits a lot of competition. One mistake, one gaffe - and... Needless a look ahead. Today, our goal - a successful performance at the competitions in Perm, another step in the chain of preparations for the Championship of Russia, and the Olympics "- Mishin said in an interview with the correspondent "BaltInfo".

In addition, not all yet clear, with the old traumas and injuries of Plushenko, which he has enough.

"Let's just say: we have some difficulties, with various injuries. But sport without injury, does not happen. I do not know, whether they interfere in the performances of Zhenya's - accurate predictions can be given yet. We will see",- said Mishin.

Plus, according to the coach, for those years, while Plushenko was "on vacation", the world figure skating was not standing on the one place.

"Sport does not tolerate stagnation. I would not like to name names of foreign skaters, who have made an impression on me, but a single male skating, of course, develops. Someone gaining in speed, someone - in performance components: steps or jumps ... And in this regard, to Plushenko's ahead to overtake for today's athletes - and in terms of endurance, and in some technical aspects", - noticed Mishin.

Recall, the Championship of Russian figure skating, by which results will be defined composition of the Olympic team of Russia, will take place in the northern capital, from 23 to 27 December.
cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 02 Oct 2009, 05:43

http://www.championat.ru/other/article-40213.html

Zakarian: earlier in Zhenya's was youthful maximalism

Ararat Zakarian - a man known in the world of figure skating. In the past - the skater of the Soviet national team. Now - producer of ice shows and agent Evgeni's Plushenko. Do not take this opportunity and do not talk with this famous person, would be a crime. Especially, since we met at the Nebelhorn Trophy.

- Ari, about the return of Evgeni talked a lot, but even in the summer, few believed in it. When you believe, that "comeback" is really possible?
- In April, during last year's tour, which we organized together with violinist Edvin Marton. When I saw Evgeni, how in one show makes six triple axels, then I realized that he was determined to return to the amateur sports.

- If you argue with a cool head, as an athlete in Zhenya has it all. Olympic gold, the other major titles. Many wonder, why that him?
- I know Zhenya's already 13 years, shared with him and happy moments and bad moments, lived his every victory, as my own. I can say, that such act - in his character. He is a unique person, extra-gifted. Genius of its kind. It was evident, that Zhenya's eager to compete again, that him lacks struggle. Olympics - a serious stimulus, a serious challenge.

- Do you want to say, that no one helped to Evgeni's take the decision? For instance, Russian Federation of figure skating, no doubt, was keen to back, such a strong athlete.
- Russian's single skaters, of course, weakly look on his background. And, although Evgeni is not explicitly mentioned this, I think, the situation in the national team has one more reason, to return and restore Russian figure skating, to worthy position. He is a patriot, a true, sincere. But force him, not could nobody. Plushenko is not such a man. Although, I know that his wife had played an important role in this decision. Supported her husband.

- To you now, work with Plushenko is perhaps interesting, but difficult.
- There are such moments. Here, at the Nebelhorn Trophy, as soon as I appear, by views I immediately felt: "Well, well, let's..." Mindset visible - many not well-intentioned. People, who do not want to Plushenko returned. Do not want to see a strong Russian's national team. But we now this ignore. My task as an agent - the maximum professionalism. Working hours - 24 hours a day.

- The other side of such fame - the name, under which you can put on a show.
- Yes, and we've been doing this past few years. The most successful tour was last year. In Prague, doing three shows a year. Madonna, after one concert, have a break of three years. And we have - three in one year, and all - sold out, for each - tickets is completely sold out. So what the brand "Plushenko" is gaining momentum with each passing year. Standing ovations for 10 minutes every night, no kidding. After the Olympics, we plan to make a new tour with the best figure skaters. In particular, by the way, with the main competitors of Zhenya's, who have already given the nod to participate.

- About the new plans would like to hear more.
- Start going to tour in Switzerland, immediately after the Olympics. Those skaters, who will go to the Championship of the World, not take part, they will join later. And already, in the second part of the tour, we will definitely been doing in Russia.

- In Russia in the past few years, almost all the ice show associated with "Ice Age". You are not afraid of competition?
- Ilya Averbukh has done a very good job. Squeezed out of this project all possible. Topic was successful - the audience likes the show with the stars, full of intrigue. And the participants - good fellows, not sparing themself, trained, to show interesting programs. But our show is very different. I hope, interfere with each other will not, and who knows, eventually, we decide and about the joint project. However, the difficulties in Russia really is. The local promoters. They are afraid to take such shows. Believed, that people do not understand. But, I am sure, that interest for the performance of professional skaters in our country is, and the interest is enormous.

- And he is likely now will only grow - because of the return Plushenko, and the Olympic season ...
- Of course, this is now more relevant, than ever. The tour we will do in any case - regardless of the results on the Games. The tour around the world, show of champions. Emphasis is on professionalism. Athletes will show the best sports programs, full of elements. Do not just go out, and dance to the music. I'm going to prescribe it in the contracts. If a person who goes on the ice, unable to perform complex elements, and skating with half-strength, it will affect on the amount of the fee.

- And when you bring champions in Russia?
- I think, already by mid-April. We are going to be in all major cities. Let's see, of course, it will depend of issue with the organizers and sponsors.

- Let's finish the conversation, with one more issue, about the hope of Russian's national team. Evgeni Plushenko, in times of the Olympics in Turin, and Vancouver 2010. How he has changed, in your opinion?
- Now, this is a true professional. Previously, in Zhenya's was certain youthful maximalism. Now, he is an adult, mature man, with his thoughts and his opinions. He can be very demanding to others. But and towards itself, too. If need be, he can deny himself many things, to achieve the main goal. He went very long way as an athlete, as a man during these four years. Some for such, required decade.
cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 02 Oct 2009, 05:57

http://www.newsvm.com/news/27/58573/

... You can already say, that Evgeni Plushenko finally returned to the sport?

- Mishin: "Yes. He is almost in the same form, in which ended the skater's career. We have ahead a Championship of Russia, let's see, if he break through to the Olympics..."

--------------------------------------------

http://www.interfax.by/article/52665

Arthur Gachinski:

"... When Evgeni skates, you learn, even when just looking at his movement and jumping, and it's great. When Plushenko skates, I am often also on the ice. Personal advice he not gives, but to me, this did not particularly need: it is enough just to look at him. Do I have enough attention from coach? Yes..."
cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 02 Oct 2009, 06:55

http://sport-weekend.com/index.php?opti ... 4&Itemid=1

Interesting parts from interview with Yana Rudkovskaya... :mi_ga_et:

.... - Probably, you not have time left with each other?
- Well, why, on Sunday, no one has repealed (smiles).

- And how you spend them?
- Sometimes just walking around town or playing in a bowling alley, go for mushrooms. By the way, Zhenya and I love them very much to collect. These joint campaigns are all of us became friends, we frequented go in the woods with family of Mishin. And, of course, when I see that after training Zhenya is tired and needs rest, we stay home.

Zhenya have tremendous willpower

- It's true, that you Zhenya's persuaded to return to amateur ice?
- When we met, he was only 24 years old. I then asked him, why he left so early from the sport - his actions seemed to me illogical.

- And what he did say?
- Said that he was very tired, that is not easy of his four years every day to go to a training rink. But, else and injuries have played a major role in his decision to withdraw from the sport. However, he wanted to go back, and even tried to do it - in the last, and the year before. We, with his coach Alexei Mishin, also wanted. And finally he came back - unfortunately, only in 2009, and I believe that this happened even late. But better ever, than never ...

.... - But during the preparation, he nothing not be able to earn.
- Always have to sacrifice something. Yes, Zhenya now nothing earns. He has to his funds to invest training, because the Federation, unfortunately, can not provide to the athlete, all necessary.....

- The result?
- He has a tremendous force of will. Now he sits on the strictest diets. Evgeni called me the other day and said: "Imagine, I now have record weight - 71 kilograms. I even, nor in Turin was not weighed so much."....
Every day he gets up at 8 am and goes to the gym. In breaks rests directly in the car. We now live in the countryside, and between workouts, he does not have time to get home. Zhenya since started training, not as an Olympic champion, but as an ordinary athlete - on an equal footing with the other guys, he overcame in his mind, that he is champion. Started from zero. You agree, that on such a step, can go only a very strong person ....

... - Plushenko's will be difficult to compete with his a competitors.
- That is why, Zhenya must to be head above all, to compete, not with someone, than only with itself. He must make very difficult programs, that all elements in them were on the top level. Then simply, no one can find fault in his skating. He wants to have it in stock were additional points. But the main thing - to be morally and physically ready for the Olympics in Vancouver. All the guys, almost equally versed in the technical sense, because in training they are doing everything. One time, Zhenya managed to emerge victorious in a tense psychological battle for Olympic gold, but now he needs to do it again. And this is the most difficult. But the main thing - nobody, except himself, in this not be able to help him. But, Zhenya have special techniques, unique, which he periodically uses. Opponents fear him, not so much technically, but in psychological terms, knowing, that on the ice he is capable performing miracles. Zhenya is unique, that he can itself so set to win, like aynone other...
cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 03 Oct 2009, 08:01

http://sportpanorama.by/content/other_kinds/10336/

Alexei Mishin: we were going for victory

- Whether is realistic Olympic chances of Evgeni Plushenko?
- Zhenya has good moves, clever, refers to his skating with a certain degree of humor. This suggests, that he has a young soul.

- For Olympics, he will be in full battle form?
- ... For the young is a great happiness, that Zhenya is back and skating beside, because the coaching is not only me, than and the atmosphere itself.

- Do not offensive, that you are often perceived as a coach of Plushenko's?
- Always is sports stars brighter, than his coach. And in fact there is no jealousy, and I just make friends with the athletes, and for many years. What do I need more? The students raised on pedestals tournaments at the highest level. This they must to win one more medal....
cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 05 Oct 2009, 14:12

http://prm.ru/sport/2009-10-05/40934

This week, the strongest Russian skaters gather in Perm

This week, from 6 to 10 October in Perm will meet the country's strongest skaters, including Olympic champion Evgeni Plushenko, had returned recently to the amateur sport. Competitions in the second phase of the "Russian Cup" will be held in sports hall "Neftyanik".

The first day of the tournament will draw participants and will begin competition dancing couples.

October 7, Dance couples will perform the original dance, and held the first competitions in the categories of girls and women.

On Thursday in "Neftyanik", will begins all most interesting. This day will be permanently contested awards among girls, women, and dance couples.

October 9 will be marked by the exit to the ice Evgeni Plushenko. On this day - boys, Men and Pairs skate a short program.

Competitions ends on Saturday. That day will be played the last set of awards, and then held a solemn ceremony of rewarding.

We must say, that the pleasure to behold the best skaters of the country, for the Permian's viewers will not the cheapest. On the first day tickets will cost 300 rubles, for the next two - 600. When in the ice will come the Olympic champion, the price will rise to 800 rubles, and on the final day of competition tickets will cost $ 1000.

Except Plushenko, at "Russian Cup" in Perm, perform and such skaters as Andrei Lutai, Arthur Gachinsky, brothers Sergei and Artem Borodulin...
cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 06 Oct 2009, 18:46

http://www.mk.ru/sport/publications/362398.html

Plushenko listened hockey player

The first official start of Olympic champion after his return, will be in tuesday in Perm (mistake: in friday ::yaz-yk: )

Today in Perm, starts the second stage of the "Russian Cup" in figure skating. Event, within the Russian scale, but approximating us to the world - the return to the ice, Evgeni Plushenko. Perm - this is the first official start of Olympic champion, after a three-year hiatus.

In ice sports complex "Neftyanik", we will see not only Evgeni Plushenko - in Cup, perform and many well-known figure skaters. From men will come to compete Andrei Lutai, Arthur Gachinsky, Artem Borodulin, Sergei Dobrin ... And Plushenko did not underestimate his rivals, realizing that in the Olympic season - all is preparing seriously.

All have long figured: if Plushenko will return and win in Vancouver the second Olympic gold, he will become the first athlete since Dick Button, who won twice at the Olympics in men's single skating (1948, 1952). But, by Evgeni's own admission, to him is much closer example of Artur Dmitriev, the double Olympic champion in pair skating.

- "I always admired Artur's, with his will, and ability to overcome obstacles. And now, when I went on the already passed Dmitriev's path, I admire to him even more. We just recently met, talked, he wished me good luck. And yet, my friend, hockey player Aleksei Zhamnov has three Olympic medals, from the different steps of the pedestal. When I came second in Salt Lake City, he said: "Should be more." When I was the first in Turin, he said: "I've got a three medals, come back and win another one." What can I do?"

Plushenko was not alone, in its quest to return to the Olympic pedestal. Returned to the amateur ice Sasha Cohen, as says Alexei Mishin, "beating wings" Michelle Kwan.... She is not Evgeni's competitor, but gone last year, and again now already come Stephane Lambiel - a real competitor, which is added to a group of talented colleagues, led by highly experienced Brian Joubert, by his own statement, dreaming about an Olympic medal from his seventeen years.

Two-time world champion, Swiss Stephane Lambiel, recently won the Olympic qualifying tournament in Oberstdorf, and won for Switzerland one place in the men's singles skating, in the Olympic Games in Vancouver. "This was my first tournament for eighteen months, so I felt some pressure. But, these eighteen months have helped me, become better. "

Lambiel has always been good, but left, referring to health. "I can not work properly with the 70 percent, which allows me the health. This leads to conflict with sports. My goal - to restore physical abilities. Then I can show my feelings, with greater freedom. I will continue to communicate with Viktor Petrenko, who helps me in work, and in the future. I want to explore new territory, I want to work with new choreography."

Today, experts already said, that the Swiss really looks different. Even and Brian Joubert could not resist a comment: "Now Lambiel - it is not Lambiel from season 2005/2006, interesting to watch him."

Plushenko remembers Lambiel's. As, however, and the others, for whom the coach Alexei Mishin has an accurate description: a group ascendant genius, each of which is strong, in its own way.

- "From whom to be afraid? Very difficult question", - says Zhenya... (following quotes from his earlier interviews about Joubert, Lysacek, Chan, Takahashi, Contesti, Lambiel.... :mi_ga_et: ) .... "In all of these skaters have disadvantages and, of course, a lot of pluses. It is difficult to predict. And no need: I already, can not watch them, with the side. I must do, my own tasks - clearly and in stages. No, I can not say, that I feel the Olympic calm. I know: all look, discuss, enjoy, or make ironic comments. Yes, someone is waiting for mistakes, failures. But, toward to this, I am calm. Until february, a lot of time left. Perm - serious competition. And the act must, also seriously."
cekoni
Administrator

Re: Evgeni ON Ice - Russian newspapers translated into English

Postby cekoni » 08 Oct 2009, 01:39

http://www.allsportinfo.ru/index.php?id=32671

Evgeni Plushenko at "Russian Cup" in Perm will show a short program as fourth

October 7, at the second stage of the "Russian Cup" in figure skating in Perm was drawing the short program in men and juniors, who will compete on October 9. Olympic champion Evgeni Plushenko, who was the first time, after a three-year break will come on the ice in the official competition, received the fourth seed number

In juniors, who will perform by the program of candidates for master of sports, participation in competitions will take 31 skater. At the opening of the short program, we will see main discovery, in the world figure skating in the pre-Olympic winter season, 16-year-old Denis Ten from Kazakhstan, who took eighth place at the World Champhionship 2009 in Los Angeles. The seventh will be released on the ice, son og twice Olympic champion Artur Dmitriev - Artur Dmitriev Jr....

In men's competition, who will perform by the program of masters of sports, announced 14 skaters. Will open a short program, silver medalist of the Universiade-2009, the 2009 Championship of Russia, and 2008 World Championship among juniors, Artem Borodulin. Third on the ice will come silver medalist of Russian Championship 2009 among juniors, the winner of the fourth phase of the 2009 Junior Grand Prix, Arthur Gachinsky. Behind him, at number four, the first time after a three-year break, the ice will Olympic champion Evgeni Plushenko...

The second stage of the Cup of Russia - Perm, October 9

Short program. The order of release on the ice (16:45 - 18:30)

Men

1. Artem Borodulin (Moscow)
2. Denis Leushin (Moscow)
3. Arthur Gachinsky (Saint-Petersburg)
4. Evgeni Plushenko (Saint-Petersburg) :bra_vo: :plush45:
5. Ivan Tretyakov. 6. Alexander Stepanov (both - Moscow). 7. Daniel Thymine (Kirov). 8. Roman Usatov (St. Petersburg). 9. Alexander Nikolaev (Moscow). 10. Alexander Korovin (Pervouralsk). 11. Timothy Obleuhov. 12. Maxim Sheplonov. 13. Andrei Lutai (all - St. Petersburg). 14. Sergei Chugai (Leningrad reg.)
cekoni
Administrator

Next

Return to Всё о Жене || Everything about Evgeni