Другие интересные новости || Other interesting news

Любим! Надеемся! Верим!
We love you! We believe in you!

Re: Другие интересные новости || Other interesting news

Postby cekoni » 26 Nov 2011, 18:43

let`s talk wrote:... I just see how Liza saying "Evgeni", or "Evgeni Viktorovich". Oh, I'd love to see Plush's reaction on that ;;-))) ! ...

Also! :-) ... he would probably think that she is mad at him ;;-)))
cekoni
Administrator

Postby Kudryavka » 26 Nov 2011, 21:36

let`s talk wrote:Technically and literally "Zhenya" is not a nickname but a diminutive.

Until today, I thought "Zhenya" is just a nickname but "Zhnika" or "Zhenechka" is a diminutive (...what a difficult spelling :-) ) ,,, So your explain is very interesting to me :plush40: Depthful and inetersting Russian culture :plush31:

Nicknames are just shortened forms of proper names and nothing more.

Like "Plyu"?

Diminutives by semantic extensions indicate affection, youth, familiarity, established friendship, etc. The age is irrelevant. Addressing people by their full names, especially with patronymics, is too formal and in some situations- even ridiculous.

In Russian addressing is rather subjective and mainly depends on the relationships between people and sometimes on the event/situation. :-):

As for Mishin, Zhenya calls him "Alexei Nikolaevich" in front of media, and never calls "Lyosha" or "Alyosha". Is this because they are a master and pupil? If so, I can understand. You know, Japanese also never call teacher by nickname or first name and diminutive in front of teacher (but in out of sight of teachers, we often called them by nickname.. yes) ;;-)))

I just see how Liza saying "Evgeni", or "Evgeni Viktorovich". Oh, I'd love to see Plush's reaction on that ;;-)))

wait wait. Just "Evgeni" is also too formal?? :plush38: I was thinking "Evgeni Victorovich" is formal but "Evgeni" is normal. OMG. I became a little wiser after reading your post :plush39: (by the way, as far as I know "Evgeni" "Evgeni Plushenko" "Evgeni Viktorovich Plushenko" "Evgeni Viktorovich" "Zhenya" "Zhenya Plushenko" are right. Is "Zhenya Viktorovich" wrong?)
He didn't compete for three years, but as soon as I saw him, I knew that there was a true Olympic Champion on the ice. - Takahiko Kozuka, Rostelecom Cup 2009
Kudryavka

Postby Kudryavka » 26 Nov 2011, 22:00

cekoni wrote:
let`s talk wrote:... I just see how Liza saying "Evgeni", or "Evgeni Viktorovich". Oh, I'd love to see Plush's reaction on that ;;-))) ! ...

Also! :-) ... he would probably think that she is mad at him ;;-)))

This is totally unrelated question and maybe I shouldn't ask it here. But I always wonder why South Slavs don't have patronym (such as Victorovich), but surnames are often -vich. -vich are vestigial patronym of ancestors? :plush38:
He didn't compete for three years, but as soon as I saw him, I knew that there was a true Olympic Champion on the ice. - Takahiko Kozuka, Rostelecom Cup 2009
Kudryavka

Postby cekoni » 26 Nov 2011, 22:01

Kudryavka wrote:As for Mishin, Zhenya calls him "Alexei Nikolaevich" in front of media, and never calls "Lyosha" or "Alyosha". Is this because they are a master and pupil? If so, I can understand. You know, Japanese also never call teacher by nickname or first name and diminutive in front of teacher (but in out of sight of teachers, we often called them by nickname.. yes) ;;-)))

"Alexei Nikolaevich" is a sign of respect :a_g_a: ... Misin a nickname is the "boss" (as you already know) :mi_ga_et:

... Is "Zhenya Viktorovich" wrong?)

You are sooooooooo deeeeeeeeep :-)
cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 26 Nov 2011, 22:27

Kudryavka wrote:... why South Slavs don't have patronym (such as Victorovich), but surnames are often -vich. -vich are vestigial patronym of ancestors? :plush38:

Once and we have same custom - now, no longer :mi_ga_et:

Our surnames are the possessive addition from some ancestor's name... but we have and surnames by his occupation (one of my ancestors was certainly made ​​padlocks :-) )

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/-i%C4%87
Suffix appended to words to create a masculine noun, usually to form a diminutive or to denote a family name.
cekoni
Administrator

Postby let`s talk » 27 Nov 2011, 16:47

Kudryavka wrote:Until today, I thought "Zhenya" is just a nickname but "Zhnika" or "Zhenechka" is a diminutive (...what a difficult spelling :-) ) ,,, So your explain is very interesting to me :plush40: Depthful and inetersting Russian culture :plush31:
The linguistic terminology in languages are not always the same. The English "nickname" is a rather wide term and actually covers replacements for or additions to proper names, as well as hypocorisms, i.e. contracted forms of given names, and diminutives as part of hypocorisms. So, basically in English everything that is not in your passport is your nickname. In Russian the nickname, i.e "прозвище, кличка", is something that is used instead of the name or any form of it. Like Catherine the Great, where "the Great" is a nickname. Or "Tsar/Царь" when we speak about Plush :hi_hi_hi: . The hypocorism, i.e. уменьшительное имя, "Zhenya" for example, as well as its diminutive "Zhenechka" or "Zhenyusha" and a bunch of others, are used in conversations, informal situations, to express the friendly attitude, affection or just equal social status. But I don't think this jungle of terminology is actually important.
As for Mishin, Zhenya calls him "Alexei Nikolaevich" in front of media, and never calls "Lyosha" or "Alyosha". Is this because they are a master and pupil?
Plush met Mishin when he was 11 year old boy. At that moment for him all adults, not teachers only, were ".... ....-ich". They are people of two different generations. The fact that they are a master and a pupil could be an additional factor why their way of addressing each other hasn't change since then. For Liza Zhenya is more like an elder brother than a father :a_g_a: , so it's quite normal that she calls him "Zhenya" :mi_ga_et:.

I was thinking "Evgeni Victorovich" is formal but "Evgeni" is normal. OMG. I became a little wiser after reading your post :plush39: (by the way, as far as I know "Evgeni" "Evgeni Plushenko" "Evgeni Viktorovich Plushenko" "Evgeni Viktorovich" "Zhenya" "Zhenya Plushenko" are right. Is "Zhenya Viktorovich" wrong?)
Exactly, "Evgeni" is just normal, i.e. neutral, something that doesn't carry the factor of established friendship and informal attitude. "Evgeni Viktorovich" is formal, and since it is, you can't use any hypocorisms, like "Zhenya" or somesuch. Only a proper name- "Evgeni Viktorovich", never "Zhenya Viktorovich" (still some people with wicked sense of humour can do that!).

Evgeni is a rather popular name in Western culture. It has the Greek origin and means "noble". The wiki page has a long list of notable people in various fields, and of various nationalities, with this name. The field "Sport" has 25 people, 5 of them are Russians, one of which is a figure skater- Evgeni Plushenko. In spite of its old history, the name "Evgeni" came quite late to the Russian language- in 19th century, and was mainly used among aristoctrats in its French version "Eugene", due to its pronunciation "Zhenya" "showed up". :plush45:
"Осторожно! Фанатка ЕП и ДТ" (weir.ru about let`s talk)

These users thanked the author let`s talk for the post (total 4):
Kudryavka (01 Dec 2011, 06:12) • lala630312 (27 Nov 2011, 21:43) • whitebamboo (27 Nov 2011, 21:28) • lovplush (27 Nov 2011, 18:28)
Rating: 16.67%

let`s talk

Postby cekoni » 30 Nov 2011, 03:56

Today at 5:42 pm:
http://vk.com/wall-31179831_46

ХК "Черные Медведи":
Евгений Плющенко передает привет "Черным Медведям" и желает им победы в предстоящем студенческом чемпионате!

Evgeni Plushenko sends greetings to "Black Bears" and wish them victory in the upcoming Student Championships!

"Black Bears" are student hockey team, and it seems that they also train in "Yubileyni" :plush45:

These users thanked the author cekoni for the post:
simona (30 Nov 2011, 07:46)
Rating: 4.17%

cekoni
Administrator

Postby simona » 30 Nov 2011, 11:31

Image GOOO BLACK BEARS!

ImageImageImageImageImage

simona

Postby cekoni » 05 Dec 2011, 08:28

That cat did not kill Plushy, than screen of computer! ;;-)))

Isis killing Plushenko:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PW8kZuMIcQY

These users thanked the author cekoni for the post (total 4):
Таня (06 Dec 2011, 08:10) • Виктория (05 Dec 2011, 23:31) • simona (05 Dec 2011, 15:54) • lala630312 (05 Dec 2011, 11:36)
Rating: 16.67%

cekoni
Administrator

Postby simona » 05 Dec 2011, 09:28

Image HASTA LA VISTA PC SCREEN! BYE! BYE!

cekoni wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PW8kZuMIcQY
That cat did not kill Plushy, than screen of computer! ;;-)))

:-) ISIS WANTS 'WHISKAS' NO 'ARANJUEZ!'

ImageImageImageImageImage

These users thanked the author simona for the post (total 2):
Виктория (05 Dec 2011, 23:31) • lala630312 (05 Dec 2011, 11:36)
Rating: 8.33%

simona

PreviousNext

Return to Всё о Жене || Everything about Evgeni