Чемпионат Европы 2012 || European Championships 2012

Возвращение в спорт, тренировки, сборы, соревнования! || Comeback to sport, Training, Camps, Competitions

Re: Чемпионат Европы 2012 || European Championships 2012

Postby Leona » 05 Feb 2012, 17:24

Zhenya's skating proved a great gap between the former skaters and the new ones. Moreover there seems to be a lack of really great sportsmen in the other kinds of figure skating except a few ones. Our Russian coaches should better stop making all those dreadful ice shows that bored us to death and contribute to the development of our favorite kind of sport. Who remembers that E.Chaikovskaya used to be the greatest coach in the world? But everybody knows that A. Mishin, T. Moskvina, M. Zueva N. Morozov are the best! We do hope that the situation will change for the better.
Last edited by Leona on 06 Feb 2012, 18:21, edited 1 time in total.
Leona

Postby Zoya » 05 Feb 2012, 18:30

Photo heaven :co_ol: Thank you!!! :ki_ss:
Zoya

Postby cekoni » 06 Feb 2012, 05:56

Many thanks Darina and Dustman for so many big pics! :plush40:

------------------------------

:plush7:

On youtube is so many Plushy's videos :kli_ny: :hi_hi_hi: - so, they are now separated in 2 Playlists: :plush45:

2012 Euros / ЧЕ - TV: (44 videos)
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... e=view_all

2012 EC / ЧЕ - homevideos: (54 videos)
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... e=view_all

--------------------------------

Maybe this article was not here... :du_ma_et:

(Reuters) Plushenko shows he is still king of Europe:
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/28012012/ ... urope.html

These users thanked the author cekoni for the post (total 2):
lala630312 (07 Feb 2012, 00:32) • Таня (06 Feb 2012, 22:02)
Rating: 8.33%

cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 06 Feb 2012, 06:39

http://www.evgeniplushenko.it/index.php ... &Itemid=49

ONLY ONE WORD: PLUSHENKO

I tried in these days to find the right way to express how I felt but I always think to be trivial, repetitive,maybe because there have not been invented yet words to express for real the type of emotion that Evgeni Plushenko was capable to gift us all.

Evgeni has always made me happy. Every time I see him down on the ice skating, no matter if for a show or for a training, I experience a feeling of absolute harmony. But this was my first time in a competition with the presence of Evgeni, and was a long-cherished desire to be able to applaud him during a comp, be there to suffer, to wait, to exult. Never before like this particular time I realized that Evgeni has something more, a special indefinable “something” that can not be defined with only the talent, technique, even with artistic expression. Evgeni is will to succeed even when the obstacles seem too high, is the belief in himself without being let down by hasty or negative judgments, is the determination to face with courage the tests, the humility to make it even starting all over again.

Evgeni Plushenko in the European championships started from the qualification rounds, the skater who won everything put himself back into the sport from the lowest level, beginning with the first group. I arrived in Sheffield running without breathing just in time for the short program, with Elisabetta and Consuelo we crossed our fingers to be able to catch all flights and train transfers and at the end, when we finally entered the arena the first athlete of the first group was finishing his program. Just in time to sit back and to actually realize where are we and the heart starts beating furiously... Here we are, it's his turn to skate and my hands squeeze Elisabetta's one stronlgy. Triple toeloop triple toeloop combination, and the program goes on easily,with intensity, then a beautiful triple axel, the refined and elegant step sequence and Evgeni ends his routine while I still do not realize that it actually happened, I made it, I'm here! He didn't perform the quadruple toe-loop, but his followers are conscious that Evgeni is not in good shape. The left knee still hurts very much, and it's gonna be back to the hospital for another surgery soon. The only fact of his presence here is kind of a miracle, is the result of his steadfast determination. He finished the short program in second place,who did better than him was only Artur Gachinski, sharing an intense and well executed program. The following day we go to watch the practice, and Evgeni is really focused, he enters into the ice rink, begins to warm-up, try a few jumps. Then Mishin, from outside the ice, he raises his hand, waving his 4 fingers ... that's an indication to try the quad. Elisabetta understands the signal and make us to notice that so we are anxiously awaiting. Here is the preparation and the jump and the fast rotation, not a perfect landing, the fall. We tremble but Evgeni gets up quickly, takes up speed again and within seconds after he lands right in front of us a beautiful quad toe loop, and then one more, in combination with a triple toe-loop and again a beautiful triple axel. I reach the stars for happiness I feel in my heart that Evgeni will give us another demonstration of his greatness as an athlete during the free program, erasing in a minute, without too many words, doubts and criticisms that accompanied the last period of his career when heaters said: he is not gonna make it, he is too old than his opponents, he is gonna fail to catch up with the new regulations, he has no transitions skills and he is no longer as fast as he was in the past... I have always believed in him, because I am firmly convinced that Evgeni has a strong self confidence and never gives up. Everybody should be aware of it right now, after many years of career and many titles he won, but maybe someone needs one more demonstration about who is Plushenko.

Saturday morning at 6:30 a.m. we are on the supertram that brings us to the arena. We go inside,in the air spreads the music program of one of the competing athletes. Our heart is flooded with emotion, we sit in the bleachers close to the rink and after a while Evgeni takes the ice: he wears a brand new costume, black, elegant, his face is serious, focused, we feel the tension for the cometition just like he does, because this is a turning point and a confirmation for him. Some laps around the rink, some jumps. We observe him in silence, quivering of his own emotions ... in a few hours on freeskate we will know if our feelings are real: we see him ready and truly motivated. At the end of the practice session he stopped for a moment staring at the ice, immersed in thoughts that maybe we can imagine... And finally, the competition begins, athletes succeed one by one, we applaud, we participate, but our minds and our hearts are all addressed to him. Here he is warming up outside the ice rink, my hands tight to Consuelo and Elisabetta, the heartbeat accelerated. The music begins as well as the magic. First jump, a perfect quadruple we scream all together, and immediately after a beautiful triple axel followed by a triple toeloop. The excitement never seems to end. These are the longest four and a half minutes I've ever experienced. Evgeni skates easily gifting us a jump after another with a confidence that leaves us breathless. The song is in its own strings, a passionate tango, burning just like his sight which catches all the arena's attention to him. The circular step sequence is so beautiful that my eyes fill with tears of emotion, but I have no time because the program is going forward, strong and fast ending in a thrilling finale in which we see all his grit, his desire to be there to make only one thing: winning. The arena is all standing up to cheer him. This is the establishment of a record that nobody can take him away. We have not seen the scores yet, but for us, for every person inside the arena, Evgeni is the winner.

What can I say? There is no need of scores – stellar, by the way - to make clear of what was this competition, and no doubts about who is Plushenko. So I steal the definition of him made by an old man met in the elevator of the hotel,who was listening me talking about Evgeni and who said smiling at me:"Only one word: Plushenko"

Thank you Evgeni.

N.B. Thanks to Elisabetta, Consuelo and Sara with whom I shared this extraordinary adventure.

Lorella Miotello
Traduzione di: Sara Langella

These users thanked the author cekoni for the post (total 9):
MiLa (07 Feb 2012, 21:57) • Phrazey (07 Feb 2012, 03:48) • ilpulcino (07 Feb 2012, 01:10) • Таня (06 Feb 2012, 22:02) • maolmi (06 Feb 2012, 20:50) • Eileen T (06 Feb 2012, 19:40) • lala630312 (06 Feb 2012, 11:26) • simona (06 Feb 2012, 08:28) • whitebamboo (06 Feb 2012, 07:00)
Rating: 37.5%

cekoni
Administrator

Postby simona » 06 Feb 2012, 08:26

:plush40: THANKS SO MUCH BIGEYEGUGU & DUSTMAN!

ImageImageImageImageImage

These users thanked the author simona for the post:
Дарина (07 Feb 2012, 03:03)
Rating: 4.17%

simona

Postby dimi » 06 Feb 2012, 19:39

In FSU they say someone threw a bra on the ice after Plushy Lp . LOL! :plush26: :plush26: :plush26:

These users thanked the author dimi for the post (total 3):
simona (08 Feb 2012, 02:45) • Дарина (07 Feb 2012, 03:03) • lala630312 (07 Feb 2012, 00:37)
Rating: 12.5%

dimi

Postby cekoni » 07 Feb 2012, 02:35

Here is homevideos & pics of Plushy's practices (23-27.01.) by @luvtallinn :plush45: :plush39:
https://twitter.com/#!/luvtallinn/statu ... 5171688448

EC 2012 Evgeni Plushenko 1.23 practice:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgZn8KnG1Mc

EC 2012 Evgeni Plushenko 1.25 evening practice:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xc9fwsV9FZ4

EC 2012 Evgeni Plushenko 1.26 SP practice:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9IrhjMXU4s

EC 2012 Evgeni Plushenko 1.27 practice:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYXQ6bWrlqY

These users thanked the author cekoni for the post (total 2):
Вера (07 Feb 2012, 09:30) • simona (07 Feb 2012, 04:59)
Rating: 8.33%

cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 07 Feb 2012, 02:57

Lelo's report from Plushy's Italian official fan site :-):
---------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.evgeniplushenko.it/index.php ... ercomments

SPEECHLESS!!

Well, the only thing we should say is: we are speechless! But we have to write something. Some begin by saying that what Plushenko made in the FP of the Europeans in Sheffield was one of the greatest shows of temper ever seen in sports.

Plushenko performed his short program with great breavness. His knee and the neck gave him problems and he had to make injections to at least, enter the ice. Who knows his condition is not surprised and doesn't criticize him for not having performed, maybe for the first time in many years, the quadruple jump. Who knows, think that it's just a miracle that he is there. But there are still people who don't understand. After the SP, performed in the first group, when the Motorpoint Arena audience in Sheffield was still a bit "cold" and silent, Plushenko sits next to Yana to watch the rest of the competition. Until the last group he maintains the first place. We are going to stop worrying about the opponents when, totally unespected, an Artur Gachinski ingreat shape run a flawless performance. Plushenko himself applauds at the end of Artur's program. At the kiss & cry there is a lot of tension. Mishin impatient watches the screen waiting for the score.When this finally appears Arthur smiles almost incredulously: 11 cents more than the Tsar. Mishin fixed the screen with a vague, undefinable expression. We come back to the hotel mostly concearned about Evgeni's physical condition, worried about the possibility that his shape doesn't allow him to express his capabilities until the end in the following 2 days. In fact at the press conference he stated that he was not gonna perform the quadruple jump in the FP as the pain after the execution does not allow him to skate the whole program without feeling bad. But, knowing him, something tells us not to be desperate.

Anxiety, however, comes back to us the following morning when we get up early, at 6:30 a.m. to watch the practice. Everything starts with a signal from coach Mishin: a hand with 4 fingers raised up. And there we are... In less than a few minutes weatch live the execution of 3 quads. Definitely a good message for those who think that the Tsar might truly accept a second position"only" because it has a knee in bad conditions. It 'clear that Evgeny is better than the other days. By the way the anxiety about the competition doesn't let us go. The morning of the FP we get to watch the practice in the main rink and when we arrive he is already on ice. Focused, he is looking at anybody, he slips on the ice with regal, elegant moves. He lands a jump right in front of us. We are electrocuted by the sight of a "killer" that is visible from beneath the bangs of his blond hair. The proper eyes of whom who are ready to fight, waiting with apparent calm while sharpening his weapons. We understand in a split of seconds that the Tsar is not there to be second, this is not in his DNA. We do not know for sure what he is gonna extract from the cylinder, but it is already clear which is the final result of the competition. He passes several times next to the edge of the ice rink. The sight is determined, almost angry. We dare not to say a word as he passes.Like the previous morning after training, he put his clothes back on and, despite the fact he IS Plushenko, before to leave the ice, as he always does, he cheers and thank Mishin with the usual salute to a coach.

It finally comes, the beginning of the much waited men's FP. The bleachers are filled. It is not permitted to hang banners, but fans of the Tsar, who come from overseas also, are ready no matter what. All men competitors take the ice, one by one. And here it comes the warm-up time for the last group. The presentation of Plushenko is obviously very long. It takes time to list all his palmares of victories. It 'is already a living legend and yet here he is, still on ice to prouve himself he is still great ,full of adrenaline, still ready to suffer every kind of criticism about his way to skate, his behaviour, etc. .. But he still has something to prove. He walks nervously and, finally, there he goes on ice. Pale, concentrated, very thin in his new costume. Tango Roxanne. And what a tango! One of the most perfect programs of his career with extremely high scores in program components segment. A growing sequence of difficulties and, after the last spin, the tension and anger with held explode. It's over. The face is a mask. He knows what it did. High technical content, transitions, interpretation, etc. .. There is everything! And it's' world record score in this season.

Many people had already given up on him saying that he would have not be able to be back, it wouldn't be able to adapt himself to the new judging system, they said he had no transitions, that he was old, that the defeats he suffered for were right, etc. .. This is his answer. An answer off acts, not words. His grit, his persistence, his determination, his temper and charisma, you may like it or not, make him a master class athlete absolutely timeless, able to cross, still standing on top, various figure skating eras while maintaining its own style . He still wants at the age of 29 years to learn some different elements to fit the new judging system as required and for example, he made his step sequences slower than before to make the moves much more visible to the judges (unfortunately, we have to say). It's too easy to leave when you are at the top of the career and when you're young. For him that was not enough. The public understands what is behind those gestures and it's a standing ovation. Plushenko bows again to thank the audience. Yes, because only those who see it live can really understand and make comments. After him there is no competition left, nor even a perfect Gachinski is capable to pull off the seventh European title from the Zsar. One of the things that we will never forget about the experience in Sheffield is his eyes in the morning before the FP. As we already knew, we had confirmation that it is better not to irritate the Tsar. The rivals have been warned.

di Consuelo Valoppi
traduzione di Sara Simonato

These users thanked the author cekoni for the post (total 6):
simona (12 Feb 2012, 12:09) • lala630312 (08 Feb 2012, 12:20) • MiLa (07 Feb 2012, 22:02) • Вера (07 Feb 2012, 09:30) • Phrazey (07 Feb 2012, 04:42) • lovplush (07 Feb 2012, 03:40)
Rating: 25%

cekoni
Administrator

Postby Вера » 07 Feb 2012, 09:29

cekoni wrote:Here is homevideos & pics of Plushy's practices (23-27.01.) by @luvtallinn :plush45: :plush39:
https://twitter.com/#!/luvtallinn/statu ... 5171688448

Спасибо за эти прекрасные видео! :plush32: :co_ol: :plush46: Он может кататься без прыжков, в тренировочном и всё равно он лучше всех!
cekoni wrote:Lelo's report from Plushy's Italian official fan site

Дариночка, ты можешь перевести? Пож-та! :plush39:
Вера
Администратор

Postby clairdelalune » 07 Feb 2012, 12:47

cekoni wrote: he made his step sequences slower than before to make the moves much more visible to the judges

:co_ol: :co_ol: :-) :smu:sche_nie:
ImageImage
clairdelalune

PreviousNext

Return to СОРЕВНОВАНИЯ || COMPETITIONS 2009-2015