Любим! Надеемся! Верим!
We love you! We believe in you!

Re: Пресса о Жене, интервью Жени || Press about Evgeni ON Ic

Postby lala630312 » 21 Sep 2011, 15:37

I adore and respect him. Forever! :a_g_a:
lala630312

Postby Searcher16 » 21 Sep 2011, 16:14

Евгений Плющенко: Как бы ни было тошно и больно...
Откровенное интервью олимпийского чемпиона турина, решившегося на второе возвращение. До Плющенко этого не делал никто

Замечательное интервью! Женя все говорит по делу: и про возвращение, и про риск, и про Чана. В наше время найдется очень мало людей, столь же преданных фигурному катанию. Но я очень боюсь за его новые программы и особенно за его здоровье :plush47: (хоть немножко, но его все-таки надо беречь)
Last edited by Searcher16 on 22 Sep 2011, 15:45, edited 1 time in total.

These users thanked the author Searcher16 for the post (total 2):
Жюли (22 Sep 2011, 02:41) • Ирина (21 Sep 2011, 19:06)
Rating: 8.33%

Searcher16

Postby Вера » 21 Sep 2011, 19:28

Очень душевное интервью, спасибо автору! Хорошо, что отказался от образа сумасшедшего и от еврейского танца и вернулся к старым образам. Это мудрое решение. :plush45:

These users thanked the author Вера for the post:
Дарина (21 Sep 2011, 19:30)
Rating: 4.17%

Вера
Администратор

Postby Searcher16 » 22 Sep 2011, 15:40

Вера wrote:Хорошо, что отказался от образа сумасшедшего и от еврейского танца и вернулся к старым образам. Это мудрое решение.

На мой взгляд, образ скрипача очень б подошел Жене. Старый стиль... недальновидные и коррумпированные судьишки просто могут проигнорировать.
Searcher16

Postby whitebamboo » 25 Sep 2011, 02:57

Is it okay if I still beg someone to eventually translate this interview to English, please? Pretty please? :plush39: :plush39: I know it is really long, but even with google translate, I could tell that there were many powerful things in it!
whitebamboo

Postby Phrazey » 25 Sep 2011, 03:33

I second that, whitebamboo. Even the google translated version made me cry :plush36:
Phrazey

Postby cekoni » 25 Sep 2011, 03:38

translated by me and Darina :ni_zia:
---------------------------------------------------

Evgeni Plushenko: No matter how unbearable and painfully...
Open interview of Turin Olympic Champion, who decided on the second returning. Before Plushenko, nobody did it

When you know that people love you, and love you SO much, you can do anything. And you will overcome anything - and unbearable things, and pain and the myriad of other human «I can not».
I was very touched by how Zhenya Plushenko’s fans love him. After his first Test Skating on Rublyovka, he stood with them for about an hour.

Not deny loving. And Plushenko didn't complain neither with facial expressions, nor with words, about the pain in his leg.
- Zhenya, if we'll cheer you up before you skating with your first tattoo motto "The path will be overcome by the one who walks it", you will not mind?
- Great idea - seriously replied Plushenko. – I don't mind!
- And may be our shouting does not let you focus?
- Come on! If you only knew, how it inspires me.
- But Artur Gachinsky complained that because of this, he sometimes falls on his jumps.
Plushenko made a politically correct pause, hinting at Arthur's young age.
- Artur is a good athlete. He has a great future.
- Why do you have only your wife's name tattoo, but no name of your son?
- I want Egor's name to be tattooed along with the names of babies we will have with Yana.

THIS SUMMER I SURVIVE DISASTER

(here is a similar part, as in previous interviews about Test Skating: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=283&start=40#p57306) :mi_ga_et:

Plushenko: ... I tried to do a quad, but did only a triple.

- What prevented it?
- Prevent, perhaps, a long time "non-skating" to public. Still, five months I did not perform, had surgery, and this is forgotten. These feelings are forgotten!

- But this is pleasant excitement?
- Of course, pleasant. The next time I will try to do a quad.

- Some time ago you had surgery. How much it was needed? In my opinion, under the knife should go only when absolutely is no alternative.
- I have lived with this problem years, probably five. Do not dare to have surgery on my left knee. Meniscus. But as I look at the next three years, that I am going to stay in sport until 2014, I realized that I had to do this operation now. I have removed part of the meniscus, but healing, frankly speaking, all bad. Very slowly and painfully going recovery. But nothing, through the pain I jump complex elements. Put new programs. And free, and short. They just need more polish and polish.

- What are the hardest now?
- Everything!

- Still?
- This summer it was incredibly hard. This summer was a disaster. Because I starting from the scratch, and the General Physical Preparation, and choreography, and work on the ice. And it looked like this: two days training ... everything! Muscles are clogged, everything hurts. And several times I wanted to finish. I thought that I should throw this too bold idea, not that age, not that muscles, the pain was unbearable....

A few moments it was... almost stalemate. And the flash of despair, and hopelessness. The hands dropped - I not could anything. Came away from training. I was ready to go right out of Novogorsk to St. Petersburg. Skate in shows, exhibitions. But the show - is show. There's no such drudgery, as before a big tournament, which seemed to me in the summer, I can not stand neither morally, nor physically.
And who help me especially? (Mishin, Vitaly, Yana)... Each in their own way. They told me: "Zhenya, what do you want? One month after surgery you want jump quadruple jumps?! Calm down!" And little by little, listening to them, knowing that they are right, I felt: I did not have enough wisdom and patience.
... I actually made ​​a mistake - began to forced. I wanted everything at once, but in fact, only stronger injured my operated leg. And still I feel the consequences this unnecessary haste.

PROFESSOR AND ME - APPROPRIATE PEOPLE

- Why this impatience? You are not a boy.
- If you are a champion, you want always to be like that. And yes, I have such a character. I need all and at once! I do not accept any half-tones or half measures. But, as I said before, never too late to understand something. And now everything is going by order - and let go. I am calm. If something did not work, do not think about this as tragedy. I say to myself: "Do not worry! I will do that in the next training!"
Mental crises, breakdowns, which I survived the summer, changed me. I have been learned from childhood: "Do not delay anything for later". No matter how unbearable and painfully - necessarily I had to do on same training. Now I do not see the big sin in to break, no training one time, but on the next training to make a splash. Both, I and my whole team - we look at the situation, to my momentary health, and on this basis, we act.

- Zhenya, you do not to worry that figure skating in your absence has made dramatic leap forward. Patrick Chan, who established the world record for number of points at the last Worlds, you do not demoralize?
- And what exactly should demoralize me, according to your logic? Yagudin and I did this 10 years ago, the same two quads in one program. Patrick did a triple axel, but we did two triple axels, including cascades. Patrick Chan has demonstrated nothing new. He has not demonstrated us a new quad… lutz, for example. Or the new quad flip. Or four and a half, or 4-4. Well, so what we have to talk about? He did not do 4-3-3 cascade. Nobody has done it yet.

- But 4-3 he jumps great.
- Between 4-3 and 4-3-3 is difference, I'm sorry, there is, and not small.

- You can do that?
- Once I jumped 4-3-3, then first and only one in the world.

- But now?
- We shall see. I'm trying and will continue to try to approach to this. Absolutely! Generally, to back what I could before - this is probably limit of my dreams. This will be enough. Two quadruple jump is already, of course, difficult. But once again I say: we'll see. If we back to Chan, he did not show nothing extraordinary on the Moscow World Championships. He skated great, with this I do not argue. At that time...

- And you feel the strength, at least potentially, to break his record in the amount of points? Or the concept "amount of points" is not something to which you are oriented?
- I am oriented on my skating. On the work, that I should do. Let judges do his job and put me scores.

- You said that you try to approach again to 4-3-3. It's need this risk? With the injured leg? Is it justified?
- Justified. Of course. Leg will not pain forever...

- Why do you think the risk is justified? Lysacek won the Olympics in Vancouver without a quadruple jump. Which gave cause, well-known Elvis Stojko to make a blog entry: "Night, when they killed the figure skating." It turns out, not killed?
- I think that now everybody will jump quads. Look at the post-Olympic season, when passions are usually calm down, most favorite nonetheless went on quads. There was no such, that all give priority to a smooth, clean sliping, and with thus turn the figure skating into ballet, stopped to take risks with the quads.

- Coach and choreographer Nikolai Morozov said that if you look from position of today's score rules on great, already legendary programs of Plushenko and Yagudin, it turns out that the steps there - the first level, spins - also. Can you change and overcome that?
- Do you know that football boots before were also, as our boots. But now they weight 146 grams. And I and my coach - we are appropriate people. We do not live in yesterday's day. Yes, there are new requirements for steps and spins. And they now have levels. Naturally, we keep that in mind.

GIVE SKATES TO THE MUSEUM IS EASY

- Mishin named you as "Shakespeare of figure skating", because Shakespeare has described all the known human senses, and you - all shown on the ice. Are there more white spots?
- We have reached that point, that it is difficult to me, to pick up my new image. That's just for this reason! Insanely hard, insanely! And why examined the images of a madman, violinist, a Jewish dance ... They also have been somewhere ... But after long creative search, pains, joys and big doubts, I decided to return to the old images, simply modifying them. Remake Plushenko to a new way is very difficult, figure is molded. But add new moves, a new dance - this is possible.

- Are you sure you will never regret for the decision to the second return?
- Give skates to the museum is easy. This can be done at any time. Towards this, all come. I want - a little later. Still, the Olympics will take place at home ... And after the Olympics will be shows. In addition, I have a big dream: to build a school, and maybe academy Plushenko. With boarding school, where little skaters will live, learn and train. Perhaps with someone of the famous hockey players we will do a joint project, and the academy will have a hockey school, and even football. Personally, I would like to train at the same time, to continue, in short, to live in figure skating.

- Your son you do not wish, for some reason, this life ...
- Why, I wished him this life, only in hockey. And for what, I would do not like this life... Here, today I again skating. Survived the courage, the adrenaline. And I love skating, because it is not so simple... when something does not work, but then comes a moment when you manage do that... Wow! This is so cool!

- We can often see you at social events. You do not think that your goal - the Olympics in Sochi - assumes the full asceticism and monastic rules? (... and so on 3 years? :kli_ny: )
- On the parties, I have not seen for more than six months. But basically, I do not see there any crime.

- But, really, a social life might have something to give the mind and heart? (...but now she gave him the idea :-) )
- In my heart, I just do not like this. I do not like clubs. In the ages of 18 and 21 years I walking in the clubs. I loved it then, but it is long gone. I'll go better in the movies, or to the theater.

- Zhenya, you sometimes lying yourself?
- Myself? (a little surprised). Myself - no.

- So, you will not lie to me. Can you survive, if you not become in Sochi double Olympic champion, you will not curse the suffering of your second return?
- One hundred percent - no! I was already two times second at the Olympics. This question I already asked myself. And had time to think about the answer. And the answer is: "So, what will happen, if I can not win? Well, that would be something?". I want to try to skate on the fourth Olympics. No one did. And I want to be the first.

These users thanked the author cekoni for the post (total 8):
lovplush (25 Sep 2011, 22:15) • Kudryavka (25 Sep 2011, 21:51) • dustman (25 Sep 2011, 18:10) • let`s talk (25 Sep 2011, 17:53) • lala630312 (25 Sep 2011, 10:29) • whitebamboo (25 Sep 2011, 06:17) • Sakura (25 Sep 2011, 06:04) • Phrazey (25 Sep 2011, 03:58)
Rating: 33.33%

cekoni
Administrator

Postby let`s talk » 25 Sep 2011, 18:13

cekoni wrote:- Once I jumped 4-3-3 first and only one in the world.

I am sure he knows about KVDP's and Reynolds' 4-3-3. By "Когда-то я прыгнул 4-3-3 первым и единственным в мире." he meant that when he jumped that combo first time in FS history, he was the only skater who could do that at that moment. :co_ol:

Great work, girls! :plush39: Sorry, couldn't be any help :ny_tik:. That typoon this week blew out all my brains out of my head :de_vil: :ps_ih: .
"Осторожно! Фанатка ЕП и ДТ" (weir.ru about let`s talk)
let`s talk

Postby cekoni » 25 Sep 2011, 18:25

let`s talk wrote:
cekoni wrote:- Once I jumped 4-3-3 first and only one in the world.

I am sure he knows about KVDP's and Reynolds' 4-3-3. By "Когда-то я прыгнул 4-3-3 первым и единственным в мире." he meant that when he jumped that combo first time in FS history, he was the only skater who could do that at that moment.

That was the meaning of his sentence :a_g_a: .... it is not clear from word: "Once"? :du_ma_et:

EDIT: I added "then" :mi_ga_et:
cekoni
Administrator

Postby whitebamboo » 26 Sep 2011, 00:43

Thank you so much for translating this amazing interview, Cekoni and Darina! :plush40: :plush31: And also, thank you so much to all the wonderful Russian fans, who were always there to show him support and love...I am so moved by every word of his. I feel that as long as he choose to stay in this sport, I will support him.

(And oh, by the way, shall we perhaps see some "viam supervadet vadens" banners at future competitions? :-) )

These users thanked the author whitebamboo for the post (total 2):
Ирина (26 Sep 2011, 08:59) • Дарина (26 Sep 2011, 00:48)
Rating: 8.33%

whitebamboo

PreviousNext

Return to Всё о Жене || Everything about Evgeni