Search found 27 matches

Return

Re: Opera On Ice - Verona, Italy 22.09.2012

cekoni wrote:Italian TV news, mostly about Carolina and kids... they really dont know much about skating :plush34:

Cekoni it's true. In Italy only football :plush43: but when Plush is on ice italians begin to understand...
Thanks to Holly for videos and report :pisa_tel:
by lelo
24 Sep 2012, 17:28

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Plushy's interview in Italian... something interesting? :-):
-------------

http://russiaoggi.it/articles/2012/09/24/plushenko_gladiatore_on_ice_in_arena_17835.html
24 settembre 2012 Niva Mirakyan, Russia Oggi

Plushenko, gladiatore on ice in Arena
Hi girls, Cekoni asked me to translate this interview so I did a very very fast translation (I used google translator and correct something) so forgive me if there are mistakes. Anyway:

Plushenko, gladiator on ice in the Arena
The Olympic skater in Verona for a show with Carolina Kostner, talks about his love for the beautiful country and says: "I want to learn Italian"

In one of the world's most famous amphitheater, the Arena of Verona, was staged the show "Opera on Ice": a show able to merge opera and skating. In this occasion it was possible to admire the russian Olympic champion Evgeni Plushenko.

-What emotions do you feel in performing in a unique setting as the Arena?
-Definitely positive and extraordinary emotions . Great adrenaline. Once I was joking with the other boys, we remembered that until a few centuries ago, the Arena hosted several duels, in which people died. And now we are here to skate. After all, the time goes on and life goes on. Figure skating is not only sport, but it is true art. Ballet and acrobatics, plus the theater.

-Also Carolina Kostner takes part to the show. What is the relationship with her?
We have a beautiful relationship. We've known each other for a long time. When she started skating she was a little bit like a Cinderella, and then began to grow, grow, grow. Up to become a princess. I feel I have to thanks her for what she has done for skating in Europe and in the rest of the world. She’s a very nice person. I think that without her it would have been very difficult to achieve a show like this, at this level.

-Why did you decide to take part to this project?
-I worked with many interpreters. In Turin I performed with Andrea Bocelli. In Switzerland with Gloria Gaynor. And the list is still long. Here in Verona I should have skate in 2011, but due to an injury I couldn’t. I completely support this kind of shows. It’s something completely new in the world of figure skating. It’s an interesting show. And what I also like, is that it’s in Italy, where I spend a lot of time, working and getting rest with my family.

-You already performed on music of Italian composers such as Nino Rota, Giacomo Puccini, Lucio Dalla. Why this time the choice was on other tracks, such as the "Habanera" from Carmen and Rigoletto?
-In 2002 I already skated on Habanera. I love the expressive repertoire, artistic and powerful, sensual and severe. Rigoletto is nothing more than a love game, a game with the girls. Romeo and Juliet is lighter, a love’s opera.

-What are your impression about Italy? Do you feel at home?
-The first time I came in Italy I was 11. I went to Aosta, a small city. And I immediately fallen in love with this country: great food, wonderful people. I also took part to many European championships in Italy, Milan, Turin. In summer I spend at least one month in Pinzolo, Trento, on the mountains. And there I met the great Alessandro Del Piero. We became friends. I also really like Sardinia, Porto Cervo, where sometimes I go in the yacht of some friends. In Italy I am very well. I'm also trying to learn the language. For now I can say only a few words, such as "Hello everyone", "Give me the bill." I was also thinking of moving to live here for a while. I'm in love with Padua, the city is simply stunning, and is close to Venice, Verona, Austria, Croatia. In a few miles you also can reach sea and mountains. I love this country. This year I organized five shows and a small tour along some Italian cities.

-What do you love more than anything in Italy?
-You can live in a wonderful country, but sometimes you can meet not lovely persons. For me, in Italy the great part of people are special. The weather here is also wonderful. I live in St. Petersburg: I love my city, but now I'm tired of the continuous rain, wind and cold. Not to mention the food: I really love pasta, pizza, calamari. I love Italian wine, even if I am on diet, and I'm trying to eat a little less and reduce alcohol.

-Despite your young age, you already achieved many successes. But there was a time in your career when you wanted to retire from amateur sport. Do you want to tell to our readers where you found the strength to go on?
-In 2006 I won the Olympic Games in Turin. Then I decided to take a break. Also if I didn’t compete for three years, it was not a real retire. I didn’t say clearly, "I'm retiring", but inside me I knew maybe I would never begin again to skate in competition. It was my wife Yana who gave me new reasons. He convinced me that I'm still young and I can still perform with success. But above all, I can still win. At that time I did not really want anything, did not want to train, and I had no goals. But Yana had realized that I could still do it.

-Are you saying that you overcome all difficulties thanks to love?
-Sure. Thanks to love. To be honest, I wanted to prove to my girlfriend, who now is my wife, that I am a strong man, I can win. Well, so far it seems I did it.

-What’s your next goal?
-First of all finish the year without injury. And then, of course, prepare for Sochi. That’s about sport’s goal. If we talk about private life, in three months I’ll become father for the second time. Then I'll have to take care of a nice family. I want to teach my children to skate, then directing them towards other sports, such as hockey, football, golf. And then of course I'll have to train, even in Italy.

Finally, the lights of the Arena. In the Arena everyone is waiting for the start of something unique. The 800 meters’ ice rink is a whole mosaic of talents of the skating world from Russia, Italy, Switzerland, Japan and Germany. On the music of the orchestra, accompanied by the voices of tenors, sopranos and chorus, skaters perform on the music of the greatest world’s operas. Like a single breath. Romeo and Juliet, Rigoletto, Nabucco, and then again Traviata, Aida and Carmen, Madama Butterfly and Turandot. An extraordinary show with gaudy costumes.

You get the impression that the music penetrate the ice, crossing up the body of the athletes. Among them, Carolina Kostner, Stephane Lambiel and, of course, Evgeni Plushenko who is able to conquest the public that explodes, at the end, in an immense ovation.
by lelo
27 Sep 2012, 17:31

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Мужчины || Men

Musical on Ice in Lugano - 29.09.2012 - new FP of Florent Amodio:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f6od4oqdgU&feature=plcp
There isn't the beginning because of a technical problem with the music so he had to stop.
by lelo
01 Oct 2012, 17:29

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Japan Open 2012 & gala Carnival on Ice - Saitama 06.10.2

I don't think it's a false alarm.
He said: Buttle is perfect combination of technical and magic skating.
Jumps are "technical".
It's another way to say: plush is technique. Buttle is technique+art (magic skating).
I know Buttle is canadian. But in his position, he must pay attention about what he write and effects his words may have.
We have to understand that american/canadian propaganda against Plush before Sochi is beginning??
Anyway Kurt lost my respect not because he said his opinion. Everyone is free. But because first it'n not true that plush is only jumps and I'm really tired to listen this thing. Than he could say: I like this "canadian" (strange) skater and stop. No one asked him anything about plush.
Im very angry!
by lelo
10 Oct 2012, 13:55

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Чемпионат России 2013|| Russian Nationals 2013, 24-28.12

Every comp more regal!!
Great new the new setup with jumps in the second half of the program!!
I'm very happy!!
He's able to do quads after only 3 days of training...already sow it in Pinzolo...he's unique!!!!!!!!! He's able to do what he wants.
by lelo
28 Dec 2012, 01:07

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hi, I bought yesterday dvd. Arena was a unique location!!
On menu you can choose to see the version with presentation or without presentation.
Dvd is really well done and Plush is fantastic there. When he enters with roses is a real gentlemen (regal, perfect style for this location) and on dvd you can see all very well.
I think is a good idea to buy dvd. The price is ok in my opinion.
There is also a backstage part describing arena and how they put the ice in so historical place and with imagines of the preparation of skaters, singers, etc..
As soon as the organizers answer me, I'll let you know if it's possible to buy it from abroad.
I said them that Plush fans from abroad asked info about dvd. They are waiting answer from the editor that is one of the most important in Italy.
by lelo
04 Jan 2013, 14:37

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Юбилейное шоу "Всего лишь 30!" || Birthday show - 07.11.

Maybe is 2006-2007 Plushenko Ice Show (Plushenko Xmas Ice Show - Luzhniki, Moscow).
He performed La Tosca and Il Padrino with Marton and Baby Plush (Oops I did it again).
With: Marton and Montecarlo Orchestra, Urmanov, Petrenko, Bonaly, Slutskaya, Totmianina/Marinin, etc...
I found this link: http://www.eibmoz.net/skatingvideos/plush_ice_show/index.php
I really am the only one saw the show yesterday???
by lelo
04 Jan 2013, 17:46

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fan meetings appointments

I am getting old and I am not taking any of these noisy tools anymore, even I got so many of them, my best tool will be my prayer, as always. :plush47: But I am glad we have many different fans to cheer for Evgeni.
Hey Lotus I can understand you and you say the true. I usually are like you. When I saw him the first times in the shows I wasnt able to talk, I were in silence without words, I wanted only to cry for the emotion. But, believe me, when you see him live in comp the adrenaline inside you can change the way you are :mi_ga_et:
But the most important thing is that every time plush talks with fans, also with us, he says: I need you scream, cheer, etc..!!!! He needs people support and every time he thanks the crowd. I like to believe judges must take it into consideration. Of course during the performance I'm in religious silence but before and after he needs us.
So bring these noisy tools. Maybe you will use them :bra_vo: :mi_ga_et:
by lelo
09 Jan 2013, 14:36

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Пресса о Жене, интервью Жени || Press about Evgeni ON Ic

hi what he says? someone can write/translate something? thanks!!
by lelo
16 Feb 2013, 02:22

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Женя и его семья, близкие друзья.. || His family and fri

Girls, I'm completely fallen in love with Sasha!!!!!!!! :hea_rt:
by lelo
22 Aug 2013, 02:14

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ISU Volvo Open Cup 22nd - Riga, Latvia 07-10.11.2013

Hi, finally time to came here.
I want to say only one thing: we saw the original SP in Pinzolo. We wanted to cry.
Music is incredible and you all listened to it.
But choreo was breathless, soo emotional!! the step sequence was perfectly on time with music.
The intensity grew up in the final part.
We immediately fallen in love with that program. It was a masterpiece !!
I think Evgeni in Riga was only a little nervous and changed something. Of course that's only my personal opinion.
But I really hope he will shows the original program and than you all tell me your opinion ;-)
by lelo
13 Nov 2013, 12:37

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ISU Volvo Open Cup 22nd - Riga, Latvia 07-10.11.2013

Hi Consuelo, thank you very much for your report!!! :plush39: My question is, Plushy's programs looked very empty at the Volvo Cup, aren't they ready yet or he simply skated a light version? I'm talking especially about the LP because I haven't seen any new choreography, only parts from old programs, did you see the new elements in Pinzolo?
I'm sorry but in Pinzolo he worked only on SP. He worked on FP in Tartu and I was not there.
Before Volvo Cup Mishin advised everyone. He said: programs will be in "economic / light version", we need only points to be qualified for Sochi.
He took part to a B level comp in order to became friendly with ice and comps after surgery and after many months.
So programs are not so important in Riga.
I'm absolutely not worried about it.
Apart these things, my personal opinion is also that Plushy in Riga was nervous, too pressure on him, but his shape is good, he's ok and his reaction was great!!
SP in Pinzolo looked be ready (beautiful !!!! ), but if they changed something in the final version, no one knows.
Yesterday Mishin announced a surprise about SP. We'll see.

In FP of course you see parts of the old programs. It's a medley / a best of..
I'm happy to see the typical gesture of Nijinski and Adagio, or the Tosca's sequence.
I couldn't listen, for example, Nijinsky's music without see that gesture.
FP in my opionion is already a competitive version.
Mishin said that they will use this time to work on transitions, among other things.

Good! So program will be also better, above all for Judges (...)
I hope everyone will understand "the spirit" of this program.
by lelo
15 Nov 2013, 18:48

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Мужчины || Men

@Tatjana21:

E. Lysacek (USA) gives up Sochi-comeback plan because of his hip injury (torn labrum). Needs to stop skating for several month.
Evan Lysacek will not compete at Sochi Olympics (video):
http://olympictalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/10/evan-lysacek-figure-skating-will-not-compete-sochi-olympics/

------------

Лайсачек не выступит на Играх в Сочи:
http://www.sports.ru/others/figure-skating/155010914.html

I'm sooo sorry!! I wanted to see what position he could obtain without a quad....
by lelo
11 Dec 2013, 21:15

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kings on Ice 2014 - Bucharest, Romania 07.10.2014

Girls thanks for all your reports !!!
by lelo
14 Oct 2014, 19:22

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Golden Skate Awards - Turin, Italy 21.12.2014

Ciao Miriam e Ice Princess, io ho visto solo Plushenko in Tv e il commento della Fontana.
Così strano che una che vive di danza dimentichi che Plushenko ha fatto per primo 4+3+3 e che ai tempi si scontravano a colpi di due quad e SENZA CADERE.

Btw Silvia Fontana forgot Plushenko did 4+3+3 combo and programs with 2 quads before these young skaters born. And all this WITHOUT FALLS!! Silvia Fontana must know these things. She never talks against Plushenko, in Sochi she defended him, but this time she said a nonsense!!
by lelo
03 Jan 2015, 00:59

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Гала Чемпионата России || Russian Nationals Gala 28.12.2

That's absolutely wonderful!!!
I like to think that after Kovtun's fall, Evgeni decided to do the quad just in that moment. And he did it !!!! :ya_hoo_oo: :de_vil:
by lelo
03 Jan 2015, 00:48

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Opening Ceremony of World Championships- Shanghai 25.03.

hi girls, these are my thouths after plushy performance in Shanghai.
Sorry it was in italian.
Now I perfectly understand why the rest of FS is boring for me....
http://evgeniplushenkoitalia.blogspot.i ... l?spref=tw
by lelo
26 Mar 2015, 20:20

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Другие интересные новости || Other interesting news

I don't know where I should post. One girl found this old article....

Italian ballet star Roberto Bolle comments on Evgeni
La Gazzetta dello Sport (February 18, 2006)

«Invidio Plushenko per le piroette»
http://archiviostorico.gazzetta.it/2006/febbraio/18/Invidio_Plushenko_per_piroette__ga_10_060218181.shtml
Can someone translate this?
Here the fast translation of Roberto Bolle interview

I ENVY PLUSHENKO FOR HIS PIROUETTE

From etoile (prime dancer) to gold medal skater. From La Scala in Milan to the Olympic ice of Palavela in Turin. From champion to champion. The Italian Roberto Bolle, star of the Italian classic ballet applauds the russian Evgeny Plushenko, gold medal in individual figure skating.

Bolle, what did you noticed in Plushenko’s performance?
- "Apart from the competition, that was very exciting, is not just the quality of exercise that excite me. His real strength comes from charisma, personality, by the presence on ice. He demonstrates how much he’s good, by showing the high consideration has about himself, and this effects his opponents. You could see that others were not so sure, he told them right away, from the first movement: "I am the number one”.

As a professional impression do you have of a similar performance?
- "It’s something very spectacular for everyone, even for us who are particularly similar, with our solos, especially in this race.
There are definete similarities, the way he steals, in his manner, his desire to get the attention '.

Skating on ice allows evolutions even more difficult than those of the traditional dance on stage.
- "Sure. We are able to do two piruette/turns but we can't do more, and all those figures, because of greater friction compared to skating on ice. They can even do 6-8 turns on themselves. Fantastic (Bolle is a layman for FS)"
His words betray admiration. "These ice skaters are wonderful. They have a really superfine technique. I saw the final with my English partner and we were wondering how they always manage to have exact body awareness, in every moment of the performance '.

However, among the many phenomenal skaters, lately only Plushenko wins.
- "There are many skaters who have a strong body, and many are flexable and have softness and extreme extensibility in their movement. Honestly, I’m not an expert, I don’t notice one element that stands out the Russian. It is his artistic vision, the quality of dance and of how he presents himself , he has completeness."

Roberto Bolle did you ever tried to do Plushenko?
- "Some time ago, I was 13-14 years old, I tried to dance on the ice. It was a great sensation. I was fascinated by the speed and freedom of movement, but at the same time I decided not to take the risk. I was afraid of a possible injury.

" Why do people love ice skating so much?
- "Because this sport is very rich in content. It is a combination of spectacular exercises and elegance, carriage, the jumps, the softness, the strength, the interpretation. A combination that is Always a pleasure to watch. "

A dancer and a skater are very hard job.
- "Yes, it's hard. But even more so on ice. There, performances last longer than ours, and at the end you see people really breathless! Even if we are talking about well trained athletes. "

Apart from the friction, that doesn’t exist on the ice, allowing more difficult elements to skaters than to dancers, what else do you envy to skaters on ice?
- "I can say that my great curiosity about these athletes regards the athletic training. Dancers train themselves. We personally decide what is better for everyone, however it would be really interesting to work with these trainer on ice. To see if there is greater possibility of improvement.
by lelo
01 May 2015, 15:14

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Art on Ice - Switzerland 04-13.02.2016 (10 shows)

Great job cekoni with all these pics!! Thankyou!
And thanks to Sara.
by lelo
05 Feb 2016, 02:38

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Академия фигурного катания/ Figure skating academy of Pl

Please TRANSLATION !!!!! World out of Russia needs info PLEASEEEE
by lelo
01 Sep 2017, 03:33

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Академия фигурного катания/ Figure skating academy of Pl

Please TRANSLATION !!!!! World out of Russia needs info PLEASEEEE
Evgeni Plushenko debuted as a coach.
In Moscow open competitions (for juniors) his student V. Samoilov came first with 4F attempt, K.Pankova came 8th with two clean programs.

You can read here
http://fs-gossips.com/evgeni-plushenko-debuted-as-a-coach/

thank you!!!
by lelo
04 Sep 2017, 01:25

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Снежный король || Snow King 2-3.12.2017Tallin,10.12.2017

Shows Riga - the report on our blog. Sorry is only in Italian
http://evgeniplushenkoitalia.blogspot.com/2017/12/snow-king-riga.html

Evgeni really is The Snow King!! Sooo epic! Perfect interpretation. His style!
Beautiful musics, costumes and choreography !
And he’s always on ice!! Really appreciated
by lelo
21 Dec 2017, 04:12

Jump to forum
Jump to topic