Search found 300 matches

Return

Re: Пресса о Жене, интервью Жени || Press about Evgeni ON Ic

cekoni wrote:Russian press really must to be soooooooooooo malicious in titles?! :ps_ih: :)-(:

Now quad is everything for FS :-) I hope they wouldn't forget this is also a sport about art.
by lovplush
28 Oct 2011, 01:27

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Женя и его тренер А.Н.Мишин || Evgeni and his coach Mish

Sorry but I don´t understand what "transitional" means. What has to do a "transitional" season with Edvin Marton´s music?
Probably you mean that Evgeni changed his mind after this old interview and he decided to skate again to Edvin´s music. OK. But my question is why? At the Olympics we saw cleary that his desire to skate to Edvin´s music no matter what brought him no success. :-(

I think Cekoni means that the seasons before the next Olympics will be the transitional period for Plushy to experiment new things. Or simple this season. Nevertheless, in one of the interview given by Plushy himself mentioned that he stopped exploring new image but settled to add new flame to the old image.

And I would not say Tango Amore is a failure. He won Nationals and European Championship with it and silver medal in 2010 Olympics. I would not see that as "no success". BTW, Tango Amore is a beautiful piece specially when hear it live.
by lovplush
15 Nov 2011, 13:13

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sure with his previous comments on quads, he will be criticized with a quadless program. But I think that is why Mishin points this out at this stage, just to shut these critics up.

His health is the priority here. He should not risk it for RN, and IMO not even for the Euros and Worlds in this season. But I guess he would be ready with quads at Euros.
by lovplush
22 Nov 2011, 12:01

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ISU Гран При 2011/2012 || ISU Grand Prix series 2011/12

To be honest, some spins are just plain ugly. And I hate the one with small jump before the sit spin. IMO, the new system is grudually kill the beauty of this sport.
by lovplush
25 Nov 2011, 23:56

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

cekoni wrote:
... but as i already said: I don believe too much to this "interview" :plush34:

:hi_hi_hi: But the photo is CUTE!!!!!!!!! :plush32:
by lovplush
05 Dec 2011, 21:53

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thank you Cekoni for the translation :plush31: , it is really a huge project......

Still 20 days to go till the RN. Cannot wait to see his new program. Unfortunately I would go on vocation during that period :is_te_ri_ka: Cannot catch the first hand information.

Wish Plushy good health and big success!! :plush45:
by lovplush
06 Dec 2011, 16:19

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Evgeni won´t skate at World Championships???? But why? :ne_vi_del: If he has the quads means he´s prepared. At Euros he has to face strong rivals too, Artur, Brezina, Javi, they all have quads, I don´t think he can compete only with triples.
I hope this is not true and Evgeni will go to Nice, I want to see him fighting, no matter how high or low he places. :-(

As for the complexes, the rather Zhenya was nervous when he saw how Artur well skates.
Poor Zhenya :cry_ing:

Oh, c´mon! I can´t believe Mishin said that. :sh_ок: If Zhenya is nervous when he´s watching Artur, what is he supposed to do when he watches Chan? Suicide himself????? :plush44: Evgeni competed with very, very strong figure skaters like Yagudin, I can´t believe he´s afraid of someone. :plush34:

I think (hope) Mishin means to let Plushy nervous is a good thing since he is a fighter, the stronger the competitor, the more desire to win for Plushy. Let Plushy be nervous in my opinion is better than let Artur nervous......

When is this interview be recorded? I have Nice in my mind but if Plushy wouldn't go, then......
by lovplush
09 Dec 2011, 12:24

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm not interested how Gachinski will grow up in the future. So I didn't understand this opinion. :ne_vi_del:
Let Plushy be nervous in my opinion is better than let Artur nervous

What I meant is that Plushy is far more experienced and mentally stronger than Artur in facing difficult situations. :-)
by lovplush
09 Dec 2011, 13:03

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Although, in my opinion Plushy can also get very nervous sometimes. :plush36:

Right. I think Plushy might get pretty nervous during the first couple of competitions since he has been able to perform formally (in shows etc.) for quite some time. But I believe after he gets the feelings back, everything would be "normal" again :hi_hi_hi: plush48
by lovplush
09 Dec 2011, 13:11

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Euros are even more ordinary than Worlds. They should send him to Worlds instead of Euros, he has to start competing against Chan and the japanese skaters, this would be the best preparation for Sochi. :plush37:

Actually if you think about it, Worlds is more for mental challenge as long as the judges keep consistent with their judging. The program would be the same (of course modifications might be needed to improve the program), so if the attitude is to do your job, whether Plushy faces Chan or Japanese skaters or not is not a big deal at least for this season, since Plushy does not have enough chances to compete due to the injuries.

But let us wait and see. From Plushy's interview, I think he is eager to compete on both Euros and Worlds.
by lovplush
10 Dec 2011, 00:23

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

While Mishin (Piseev, anyone...) do not succeed to change something with criticism, not must be allowed to Chan wins Plushy in that way. In addition, the "tactical" is wrong that people to get used that Plushy can be defeated (with current "pro-chan" judging) - if it becomes "normal", it will remain forever :plush35:

I think it's some of Mishin's considerations. In any case, we will see what will happening in future... :plush34:

Defeat Chan with "criticism"????? :sh_ок: Next year the Worlds are in CHANADA!!!!!! The chances that someone beats Chan are 0,000000000001%. Plushy has to defeat Chan with a strong program, not Mishin or Piseev. That's what we need, more politics and everybody will scream that Chan has been robbed, if he ever loses to Plushy!!!! :plush30: That's what you want, the 2002 scandal reloaded????? :plush34: Nobody can judge in advance if Chan is beatable or not. :nel-zya:

I guess what Cekoni meant is that under current judging situations, no body can beat Chan. Under certain circumstances to let plushy to compete while he cannot perform 100% is not worthy. If people establish the image of Chan is invicible to anybody (god helps us!!! He is really good at skating but he can seldom perform a clean program during a whole season. I think he is really unique since nobody can rule the FS with so many un-cleaned programs, that is just WRONG!!!!!), it is difficult to reverse the situation.

Actually Chan is robbing our feelings by getting into the first place (ok maybe this time he deserves it since nobody really provided a clean program, but season best?) with could-he-ever-skate-clean program, personally I really curious to know if Plushy can perform a clean good program against Chan's crapy performance, what would be the result.
by lovplush
10 Dec 2011, 23:26

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Chan is the dominant skater at the moment, and if this ridiculous trend continues, he will be the most dominant skater in the figure skating history.

Ok, jokes are over. Chan is a very good skater, I have to admit. But to dominate this sports with so many mistakes is just sad. In Plushy's era, one might argue that to lose every time to the same person is not a encouraging thing, but nobody would doubt Plushy's vistory since he has the difficulty, the artistry (not the nowadays ISU proved artistry it seems), and most importantly, he skated cleanly. We should be really grateful to him since he gave us so many clean programs to watch.

Now sure Chan has very difficult program, if he can present the program to full extend, nobody will argue about his dominating status. But he cannot, so give him the points he deserves.

BUT LET US WAIT AND SEE WHAT WOULD HAPPEN ON RN. And as long as Plushy is happy with what he is doing, I am just glad that he is still competing and will leave us more beautiful programs. I love his skating no matter what rank he would be placed.
by lovplush
11 Dec 2011, 21:59

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

"PCS is ruled by north american interpretation and Chan is totally considered the best PCS skater. You have the videos made Lori Nichol and Joe Inman and sent out to all the judges and they give the seminars where some Nichol choreographed skater is the Best and deserves all the highest marks and all that. It's a total philosophy that is being implanted in all the judges and just like in Ice Dance the new philosophy is whatever Z/S do is the best and deserves all the highest scores and I don't think that Lori Nichol should be involved in teaching people or judges or anything at all."

Yes it is what happens now in FS, and what ISU does now is to define the figure skating into a single mode and force everybody to follow their opinions. If everybody surrenders to this, let us just ask the skaters to skate one single program made by Lori Nichol and give the points based on their performances. Why bother.
by lovplush
11 Dec 2011, 22:06

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I happened to read an article where Chan stated that Lori Nichol and himself used to watch Evgeni's programs and roared with laghter because of his "Russian" coreography!

I guess to them Plushy's programs are laughable judging from the COP system, but it does not automatically leading to the conclusion that Plushy's programs are not beautiful. On the contrary, Plushy's programs are emotionally powerful and showing great energy and passion. Moreover, Plushy is a very elegant skater and this needs great gift of artistry by nature.

In all, Nichol is great in putting way too many things in a program to ensure high points, and Chan is fast enough to finish doing them although he might fall couple of times. So good jobs to Nichol and Chan. But that does not mean their programs are the most please to the eyes (hearts), especially when Chan falls all the time.
by lovplush
12 Dec 2011, 01:54

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

... and Chan is fast enough to finish doing them although he might fall couple of times. So good jobs to Nichol and Chan. But that does not mean their programs are the most please to the eyes (hearts), especially when Chan falls all the time.
His Free program "Aranjuez" is very, very slow ... and by me - not so much difficult :plush34:

P.S. I agree with you about "beauty" of his programs :kli_ny: - his "presentation" and emotions is at the level of 12-year-old boy :ps_ih:

You have to watch him live, Chan is faster than anybody else. Aranjuez is indeed difficult, that´s why he falls so much, the entries on the jumps are very difficult. :a_g_a:

I watch him online at GPF for his SP. He is fast and the edges etc. are very good. But this is not only speed skating, this is performing art on ice too. I repeat, Chan is a GREAT skater as Plushy also once said. I know couple of friends watched him live are also impressed about his skating speed. But that does not mean his program is piece of art. It is COP GREAT program, that is all.
by lovplush
12 Dec 2011, 11:49

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mishin affirmed that Plushenko's ultimate plan is to compete on home soil in Sochi, although the injury to his left knee could be a problem.

"It is dangerous," he said.

--------------------------------------------------

We can see from the interviews and twitter that Plushy is eager to engage into the battle field :du_el: . And from the clips he seems in great shape :plush31: .

But this article worries me a little. :ny_tik: Is it healthy for him to attend competitions so soon? What is the doctor's recommendations? We all very much like to see him skate, but not at the cost of his health. Prey for him to stay healthy :plush47:
by lovplush
12 Dec 2011, 12:15

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Exactly! The program is beyond his abilities, but due to the huge margin between him and the other skaters, he didn´t change anything. Watch the entry into the 3Lz, he fell twice on that jump (Japan Open and GPF), yet, I believe he´ll keep it. No matter how many mistakes he does on jumps, the PCS will save him. His philosophy is sacrifice the jumps but save the transitions, which I think is a smart approach.

Oh, I think I miss the last sentence since I agree with all your statement before that sentence. The only thing is that you are purely describing a phenomenon: Chan can afford to make mistakes because his PCS can save him. And if his team is really thinking of sacrificing the jumps to secure the transitions and PCS, it is very misleading and not healthy to the Sport.

Because Chan's PCS is INFLATED. He should not receive high PCS when he made so many mistakes. PCS is not all about SS and TN, and sadly in Chan's case, it is.

BTW I agree with lala, jumps are the most exciting element for the MAN's figure skating. When the audiences provide with the loudest applaud? After the jumps-clean ones. Of course Chan can jump difficult jumps, but please!!! jump them CLEANLY.
by lovplush
12 Dec 2011, 19:01

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Другие интересные новости || Other interesting news

http://www.sport.ru/ru/news/20111212/winter-sport/article185419/

Михал Бржезина: "Четверной прыжок – это не всё!"

- Ты перешел на взрослый уровень относительно недавно. Но уже успел заявить о себе: 10-й на Олимпийских играх, 4-й на Чемпионате Мира. Как ты себя сейчас ощущаешь: ты всё ещё "новичок" или уже опытный спортсмен? Как складываются отношения с дебютантами?

- Когда я перешёл на взрослый уровень, в соревнованиях ещё участвовали Евгений Плющенко, Стефан Ламбьель, Брайан Жубер. Их уровень катания невероятно высок, их невозможно "побить". А сейчас пришло время смены поколений. Когда я перешёл на взрослый уровень, было намного сложнее добраться до вершины, соревноваться с ними. А сейчас... Посмотрите на японского спортсмена: он хорошо катается и выигрывает. Но если бы он катался на таком уровне, когда я вышел из юниоров, у него не было бы никаких шансов выиграть даже этап Гран-при.

В то время ещё соревновались фигуристы "элитного" уровня, которые смогли достигнуть таких высот в своей карьере! Никто не сможет выиграть у Стефана Ламбьеля или Евгения Плющенко, если они будут кататься на своём обычном уровне. А сейчас нет непобедимого спортсмена. Есть, конечно, Патрик, но Патрик того же возраста, что и я. Сейчас нет фигуриста с таким количеством медалей, как у Плющенко: три олимпийские медали и, боюсь ошибиться, сколько титулов. Он просто легенда! И он уже был легендой, когда я только перешёл на взрослый уровень. С фигуристами той "элиты" действительно сложно соревноваться. Поэтому сейчас дебютантам намного легче, чем тогда было мне.

- Теперь тебе приходится соревноваться с дебютантами, и рядом с ними ты выглядишь более опытным спортсменом. Но у них нет легенд перед глазами, не на кого равняться, они просто идут вперёд…

- Да, мне кажется, наше поколение больше уважает "старших" фигуристов, того же Плющенко, Ягудина, и мы смотрим на них с восхищением – "О, Боже! Не может быть!" А дебютанты просто идут вперёд, не оглядываясь. На самом деле, я был такой же в первый сезон на взрослом уровне. И в тот год я был 4-м на Чемпионате Европы, сразу после трех легенд – Плющенко, Ламбьеля, Жубера. На Олимпийских играх я всем показал, что мне всё равно, что обо мне думают. Но со временем начинаешь по-другому смотреть на окружающих, меняешься сам, меняются фигуристы; и теперь уже мы соревнуемся с "новичками"....

I think as an athlete one should not afraid to compete with anyone, even with a legend. But to have respect to those great athletes who contribute to the sports is a basic moral altitude :-): . That is also one of the merit I love about Plushy, he is always very grateful for all the encouragement given by the great skaters before him. :plush31:
by lovplush
12 Dec 2011, 16:27

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Put the speed aside since I think if Plushy wants, he can skate pretty fast.

The one thing I have noticed which Chan (or Lori) does better than Plushy is the ice coverage. Plushy's program mainly covers 2/3 of the ice with limited portion used to cover the other 1/3. But I think if this would affect the result, Plushy has no probrom in fixing it. We all know how Plushy interacts with the audience during the shows;D

But there is really no point in fighting here. Chan is a great skater and the most COP oriented one. He is certainly the BEST in the heart/mind of his fans. And Plushy is the BEST in our heart. Time will show who is better.

As fans, we will support Plushy to pursue his dream no matter what would be the result. Wish Plushy good luck in RN! Cannot wait to see him skating again. Miss him so much.
by lovplush
13 Dec 2011, 16:20

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This is crazy!!! Another surgery???? :plush30: Evgeni will distroy his knees, why is he doing that? :-( I just want him to be healthy, to perform in shows, to have a normal life. :plush27:

He has to do the surgery because it seems something not good is formed at the knee. If he wants to compete, he has to remove that thing. (according to what I read from Google translation...)

If he will take the surgery, hope this time he will take proper time to rest his knee before start to train again :plush47:
by lovplush
16 Dec 2011, 18:12

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Женя на тренировках || Evgeni on training

Vera, thank you very much for your vivid and precious report! :plush39: Envy you :-)

You girls are so luck to be able to go to RN. Please send the love from Chinese fan club to Plushy at RN!! :plush47:
by lovplush
19 Dec 2011, 18:08

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by lovplush
20 Dec 2011, 19:20

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Чемпионат России 2012 || Russian Nationals 2012, 24-28.1

http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy295/schoenveter/imagesCAGAWSAG.jpg I'M READY!

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/2645/funny6a0120a711a8c7970b.jpg

( Unless I'm not too busy in delivering my 1st ever
own little babygirl @ the hospital.. )

http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy295/schoenveter/pink_teddy_bear_0071-0902-2410-5720_SMU-2.jpg

Congratulations, Simona!

I hope I would be ready too but by then I am in China......I have to take into account my parents living habit :hi_hi_hi:
by lovplush
20 Dec 2011, 14:02

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by lovplush
21 Dec 2011, 17:03

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Чемпионат России 2012 || Russian Nationals 2012, 24-28.1

Finally manage to watch the LP, what I can say, a beautiful program. True there are errors and it is still rough, but it shows that Plushy put a lot of efforts to improve himself in many ways.

The first spin combination is however not good, I just do not like these spins, they are ugly (I hate ISU :plush43: ). I think Plushy must think the same way but has to perform them...... the speed is not as good as in SP, so I guess Plushy might lose points on this set of spins.

Some jumps are lack of transitions, this aspect should be strengthened, but maybe it would be too much for Plushy for this season while he is not in top form. In general, I like his movements, beautiful as always and take my breath away.

I like both the SP and LP, I have to admit Plushy was very emotional while riding the SP, maybe that is why he is a bit seperated from the music (not in the right mood), as for LP, he performed it in a calm way (maybe a bit too calm :hi_hi_hi: ).

Nevertheless, as the season debut, Plushy did well and is worthy winner of the event without any doubt. :plush31:
by lovplush
27 Dec 2011, 02:57

Jump to forum
Jump to topic