Return

Re: Женя на тренировках || Evgeni on training

Incredible athlete and incredible person, :plush31: Thank you Sara! :plush39:
by lilywang
02 Aug 2011, 19:48

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Back in Pinzolo, again :hi_hi_hi: .... Lelo's link to Italian article (on Plushy's official Italian site) and her pics :plush45:

Luglio 2011 - La grinta del campione :
http://www.evgeniplushenko.it/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=175&Itemid=49
... please for short translation :plush39:

First part:

I have said this before and I will say it again after reading this report, WHAT A PRIVILEGE TO BE A PLUSHENKO FAN! plush48

Thank you all the girls who were there in Pinzolo for him. Thank you for being there and supporting him when we couldn't, for cheering and channeling positive energy to him when we couldn't, for witnessing and documenting his great journey when we couldn't.

And thank you Alyson for the great translation! :plush39:
by lilywang
18 Aug 2011, 23:51

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

In hindsight, Tango Amore might be the right choice for him at that time. It is a program that he felt comfortable with, the style is very original and mature, you don't get to see skaters do a very sensual and sexy program in competition that often, :-)

And as an exhibition program, oh boy, the audience just loves it! He almost blew 18,000 people off with that program in Artistry On Ice last year. I have read nothing but raving review after that performance in China, people calling it "the highlight of the night", and "the perfect combination of dancing and music".
by lilywang
26 Aug 2011, 21:04

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Видео с Женей (разные) || Videos with Evgeni

I found this on youtube: 2000 Jaca summer camp EX Plushenko - Bolero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T_5XJowSpc&feature=related

He was dancing Bolero in the costume of "Swan", :hi_hi_hi: And the program did not look like the final product at all.

Anyway, good job to David Avdish for coming up with this very original and imaginative masterpiece. :co_ol: . Bolero is like the perfect debutante dance for 18 year old Plushy, so vibrant with youthful energy and playful sexiness.
by lilywang
01 Sep 2011, 10:20

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Контрольные прокаты 03-04.09.2011 || Open Test Skating

Thanks for the video, and many thanks to girls that went out there and supported him!

The 3As are tight and consistent, but the landings could be better. I am not worry about 4T, he still has plenty of time to practice till Russian Nationals. He seemed tentative and did not have his usual speed. But it's only 2 months after surgery, what he has done is already amazing.

When his program is ready, I am sure he and Mishin can get any expert's opinion they need in private. They don't necessarily rely on the "test skate" to get feedback.

I just hope he could stay healthy and don't push himself too hard, he needs time to rehabilitate his knees.
by lilywang
04 Sep 2011, 04:25

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by lilywang
04 Feb 2012, 05:00

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ваше творчество || Your creative works

So many people are comparing Evgeni to a cat when he skates and it made me think: I wonder what cats would think about this comparison? :hi_hi_hi: So here is my silly cartoon to help answer that question! :-) It's only for fun, of course. My cats really LOVE watching him skate - just like I do, of course - and no offense is intended to anyone - either human or feline. :-): )

Your cartoon is absolutely fantastic! Such a sense of humor, just like Plushy, :plush46:
by lilywang
03 Feb 2012, 02:07

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Чемпионат Европы 2012 || European Championships 2012

dimi wrote:
Sometimes the most common phots can be the most intense. Plushy is in combat mode here

Saryuka always takes great photographs of Plushy! :plush32: Girls, if you guys see Plushy next time, beg/order him to model for Saryuka, :hi_hi_hi: they will make the most beautiful pictures together!
by lilywang
11 Feb 2012, 08:30

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Пресса о Жене, интервью Жени || Press about Evgeni ON Ic

Вера wrote:Статья написана еще в прошлом году, до ЧР и ЧЕ, но тем она ценнее. Спасибо автору. :plush46:

Борислав Михайличенко

Wow, even though I only read through Google translation, I am impressed by the article. Waiting for the better English translation, :ro_za:
by lilywang
13 Feb 2012, 23:18

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ледовые шоу(общая информация) || Shows News

... в финале такая военно патриотическая корейская песня...ммм..
Pyongyang, February 18 (KCNA) -- Foreigners left here Saturday after participating in commemorations of the birth anniversary of leader Kim Jong Il.
Figure skaters from Russia, China, Bulgaria, France and Finland who took part in the 21st Paektusan Prize International Figure Skating Festival also left on the same day.

Several Chinese posted on Chinese twitter that they spotted Plushy on direct flight from Beijing to St. Petersburg. They mentioned that he looked "frail", so they didn't press for autographs. Hope he rest well and get ready for the operation, :plush36:
by lilywang
20 Feb 2012, 04:10

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Praying for a speedy recovery, :plush47:

I honestly don't care about him continue to compete or not, as long as he is happy and healthy. If competing in Sochi is his dream, then I hope his dream comes true, as with all his other goals in life. But first and foremost, his health, happiness and peace in mind.
by lilywang
22 Feb 2012, 02:11

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Женя и его тренер А.Н.Мишин || Evgeni and his coach Mish

moreover arthur will be on the same team with the skater who will probably get the one spot at worlds, he knows whatever he does, that all the preparation will got for Plush, I hope Plush is not blaming him for the one spot, if they survive this season they will be fighting partners at sochi, but this season seems awful to boot..

Sorry that I have to disagree with you, dimi. And forgive me for my long rant, it is more to the reports and news that I read in the last couple of days :ro_za:

Now people are counting on Plushy to go to worlds because past performance has shown that Arthur has not reached the level of Plushy, and they expect that Plushy will perform better than him next season. If next season Arthur improves dramatically and beats Plushy in all competitions, Russian Nationals and Euro, then I am sure he will get his chance to go to Worlds.

It is unfair to Plushy to say that he is guaranteed a spot NO MATTER WHAT. In the general opinion, he is 'almost' guaranteed a spot BASED ON HIS PERFORMANCE, and the expectation that he WILL CONTINUE TO PERFORM AT THE HIGHEST LEVEL AMONG RUSSIAN MEN.

Honestly, I feel the whole situation puts Plushy under tremendous pressure. It seems that everyone has taken Plushy's struggle, pain and endurance for granted. And when others fail, no big deal, just bring out the old Plushy to save the day. And please be sure to save the world in a modest and humble fashion, don't ruffle feathers or hurt others' feelings. It reminds me of Worlds 2005, people don't view him as human anymore. He will be 30 years old next year, and fighting debilitating knee and back injuries. Honestly, I cannot imagine how the federation and the media will turn against him next year if he fails to deliver what they demanded.

He has never been guaranteed anything or handed anything on a silver platter, he FOUGHT his place all these years tooth and nail. The spot to Worlds 2013 does not belong to anyone, only the strongest male skater in Russia. And so far Plushy has demonstrated that he is the best male skater in Russia. Let others prove otherwise.
by lilywang
06 Apr 2012, 04:32

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I am not worried that Plushy will skate in Canada. Remember the gala at Vancouver 2010? How much pressure he was under in those days, but he skated the perfect Je Suis Malade and brought everyone to their feet! It is like he was fighting against the rest of the world, and he persevered! :co_ol:
by lilywang
06 Apr 2012, 23:19

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don't understand why pin the hope of Plushy's future competition on one choreographer, whether Camerlengo, or DW, or anyone else. Plushy knows what he is doing, if he wants to hire someone just as a consultant and get whatever he needs from them, it's fine with me.

Honestly I don't like the trend in figure skating where just a handful choreographers monopolize all the programs. I want to see diversity, I want to see skaters skate the programs that they are passionate about, not the programs that manufactured based on standard PCS production line.

I like David's Tango Roxanne very much, I would have no problem if Plushy wants to continue skate to David's program. He has been competing for so long, it is hard to stay motivated in the game. He has earned the right to skate the program that he likes, the program that he wants us to see.

Honestly my worst nightmare would be all three Mishin students, ET, Authur, and Plush skate to programs from the same choreographer, be it DW or Camerlengo or LN. That would be the day of industrialized mass production of figure skating.
by lilywang
27 Apr 2012, 19:53

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think we have to understand that Plushy is human, not a machine to switch on and off, switch to "DW" mode, or "Camerlengo" mode. He grew up in the 6.0 era and has strong personal style, no choreographer can change him into another person given two weeks or even two months of work. He is going to be Plushenko.

At this stage of his career, he first needs to stay healthy and stay motivated to compete. Having a program that he can relate to is important. I don't know what it would be like if he skated other choreographer's program last season, but I do know that he skated to 'Tango Roxanne' with that particular intensive emotion and playfulness, that he skated to gold, a personal best, and most importantly, a standing ovation from a raptured audience in that arena. What more can we ask for, and what more can a skater achieve? :ne_vi_del:

On a not so related note, nowadays a lot of the programs seem so contrived, in a shout-in-your-face "look how CoP friendly I am here!" way, there is no spontaneity, everything feels staged and clinically scrubbed. :plush34:
by lilywang
28 Apr 2012, 01:58

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Champions on Ice - Rimini, Italy 29.04.2012

Holly wrote:CHAMPIONS ON ICE 2012

:plush39: Wonderful report! Plushy always seems so happy in Italy.

Thanks for the great report, and cheering for him!
by lilywang
30 Apr 2012, 23:51

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Благотворит. шоу для детей || Charity shows 20.2 & 1.5.2

:plush30: Another tattoo? :plush27:

I will just have to pretend it is not there.
by lilywang
01 May 2012, 23:03

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

никонэко(Nikoneko) wrote:

OMG, :plush32:

Those are all my favorite paintings, now with my favorite skater!

So beautiful and original! :plush31:

Thanks for the beautiful ART! :plush39:
by lilywang
07 May 2012, 20:24

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

никонэко(Nikoneko) wrote:

Nikoneko, you are soooooooo talented! :sh_ок: :bra_vo:

We are lucky to have such talented Plushy fans, so much to enjoy on this forum, :plush32: :mo-ro_zi_vo:
by lilywang
08 May 2012, 20:02

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Различные голосования,рейтинги и т.п || Voting, ratings,

Plushenko beating the field at Europeans

That is not an upset, it is destiny, :-)
by lilywang
09 May 2012, 02:00

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why waste any breath on them? We all know how European and Asian sports commentators gushing about his artistry, charisma and charm during live broadcasts. That is how MILLIONS of people around the world got to know Plushenko. You think those NA bloggers and/or FSU posters can reach 0.01% of the audience? (whitebamboo, you remember how CCTV was all fan-girling towards Plushy during the whole Vancouver Olympic, :mi_ga_et: , that is at least 100 million people "brain-washed" :-) . Plushy haters could only dream about such power and influence ;;-))) )

I always found it very IRONIC that after LP in Vancouver, some of the U.S. media tried so hard to bash Plushy. But guess what, when it came to broadcasting the gala, NBC still had to show his performance around prime time. Plushy and Joannie Rochette were the only non-gold medalists that they showed, not even their own dance team, DW got that exposure. That is real impact in real life.
by lilywang
10 May 2012, 23:47

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

They had to show Joannie because she is Canadian, so a host and Plushy because he is Plushy. :k_i_n_g: They know how to raise the audience!!!! :plush45:

During Vancouver, Joannie got tremendous amount of publicity in U.S. because she lost her mother right before the game, poor girl. :plush36:

NBC showed Plushy's Je Suit Malade at prime time, and the Platinum performance speaks for itself, teaching them what is real ART. :ya_hoo_oo:

Mainstream media and internet message board are completely two different things. One TV appearance projects you to millions of people at a time. Plushy has been the center of attention for three consecutive Winter Olympics, for many, his name is synonymous to Figure Skating. Nothing can change that.
by lilywang
12 May 2012, 00:15

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Champions on Ice - Rimini, Italy 29.04.2012

Sara's Photo are sooooo gorgeous!!! :sh_ок: :plush31: :plush32: She captures exactly what Plushy looks like in our heart.

Bravo! :bra_vo:
by lilywang
19 May 2012, 01:28

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Artistry on Ice 2012 - China 09-17.06.2012 (4 shows)

This morning at Beijing capital international airport. He left Beijing at 9.
Accompanied reports are just cute)))) :son-ce: but I am not sure if my understanding was right, so I don't post here :smu:sche_nie:

I will try a brief translation:
送机结束'好幸福'好福利哦 :-) :-) :-)
Seeing him off at airport, so many 'benefits' :-) :-) :-) (she meant terrific chance of interacting with Plushy)

昨晚上忘了送的小兔子手偶'普拿在手上打招呼哦
Forgot to give him the bunny mitten puppet last night. Now Plush is saying Hi with it in his hand.

普进来'一眼瞧到那头金毛'赶紧追上去'普看到我们开心哦'就问我们昨晚睡好没 :-)
Plush is coming. We see the blonde hair and immediately follow up. Plush is happy to see us, he asked if we had good sleep last night. :-)

问了他有没有感觉到台北的地震'完全没有'but'edvin感觉到了'赶紧抓起小提琴跑'还作了跑的动作'问了小伊果'健康宝宝爱运动还纠正我们伊果的发音 :hi_hi_hi:
We asked whether he felt the earthquake in Taipei, he felt nothing. But Edvin felt it and grabbed his violin and tried to run. Plush mimicked him running. We asked Egor, he is a healthy baby, loves sports. He corrected our pronunciation of Egor, :hi_hi_hi:

普还给我们看了手机里小伊果的视频'骑小摩托'自行车'一脸的幸福 :-)
Plush showed us video of Egor on his phone, he was riding a little motorcycle and full of happiness. :-)

check in时给普查深圳天气'跟他说很热'有雨'普滴表情好可爱 :-)
When check in, we checked the whether in Shenzhen, and told him it will be very hot, and raining. His expression is so cute. :-)

普去贵宾休息室'跟他说see you tomorrow!他故意装惊讶'tomorrow? ;;-))) ;;-)))
明明早就知道了 :-)
最后飞吻byebye :-)
明天见!

Plush is going to the VIP lounge. We say to him “see you tomorrow!” He pretends to be surprised, "tomorrow?” ;;-))) ;;-)))
He knew it all ready! :-)
Finally blow kisses, bye bye :-)
See you tomorrow!

(These girls are going to all 3 shows in China, and Plush knew it from fan meeting before.)
by lilywang
13 Jun 2012, 06:12

Jump to forum
Jump to topic