Return

Re: FOOTBALL GUYS!

"He-he!" - Dai. ::yaz-yk:
by let`s talk
21 Aug 2011, 16:13

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I´m not a fan of his skating but I must admit he´s a very handsome man, I don´t know who will replace him when he retires.
He will remain in our memory as the most good-looking male skater! :plush34:

And now less nudity, more Plushy! :plush45:
http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/5339/111ica.jpg
by Дарина
17 Aug 2011, 20:07

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Japan Open 2011 & gala Carnival on Ice - Saitama, 01.10.

Roughly in English, for those who can't read Russian :-): :

Flo made a bunch of mistakes. The style of the program is pretty much the same as last year- half dancing, half show type, a lot of contacts with the audience. The costume was a la jungles style.
Kozuka's program looked a little undercooked yet but I am sure it's just a matter of time. Still his second score today was a little low methink :-( .
Buttle was like he alwasy was- playing safe. No attempts of quads or combos with 3A. In the second part of the FS he abandoned triples too and sticked with doubles only, like a junior girlish skater :plush42: . Why he got the second score that high- one more mystery :ne_vi_del: .
Artur had a really nice performance. He fell on 4T but in general he hit quite high score. His FS is with a new aura and idea. Very intersting. Still some judges can't accept this fact and keep giving him low PCS :kli_ny: . The biggest surprised for me was the number of Russian flags plush48 - as many as Japanese. I am not kidding. I seriously didn't realize that Artur is SO popular in Japan. Btw, one of the flags has the name of Evgeni on it, written in Russian :plush32: .
Dai made some technical mistakes but we know he can correct them. What he was very upset about is his PCS. A few days before JO he gave an interview and said that his new FS is gonna be in a new style. He asked for the support and told he was very nervous. The new program was I-am-a-rock-guy-next-door. Very unsusal after all those programs of Dai in gorgeous costumes and with character music. But Dai has 100% musicality. It seems like his body is the one who is playing the music, not just skating with it. His new style FS was good too. I don't really understand why some judges gave him quite low RCS :du_ma_et: .
Chan fell three times, skated some stuff a la Disney Zorro on Ice., i.e. the interpretation has nothing to do with that passionate music. And yet he got the astronomic PCS, obviously in order to compensate his falls. That's just unbelievable. Last season there were enough talks about how he won with numerous falls. And this year it looks like we are going to have the same story. The "best" part is Chan is taking it for granted and acts like an ass who has no idea what "fair play" stands for. I do feel for his competitors, who know that no matter how well they skate and how badly Chan skate, the judges will pull him out of his poo-ed jumps and compensate with PCS. It drives me mad! Enough!!! :plush43:

Both girls Alissa and Joanne was so-so. Once again confirmed the real true title of that team: team Chan&figurants. All three figurants skated poor or very poor. Chan "won" just because.
Alyona was not that good too. Akiko was fun but a little trivial.
Liza did really well. She was fast, charming, with good legs' and arms' work, like a Hyspanic scarlet rose owning the ice. She almost kicked Chan&figurants asses, just as little as 0.7 was short for the team Russia&Flo to win.
Miki was a disaster, not clear why. During the warm-up things were as usual.

Carnaval on ice was a classic quality show. Hanyu has a great potential. His jumps are high, with a long territory. Seems like he has wings and will never land. His footwork has the musicality of Dai and passion of Plush. What a cocktail! Of course he has a long way before he reaches the quality of both, but he is a teenager yet! Chan was skating in a la military costume, and with a mop. First he was cleaning the ice with it, then he started either kissing the mop or whispering smth. to it, not sure. Then he put the mop and did triples, all with mistakes at landing. Finally he did 2A and fell on his butt again- the 4th time during that day. Poor butt.
In all the rest, all skaters were fun to watch. And Dai and Miki got the super ovations. I had a really nice time today in Saitama!!!! :son-ce:
by let`s talk
01 Oct 2011, 22:03

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Japan Open 2011 & gala Carnival on Ice - Saitama, 01.10.

... Now they hope that Chan´s results will put pressure on ISU to change the system again and punish more failed attempts. But they are delusional because Chan will probably skate clean in major competitions, just like he did last season. :plush41: Haters gonna hate!!! ::yaz-yk:
The problem is not that he does have to be clean in the jumps - problem is his overstated PCS scores!!! :plush43:

.... that is, it is impossible that there is SO much difference in the quality of skating , between him and other skaters - it is offensive to the entire rest of the world - skaters, coaches, skating school, FS fans...! :ze_le_ny:

And I am not his hater :plush34: - I just do not like the insolence and impudence of the ISU/NA bureaucrats (money moguls), who are trying - without any consultation with other participants - change an entire type of sport, and force all the other skaters in the world to convert in only one skater - Chan's!!!!! :plush29:
by cekoni
05 Oct 2011, 07:20

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah, but the most charming guy in the world is, has been and always will be only him! :plush31:

Чемпионат России - Санкт-Петербург / Russian Championships - St. Petersburg 24-27.12.2009
http://www.photosight.ru/photos/3631554/
Автор: Putilin Andrey

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/4315/2010russnatpodium363155.jpg
by alysonshade
12 Oct 2011, 12:00

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Другие интересные новости || Other interesting news

Стефан Ламбьель: "Гачинский - не второй Плющенко. У него свое лицо"
http://news.sport-express.ru/2012-01-15/487248/

translation:
Stephane Lambiel: "Gachinski is not the second Plushenko. He is his own man"

Q: Recently, one of the main discussion topics in figure skating is yet another return to the ice of Evgeni Plushenko. What are your thoughts on this subject?

Stephane: I saw Zhenya's performance at Russian Nationals in Saransk and in my eyes Plushenko was magnificent, well, as always. I think for the time he had, Evgeni was in a pretty good shape. About his technical abilities we all already know. I always said if he's healthy and motivated he would come back. So I'm looking forward to the European Championships in Sheffield, with his participation, and of course I wish him good luck and many wins this season.

Q: Is it good for figure skating, when someone, who was already leaving the sport twice, is still a competitor for the gold in all the major competitions?

Stephane: You have to understand, that's not Evgeni's problem. If he himself is mentally prepared to take this road once again, from beginning to the end, then why not do it. I sincerely admit, I admire Plushenko's decision to come back again - it is a very bold move, once again proving what a great athlete Zhenya is and a real champion. I still remember all our battles, in Turin and in other big competitions. Sport - it is a real battle, but sometimes it happens, that your opponent is stronger than you and you have to accept that, as did I in my time.

Q: There's one more Mishin's student, Artur Gachinski. Will he be the second Plushenko - will it be good for him or bad?

Stephane: I think it won't happen, Artur has his own charisma. Besides, the skating styles of Plushenko and Gachinski are completely different. so there's no point comparing them. Believe me, they are totally different and we should give Artur a chance to be himself. Gachinski is not the second Plushenko. He is his own man.

Q: How about you, is 26 the age when one ought to finally say "no" to professional sport?

Stephane: Well yes, that is my case (laughs). My goal was 2010 Olympics in Vancouver, and unfortunately I could not win a medal there, finishing 4th. Now I perform in various shows and I love it. So I have no regrets and no thoughts of coming back - I'm content with the life I now live.
by Eve
15 Jan 2012, 22:35

Jump to forum
Jump to topic