Search found 217 matches

Return

Re: Пресса о Жене, интервью Жени || Press about Evgeni ON Ic

No, Yana said that it was just to be recorded, not live broadcast:
http://www.echo.msk.ru/news/1265558-echo.html

I feel sad that Evgeni feels that he had to prove this to people...I still don't think it is necessary, but then remember people like Zhurankov from last time...But I almost feel it cannot be helped. If Evgeni does not make the video public, they will say he is faking it. If he does make the video public, they will say that he is engaging in PR.

Sometimes I almost think people are tempted to speak ill of Evgeni and belittle him, and to say that he is "pretending", because to actually try to think about what he has done and suffered is too difficult for some minds.
by whitebamboo
24 Feb 2014, 21:08

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No, Yana said that it was just to be recorded, not live broadcast:
http://www.echo.msk.ru/news/1265558-echo.html
" Жена фигуриста Яна Рудковская заявила нам, что речь идет не о прямом эфире, а только о съемках операции."

----------------

Яна Рудковская: С Жени в Израиле возьмут подписку кровью:
http://www.sovsport.ru/sochi/texts/text-item/688595

Can someone please give a bit of translation for this interview of Yana's? :plush39: (I am not sure what is "blood subscription"...)

I am frightened that Evgeni is apparently serious...But maybe we will try not to thinking too far ahead.

Now I wonder if breaking of the screw--just at that moment as it did--was an "act of God", in some sense. Perhaps God had decided that Evgeni had already taken a greater miracle from His hands than humans could be allowed...(Forgive me, I had many strange thoughts these days.)
by whitebamboo
26 Feb 2014, 19:29

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Женя “вне льда” (cтатьи,фото,видео)|| Evgeni OFF the ice

I spoked with many ordinary russians after 13.02. (I was in Sochi until 24.02.) - most of them are not so "passionate" skating fans - his withdrawal, most of them, consider it like any other defeat in the sport - some time they were sad, but already tomorrow, forget about it ...

Of course, they have been a little more shocked, because they not even thinking about Plushy, as someone who can lose EVER - his aura of invincibility and impunity is now a little "chipped" among ordinary Russians, but all "fairy tales" must eventually come to the end - right? :mi_ga_et:

Russian have finally realized, that Plushy is also only "mortal man" ... nothing more that this.
People who loved him - love him still, maybe even more :plush45:

Yes, Evgeni is only a "mortal man"...And maybe many people forgot that, and saw him as "invicible" instead. Maybe some are disappointed to learn that he is only human, but to me, I wish people would stop and consider it a moment, and appreciate him, and appreciate what he has done, the more for the fact that he is "only human". Because in the end, people--fans or otherwise, Russian or otherwise--had no right to expect him to be anything else. If we wanted a "fairy tale", then we were wrong to be so greedy.

I remember the first interview Evgeni had in the spring of last year, after his disc replacement operation. He said that he estimated the chances of him making it to Sochi was 50%. But the truth is--as Yana finally told--actually at the time, based on what the doctors told him, they estimated his real chances of making it to Sochi to be one in a thousand.

I also remember an interview before the Russian Nationals, when Evgeni admitted that in the summer, when he first started to train again, he had a terrible fear before every jump, a fear that it might be his last, so much that with every jump, he felt like he was "jumping over a precipice". The fear was that the artificial disc and the screws in his back would not hold together. I was so moved when I read this interview, yet I so foolishly thought it was "only" a psychological barrier, one that he overcame. I thought this even until the team competition.

As Mishin kept on saying all year, what Evgeni was doing was "expanding the limits of human possibility". He was fighting against time, against pain, against the very laws of physics and biology, against fate itself--God Himself, if you will. And he won. What he achieved at Sochi, in the team competition: he took--by force--a great miracle from God's hands, if one dares to say such a thing. He took it by his own will and work and talent. Perhaps what he achieve was truly beyond the humanly possible, and he--not us--paid the price for it. Before the individual competition, when the metal screw broke inside of him, something that no one could have expected, and probably very few could have imagined--maybe that could only be fate reasserting its will.

After his withdrawal, I saw a Russian article in support of him, I think it was entitled "On Mercy". In the end of the article, the author comforts us, saying that after many decades, when Evgeni has grown old in a life of joy and fulfillment, people will remember his greatness, his achievements, what he has given to skating, and then "no one will remember what happened on February 13, 2014". I understand what the author meant, and what he wrote moved and comforted me, but in another sense, after having thought about it some more, I think I will also respectfully disagree with this last thought.

I do not think we should remember our heroes only by their moments of glory and victory, and try to forget their moments of adversity, as if these were moments that they should be ashamed of. Because these are the moments that show them to be human, and show ourselves to be human. And in these moments, we are not entitled to speak of "mercy" toward them, as if they require it.

So, I do not wish that people will forget what happened on February 13, 2014. Instead, I wish that people will come to remember it correctly. Namely, that steel broke, but not his spirit. That in the individual competition at the Sochi Olympics, Evgeni Plushenko, a human being, lost only to God. What he achieved at this Olympics is no less than what he did in his "days of glory". Maybe it was more, far more.

I am sorry, I know these are only my own thoughts; it doesn't answer the question of how people in Russia think about this...I think that maybe many people were overwhelmed by their own shock and disappointment, but in time, perhaps more people will come to see...I hope so.
by whitebamboo
03 Mar 2014, 07:01

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Интервью Жени || Evgeni's interviews

"You have the most decorated figure skater in the sport kind of being helped off the ice,'' NBC Olympic figure skating analyst Scott Hamilton said on TODAY Friday. "You want him to go off the ice on shoulders with his fist held high, not being helped off because of an injury. It was a very sad moment for me."

He wasn't "helped off the ice". You saw it, so there is no need to exaggerate or make things up, Mr. Hamilton. :plush34:

"At the end of his long program in the team competition, he kind of pulled up a little bit on a couple of his jumps and he said that his back was hurting, so I thought that might have laid some groundwork, but when he pulled out last night, my heart was heavy,'' Hamilton said.

I am sure you "thought" that, Mr. Hamilton...There were more than one Western commentators who predicted that he was "planning to withdraw" ahead of time, and who were more kind to him after he did withdraw. I am not saying that I don't appreciate their kindness, but to be honest, now that the real diagnosis came out, I would rather even more hope to see one of them actually say "I was wrong" for once...

(Sorry, maybe I am in an irritable mood, I know it is all past and all...)
by whitebamboo
16 Mar 2014, 04:33

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Искусство, вдохновленное Женей || Art inspired by Zhenya

A very beautiful photo collage wallpaper by dontcomehereitsmyocean on tumblr (click on the picture for full size):

http://dontcomehereitsmyocean.tumblr.co ... this-and-i
by whitebamboo
01 Apr 2014, 23:23

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Some bits of the TVRain interview with Ksenia Sobchak:
https://twitter.com/tvrain

«Владимир Владимирович сказал: "Женя, выздоравливай!"»
http://tvrain.ru/live pic.twitter.com/VDBakNvac3

«Я на самом деле не исключаю того, что я ещё вернусь в спорт. Я не буду торопиться в этот раз», — Евгений Плющенко »

«Когда я пришёл на CNN, я сказал: мне нужен переводчик. Переводчика не было.» http://tvrain.ru/live pic.twitter.com/p4xEg5rLxR

«Я спортсмен. Когда меня поставили в рамки "должен кататься", я сказал: буду кататься» — Евгений Плющенко.

«Все думают, что я влияю на Федерацию. Я — обычный спортсмен, который приехал на Олимпийские Игры», — Плющенко

«Федерация звонила Максиму Ковтуну. Что произошло, я не знаю. И не хочу вдаваться в подробности». Интервью Плющенко

Евгений Плющенко: «Вы хотите, чтобы я искусственно сделал травму, подставил своё имя, чтобы поехал Ковтун?»

«Я уже давным-давно мог уйти из спорта. У меня есть всё. Я ехал на Олимпиаду не из-за финансов» — Евгений Плющенко

«Стадион мне всегда аплодирует стоя. Потому что меня любят. А я — их» http://tvrain.ru/live pic.twitter.com/gyiLrqzWRn

«Многие не понимают: у нас один человек едет на Олимпиаду, потому что в прошлом году ребята выступили плохо»

«И мама, и друзья говорили: "Жека, заканчивай, тебе не нужна медаль". Я ответил: я хочу сделать что-то нереальное»

«Если бы я инициировал травму и снялся ради Ковтуна, с команды бы сняли 19 баллов». Смотрите интервью Плющенко

«Есть обида на Колю Валуева. Есть в этом элемент предательства. Видимо, Госдума баламутит мозг» — Евгений Плющенко

«Какая золотая, какая бронзовая? Ковтун не получил бы медали. Это в лучшем случае 6-ое место» http://tvrain.ru/live pic.twitter.com/rUm6ipZfTs

Плющенко: «После Ванкувера у нас с Федерацией были негативные отношения. Не было поддержки, не было финансирования»

«Больше всего на Олимпиаде поразил Виктор Ан» — смотрите интервью Евгения Плющенко по ссылке

«Есть люди с нетрадиционной ориентацией. Это их позиция. Не тебе их запрещать» — Плющенко о конфликте с Милоновым

«Я уже сидел в Думе и думал: скорее бы это всё закончилось. Это не моё» http://tvrain.ru/live pic.twitter.com/Blk6zz6rsv

Собчак: «Люди потратили деньги, чтобы тебя очернить?» Плющенко: «Конечно. Есть конкуренция в фигурном катании»

Собчак: «Кому выгоднее всего очернять Плющенко?» Плющенко: «У нас есть конкуренты: Илья Авербух и Ко»

«Я хотел наконец-то проехать тур по России. Когда всё это произошло, они сделали всё, чтобы я отсрочил этот тур»

Плющенко: «Сейчас нужно прооперироваться, восстановиться не спеша. Не хочу загадывать. Но тур состоится обязательно!»

Коллекция медалей Евгения Плющенко http://tvrain.ru/live pic.twitter.com/vm3l42G3pw

He spoke up about Avebukh and Co., but I am worried that of course they will attack him even more..
by whitebamboo
27 Feb 2014, 02:56

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Женя в Твиттере & ВК || Evgeni at Twitter, VK, Instagram

Personally, but still Plushy's tweet ... :smu:sche_nie: :son-ce:

@EvgeniPlushenko:
https://twitter.com/EvgeniPlushenko/status/454932394211299328

@cekoni Dear Sveta! Happy birthday! I wish you the lightest and kind !) thank you for your support me.. Plu

Happy birthday, dear! All of Plushy's fans are very thankful to you! :ki_ss:
by whitebamboo
12 Apr 2014, 22:07

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Интервью Жени || Evgeni's interviews

I haven't seen this posted here yet, Plushy's was on NBC's Today show, I think yesterday:
http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/today-legend-retires

He spoke of how he heard a "click" while landing that 3A in warmup, about how he was determined to skate until that very last moment. He also thanked Michelle Kwan and Evan Lysacek for supporting him.

I am sorry. It surprises and saddens me that NBC (!) seems to be treating Evgeni better here than some of the Russian media...
by whitebamboo
16 Feb 2014, 01:54

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Другие интересные новости || Other interesting news

Ирина Роднина
http://www.sovsport.ru/news/text-item/704817
http://izvestia.ru/news/569248#ixzz2zPv7dRdh

– Сочи, Олимпиада: Евгений Плющенко – герой или жертва?

— Из этических побуждений не буду задавать вопрос, почему он вовремя не отказался от индивидуального турнира.

— Тут никакой этики страшной нет, должна вам сказать. У каждого спортсмена, у каждой команды, у каждого тренера есть такой предмет — «тактика и теория». Наверное, что-то в тактике его поведения, его принятия решений было недосказано, и поэтому было многими не понято.

I am glad to see that Irina Rodnina is saying something more positive at this point!

But I don't quite understand what she meant here by "tactic and theory" regarding the question of the individual competition. Though I could only read it in google translation, it still appears to me that she is saying that it was somehow a planned/calculated decision on Evgeni's part. Maybe I am wrong, though. The screw broke right before the individual competition and it was simply not possible for Evgeni to skate. I don't see how this is so difficult to understand...
by whitebamboo
20 Apr 2014, 21:04

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think we will have to just wait and see, and take things one step at a time. After all, he hasn't even stepped on ice yet. He has always emphasized that he wants to compete with dignity, and I think it will depend very much on his condition.

I do think that Evgeni is going to try to do this because it is important to him, in a way that perhaps we cannot quite 100% understand. I know that I do not. I think it is important for me--just myself personally--to acknowledge that there are some things about him that I cannot understand. I also cannot say that I'm not frightened about this, but well, Evgeni knows the chances and risks better than anyone else. After all, I think nothing is determined yet...We will just have to wait and see.
by whitebamboo
27 Apr 2014, 00:16

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Seraphima Sakhanovich just posted a photo of her receiving an award on her VK:
http://vk.com/?w=wall-38088369_720

"Безусловно, фигурное катание – это мой спорт и чем-то другим я, наверное, не могла бы заниматься. С детства мне хотелось быть похожей на Женю Плющенко. Мне он нравится до сих пор, несмотря на то, что в последнее время его критикуют. Но я думаю, что он много сделал для страны, для нашей команды"

http://imageshack.com/a/img835/356/dk98.jpg
:co_ol: :plush31:

(I think it is probably from November of 2012, when she won the girls' event in the "Plushenko Cup", which was in honor of Evgeni's 30th birthday?)
by whitebamboo
27 Apr 2014, 02:54

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

P.S. just to add, what Averbukh all "grabed" in his voracity for overall monopoly: :plush34:
- his own award "Crystal skate" - he was turned into an national award under the auspices of of russian skating federation, which he personally delivers

LOL yes, I remember the Crystal Skate award. Specifically, the one in 2010, when Plushy had a big lead in the online vote for favorite skater, then the vote count of others suddenly increased past him :-) They also changed the rules mid-vote to bar non-Russian IP's, except as Russian fans found out, IP addresses in Russia did not seem to work, either :ps_ih: They still ended up giving Evgeni an award, though Avebukh was "disappointed at Zhenya" that he only accepted the award and did not skate in the award show...

(Sorry, I guess I can be rather vindictive. What can I say, the incident left quite an impression on me)
by whitebamboo
29 Apr 2014, 23:10

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Женя “вне льда” (cтатьи,фото,видео)|| Evgeni OFF the ice

Thanks for the translation, Dustman! The pic where Miyu is doing the Biellmann spin makes my heart ache a little, knowing how hard Plush worked to maintain it into his twenties.

It's interesting how he delves right into Miyu's "expressive power." And haters say he only cares about jumps. :kli_ny:

The haters who say this are simply inventing things out of their own heads. Evgeni has always cared a great deal about art in figure skating (I refuse to use the phrase "artistic skating"). Recently, when he was praising Hanyu, he especially talked about how he felt the younger skater did not merely mechanically perform the choreographed motions, but made it look like it was coming out of himself. And this is only one example out of many. And about his own programs, Evgeni usually did not say too much about them from an artistic point of view, but when he did, I was always very impressed by the sharpness and depth of his brief words.
by whitebamboo
03 May 2014, 06:44

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Искусство, вдохновленное Женей || Art inspired by Zhenya

‏@tian_skating
#plushenko Michael Jackson Medly!Absolute classical SP!

https://twitter.com/tian_skating/status/461846033253670913

The artist also posted this drawing on the Chinese weibo, with some very lovely words about the program:

http://www.weibo.com/1303462293/B2jrX60T3
说到02赛季的SP,遗憾只滑了一季,也从未再表演过。但真是留下了极其深刻的印象,尤其是中段完全是MJ附体,普皇绝对是艺术家,之所以称之为家,是他能驾驭任何的音乐,阳刚阴柔通通信手拈来。后有千万MJ,但经典只有一个

"...about the 02 season SP, it was a pity he skated it only one season, and did not perform it again afterwards. Yet it truly left a deep impression, especially in the middle part of the program, he was completely possessed by MJ. Emperor Plu is absolutely an artist, and the reason is that he can take control of any type of music, Strong and powerful/Yang or soft and delicate/Yin--he takes them all with natural ease. There are countless MJ imitators after, but there is only one classic..."
by whitebamboo
03 May 2014, 06:28

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Общая дискуссия || General discussion about Evgeni

Sorry in advance about this...I know it has been a long while, and Sochi is firmly in the past, but I just wanted to still make an addendum to this post. For the record, just in case it's needed again, perhaps. (In part because it seems to me that perhaps certain wrong impressions are still around.) I actually started to work on this after Sochi, but it really took me a very long time...

1. First, I only recently remembered this interview of Evgeni's, it is from Aug. 26 of 2013, before Tarasova and FFKKR officials started to suggest the possibility of having two different skaters for the team and the individual competitions:
http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/figur/11164.html
About the fact that Russia has only one men's singles spot, and the team vs. individual competition, he said this:

- Do you consider in your preparation that at the Olympic Games in Sochi, except for individual competitions will be more team tournament? Russia is entitled to only a single sculler.
- Of course, take into account. Instead of two starts in Sochi will be - four. For nine days. This is a serious burden. If the recovery goes well, I can do, and four rental, and more. But if for some reason I feel that I will not pull - will report this in advance, and then in Sochi will be the youth.

I wanted to put this quote here because it adds some context to Evgeni's statement about only skating the team competition at the RN in Dec. 2013, based on his mistaken understanding at the time, that it was possible without involving withdrawal due to injury. This earlier interview from August shows that he definitely did know the original rules correctly. So when he had the mistaken knowledge later, it can only refer to the "rule clarification" that the FFKKR was trying to obtain before the RN (approximately between October and December).

2. People probably know all about this, but I'll put it here too. On Jan. 18, after Kovtun's 5th place performance (the score was 232.37) at the Euros, Tarasova immediately turned around, and said that Plushenko should be the one to go to Sochi:
http://www.sovsport.ru/sochi/texts/text-item/676848

For athletes around the world will be an honor to speak at a single Olympics with Yevgeny Plushenko . Moreover , I believe he did not have any rentals not need anyone to show up . If he's healthy, and we all take such a decision : to put it on the home Olympics as a man of his country , no one dares not put it .

In another news report from the same day, Tarasova said:

Why Plushenko rental ? If he is healthy , then let decorate my performance the national team at the Olympics and it will bear the banner . He does not need no car . He outlawed and out of competition. That's all , "- said in a telephone conversation Tarasova told" R-Sport . "

I refer to the previous parts of this post for Tarasova's position right before the European Championships. This is an 180-degree turn for her, and it came before Evgeni's test skate on Jan. 21 (three days after the European Championships Men's LP).

3. After Sochi, Yana gave an interview (to a very hostile reporter), which appeared on Feb. 28. In the interview, she answered a question about what Evgeni said after the Russian Nationals LP:
http://www.sports.ru/tribuna/blogs/dud/580089.html?ext=yandex

- It's your original plan was: go to the Olympics, to act as a team, and then removed?
- Of course not.

- Plushenko unveiled the plan in December.
- Went to a story that Russia want to make two trips. Not until the end of the rules were clear: Is it possible to do a replacement without injury. As a result, ISU explained possible or not, at the last moment - in Sochi on the Russian championship. Eugene reads nothing, so he explained, in December, he heard that there is replacement option, but did not know the details. That said this to reporters. Later we were told: change is possible only in the case of fresh - it is fresh, and not a new injury. And it should not take notes, our doctors, and doctors IOC.

This is in agreement with what we already know. I think this is the first time someone from Plushenko’s side “officially” talked about his mistaken impression at the time. I will only say that I do wonder if there were still some things Yana left unsaid: for instance how the news of the “replacement option” was passed on to him. As we’ve seen, the FFKKR definitely knew what the “replacement option” was about right from the start, and I would say it was not exactly a “detail”. (See 1b, 1c in the earlier part of this thread. I actually also remember an interview of Tarasova’s from around the same time, in which she spoke in a similar way as Piseyev.)

4. And finally, here is the actual “rule clarification” from the ISU, Communication 1844:
http://static.isu.org/media/129144/1844-clarification-team-event-owg.pdf
The important thing is the last paragraph of Section 2:

For entries related to individual Figure Skating events (Pair Skating, Men, Ice Dance, Ladies) it is possible to make athletes replacements only up to and during the Team Leaders meeting for the Figure Skating (individual) events scheduled for 10.00 a.m. on February 10th, 2014, for the same circumstances as mentioned above (injury and/or sickness).

Recall that the team event ended on the night of Feb. 9. We all already know this, of course, but many general skating fans do not, so I thought I would also record the link here. The time window for replacement was a very brief one. When Evgeni’s conditions worsened during the training before the individual event, replacement was already impossible.
by whitebamboo
11 Jun 2014, 04:59

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

5. And after Evgeni withdrew from the individual event, the Minister of Sport, Vitaly Mutko, talked about Kovtun’s situation at the time when replacement was still possible. Note that this interview was dated the evening of Feb. 13, the same night of Evgeni’s withdrawal, and before Evgeni said anything at all about this particular matter:
http://www.vz.ru/news/2014/2/13/672480.html

"Then in training today (Thursday) on the training - back again. Replacement had to be done at night after the team competition. Kovtun And, incidentally, was not ready to come, "- he said.

6. On Feb. 14, Piseyev said this regarding Kovtun in an interview:
http://www.championat.com/olympic14/news-1761029-piseev-kovtun-pribolel-pered-olimpiadoj.html

"Unfortunately, he got sick before the Olympics . But he - our future, all in front of Maxim . Soon the World Cup, which will be held in Japan. He would go there and hopefully will perform adequately " - quoted Piseyev ITAR-TASS.

7. Now in this interview of Evgeni’s, he mentioned the same thing regarding Kovtun’s inability to come to Sochi:
http://www.sovsport.ru/sochi/texts/text-item/685221

- You have also heard that Maxim Kovtun night was off the phone , no one could find ?
- There is no comments, comments his coach that Maxim Kovtun ill. Sports minister also said that they tried to seek, have done everything possible , Maxim was not…

I wanted to put Mutko and Piseyev’s interviews about, because some people might think that Plushenko came up with this story to “blame” Kovtun—in part because his interview was the only one that got widely reported. The interviews by others show that it was definitely not only Evgeni who was saying this. Another small detail: in this particular interview, the reporter was the one who supplied the detail that Kovun’s phone was off.

8. I recall that after this, Kovtun’s coach first said that Plushenko had the responsibility to skate both the team and the individual events (therefore implying that they themselves did not take the idea or the responsibilities of the first alternate seriously):
http://sport.mail.ru/sochi/news/16977313/

Maybe I won’t make direct quotes from this interview at this point…Later, in another interview, Buyanova that they were waiting for the call. (I don’t have that particular exact links with me right now. I can find it later.)

Of course, we cannot know for certain what exactly was Kovtun’s situation on the night of Feb. 9 and the morning of Feb. 10 (before 10 AM), or how much an effort the FFKKR really put into looking for him. But really, none of this had anything to do with Evgeni. Anything he knew at the point could only be what the FFKKR officials told him.

9. Later on Feb. 17, Evgeni gave an interview with CNN:
http://edition.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/sports/2014/02/17/intv-davies-plushenko-sochi-skate.cnn.html

-I am not able to say right now what's happened, what happened. But if you ask the president of the Russian federation, he gonna explain everything.

-What has happened?
-He gonna explain it to you. He gonna explain why I tried to skate, why didn't skate the other skaters. But anyway—
….
-We won Olympic games team event. So after that, federation said, okay, do you want skate? How do you feel? I said, well, I feel not so good, I feel problem after long program. Team even, I miss two jumps. Triple Salchow I missed, and triple loop. Because I feel already the...(gestures to back) my muscles, sore. And I explained to my federation, better maybe if somebody else gonna skate. I asked them.

Of course, everything CNN does is politically motivated, and the reporter was trying hard to ask leading questions, but thinking back, I am glad that he had this interview. The main substantial point was that after the team event, he told FFKKR officials about his condition (which was not nearly as bad at that time in comparison with a few days later). He hid nothing from them.

10. Immediately after the CNN interview, the following statement appeared on the FFKKR official website:
http://fsrussia.ru/news/1106_evgenij-plyucshenko-nikto-na-menya-ne-davil/
In the statement, Evgeni said that he was not pressured into competing, and that limitations in his English was a factor. However, there was no denial in the statement about the main factual point of the interview—that he talked to the FFKKR about his physical condition after the team event. Perhaps this statement, which appeared so quickly, was meant to be “crisis PR”, but if so, it was “crisis PR” for the FFKKR, not Plushenko.

------------------------------------

Again, my apologies, I know that all this was in the past and I'm not trying to dwell on these things; this is more for completeness than for anything else. I was meaning to post this soon after Sochi, but it took me way to long to put them together (and maybe better late than never?)...
by whitebamboo
11 Jun 2014, 05:05

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Everyone is so smart after the fact. But when they were selecting the teams, they didn't know how their own athletes would perform, or how well other countries' athletes would perform. It's logical to select Plushy, who has a history of delivering under Olympic pressure. Can you imagine if their men's candidate had bombed the SP (first event) like Jeremy Abbott from the US did? And the rest of the team needed to dig themselves out of a hole? (Illinyk/Kastalopov, for instance, are a wonderful but inconsistent team. Who knows how they would've performed if the pressure hadn't been off them?) It's not like Plushy bombed both his programs and got the medal anyway. Media was praising him to the heavens until his WD.

Yes, indeed, these people would let out all their "assessments" after the fact, because after all, one can always say anything after the fact--it's impossible to go back in time to absolutely prove them wrong, after all. But one thing I noticed--all of Evgeni's actual Team Competition teammates were supportive of him, and appreciative of what he did for the team, in interviews after his withdrawal. It's a really good point about the fact that the men's SP was the very first event. Maybe there hasn't really been so many high-pressured team competitions in figure skating before, but in other sports (e. g. gymnastics) with team competitions in similar formats, the "domino effect" has been apparent plenty of times. (And remember at the time, Russia didn't have a gold in the home Olympic Games yet...)

Everyone one the Russian team performed well and with consistency, and Russia won with a big advantage, so people start to say they would have won with another man, too. But again--after the fact. Before the competition, Russia's advantage was by no means so clear. Most people were predicting a tight competition, and some were predicting that Canada would win. But of course, now all that was forgotten...
by whitebamboo
13 Jun 2014, 06:02

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just to to add more details (maybe they were mentioned before, but i forgot) :plush38:

... about rules:
- only one from FFKR who knew rules (said them in public) was Lakernik, and he repeated them all the time (from october 2013)
- Piseev "praised" Plushy after RN (for his statement on participation only in the team event) - so he also dont knew rules then
- last "clarification" of rules was asked by russian bloggers/journalists during Euros (january 2014), and they were obtained from Cinquanta at his press-conference

... about Kovtun's "illness":
- one whole week talk to media only his choreographer Chernishov ("Kovtun was sick, but not so much"). He never atacked Plushy.
- his coach Vodorezova-Buyanova was silent all the time - she start to talk about that, only when Sotnikova won gold. She atacked Plushy and FFKR.

---------------

Summary:
CSKA, TAT, and the whole team of their media tried until end to make some changes from ISU in rules, just because of Kovtun's participation. By me, they are simply: rude, selfish and greedy - they want it all, and want it now!

They wanted that Sotnikova skate and in a team competition, to become a two-time Olympic winner (with that they will deny the right to some russian couple on the medal, but dont care).
Why they continue to attacks on Plushy? All the time they are convinced that Plushy "stole" Team medal from Kovtun, no matter how he skated there (due to successful performances of other Russian skaters) - they are completely indifferent to others, or how he would performed at individual - only is important that one more medal will be in their possession.

Thank you very much for your summary and the additional information, dear Cekoni! :plush39:

I do have to say, though, that I cannot bring myself to believe that in FFKKR, the only one who actually knew the rules beforehand was Lakernik...Of course, it is impossible to prove things one way or the other. But they were the ones who talked behind the scenes to the ISU in October and November, in order to obtain this "rule clarification"--I cannot believe that they did not know what terms the ISU offered them. If Lakernik knew, then I really think that Piseev did, too.

From what Mishin said at the time of the test skate (something like "Lakernik will be present, to ensure an objective assessment"), and also from Yana's interview, I got somewhat of a sense that Plushy's team felt that Lakernik was someone who would be more honest and fair towards them in this situation. Of course, I may very well be wrong, but it would fit with the fact that apparently Lakernik was the only one who talked honestly in public about the "rule clarification"--the fact that it required withdrawal due to injury--in November. But as Yana said in her interview later, at that point Evgeni didn't follow the news, he was fully focused on his own training.

This is only a wild guess, but I think Piseev's first positive response to Evgeni's statement after the RN was simply because he thought that they'd gotten what they wanted from him. A possible theory is that maybe the situation kind of got out of their control after that point--because Evgeni's statement got reported widely, and people everywhere were taking notice and start to talk about what a scandal it would be. (E. g. the many questions about this "rule clarification" to Cinquanta at the Euros.) Yet even after Piseev admitted that Plushy would have to withdraw due to injury in order to switch skaters, it was clear from his words in the interviews after that he hasn't fully given up on the idea--as long as they could claim it was all "Plushenko's idea", somehow, and push the accusations of "cheating" onto him...
by whitebamboo
13 Jun 2014, 06:28

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Together on Ice (3 shows) - Sendai, Japan 13-14.06.2014

brief report from panda_wei, a Chinese fan in Japan (I hope she will not mind me quoting it here):
http://www.weibo.com/1765980201/B90cYgkAz?type=repost

然后,今天最热烈的掌声属于老艺术家,不,必须称呼为普皇。他的每一个动作,不是跳跃,是每一个动作,都得到了全场最高分贝的喝彩和雷鸣都不足以形容的掌声。这只属于永远的王者。

"The wildest applause today belonged to the Elder Artist--no, he must be called the Emperor Plu. Each of his movements--not jumps, but each movement--gained the highest-decibel cheers and applause for which "thunderous" is not enough to describe. This can belong only to one who is forever king."

(Note: "the Elder Artist" and "Emperor Plu" are both names for Plushy from Chinese skating fans)
by whitebamboo
15 Jun 2014, 05:26

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Artistry on Ice 2014 - China 25.07-03.08.2014 (4 shows)

Thank you!! :plush39:

There is a mistake in report. Mongolia is Mongolia, isn't China's province :mi_ga_et:

I think she probably meant Inner Mongolia? :-): Though I am not sure...

Thank you to everyone in China for so many pics and repos! I am stuck on a work trip right now and cannot go back to China, myself... :plush34: But I cannot wait for the secret program to be revealed!
by whitebamboo
24 Jul 2014, 17:01

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Иньервью Татьяны Тарасовой
http://ria.ru/sport/20141108/1032351120.html
...Тарасова добавила, что "ей очень жаль" Ханю и Хань Яня. "Но на разминке нужно быть предельно сконцентрированным. Случившаяся ситуация говорит о том, что два мальчика были невнимательны на разминке, так сказать, не ведали, что творили, а ведь всегда нужно следить друг за другом. Я не знаю, какие им поставили диагнозы, но стукнулись они очень сильно", — отметила специалист.
"Причем из-за этого столкновения произошла большая задержка — всегда давалось только три минуты. Вспомните, что Женя Плющенко , травмировавшийся на Олимпиаде во время разминки, не получил времени восстановиться, для него не остановили разминку. Хотя возможно, что-то изменилось в этом моменте в правилах", — заключила Тарасова.

I suppose I am prejudiced against her, and maybe I didn't understand the google translate completely correctly, but I don't see any need to compare between what happened with Han Yan and Yuzuru Hanyu this time at COC and what happened with Evgeni at Sochi...Or whether the wam-up should have been delayed has anything to do with it. Leaving aside the question of whether Hanyu and Yan should have skated yesterday (and one can argue that they probably should have been prevented from skating; potential concussions are dangers that should be taken seriously), the situation with Evgeni had absolutely nothing to do with whether he "did not get time to recover". He couldn't have recovered from a broken screw in his spine with anything short of surgery, no matter whether the warm-up was delayed or no.

(Sorry, I am probably just being too suspicious...)
by whitebamboo
09 Nov 2014, 21:08

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Награждения вне пьедестала || Evgeni's awards OFF Ice

cekoni wrote:
"Keep your friends close, but your enemies even closer".... LOL :-)

Is this Rodnina? (I'm not very good at faces...)
by whitebamboo
01 Jun 2014, 20:20

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ледовые шоу(общая информация) || Shows News

http://mp.weixin.qq.com/s?__biz=MzA5NzM2NTY4MA==&mid=203770016&idx=1&sn=a4d6b0fff5209fdef35c35caded833fd#rd
#plushenko will participate in the Opening ceremony of 2015 Worlds

Not too much details yet: in an official press-conference on the upcoming Shanghai World Figure Skating Championships, it was announced that Plushy will perform at the opening ceremony, which will take place at 17:00 on March 25, and will include the ceremony and a performance. Other than Plushenko, Davis/White and Shen/Zhao will also perform.

There are still some tickets left...(As I understand it, tickets for the pairs SP, which will take place immediately after, will include the opening ceremony)
by whitebamboo
03 Mar 2015, 22:28

Jump to forum
Jump to topic