Search found 2 matches

Return

Re: Дискуссии о Жене || Discussion about Plushy

I do not understand why there would be so many discussion. I think in general people considered Plushy would have a shot on podium in individual but not 100% guaranteed. So really his main task is to help Russia to gain Team gold, which he did.

Sure after the disastrous performances by the new Olympics gold and silver medalist in free skate, people would assume with what Plushenko did in team competition he really could have win a medal, maybe even gold. And naturally some people would think that if Kovtun attended instead of Plushenko Russia would have a shot. But all these are all assumptions. Plushenko risked his health performing great in team competition, and went on preparing for the individual, under the circumstances that the substitute skater is sick. He tried very hard, waited until the last moment still hoping miracle would happen so that he could skate. What's more one could ask from him?

It is not Plushenko's fault that Russia has only one spot. The other young skaters could not step up to create chances for themselves. I am not even talk about Kovtun's inability to bring back the second spot since he was indeed too young and inexperienced for WC (when he is not as talented as Hanyu). Let us assume that Plushenko would go to one of the WC and gain for Russia two (or even three) spots. But it would seriously damage his health (2012 he had problem with his knees so he went to doctors after EC; 2013 he had problem at his back and went to Israel for surgery). Can Russia risk to put Plushenko at risk just to make sure they have more young skaters showing on Olympics but possibly could earn nothing? I think not. And it is exactly why even if Plushenko lost on RN, as long as he can prove that he is ready, Russia still give him the spot. Kovtun had his chance to shine on EC and he blown it himself.

And back to Olympics, on team event, Russia won over Canada by 10 points, some people would naturally thought if Kovtun attended, Russia might still win. However, let us not forget that Plushenko's second, especially won over Patrick Chen is quite crucial for the tune of the team. That is an important point to win over Canada and boost the confidence in all other Russian skaters. Mental status is very important for such big Game, with Plushenko performing on fire, other skaters would feel less stressed and less worried. And to be honest, no matter how Plushenko's program might not seem so 'modern', he has such presence on ice, he is the scene to watch, he projects energy and holds the entire arena with his moves. That is the man who can lit up the entire stadium, with him in the team and fires as hell, you are on a winning boat. Can Kovtun do that? I don't think so. He is still too junior to me with only some good jumps but unfortunately he cannot deliver all the time.

Conclusion, Plushenko did what he was set to do, winning team gold. He tried his best to the end but his body just could not support his will anymore. He is a great athlete, a great Champion. People from all over the world say so. Russia should be proud to have him on their side, think about how many medals he brought back for Russia! He is national treasure and he can still do so much for Russian figure skating as a professional. Don't be narrow minded and so jealous. At least if you cannot say good things about him, just keep your silence.
by lovplush
16 Feb 2014, 18:55

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Интервью Жени || Evgeni's interviews

http://www.sovsport.ru/sochi/texts/text-item/685221
http://www.kp.ru/daily/26195.7/3082324/

Евгений Плющенко: Большинство на моей стороне!
Автор: Инесса Рассказова 15.02.2014
:ni_zia: Translation by Darina and Galina :plush39:
-------------------------------

Evgeni Plushenko: Most people are on my side!

-Zhenya, you visited the doctor today. The first and most important question, how do you feel now ?
- Yes, I visited the doctor, I had a few painkiller injections. Novocaine blockade , the pain is gone , so now I can say that I feel much better ... I'm glad I was able to win in Sochi another gold medal , but , of course , I was hoping for more , I'm sorry , I did not think that I would have to withdraw from competition due to problems with health. Of course, I wanted to put a period to my career and leave to the professionals. But as I already said, apparently, the Lord decided "it’s time for you, Zhenya, to finish". And to develop in another direction, to live, to live with a family, raise children, to engage in a coaching job in the future, to open my own school of figure skating. Of course, I am very sad that some people splash out on me their negative emotions, say that I had to give way to youngsters. In general, I felt the problem with my back during free skate at team event , when because of this I didn’t two triple jumps , Salchow and Loop. I said to figure skating federation that I can be replaced because there are problems in the back. But when they started to look for Maxim Kovtun ...

- And could not find him?
- They could not found first, and then it turned out that he was sick. I was suggested, "You can go on to skate." And I've tried myself. I tried to do my best for the country, for sport, figure skating, for the fans. But, unfortunately, it did not work out because there was a fall the day beforethe performance, hard fall from quadruple jump , and all was aggravated by Axel in three and a half turns at the warm up, and I just did not feel the body, did not feel right leg. I realized that to skate without jumps and finishing twentieth was, probably, wrong. Everything could end sadly for me. Therefore, there was "giving the way to young people" but a young athlete was sick at the time, so I went to the end.

- You have also heard that Maxim Kovtun was off the phone for twenty-four hours, no one could find him?
- Well, we have the comments, comments of his coach that Maxim Kovtun was ill. Sports minister also said that they tried to seek, have done everything possible, Maxim was not there. Therefore, people who now express their negative - they just do not know sports life , all the nuances. I can tell them only one thing: having won in my fourth Olympics one more gold , I want to show to everyone, including the young guys , that in no case you should not give up, if there are some difficult moments ... I had such a moment a year ago when I underwent a surgery on my spine, intervertebral disc was inserted, four screws and a bracket on the following intervertebral disk .
I think I performed a deed, and I 'll be glad if someone is inspired by it to continue to live, love his job and not to lose heart. Don't do it under any circumstances! ! I think I managed. Most people are still on my side. But others are just narrow-minded ...and they try to teach me now: "It was necessary to do in a such way or that way... ". I will unwish my fate anybody, especially in terms of surgeries, because the last one was very heavy . So I suggest to anyone who wants to tell something me now, try to be in my place and think: "Would I try to do this? ". Land a quadruple jump. Step on the ice of the Olympics in front of the eyes of the world and challenge the whole figure skating .

"Zhirinovsky got something personal. I even know - what"

- To discuss this topic even Vladimir Zhirinovsky joined with statements "Olympics is not a nursing home." Are you ready to answer Vladimir Zhirinovsky personally?
- I want to say to him that.a public figure has no right to express anything at all. A person who is not close to sport and, on the contrary, very far from the sport ... Perhaps he should go into the whole situation to begin to understand, and not to PR by means of other people. I think that the whole country and the mainstream society behave to him not positively. One the one hand this man is smart enough and I read his interview, watched Vladimir Solovyov’s political tv show "Duel" with his participation. And I actually found him to be an adequate person. But now from his point of view he claims that it is necessary to disperse the Figure Skating Federation. He does not know what is sport and what is basically figure skating. Due to this the reaction of foreign skaters on the incident is very different. Americans, Canadians, Brian Joubert, Michelle Kwan , Johnny Weir , Evan Lysacek. Scott Hamilton came up to me. Scott said: "You are doing an incredible sensation you're doing something new in figure skating and nobody had done that before you" They all understand. And Vladimir Zhirinovsky should probably mind his affairs in the State Duma of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation and do his work. And certainly not to get into sport and make such strong statements. Because he's not really capable of in this case. What can I say else? Unfortunately we have such a person-Zhirinovsky.

- Why did Vladimir Zhirinovsky become suddenly interested in figure skating, in Maxim Kovtun?
- I know a lot more than I can say. It's personal, it's for my family.

- I also thought there was something personal with him.
- Yes. Personal. That’s why his statements do not make me wonder. For me, this is not a news .

"Rodnina has a right for her own point of view"

- Zhenia, you mentioned, and I heard and read that and the two-time Olympic champions Tatiana Volosozhar and Maxim Trankov , legendary Tamara Moskvina, whose pairs won in four Olympics, Michelle Kwan and even your former rival in Vancouver Lysacek support you . Only the ice legend Irina Rodnina said some significant phrase that it is an" unsportsmanlike history ." Sport , or unsportsmanlike?
- I respect Irina Rodnina very much and both as a sportsman and a person. But if Irina Rodnina put herself in my place, if she is operated and inserted a new disk in the spine and this operation is being lasting three and a half hours ... Will she still want to skate? I do not think so, I even don’t except that her career would have been over. So it was unpleasant for me, of course, that Irina Rodnina speaks wrongful of me. But this is her point of view. I can’t prohibit it, and nobody can forbid to express anybody’s thoughts. I have already mentioned that I was ready to give place to Maxim Kovtun, but anybody couldn’t find him at first, then found out that he was ill. You know, I do not see any great prospects for our men. To take tenth, fifteenth places ... I do not think there was any serious fundamental difference : either not to skate or to take tenth or fifteenth place . The world is our guys oyster. They can participate in the World Cups, following the Olympic Games. Let them prepare properly and show themselves in all their glory, with good jumps and transitions. I tried to go to the end, did everything possible. And if I wasn’t injured, I would skate.

- Zhenia, I want to go back to that moment when you came out on the ice, it was clear that you were very sick, you turned to Mishin, the judges ... Trankov called it a courageous act - that you decided to go out and say goodbye to the fans . Agree that it would be morally easier for you not to go at all and announce that to press.
- Yes, it happened suddenly. The worst pain occurred already there, on the ice. While doing 3 axel-jump when I jumped on my feet, landed it badly, I just shattered ... And I could not skate. I wish that was the end of my career, but I'm very happy. Very happy that together with my team we won gold medals. I 'm proud, proud that all was in this season, it was incredibly difficult. But I ‘m leaving sport as a two-time Olympic champion, I have two Olympic silver medals from four Olympics, and in my opinion, in our modern world, nobody has the same.

- Your show tour is planned very soon. Will you skate?
- I canceled my shows in Italy in late February, with regard to further performances in March and April, it will all depend on my health and how successful a process of rehabilitation will be.
by cekoni
20 Feb 2014, 14:00

Jump to forum
Jump to topic