Женя накануне Олимпиады|| Plushy before Olympics

Зимние Олимпийские игры 2010 в Ванкувере || Winter Olympic games 2010 in Vancouver

Re: ОИ новости и общее обсуждение || OG news & discussion

Postby masha » 06 Feb 2010, 00:43

Scarlett wrote:
masha wrote:Можете смеяться, но очень многие спортсмены серьёзно подходят к этой системе.

ничего смешного на самом деле, я по теннису сужу, там ведь тоже одни перелеты с одного турнира на другой. Но Женя и его команда знают все таки как лучше, не новички в этом деле. Я просто уже начала нервничать и из за всего переживаю :smu:sche_nie:

Я тоже ! каждый день об этом думаю!
masha

Postby Ania_i_Tania » 06 Feb 2010, 01:33

Девушки, не переживайте, все будет хорошо! Женя справится, мы уверенны! :co_ol:
Ania_i_Tania

Postby Antolla » 06 Feb 2010, 01:38

masha wrote: Ещё существует такая теория , что аклиматизационные дни после приезда ( то есть , когда тебя клинит, и ты ничего не можешь) это - 5ый, 7ой, 9ый и 14ый. День приезда не считается. 12 Женя там, 16ое - это 4ый день, а 18ое - 6ой. Можете смеяться, но очень многие спортсмены серьёзно подходят к этой системе.

Я кстати где-то тоже уже слышала об этой системе и о днях когда клинит или нет. В любом случае - у Жени есть богатый опыт, ну не впервые же они туда едут :mi_ga_et: , так что будем полагаться на Женю и на Алексея Николаевича :-):

А вообще устроить в Питере себе канадское время по идее забавно - ни пробок тебе, никого вообще, красота :-) , у темно у нас сейчас как морозы спали и так практически круглые сутки :pro_spal:
"Когда на свете появляется истинный гений, то узнать его можно хотя бы потому, что все тупоголовые соединяются в борьбе против него".
Джонатан Свифт
Antolla

Postby cekoni » 06 Feb 2010, 04:20

masha wrote:
Scarlett wrote:У Жени на самом деле мало времени на акклиматизацию, если он только 11 вылетит, часовые пояса совем разные с Россией. :smu:sche_nie:

Вот я о том уже и говорила. Но судя по всему Жубер тоже выбрал похожую стратегию. Обычно делается так - дома , но просыпаешься и тренируешься по тем часам, по каторым тебе потом выступать,....

I think the same :co_ol:

I remember when Plushy said, that they were came too early in Salt Lake City 2002 - 2 weeks earlier - and that he was "burnt" there because a long waiting ... so, they have the "experience" with North America :mi_ga_et: :plush47:
cekoni
Administrator

Re: Женя накануне Олимпиады|| Plushy before Olympics

Postby cekoni » 06 Feb 2010, 07:13

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/o ... tch07.html
February 4, 2010 By Ron Judd, Seattle Times staff reporter

12 to watch from around the world

Here are 12 of the hottest stories from around the world for the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver.

Evgeni Plushenko, Russia, figure skating

When we last saw him in Turin four years ago, Plushenko didn't just compete in men's figure skating, he owned the event. The gap between Plushenko and everyone else was so broad that the competition, from the moment the Russian finished his perfect short program, was all about the race for second. A perfectionist on the ice, the three-time world and six-time European champion largely walked away from the sport after Turin. But he returned with a flourish this fall, and appears to have lost little of his flair in a calculated buildup to the Vancouver Games. If he's healthy, the 27-year-old will be a gold-medal favorite despite serious competition from Evan Lysacek, the reigning World Champion from America, and home-nation favorite Patrick Chan of Canada....

-----------------------------------------

Ирина wrote:http://www.championat.ru/other/news-410750.html

Мишин: флаг должен нести хоккеист

Mishin: flag must bear some hockey player plush48

Coach Alexei Mishin, who is a mentor of Olympic champion Evgeni Plushenko, believes that his ward does not need to be a flag bearer, and he will gave the honor of being the masters of the other ridge.

"Evgeni very highly appreciated the confidence in the team, but the main task for us - good performance. Purely on the points related to preparation for a competition, participate in the parade opening it is not necessary. It would be nice to have someone from our wonderful hockey players carrying the flag. I really respect them." :hi_hi_hi:
cekoni
Administrator

Postby Ирина » 06 Feb 2010, 15:12

Да, я тоже очень переживаю за аклиматизацию.Очень мало времени. :plush34: Надеюсь,что справится :plush47: А раньше ехать :du_ma_et: да,учитывая опыт ОИ-2002(когда приехал слишком рано,"перегорел")не хочет.Будем надеяться,что ему с Мишиным виднее,и что всё будет хорошо :plush47:
..."Российский фигурист Евгений Плющенко добился уникального достижения. Он выступил на четвертых Олимпийских играх - и выиграл четвертую медаль,став двукратным олимпийским чемпионом! "...
Ирина
Администратор

Postby alenaelena28 » 06 Feb 2010, 19:21

А мне кажется , что при таком напряжение и такой самоотдачи в работе он :plush31: про еду просто забывает... Вспомните себя очень хочется есть когда влюблен или перед экзаменом... Но Женина диета мне понравилась я тоже по ней немного похудела ... Спасибо :plush39:
alenaelena28

Postby cekoni » 06 Feb 2010, 23:57

Ирина wrote:http://www.mr7.ru/sport/other/story_23697.html
Евгений Плющенко полетит в Ванкувер бизнес-классом ....

.. translation... :ni_zia:

After he failed to buy tickets with enhanced comfort for the direct flight to the Canada, Plushenko decided to fly in the business class through Moscow. Plushenko flies from the Moscow on February 11....
cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 08 Feb 2010, 05:41

http://www.requiredelements.com/2010/2/4/1...look-men-evgeny
Skatergirl_tiny by LauraS on Feb 4, 2010

Olympic Outlook (Men): Evgeny Plushenko

Next week, I'll start doing general event previews for each Olympic skating event. But I'm starting out with in-depth looks at skaters I feel are particularly likely to be in the Olympic medal mix. If there are multiple skaters in an event from the same country who may make a mark, I'll include them in one post. Russia is sending Evgeny Plushenko and Artem Borodulin as its men's Olympic team to Vancouver. Plushenko is the one to watch.

Evgeny Plushenko

He is: The reigning Olympic gold medalist, with a good chance at becoming the first repeat male gold medalist since Dick Button in 1952.

He is: Consistently doing some of the most difficult jumping of any of the men (landing his quadruple toe/triple toe combination with regularlity)

He is: Fiercely competitive (those in your face number one hand gestures are not for his health)

He is: I believe, the Olympic gold medal favorite this year. :plush45:

You say Evgeni, I say Evgeny. No matter how you spell the man's name, the other competitors should be scared to face Plushenko in Vancouver this month. He has barely lost a competition over the last ten years. A DECADE. He is a three-time world champion, and a two-time Olympic medalist (silver from Salt Lake City in 2002). After taking a break after the 2006 Olympics, he had no problem at all coming back and winning every competition he has entered this season.

Plushenko is an all-around threat. Although he has been very consistent with his jumps (particularly his quads and triple axels), he has also routinely received extremely high program components scores through his career. I don't particularly love his brand of choreography (he gets grief from some of us for his excessive...arm flailing), but his skating skills are strong and he is rewarded for that. The International Skating Union judges respect his artistry, and that's all that really matters. Plushenko has even doubled a couple of lutzes this season and not all of his jump landings have been perfect - but when you build up the leads he has been building up with the rest of his difficulty, such mistakes no longer make much of a difference.

This season, Plushenko returned to competition for the first time since the 2006 Olympics. He easily won the Rostelecom Cup Grand Prix event, won the Russian nationals with scores that are too high to be trusted, and easily won the European Championships. His short program score of 91.30 is now the ISU short program record. The only true concern he might have is that his free skate program components scored slightly below those of Switzerland's Stephane Lambiel...but he still received extremely high scores for the program.

Plushenko has been consistently landing a quad in his short program and a quad in his free skate. He has been quoted in the press as saying he'll need two quads in his free skate in order to win the Olympics. I don't think this is true, and as he has not done two quads in the free skate this season, I wonder if that decision will end up coming back to haunt him. If he builds up a mammoth lead in the short program as he has been doing so far this season, I am not sure he would risk the second quad in the free skate.

Quick Take

The Programs: I think both Plushenko's short and long programs (free skate) are well-designed. They aren't going to be included in my favorite programs of the season, but they are good. His free skate starts off as a bit of a jumping clinic, but once he gets those first few jumps out of the way, he starts to get a bit more interesting and challenging with the jump entrances and the footwork and spins.

Latest Performance: Plushenko recently won the European championships with two solid programs. The only major error was doubling a triple lutz (and proceeding to land it wonky) and it didn't hurt him much.

Strengths: Jumping ability, spin flexibility, consistency. As mentioned above, Plushenko builds up huge short program leads. At that point, he has a lot less pressure heading into free skates, while the other skaters come in with a lot more to worry about.

Weaknesses: Might not receive the highest program components scores, but his are still so high I wouldn't consider this a true weakness.

It gives me the creeps when: He does those weird finger kisses at the end of his programs. STOP DOING THAT. (nooooooooooo! :-) )

I think it's awesome when: He lands those quadruple toe/triple toe loop combinations.

Olympic Outlook: I see Plushenko on the podium. I'll be surprised if he doesn't win the gold medal based on his scoring this season, but there are certainly skaters who can give him a run for his money if they are on. But the other skaters are going to have to start skating a lot cleaner than they have been in order to truly compete with him.

--------------------------------------------------

www.nytimes.com/reuters/2010/02/02/...ng-preview.html
By REUTERS Published: February 2, 2010

Plushenko Goes For Rare Golden Double

LONDON (Reuters) - Yevgeny Plushenko has always had a passion for driving high-speed cars but after getting bored with life in the fast lane he has returned to the rink in pursuit of the ultimate adrenaline rush -- to defend his crown at the Vancouver Olympics.

The fact that no man has won successive Olympic titles in almost six decades is not lost on the Russian, who has come out of a 3-1/2 year retirement to try to pull off a feat that even greats such as Alexei Yagudin did not have the desire to pursue.

"Many people asked me: 'Why do you need this? The training, the stress. You have everything -- money, fame, titles. Why are you returning?'" said the 27-year-old, who famously spotted his first wife Maria Ermak while racing his Maserati.

"But in all honesty, I got bored with all that," added Plushenko, who looked like he had never been away when he triumphed at last month's European Championships.

Now armed with a new wife 'who never stops nagging' him to skate, Plushenko is ready to show the pretenders to his throne, including fellow comeback kid and Olympic silver medalist Stephane Lambiel, former world champion Brian Joubert and Canadian favorite Patrick Chan, how to pull off show-stopping routines that leave fans and judges wide-eyed.

Chan, the son of Chinese immigrants, would have fancied his chances of becoming the first Canadian to land the men's Olympic title after his silver-medal performance at the 2009 worlds.

The return of Plushenko and Lambiel, who both perform high-scoring quadruple toeloops, could ruin his dream, however, as he has abandoned his gamble to include the risky jumps in his program.

"I don't really want to make any changes and risk putting the quad on the most important competition of my life," Chan told reporters in a conference call. "I can't think about what they're going to do. I want to attack and see how they react."

Chan will have no doubt noted that the now-retired Canadian Jeffrey Buttle and American Evan Lysacek won the last two world titles without a quad in their programs....
cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 08 Feb 2010, 11:29

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article. ... y=ice_news
By Amy Rosewater, special to icenetwork.com

Men's event shaping up to be a nailbiter in Vancouver
Experts say field is wide open for Olympic gold

While Evgeni Plushenko is a heavy favorite to win the men's gold, the elite, highly capable field is wide open heading into Vancouver. (Getty Images)

(02/05/2010) - Brian Orser has two words to say about his prediction for the men's figure skating event in Vancouver: Wide open.

"I wouldn't put anyone on the podium guaranteed for sure,'' Orser said. "There's no real shoo-in.''

The last time the Winter Games were held in Canada, back in 1988 in Calgary, there were two clear-cut contenders for the gold medal: Orser and Brian Boitano. Indeed the "Battle of the Brians'' lived up to the hype and Boitano edged Orser for the Olympic title.
But that was 22 years ago, and plenty has changed in figure skating. Back then, the 6.0 judging system was in place and favorites frequently would hold their positions in the standings even with stumbles. Now, with the advent of a much more complex and unforgiving system, positions change as fast as hosts of late-night television.

Just last week at the Four Continents Championships in Korea, Adam Rippon vaulted from seventh place in the short program to first.
And at the Olympics, and no one knows this better than Orser, anything can happen.

That said, there are a number of frontrunners in this medal race. The most intriguing is Russia's Evgeni Plushenko, who returned to competitive skating this season after a three-year hiatus. He won the gold medal at the Olympic Winter Games in Torino and when he returned to competition at the Cup of Russia in October, it didn't look as if he took a day off let alone a few years.

His first jump at that event? A quad toe-triple toe combination. He won the long program as well and then cruised to a record eighth Russian national title in late December. Then last month in Estonia, he claimed his sixth European title. The layoff and a bothersome knee haven't seemed to cause him much problem.

"Things have gone according to plan but the most important thing is the Olympics," Plushenko told reporters in Estonia.

American champion Jeremy Abbott admitted he wasn't too excited when he heard Plushenko was back on the competitive ice.
"When I first heard he was coming back, I wasn't elated,'' Abbott said. "He's always a little intimidating.''

After Plushenko's 2009-10 debut at Cup of Russia, the 'oohing' and 'aahing' has calmed down a bit.
"Now he's kind of become another competitor,'' Abbott said. "I don't hold him out on a pedestal.''

Plushenko's scores have been high, some argue too high, yet he hasn't escaped criticism from those who say he needs to improve his spins, step sequences and overall choreography. All of those elements are much more scrutinized than they ever were in the past.

"I am impressed he's been able to come back and I'm sure it was not easy for him,'' Orser said. "But the further he gets away from Russia, the closer the scores get to where they should be.''

Plushenko might not get much farther from Russia after these Games. In a news conference late last month he told reporters he was mulling over the decision on whether he would continue competing through the 2014 Winter Games, which, conveniently, will be held in Sochi.

Also in the medal mix in Vancouver is another comeback kid from Torino, Stéphane Lambiel, the two-time world champion from Switzerland and France's Brian Joubert, who earned a bronze medal at Europeans despite undergoing foot surgery in December.

Lambiel captured world crowns in 2005 and 2006 but fell to third place in 2007. He decided to make an Olympic-year comeback but couldn't compete until the European Championships last month with an injured abductor muscle. Lambiel proved he could still compete with the best by producing a silver-medal performance at Europeans. However, he finished 16.85 points behind Plushenko.

"There are about six guys who can all contend for a medal,'' Orser said. "But, if I had to pick a favorite, I would say it's Lambiel. I've seen him skate closely this summer because he did a lot of training in Toronto and I think he's the poster child for this system. He has great spins and transitions and, he has a quad.''

Joubert, meanwhile, has been erratic. He was fourth at the Grand Prix in Paris and then won the NHK Trophy.

Then, of course, is Patrick Chan, who enters these Games with the hopes of the host nation of Canada riding on his skates. Chan has struggled this season, missing Cup of Russia with a calf injury, placing sixth at Skate Canada and then splitting with his coach of the past few years, Don Laws, in the days leading up to Canadian nationals.
Yet last month, Chan had little problem placing first at nationals and securing a spot on the Olympic team.

Jeffrey Buttle, a Canadian world champion who earned a bronze medal in Torino, had an opportunity to talk to Chan the day after Canadian nationals. Buttle is aware of the huge pressures weighing on Chan and said he even notices kids at the rink using Patrick Chan water bottles they've picked up at a nearby McDonald's.
"His face is everywhere in Canada and it's great exposure,'' Buttle said. "He just needs to make sure he finds a balance. He should be selfish.''

A Toronto-based choreographer these days, Buttle enjoys watching Chan's smoothness on the ice. Chan, who lands quads in practices, said he sticking with triple Axels for the Olympics. Buttle was able to win a world title without attempting a quad in 2008. American Evan Lysacek followed that lead in 2009. So, there's no reason for Buttle to believe his compatriot can't win without a quad.
"If it becomes a close call and Patrick skates well, I think Patrick has enough quality to his skating to win,'' Buttle said. "His in-between skating and connecting steps are just so difficult. There is substance between his jumps.''

But wait.

We haven't even delved into the American contingent or Japan's dynamic duo of Daisuke Takahashi and Nobunari Oda. And, oh yeah, there's Tomas Verner, of the Czech Republic, who is on the outside looking in (with a quad).

The United States has three viable medal contenders with Lysacek entering as the reigning world champion, Abbott coming off two commanding performances at the recent U.S. Championships in Spokane, Wash., and Johnny Weir, the 2008 world bronze medalist.

Of the three, Abbott by far looked the strongest at nationals. He left his decade-long training base and coach in Colorado Springs, Colo., to work with Yuka Sato and Jason Dungjen in Detroit, and some wondered how the change would impact his skating. His programs at the U.S. Championships answered those questions.

"I think I started my season too early last year,'' Abbott said. "There was too much to handle at the end of the season.''

Last season, he made quite an impression by winning the Grand Prix Final. He followed up that performance by winning his first national title but it wasn't exactly his strongest showing. Then he placed 11th at worlds.
This season, he was fifth at the NHK Trophy but followed up with a victory at Skate Canada. He was fourth at the Grand Prix Final and then was masterful at nationals. He plans on attempting a quad, saying the risky element "puts me in the top echelon of skaters.''

As the reigning world champion, Lysacek comes in with a No. 1 on his back but history has not been too kind to world champs at the Olympics. The last reigning men's world champion to win the Olympic figure skating gold medal was Scott Hamilton, who was a three-time world champion entering the 1984 Winter Games in Sarajevo.
Lysacek is looking for the gold medal, of course, but a spot on the podium would literally be a step up for him. He placed fourth at the Olympics in Torino. After a disappointing 10th-place showing in the short program there, he can only wonder what might have been.

Weir, too, competed in Torino and placed fifth. After winning three consecutive national titles from 2004 through 2006, he has not placed better than second at nationals since. Still, he was strong enough to earn a bronze at the Grand Prix Final. Lately, however, there has been more media attention focused on the fox fur on his costume and his reality TV show than there has been on his skating.

Japan should also field a strong Olympic team with national champion Takahashi, Oda and Takahiko Kozuka. Takahashi tore ligaments in his right knee in 2008 but returned to the ice in April 2009. He was strong enough to qualify for the Grand Prix Final and even won the short program, but he fell to fifth overall after the free skate.

Oda, meanwhile, won both Grand Prix events he entered (in China and France) and was runner-up at the Grand Prix Final. Yet he was second to Takahashi at nationals. Kozuka, whose father, Tsuguhiko, competed in the 1968 Olympic Games, also will represent Japan in Vancouver.

Verner, meanwhile, was fourth at the world championships but has pretty much dropped out of the medal podium since. He was sixth at the Grand Prix Final and was 10th at the European Championships.

Still, in this era of this sport, no one can ever truly be ruled out.

"I think it's going to be one of the most exciting events with all the guys coming back,'' said Scott Davis, who competed for the U.S. at the 1994 Olympics when many top skaters returned to the Olympic ice after time off from competition.
The Olympics is a different beast,'' added Davis, who will be in Vancouver coaching Canada's Vaughn Chipeur. "It's not always who's expected to win, wins.''

This year, more than ever, that is probably the safest bet.
cekoni
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Ванкувер 2010 || Vancouver 2010