Press on English about Evgeni after LP

Зимние Олимпийские игры 2010 в Ванкувере || Winter Olympic games 2010 in Vancouver

Re: Press on English about Evgeni after LP

Postby cekoni » 04 Mar 2010, 17:17

http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_d...0030301007.html
Mar. 03, 2010 12:48 KST

Mao Asada Aims for Quadruple Jump

Olympic silver medalist Mao Asada of Japan has pledged to perform a quadruple in the 2014 Olympics in Sochi, Russia to claim gold. A quadruple jump is so difficult that even many male skaters opted out of it in this year's Olympics.

Japanese media reported on Monday that Asada practiced jumps with Evgeni Plushenko, who won a silver medal in the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics.

Plushenko's quadruple jumps are legendary. After he won gold in the 2006 Olympics in Turin, he came back to defend the title, but ended up with silver. In the official practice for the figure skating exhibition gala, he easily nailed a quadruple toe loop. Asada and Plushenko took pictures together, Asada kissing him on the cheek. After the practice, Asada said, "I was happy to skate with him, and it was great to watch his skating and quadruple jump close up."

Plushenko was quoted as saying, "Although she seems to have trouble with landings, she has sharp rotations. I can help. I would love to train with her if she wants to."
The foremost goal for Asada is to perfect her triple axel; the quad comes next. It is still uncertain whether she will be able to do a quad with Plushenko's help, but if she does, she will be one of the favorites to win gold in 2014.

-----------------------------------------

Triple Axel or Quad? :du_ma_et: :ne_vi_del:
cekoni
Administrator

Postby Dangerina » 04 Mar 2010, 17:20

Яна, ахтунг!!! :sh_ok: :-)
*я б своего не пустила :hi_hi_hi: *
Dangerina

Postby cekoni » 04 Mar 2010, 17:27

http://crushable.com/entertainment/exclusi...ionable-future/
March 3, 2010 - 12:57 pm ET

Exclusive: Johnny Weir's Fashionable Future

Now that the 2010 Olympics are over, figure skater Johnny Weir can take a deep breath. But, of course, just because the biggest competitive event of the year is over doesn’t mean Johnny has any plans to settle down. The Russian-trained skater is gearing up for the World Championships in Italy, and then plans to tour some more before finally taking a much-needed vacation (hint: his plans involve riding a yak)....

- What are your plans for the future? Are you going to be competing in the World Championships?

- At the moment I’m planning to go to Torino at the end of the month [to compete in the World Championships], and then Evgeni Plushenko and I are going to tour across Russia and Europe, doing shows. Then we’ll be in Asia in the next few months.

- You mention that you feel that Russia is like your second home, and you have trained in the Russian style, but where Russians once dominated the medal stand in figure skating, they weren’t as successful at the Olympics this year. What is your reaction to that?

- Figure skating is very political and if you have a skating event in North America, the judges will push the North American skaters to the top. But you better believe that North Americans will have a tough time when they are competing in Russia at the next Olympics in Sochi. :-) And if you look at my scores, I had the support and the highest scores from mainly Russian and Eastern European judges, not from the American, Canadian or Western European judges. Russia is very strong, I trained with Russian ladies’ champion, and it was her first year at senior level and she made a very big splash. In Torino [in 2006], the Russians won all but one event, and won one medal in at least every event. And you can’t always stay on top.....

--------------------

... more here: http://crushable.com/entertainment/exclusi...ionable-future/
cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 05 Mar 2010, 12:21

Not mentioned Plushy, but it has to do and with his criticism of Russian sports officials... :plush34:

Russian Olympic Committee head 'resigns' after Medvedev criticism
http://en.rian.ru/sports/20100303/158081640.html
cekoni
Administrator

Postby AnyaNikolaievna » 06 Mar 2010, 01:48

You know it's not REALLY Plushenko-related but I gotta say that Johnny Weir is doing a lot of press here in the US and I think it's really helping Zhenya's reputation here. I just saw him on the Bonnie Hunt show and when she made a comment on Zhenya, he was QUICK to say, "Plushenko's a good friend of mine." Although he picked on his hairstyle, he pointed out that Zhenya does have a language barrier to overcome and agrees with his position on the sport, how it needs to progress. He also said he COULD have taken offense at his comments about the quad, but DIDN'T. I really admire him for standing up for Zhenya (course they're friends, so he shows his loyalty there).
"Show what you are capable of!" -- Evgeni Plushenko

"Was there ever a man who loved, who loved not at first sight?" -- Christopher Marlowe
AnyaNikolaievna

Postby dimi » 06 Mar 2010, 02:12

HAVE ANYONE SEEN THIS!!!!

:bra_vo: People voice all over!
dimi

Postby AnyaNikolaievna » 06 Mar 2010, 03:28

Well, I was only able to get the parts of that video that had white print; whatever color they used for the points blends right into the background. Not a good way to get their message across...
"Show what you are capable of!" -- Evgeni Plushenko

"Was there ever a man who loved, who loved not at first sight?" -- Christopher Marlowe
AnyaNikolaievna

Postby aysu » 06 Mar 2010, 08:46

You know it's not REALLY Plushenko-related but I gotta say that Johnny Weir is doing a lot of press here in the US and I think it's really helping Zhenya's reputation here. I just saw him on the Bonnie Hunt show and when she made a comment on Zhenya, he was QUICK to say, "Plushenko's a good friend of mine." Although he picked on his hairstyle, he pointed out that Zhenya does have a language barrier to overcome and agrees with his position on the sport, how it needs to progress. He also said he COULD have taken offense at his comments about the quad, but DIDN'T. I really admire him for standing up for Zhenya (course they're friends, so he shows his loyalty there).

Because Johnny Weir is real,honest! :-): Evan Lysacek is not half the man Johnny Weir is. Lysacek is a liar,hypocrite,azz licker,fake....My points is Brian Joubert sometimes says inappropriate things,criticize his opponents,but he never hides his personality,at least he is honest.He is not trying to make himself loved..But Lysacek is a poser,wanna be,cry baby,grins all the time.. :-) and he is a friend of patrick chan :ps_ih:
aysu

Postby cekoni » 06 Mar 2010, 22:14

AnyaNikolaievna wrote:You know it's not REALLY Plushenko-related but I gotta say that Johnny Weir is doing a lot of press here in the US and I think it's really helping Zhenya's reputation here. I just saw him on the Bonnie Hunt show and when she made a comment on Zhenya, he was QUICK to say, "Plushenko's a good friend of mine." Although he picked on his hairstyle, he pointed out that Zhenya does have a language barrier to overcome and agrees with his position on the sport, how it needs to progress. He also said he COULD have taken offense at his comments about the quad, but DIDN'T. I really admire him for standing up for Zhenya (course they're friends, so he shows his loyalty there).

It is true, Johhny was never afraid to say what he thinks :plush40: - that it cost him a lot in life (and with US skating federation) ... but just because that, him and love all skating fans and those who know to appreciate the human character :bra_vo:

He have more :plush41: than "someone" ::yaz-yk:

aysu wrote:... and he is a friend of patrick chan :ps_ih:

Especially this last is his big minus ;;-)))

dimi wrote:HAVE ANYONE SEEN THIS!!!!
:bra_vo: People voice all over!

I dont understand there nothing :kli_ny: :smu:sche_nie:

Is there a mathematician to explain to us? :hi_hi_hi:
cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 06 Mar 2010, 22:34

http://en.rian.ru/russia/20100306/158111608.html
06/03/2010

Medvedev awards Russian athletes for Vancouver Olympics plush48

Russian President Dmitry Medvedev has signed a decree awarding state decorations to Russian athletes for their achievements at the Winter Olympics in Vancouver, the Kremlin press service said on Saturday.

The Vancouver Games were Russia's worst, with the team winning just three gold medals, five silver and seven bronze, and finishing 11th in the overall medals table. The Kremlin has been appalled by Russia's "dismal" performance, calling on officials responsible for the preparation of Russia's Olympic team to quit.

According to the decree, the Order of Friendship will be awarded to skiers Nikita Kryukov, Evgeny Ustyugov and biathletes Svetlana Sleptsova, Anna Bogaliy-Titovets, Olga Medvedtseva and Olga Zaitseva, who grabbed the gold medals.

The Order of Merit for the Fatherland, first class, will go to figure skater Evgeni Plushenko, speed skater Ivan Skobrev and biathlete Ivan Cherezov.

The Order of Merit for the Fatherland, second class, will be awarded to the bobsleigh pair of Alexei Voevoda and Alexander Zubkov, figure skating pair of Oksana Domnina and Maxim Shabalin, snowboarder Yekaterina Ilyukhina, skiers Irina Khazova, Natalia Korosteleva, Nikolay Morilov, Alexei Petukhov, Alexander Panzhinsky, skeleton athlete Alexander Tretyakov, biathletes Maxuim Chudov and Anton Shipulin.

Medvedev also expressed his deep gratitude to lugers Tatiana Ivanova and Albert Demchenko, figure skaters Yuko Kavaguti and Alexander Smirnov, skier Alexander Legkov and snowboarder Stanislav Detkov, who took fourth places at the Olympics.

-------------------------

Original news:
President Dmitry Medvedev signed a decree "On awarding State awards of Russia" and disposal "On Promotion" Russian athlete - winner of the Olympic Games in Vancouver
www.kremlin.ru/news/7044

Medal of the Order of "Merit for the Fatherland", first class
http://award.adm.gov.ru/medal/medal_10.htm
МЕДАЛЬ ОРДЕНА "ЗА ЗАСЛУГИ ПЕРЕД ОТЕЧЕСТВОМ"

-------------------------

Congratulations Plushy! :bra_vo: ... I hope that not all stay on it... :plush34:
cekoni
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Ванкувер 2010 || Vancouver 2010