These users thanked the author lala630312 for the post:
lisek (05 Jan 2014, 01:13)
Rating: 4.17%

lala630312

Re: Другие интересные новости || Other interesting news

Postby whitebamboo » 05 Jan 2014, 00:09

cekoni wrote:Елена ИЛЬИНЫХ: физически мы готовы к Олимпиаде:
http://itar-tass.com/opinions/interviews/1875

I see, that's the picture they are trying to paint now, that Evgeni "made the announcement in a temper" about not going to the Euros?

In that case, I must say that Kovtun's coach Elena Buryanova is quite a fortune-teller, to be able to predict Evgeni's "temper" back before the LP!
http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/13828.html

Elena Ilinykh's words were very kind and lovely. I feel very grateful to her for them.

These users thanked the author whitebamboo for the post:
lala630312 (05 Jan 2014, 02:02)

whitebamboo

Postby cekoni » 05 Jan 2014, 02:22

whitebamboo wrote:...
In that case, I must say that Kovtun's coach Elena Buryanova is quite a fortune-teller, to be able to predict Evgeni's "temper" back before the LP!

Well, to me is much more interesting - who initiated these "rumors" and why? ... moreover, before final results :du_ma_et:

Also is interesting, how Elena changed the tone and content of what she said...

... in Interview before FS:

- Тогда кого винить, что по итогам чемпионата мира-2013 Россия в мужском одиночном катании осталась с одной олимпийской вакансией?
- Максим, выступавший в Канаде (где он занял 17 место), пришел к той ситуации, которую кто-то создал. Другой вопрос, что мог ли он что-то исправить? На тот день он мог это сделать. Ему не хватило опыта....

And after...
http://fsrussia.ru/news/1018_elena-vodo ... ultatami/#
упрекать в том, что Ковтун не привез вторую путевку на Олимпийские игры, неправильно.... никто особо не стремился поехать на чемпионат мира в Лондон. Так что, на мой взгляд, ситуация с недостающими олимпийскими путевками была создана не Максимом, а до него....

-----------

Also, very interesting parts from older interview, which disappeared completely after FS...
- В ваших словах нет подтекста, что единственная олимпийская путевка у мужчин уже разыграна?
- Нет, что вы! Соревнования состоят из двух дней, и Максим просто так не отдаст победу!

- Зачем тогда вся информация, что обладатель мужской олимпийской вакансии будет объявлен именно после старта в Будапеште, что все будет после чемпионата Европы решать экспертный совет?
- Это, наверное, объявлено больше для молодых спортсменов. Плющенко не настолько должен обсуждаться. Не вижу в этом ничего такого. Сейчас в Японии после чемпионата страны зрители больше часа ждали решения тренерского совета, который обсуждал олимпийские путевки. Такахаши занял только пятое место, но таким уникальным и гениальным фигуристам дают дополнительную возможность....

These users thanked the author cekoni for the post (total 2):
whitebamboo (05 Jan 2014, 03:47) • lala630312 (05 Jan 2014, 03:18)
Rating: 8.33%

cekoni
Administrator

Postby whitebamboo » 05 Jan 2014, 04:04

Well, how interesting, isn't it? :ps_ih:

I've been tryting to explain to others about Evgeni's statement about only going to the team competition in the interview right after LP--that he had the wrong idea of what the modified rules actually said. Only a few days later did I get a chance to look at the actual quote:
http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/13875.html

Only then did I noticed the fact that he actually said it in answer to a direct question from the reporter, and the question was "You said you're not going to the Euros. What will you choose, the team or individual event?" Evgeni confirmed about not going to Euros, and answered that he was going to choose the team competition--with all the difficulties that ensued.

- Евгений, вы сказали, что пропустите чемпионат Европы. А какой турнир выберете на Олимпийских играх – командный или индивидуальный?
- На Европу я действительно не поеду – при любом раскладе. А на Олимпиаде, думаю, выберу командный турнир, а молодому и перспективному спортсмену отдам индивидуальные соревнования. Я здраво рассуждаю и адекватно всё оцениваю – мне будет достаточно выступить на командном соревновании, в котором сборная России может рассчитывать на золото!

(I know I only read this via google translate, and I don't know how accurate or complete a transcript this was. Irina has the video, which let's talk mentioned in our conversation on Twitter with TSL.)

Don't you think the way the question was asked is highly unusual and interesting, too, especially just at this moment?

Edit: As for the rumors, I think by now it is clear that at least to some extent, they reflect the actual ideas and plans of some people...

These users thanked the author whitebamboo for the post (total 3):
lisek (06 Jan 2014, 02:13) • cekoni (05 Jan 2014, 22:29) • lala630312 (05 Jan 2014, 18:26)
Rating: 12.5%

whitebamboo

Postby lala630312 » 05 Jan 2014, 18:26

whitebamboo wrote:Well, how interesting, isn't it? :ps_ih:

I've been tryting to explain to others about Evgeni's statement about only going to the team competition in the interview right after LP--that he had the wrong idea of what the modified rules actually said. Only a few days later did I get a chance to look at the actual quote:

Only then did I noticed the fact that he actually said it in answer to a direct question from the reporter, and the question was "You said you're not going to the Euros. What will you choose, the team or individual event?" Evgeni confirmed about not going to Euros, and answered that he was going to choose the team competition--with all the difficulties that ensued.

- Евгений, вы сказали, что пропустите чемпионат Европы. А какой турнир выберете на Олимпийских играх – командный или индивидуальный?
- На Европу я действительно не поеду – при любом раскладе. А на Олимпиаде, думаю, выберу командный турнир, а молодому и перспективному спортсмену отдам индивидуальные соревнования. Я здраво рассуждаю и адекватно всё оцениваю – мне будет достаточно выступить на командном соревновании, в котором сборная России может рассчитывать на золото!

(I know I only read this via google translate, and I don't know how accurate or complete a transcript this was. Irina has the video, which let's talk mentioned in our conversation on Twitter with TSL.)

Don't you think the way the question was asked is highly unusual and interesting, too, especially just at this moment?

Edit: As for the rumors, I think by now it is clear that at least to some extent, they reflect the actual ideas and plans of some people...

You are smart. :co_ol:
lala630312

Postby cekoni » 05 Jan 2014, 22:32

whitebamboo wrote:....

... and still ongoing different wishes, hidden agreements, double games, intrigues ... real drama in the announcement :plush44: :plush34:
cekoni
Administrator

Postby whitebamboo » 06 Jan 2014, 00:26

cekoni wrote:... and still ongoing different wishes, hidden agreements, double games, intrigues ... real drama in the announcement :plush44: :plush34:

And how is an honorable man to survive all this?

(And, you forgot to mention psychological warfare...)

-----------------

Well, in any case, everything else may be just "circumstantial evidence" (though there is quite a lot of it). But I find it difficult to imagine the question about "choosing" being asked--at that very moment--unless the reporter knew he was "supposed to choose" in this situation. I also find it difficult to imagine Evgeni--or anyone in his situation--answering the way he did, unless that this was not the first time the question has been posed to him.

We know by now that Evgeni wrongly thought that Russia's team and individual spots are different. It does not take too much to ask what, or who, made him think this, and for what reason. We cannot know what was said to him from the federation, all I know is, it could not have been the truth.

Look at Piseev's first reaction, saying that Evgeni's statement about doing only the team competition is "patriotic", and one that he supported:
http://rsport.ru/sochi2014_figure/20131225/710837477.html

And thess slightly later ones, when he starts to talk about the real rules, the need to withdraw due to injury. In the second link, Piseev also confirms that Evgeni would not go to the Euros--claiming that he believes Evgeni "did not have enough forces" for it. (This was before the coaches' council meeting.)
http://izvestia.ru/news/563281#ixzz2oZnYlqa2
http://sochi2014.rsport.ru/sochi2014_figure/20131225/710866070.html

I would have thought that under normal circumstances, given what just happened, and given how crucial the situation is, one would have expected Evgeni's team to reconsider their plans, and waited for a more official decision from his side.

Of course, Evgeni was under strong emotions immediately after the LP. But perhaps it is more important to remember that he was under a wrong understanding of the situation at the time as well. Right now, I am glad that later on several occasions, he at least said that he was reconsidering, and that he did not rule it out (at the gala). At least for the record.

I know that being a fan, I cannot avoid bias in my thought processes. I know that maybe this does not actually help Evgeni's situation whatsoever. I am basing my guesses only on publicly-available information, and they may be wrong. I know that it's been an emotional time for many of Evgeni's fans. But i just hope that people can think for a moment, and draw their conclusions.

These users thanked the author whitebamboo for the post:
cekoni (06 Jan 2014, 14:25)

whitebamboo

Postby cekoni » 06 Jan 2014, 14:31

whitebamboo wrote:
cekoni wrote:... and still ongoing different wishes, hidden agreements, double games, intrigues ... real drama in the announcement :plush44: :plush34:

And how is an honorable man to survive all this?

(And, you forgot to mention psychological warfare...)

I think that Plush could write (after Oly) one whole book about events around him, only in this season - I think there's already enough material :kli_ny: :hi_hi_hi:

I know that being a fan, I cannot avoid bias in my thought processes. I know that maybe this does not actually help Evgeni's situation whatsoever. I am basing my guesses only on publicly-available information, and they may be wrong. I know that it's been an emotional time for many of Evgeni's fans. But i just hope that people can think for a moment, and draw their conclusions.

Yes, to us only this left - to try to stay calm, wait and be patient :a_g_a: ... with a lot of hope in our hearts, and faith - especially in these days :plush47: :plush45:

These users thanked the author cekoni for the post:
whitebamboo (06 Jan 2014, 20:01)

cekoni
Administrator

Postby whitebamboo » 06 Jan 2014, 18:57

cekoni wrote:I think that Plush could write (after Oly) one whole book about events around him, only in this season - I think there's already enough material :kli_ny: :hi_hi_hi:

Well, I hope that he does!

Yes, to us only this left - to try to stay calm, wait and be patient :a_g_a: ... with a lot of hope in our hearts, and faith - especially in these days :plush47: :plush45:

I confess that despite all my own words, in truth I am not a patient or faithful person by nature...I will try, though. Perhaps his God is testing us, too. I know there is too much that we do not know. But I also hope that fans can consider what can be seen of the situation, and have some idea of what is truly happening.

P. S. I am wondering, could someone still give a translation of the "choose team or individual event" question, and his answer, that I mentioned above? I have the google translation, but I don't know, a more accurate one may still be helpful. It's pretty short...
whitebamboo

Postby cekoni » 07 Jan 2014, 01:27

I confess that despite all my own words, in truth I am not a patient or faithful person by nature...I will try, though. Perhaps his God is testing us, too....

When I mentioned "faith" - I was thinking more about faith in people, in common sense, in Plushy... :plush45:

whitebamboo wrote:....
P. S. I am wondering, could someone still give a translation of the "choose team or individual event" question, and his answer, that I mentioned above? I have the google translation, but I don't know, a more accurate one may still be helpful. It's pretty short...

Here: :mi_ga_et:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6&p=81697#p81697

These users thanked the author cekoni for the post:
whitebamboo (07 Jan 2014, 05:15)

cekoni
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Всё о Жене || Everything about Evgeni