Женя и его тренер А.Н.Мишин || Evgeni and his coach Mishin

Любим! Надеемся! Верим!
We love you! We believe in you!

Re: Женя и его тренер А.Н.Мишин || Evgeni and his coach Mish

Postby lala630312 » 01 Dec 2012, 20:29

lovplush wrote:
let`s talk wrote:Maybe he can use "snow" for SP (or gala). It is so beautiful :plush31: :hi_hi_hi:

Yes, I thought same thing when I saw the Snow. :plush32: :co_ol:
lala630312

Postby cekoni » 01 Dec 2012, 20:43

I think that it is good idea to have 2 different musics (moods) for SP/FS programs :plush45:
.... maybe is "Prophet" and "Swan" too "similar", so "Storm" is better solution - especially if Plushy enjoy in this music/program, what is most important! :co_ol:

But actually, i will most like - if they can change (partially) first slow part of "Storm" - it is a bit monotonous and "atonal" :plush47: :plush34:

These users thanked the author cekoni for the post (total 2):
lala630312 (02 Dec 2012, 00:47) • whitebamboo (01 Dec 2012, 22:15)
Rating: 8.33%

cekoni
Administrator

Postby whitebamboo » 01 Dec 2012, 22:02

I am afraid that personally speaking, I would have to very respectfully disagree about the music for the first part of Storm, Cekoni.... :-) Actually for myself, I thought short as it was, it was one of the most brilliant things Edvin ever wrote for Plushy! I thought musically, there was a lot happening--it starts low like the air-pressure, and keeps on rising, and the notes grows more "broken" with the rising wind, the pressure builds toward the second half. There is a change every two phrases. What was most amazing was that it was so different from the Vivaldi-Yanni section, but it fitted together, and pulls the Baroque Vivaldi into the age of Romanticism. (Lol, sorry, I've been thinking a little about Plushy and the "Romantic era", recently...It's probably just my own imaginings again. Anyway, of course it is all just my own interpretation and opinion.)

As for Saint-Saens, actually I wanted to mention that one thing I found interesting was that Mishin in this interview calls the middle "Swan" section "Dying Swan". And I seemed to remember he and maybe Plushy has used this name on other occasions. I was just looking up on wikipedia on the history of the piece, and actually, Saint-Saens himself only named the piece Le Cygne or Swan, without any mention of dying or death. The title "Dying Swan" was only for the ballet piece, first danced by Anna Pavlova in 1905, and choreographed by Mikhail Fokine, which interpreted the Saint-Saens piece specifically to be about a swan that is dying. I am certain that Mishin and Plushy are aware of this (especially with their discussions with the Saint-Saens professor). So, maybe I am reading too much into this extra word, but it does make me look at the program, especially the middle section of the program, with slightly different eyes...It does make it even more interesting to me.

These users thanked the author whitebamboo for the post (total 2):
lovplush (02 Dec 2012, 03:12) • lala630312 (02 Dec 2012, 00:49)
Rating: 8.33%

whitebamboo

Postby Kudryavka » 02 Dec 2012, 07:45

lovplush wrote:(not because it is Blue, I do not like electrical guitar music in general...)

In general, many Japanese also don't like Russian favorite electrical guitar music. Why do they love that so much? Every season I hear that at RN. Nahhhh...
He didn't compete for three years, but as soon as I saw him, I knew that there was a true Olympic Champion on the ice. - Takahiko Kozuka, Rostelecom Cup 2009
Kudryavka

Postby clairdelalune » 03 Dec 2012, 17:16

Very strange! :sh_ок: Who could imagine that such a professional coach as Mishin would use the applause at Japan Open as criteria for the SP? This is an hilarious and frustrating explanation, it makes no sense. :kli_ny: The Prophet was a very COP-friendly program, applause will come along with Evgeni´s success in competitions. :ne_vi_del:
ImageImage
clairdelalune

Postby whitebamboo » 03 Dec 2012, 20:00

clairdelalune wrote:Very strange! :sh_ок: Who could imagine that such a professional coach as Mishin would use the applause at Japan Open as criteria for the SP? This is an hilarious and frustrating explanation, it makes no sense. :kli_ny: The Prophet was a very COP-friendly program, applause will come along with Evgeni´s success in competitions. :ne_vi_del:

Well, I don't know if what Mishin said here is the full story anyway...There are probably various factors at play. Certain it is a COP-friendly program. But if one takes Mishin's words at face value, he's simply saying that he and Evgeni have certain standards of their own beyond being COP-friendly. It may not necessarily be just because of the particular amount of applause on one occasion; my own guess is still that it has something to do with how they see this program as a whole and in of itself.
whitebamboo

Postby cekoni » 04 Dec 2012, 00:27

whitebamboo wrote:I am afraid that personally speaking, I would have to very respectfully disagree about the music for the first part of Storm, Cekoni.... :-) Actually for myself, I thought short as it was, it was one of the most brilliant things Edvin ever wrote for Plushy! ...
What was most amazing was that it was so different from the Vivaldi-Yanni section,...

No problem, anyone can to have own opinion :a_g_a: ... I just think that first 2/3 of program is "uninteresting", that is - not holding the attention of the average viewer :mi_ga_et:

Also, I think that on Plushy's "Storm" Edvin Marton did not do anything :du_ma_et: - it's Yani version, probably in the performance of Vanessa Mae (because that, Mishin always mentions her) :hi_hi_hi:
cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 04 Dec 2012, 00:32

Kudryavka wrote:In general, many Japanese also don't like Russian favorite electrical guitar music. Why do they love that so much? Every season I hear that at RN. Nahhhh...

I think it's because the electric guitar was, and remained as the first symbol of "free" western pop-rock music, who came to Russia in 70'/80'-ies after the "Cold War" :mi_ga_et:
cekoni
Administrator

Postby Kudryavka » 04 Dec 2012, 05:36

clairdelalune wrote:Very strange! :sh_ок: Who could imagine that such a professional coach as Mishin would use the applause at Japan Open as criteria for the SP? This is an hilarious and frustrating explanation, it makes no sense. :kli_ny: The Prophet was a very COP-friendly program, applause will come along with Evgeni´s success in competitions. :ne_vi_del:

Maybe they needed some reasons to abandon Camerlengo program :ne_vi_del: Anyway I think they borrow some new ideas from Camerlengo and Miyamoto. I think they did the same around 2005. They invited Nikolai Morozov who was a choreographer of Joubert at that time. After all Mishin and Plushy didn't choose Morozov's choreography but took some ideas. I hope Pasquale or Kenji don't feel bad, and wish Plushy's programs will be the best. :plush47:
He didn't compete for three years, but as soon as I saw him, I knew that there was a true Olympic Champion on the ice. - Takahiko Kozuka, Rostelecom Cup 2009

These users thanked the author Kudryavka for the post:
lala630312 (04 Dec 2012, 17:32)
Rating: 4.17%

Kudryavka

Postby Kudryavka » 04 Dec 2012, 06:15

cekoni wrote:
Kudryavka wrote:In general, many Japanese also don't like Russian favorite electrical guitar music. Why do they love that so much? Every season I hear that at RN. Nahhhh...

I think it's because the electric guitar was, and remained as the first symbol of "free" western pop-rock music, who came to Russia in 70'/80'-ies after the "Cold War" :mi_ga_et:

Maybe so. I read Metallica and Scorpions are popular in Russia because they did a big music fest in '90s in Soviet (or baby Russia?)
Kudryavka

PreviousNext

Return to Всё о Жене || Everything about Evgeni