Контрольные прокаты || Open Test Skating - 2011, 2012

Любим! Надеемся! Верим!
We love you! We believe in you!

Re: Контрольные прокаты || Open Test Skating - 2011, 2012

Postby lovplush » 19 Sep 2012, 16:20

Just as a joke and also because of the names of the music for this program, I have imagined the following story: :-)

At the beginning is a beautiful swan who is very alive ,energetic (jumps around :hi_hi_hi: ;D), then the Swan starts to swim elegantly on the lake until it got shot. The dying swan (or dead swan) is finally transformed into a fierce spirit fighting for its freedom :du_el: . So in the end it is a very proud swan spirit showing that "even I am dead, I am happy and free :ya_hoo_oo: ".
Plushenko Chinese Fans Club: http://www.plushycnfanclub.org/

These users thanked the author lovplush for the post (total 4):
Таня (21 Sep 2012, 08:14) • whitebamboo (19 Sep 2012, 22:01) • lala630312 (19 Sep 2012, 19:41) • bigeyegugu (19 Sep 2012, 17:43)
Rating: 16.67%

lovplush

Postby cekoni » 19 Sep 2012, 18:10

lovplush wrote:Just as a joke and also because of the names of the music for this program, I have imagined the following story: :-)

At the beginning is a beautiful swan who is very alive ,energetic (jumps around :hi_hi_hi: ;D), then the Swan starts to swim elegantly on the lake until it got shot. The dying swan (or dead swan) is finally transformed into a fierce spirit fighting for its freedom :du_el: . So in the end it is a very proud swan spirit showing that "even I am dead, I am happy and free :ya_hoo_oo: ".

In Plushy's version - Swan did not die, than after the stabbing is turned into eagle :-)

So, my version of stages in his "transformation": :son-ce:
1. little puberty Swan
2. beautiful, sentimental, gentle, in love Swan
3. fierce mature mighty seductive Eagle

:-)

... or, if you more prefer... :-):

https://twitter.com/Namitaka/status/248409951603662848

@EvgeniPlushenko It's interesting some Japanese fans are saying your "swan" is like the phoenix and I think so!!
Because you have been getting over many difficulties and making comebacks again and again like the phoenix!

These users thanked the author cekoni for the post (total 3):
Таня (21 Sep 2012, 08:14) • lala630312 (19 Sep 2012, 23:34) • whitebamboo (19 Sep 2012, 22:01)
Rating: 12.5%

cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 19 Sep 2012, 18:13

Вера wrote::co_ol: Спасибо, а мне вообще никак не перевел :hi_hi_hi:

You are more hard for translation, than Mishin! :-)

These users thanked the author cekoni for the post:
lala630312 (19 Sep 2012, 19:41)
Rating: 4.17%

cekoni
Administrator

Postby lovplush » 19 Sep 2012, 18:31

cekoni wrote:In Plushy's version - Swan did not die, than after the stabbing is turned into eagle :-)

1. little prepuberty Swan

:smu:sche_nie: Forgive me for my poor imagination since I never would thought swan can turn into eagle (I mean from reality point of view :-) ).

Phoenix is good :a_g_a: :-)

Nevertheless, it is about a story of rebirth of something extraordinary :co_ol:

These users thanked the author lovplush for the post (total 2):
lala630312 (19 Sep 2012, 23:35) • cekoni (19 Sep 2012, 22:57)
Rating: 8.33%

lovplush

Postby whitebamboo » 19 Sep 2012, 22:27

cekoni wrote:
lovplush wrote:Just as a joke and also because of the names of the music for this program, I have imagined the following story: :-)

In Plushy's version - Swan did not die, than after the stabbing is turned into eagle :-)

1. little prepuberty Swan

... or, if you more prefer... :-):

https://twitter.com/Namitaka/status/248409951603662848

@EvgeniPlushenko It's interesting some Japanese fans are saying your "swan" is like the phoenix and I think so!!
Because you have been getting over many difficulties and making comebacks again and again like the phoenix!

I really like what you say about "turning into a eagle", Cekoni, and also what lovplush said about the "proud spirit" of the swan, who is free in death. The Japanese fan's idea about the phoenix is great too...It really seems to me that this Saint-Saens program is capturing the imagination of fans; in other places I'm also seeing fans coming up with ideas and theories for their interpretations of the program. :plush45:

Of course this program is still just an outline, and one really needs to see it in its true from to fully appreciate it. For myself, I haven't made up a story about what this is about yet, but I find it interesting that in various different ways people interpret this program, it seems there is frequently the themes of light/darkness, death, innocence, and transformation... :plush38:

Personally, I really like the Danse Macabre part of the program. I know there's been some people who are criticizing it, because it was such a contrast with the tenderness of the previous part, and maybe it could be seen as strange, or "too much", or "flailing", etc. Well, I haven't really formulated my thoughts very well yet, but perhaps I wanted to mention that actually, the swan is not simply a soft, ethereal gliding bird, but also a powerful and sometimes dangerous creature, and one "flail"of its great big wings has been known to break bones. ::yaz-yk: And it's not only enchanted maidens that are turned into swans: remember that the great Greek god Zeus himself once became a swan to engender Leda, with the fateful result of Helen...So perhaps that's my disagreement with the aesthetic of some of the commenters (for instance on FSU) about for instance the Danse Macabre part of this program, but also often about Plushy in general. It seems that they can understand something if it happens to be "pretty" and fits in their idea of how things should be, but from the way the talk, I get the sense that at least for some of them, art does not go further than that. But Evgeni is so much deeper and more complex...

These users thanked the author whitebamboo for the post (total 7):
Таня (21 Sep 2012, 08:15) • let`s talk (20 Sep 2012, 17:11) • lilywang (20 Sep 2012, 00:01) • lala630312 (19 Sep 2012, 23:36) • cekoni (19 Sep 2012, 22:57) • Вера (19 Sep 2012, 22:36) • lovplush (19 Sep 2012, 22:29)
Rating: 29.17%

whitebamboo

Postby cekoni » 19 Sep 2012, 22:56

lovplush wrote: :smu:sche_nie: Forgive me for my poor imagination since I never would thought swan can turn into eagle (I mean from reality point of view :-) )....

Oh, you then dont read "The Ugly Duckling" fairy tale by Andersen? :hi_hi_hi:

whitebamboo wrote:... actually, the swan is not simply a soft, ethereal gliding bird, but also a powerful and sometimes dangerous creature,...

Do not talk to me :-) - once swan bitten my finger, while I fed him with grass :plush44: ... I think there is not a lot of animals who have such painful bite, because of his many sharp jagged teeth :ps_ih: :hi_hi_hi:

These users thanked the author cekoni for the post (total 2):
ilpulcino (20 Sep 2012, 10:14) • lala630312 (19 Sep 2012, 23:37)
Rating: 8.33%

cekoni
Administrator

Postby lovplush » 20 Sep 2012, 01:49

cekoni wrote:
lovplush wrote: :smu:sche_nie: Forgive me for my poor imagination since I never would thought swan can turn into eagle (I mean from reality point of view :-) )....

Oh, you then dont read "The Ugly Duckling" fairy tale by Andersen? :hi_hi_hi:

Oh I have read "ugly duckling", but that is a swan not a duck, just when he was young, he was ugly (there are a couple of swans in the pond near where I use to live so I know how "ugly" the small ones are :-) And yes, swan is very strong, once I tried to feed a swan, he grabbed the bread using his beak from my hand very hard :hi_hi_hi:

Eagle is also fine with me;D I am not trying to argue that :smu:sche_nie:

These users thanked the author lovplush for the post:
lala630312 (20 Sep 2012, 08:49)

lovplush

Postby whitebamboo » 20 Sep 2012, 02:23

And since we are now talking about swans and eagles and phoenixes... :-) I took a look around online for the symbolism of swans, and one strange thing I just found out is that in the tradition of European alchemy (which in itself has been interpreted, for instance by Jung, as an allegory for psychological/spiritual transformation), the "White Swan", the "White Eagle", and the "Skeleton" (Danse Macabre, anyone?) are all symbols of one stage of the alchemical process called "Whitening", which (I think) can be interpreted as a kind of sublimation through death. The previous stage is called "Blackening", which is often symbolized by black birds such as the crow or the raven. There are other stages after Whitening, but at the final transformation, the symbol is indeed the Phoenix, reborn from the fire. So at least symbolically, a swan certainly can turn into both an eagle and a phoenix!

(from this interesting page on alchemy:
http://www.levity.com/alchemy/animal.html)

Sorry, my mind seems to work in some dubious ways...I am not suggesting at all that this is what Plushy and Mishin had in mind, or that this program is some sort of alchemical allegory! Just that I find it kind of curious that the swan is indeed traditionally a symbol of transformation, death and rebirth...

These users thanked the author whitebamboo for the post (total 4):
cekoni (20 Sep 2012, 15:01) • lovplush (20 Sep 2012, 11:50) • ilpulcino (20 Sep 2012, 10:36) • lala630312 (20 Sep 2012, 08:48)
Rating: 16.67%

whitebamboo

Postby lovplush » 20 Sep 2012, 11:52

whitebamboo wrote:And since we are now talking about swans and eagles and phoenixes... :-) I took a look around online for the symbolism of swans, and one strange thing I just found out is that in the tradition of European alchemy (which in itself has been interpreted, for instance by Jung, as an allegory for psychological/spiritual transformation), the "White Swan", the "White Eagle", and the "Skeleton" (Danse Macabre, anyone?) are all symbols of one stage of the alchemical process called "Whitening", which (I think) can be interpreted as a kind of sublimation through death. The previous stage is called "Blackening", which is often symbolized by black birds such as the crow or the raven. There are other stages after Whitening, but at the final transformation, the symbol is indeed the Phoenix, reborn from the fire. So at least symbolically, a swan certainly can turn into both an eagle and a phoenix!

(from this interesting page on alchemy:
http://www.levity.com/alchemy/animal.html)

Sorry, my mind seems to work in some dubious ways...I am not suggesting at all that this is what Plushy and Mishin had in mind, or that this program is some sort of alchemical allegory! Just that I find it kind of curious that the swan is indeed traditionally a symbol of transformation, death and rebirth...

OMG, OK, I am officially start to wait for your notes of the new program, just like the one you did with Tango. You know what I meant :mi_ga_et:

These users thanked the author lovplush for the post:
whitebamboo (20 Sep 2012, 17:12)

lovplush

Postby cekoni » 20 Sep 2012, 15:07

lovplush wrote:Oh I have read "ugly duckling", but that is a swan not a duck, just when he was young, he was ugly (there are a couple of swans in the pond near where I use to live so I know how "ugly" the small ones are :-) ...
Eagle is also fine with me;D I am not trying to argue that :smu:sche_nie:

I just trying to convince you! :-) Maybe is this program "Plushy's metaphor" of Andersen's metaphor? :hi_hi_hi:

whitebamboo wrote:....
Sorry, my mind seems to work in some dubious ways....I am not suggesting at all that this is what Plushy and Mishin had in mind, or that this program is some sort of alchemical allegory!...

I always thought that Plushy is an alchemist :plush31:

... thanks for your "researchs" :co_ol:

P.S.... :-):
http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showpos ... tcount=336

He is like the fountain of youth for me. I can't believe that after all these years, we're still watching Plush and I hope he skates forever because that way I'll never feel old.

These users thanked the author cekoni for the post (total 3):
lala630312 (20 Sep 2012, 18:31) • lovplush (20 Sep 2012, 15:38) • ilpulcino (20 Sep 2012, 15:13)
Rating: 12.5%

cekoni
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Всё о Жене || Everything about Evgeni