Russian news translated into English

Любим! Надеемся! Верим!
We love you! We believe in you!

Re: Evgeni ON Ice - Russian newspapers translated into English

Postby cekoni » 07 Jan 2010, 06:30

http://gondolier.f5.ru/post/140855

Plushenko and his harem :-)

My good friend Masha, a brilliant economist, weighing 110 kilos, loves Evgeni Plushenko, hates his wife Yana Rudkovskaya, and eight years limits itself to only one cake a day, purely from a desire to attract the attention of skater. :hi_hi_hi:
Many years ago, I provided to her autograph from Evgeni, and since then, she considers me a brother in spirit, and with frightening enthusiasm shares joys and sorrows from life of her's idol. This weekend, she pulled me from the house and forced to watch the Championship of Russia in figure skating, where the elected candidates for the Olympic team, providing me with her own comments like: "All others are not worth even a little finger of Zhenya's!" Either (breathy): "Zhenya, you are the best!". And I thought: if Plushenko wins the Olympics, or not - no matter, but he must to return, just for the sake of tens of thousands of these "Masha's" from all over the country.

Plushenko in our country is sacred figure, standing over the sport in general and on figure skating (sorry for the tautology) in particular. Blonde handsome guy, love and girls in pre-sexual age, and the ladies in the juice, and the old woman with pugs on leashes.

Them is useless to explain, that the chances of winning Evgeni's at the Olympics in Vancouver is very weak, that the current success of the Championship of Russia and Grand Prix is due, not Plushenko's superiority over his rivals, than banal lack of worthy competitors. All those record-breaking ratings are advertising action of Russian Federation in Figure Skating, and personally to his head, Valentin Piseev, which required apparently do Plushenko, contender for Olympic gold. Because Piseev not have nobody else, and in case of failure in the preparations for the main competition in four years, someone could asked questions about his warm chair. And the pressure on judges (dependent on him), and ask them to put higher scores, in such subjective sport, there are no problems at all - this is not an international tournament, all of its own, not should be shy. Laughter and sin - give Plushenko best result on the world for short program, and did not even think, that he just got up on feet after surgery on his knee.
Evgeni is what - robot? Replaced knee, and again he is the best on the world? I'm afraid, at the European Championships scores for Plushenko will be quite different, because there Piseev could not pressure on the judges.

But it's a sports side ... hmm ... medals. And on the other side - it is beautiful, after all!

It's not stupid skating at Eurovision by bad singing of Bilan, on ice platform the size of a handkerchief, than a full competitive skating, which breathlessly looked many viewers. And enjoy!

That's the main thing. Frankly, I do not care how many turns Plushenko will be make in the next jump. Not for them, more precisely, not only for them, millions of people watch competition of figure skaters. Beauty and the spectacle, spiced with a little bit of struggle - that's the essence of this sport. And you can bring to the automatism movement, put a brilliant skating, jump like clockwork spinner, but remain just one, among many. There Evgeni's does not confuse with anyone.

He may fall, be broken, but his performances will not leave none indifferent. It is something elusive and inexplicable, which makes champions, and that can not be achieved with any training. Charisma, or whatever it is called. So, skate Zhenya.

And maybe win something ...

:plush34: :plush47: :plush45:
cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 13 Jan 2010, 08:28

http://www.rg.ru/2010/01/12/piseev.html

Bilan will sing for Plushenko :hi_hi_hi:

Our guest Valentin Piseev talk about Olympic chances of figure skaters

- Rossiyskaya Gazeta: If you take all the wonderful range of figure skating from four species, in what one your sees success more predictable? Who is the main rate?
- Valentin Piseev: Very good is that Evgeny Plushenko returned. Yes, he is three years did not performance at the highest level. But look, what class, what skating at the Moscow Grand Prix and the Championship of Russia. Without him, our kids were asleep, even quadruple ceased to do. He came back, shook all, forced to work, to jump. What is the now competition ...

- RG: That is good, when is competition among our own?
- Piseev: This is not good, it's excellent! And today, to win the highest place in the Olympics really pretend, of course, Evgeny Plushenko ....

- RG: Tell us more....
- Piseev: Well, Zhenya can, perhaps, more precisely, he have force to compete for a medal of the highest dignity.

- RG: Do you want to say, for the victory?
- Piseev: The man who returned to sport after such a long absence, it deserves.

- RG: And what about Evgeni's leg? In December - pain, injections...
- Piseev: Yesterday I spoke with Alexei Nikolaevich Mishin. Coach reassured - Zhenya's did not worries about that. Often I talk and with Plushenko. He is a very courageous guy. I believe in such people.

- RG: His wife, Yana Rudkovskaya wants to get to Vancouver, to be close to him...
- Piseev: And will be. We did everything for that. We understand that Plushenko would like to remain in Canada with his team - coach Mishin, choreographer David Avdysh in the national team. Dima Bilan ...

- RG: And Bilan is in team? :-)
- Piseev: In the artistic team. He would give a few concerts.
Now is time for tweaking, polishing programs of Plushenko. Such small, precise, that we even sent to Edvin Marton music: it is a little tiny tweak on the parts of music, to make an arrangement, more better for Plushenko. Evgeni expressed his desire to come to Vancouver on February 11 with charter. At training camp in Canada he will not be. He will go directly in the Olympic village....
cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 03 Feb 2010, 08:45

Interesting parts from russian newspapers about European Championships 2010 :plush45: ... translated by kudryavka and Ximena :plush39:

www.sovsport.ru/news/text-item/365813
Pryakhin S, January 20, 2010, 16:36

Alexei Mishin: Plushenko - hot spanish guy

Coach Alexei Mishin commented perormance of Evgeni Plushenko, who in the short program at the European Championships in Estonia established a personal record in international competitions - 91,30.

- Evgeni - a fighter! He gladdens fans of figure skating, and upset rivals - said immediately after the performance of his student Mishin. – I was a little worried that the estimates of the judges, reserved for the end of the competition (Plushenko performed the 21st of 38 participants), but his skating today was very good. This is important.

- Zhenya wears new costume?
- Yes. It is better to complement the image that creates Zhenya on ice. This dashing, hot Spaniard - a strong, serious, passionate.

Recall the previous record Plushenko in the short program at the international competitions was 90.66 points.

--------------------------------------------

http://sport.rian.ru/sport/20100120/205490241.html

I would like to skate on this way and more

"I like to skate early, it's not a problem. At the Olympics and the Grand Prix series I skated second and first, we all need to be able to skate at tge beggining or the end, the difference is your level of concentratio, you set up yourself differently. But there's also the fact that you have experience in this which allows you to deal with the issue...

I coudn't jump a quad in the morning practice, I was trying, wen for it, jump and even fell today. And in the warm up I did one clean and then the combination worked out as well. Of course I'm very happy about my performance today, that I skate this program with emotion and I want to keep on doing so ...

I like this costume, it's convenient and good- Plushenko smiled - I have a new suit for the free skate but we have not decided which one I will perform in tomorrow..."

-----------------------------------------

http://www.sovsport.ru/news/text-item/365817

(he is talking about the SP and that he didn't know if he will end up first, remember that when he finished there was still three groups to go and about what he will do on his FS)

"And what happened today? Judges gave me level 2 for one of my footwork. We will see how the other competitors perform, but in any case I won't relax, though I'm ready to accept any result they give me. Here, at the Olympics and if my health allows it, at the Wolrd Championships."

--------------------------------------

"Tomorrow it will be a battle!" - Said after the short program Evgeni Plushenko. Sitting next to his there was the Frenchman Brian Joubert, whose gap was only three points, nodded in agreement. And there was a battle!

...Yana Rudkovskaya, covering her face with hers hands, could not hold back her tears. Alexei Mishin, like a boy after a goal, enthusiastically shook his jacket over his head. The spectators gave an standing ovation.

It was clear to all, they have just seen the skating of the champion of Europe. Six times now. A brilliant skating, exciting, exemplary! And even with that little blot in the performance on the triple Lutz - a trifle, which had no effect on the overall impression.
(...)

This ice yesterday belonged to another one. Plushenko literally hypnotized the hall. And only when the music ended, the audience returned to reality. The palace was drowned in cheers.

- I didn't see Joubert's performance - Plushenko, barely breathing, said as soon as he hit the circle of cameras. - I was in the doping control roon. But I knew that he had had some mistakes. To be honest, it was not important. I just had to skate very clean.

Was this an Olympic skating? Because for the amount you have shown gave you the third result in the history (in international competitions)!
- Well maybe for you! I still have somewhere to grow, - smiled the champion.

The audience, judging by her ovation, have a different opinion ...
- In Estonia, I have many friends. You're probably aware, I have been training for two years in Tartu. There, in 68 kilometers from the city, there is a great sport base on the shore of the lake. And a bath that I would not able to refuse right now...

Zhenya's face was streaming sweat. But yesterday he gave a bath to his competitors.

Plushenko won the European championship

... Thank you very much to all the judges for how they marked me. The most important competition is of course, the Olympics. I feel myself at home here ins Estonia. There are so many Russian flags, I love to skate in Tartu and Kyariku, there have great baths there. And thanks to all the French and Swiss that were here and supported me.

------------------------------------------

Mishin: There was a great responsibility, in front of us, to create intensity and complexity. But now we are very pleased that we have justified the confidence of our fans, and we are pleased that we have properly represented our city, our club, our federation and our country. I think it is very important into the run-up to the Olympics. As for Plushenko's performance, it's not perfect yet but good enough to take the first place and create a good basis for the Winter Games.

---------------------------------------

Evgeni Plushenko commented on his victory at the European Championships:

- I have six gold Eurpean medals, but it's a magical feeling and I'm ready to experience it again and again. I am proud that today that I defeated such strong opponents - said Russia's figure skater. - However, this was not an Olympic's skating. That mistake on the triple lutz needs to be fixed. Why it happened? Probably because I'm training a quadruple lutz. By the way, at the Olympics, I should include in the free program two quad jumps.

What is the difference between 2006 and the present?
- Now I have it all. All the titles, I have money, a lovely wife, a son. And in general, that I want to fight and win.

-------------------------------------

"Over the years of my absence, everyonel relaxed, and it was no longer men's skating - it was women's skating," - without hesitation said Evgeni after the victory. :-)

"I'm happy. How could I not be after getting a sixth European championship - especially after a three-year break? I am a thousand times happy that I was able to defeat those athletes who, day after day, trained and competed all the time. When I said I would come back, they did not believe, saying that it was impossible. I am therefore pleased that I beat them all ", - said Eugene in a conversation with the correspondent" BaltInfo.

"The Olympic Games - is a big responsibility for our club, our city, and for the federation and our country. We look at the Olympics with great liability in the effort to show that the Russian school of figure skating alive is thriving, and the crazy woman who predicted the death of our domestic skating can be proved wrong ", - said Mishin.

-------------------------------------------------

"Thanks to my fans who worry about me so much. And, of course, to my enemies who write negative reviews. It helps too. Helps to gather and show that I can still do it, I can compete," - said Plushenko to the journalists.

"It's pretty cool that I just won, but I didn't show my best skate, you have to do it better. If I hadn't had the mistake on the triple lutz, then this would be the perfect skate. But at the Olympics you have to do another quadruple - said Plushenko.

According to the Russian, to be successful in Vancouver, "we must work twice as hard as I have" "The main impact will be on the second quadruple and it's starting to work. There is still so much to aspire for, spins and footwork, I'm better than in 2006. The new system requires a better and more efficiently spins."

According to Plushenko, he is not going to "fly into the Moon" due the fact that he has won Eurpeans. "The main competition is ahead - the Olympics, and there the fight will be very serious - he recalled, adding that the new system of judging gives figure skaters the equal chances of winning. - "It is hard to skate now, because all athletes are equal. It is necessary to make the `spins, changes of edges, little loops during footwork."

"I'm going to show in Vancouver the best that I am capable of. The main thing is my health. Now, it's all good, as it should be, and hopefully I won't get an injury" - concluded a six-time champion of Europe.

------------------------------------

- Evgeni, how do you feel winning the European title again?
What can I say ... Of course, I'm happy! Now in my pocket I have six gold European medals. I am pleased with my performance even if it was not a 100%. I made an stupid mistake - double the lutz. Of course, this is not an Olympic skating, I have to skate so much better. I need the second quadruple. Naturally, I'll work on this. I am very proud that today I won against good athletes.

- Evgeni Plushenko in 2006 and Evgeni Plushenko now. What is the difference?
Today I have it all. I have all the possible titles, I have money, I have the best wife.

- Your previous wife was not the best?
No. But I had with her a wonderful son, for which I thanks her a lot. Returning to the previous question, in comparison with 2006, I have improved speed, footwork, Il feel much better now.

- Why did the triple lutz gave you problems in the program?
Because I'm training the quadruple lutz. Maybe I just need to do the quad instead of the triple, that's all.

- What can you say about the changes in the rules?
Of course, I watched skating. The last two world championship were won without a quad and that seemed very strange and wrong to me. So I am very pleased that today athletes jumped even two quadruple jumps. Perhaps they realized that without it, it would be difficult to win. My goal for the next start, is of course, two quads. To come out hard, because all athletes on the current system of judging are in equal conditions - to jump, do the spins, change edges, do loops in the footwork, brackets....Of course, I watched and watched my competitors.

- And for the rules?
And I have followed them. But I have to tell you that frankly, I have not fully learned them. In my opinion, neither the judges know all the rules.

cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 03 Feb 2010, 08:53

.... translation by Ximena :plush45:

"Tango Amore is a tango of love, of passion. In my opinion, there was passion! And there was love and there was suffering!" - says Evgeny Plushenko.

"Today, I was watching dance, and they were also leading so I thought, oh my, I can't be the dissapointment!" said Plushenko.

Before the medal ceremony, the Russian thanked the audience for their support and he declared his love for his wife Yana Rudkovskaya. In front of the journalists, he gave her his gold medal, it was Evgeni's wife who persuaded him to comeback to competition.

"Right now I can't believe he game his medal, he said to me this is your medal, you have given it back to me, you believed it me! Only right now I'm just holding it. I'm so happy that I've been with Evgeni to five events and he has won the five! I'm happy that all his main rivals are now convinved that Zhenia is strong and full of energy, and he is for sure one of the greatest figure skaters of our time."

The hall is full of journalists wanting to talk to Evgeni, the emotions are so many that one of the French journalists introduced Evgeni live as Alexei Yagudin, as to what Evgeni joked: "I like Plushenko, he is such a good skater!".
cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 03 Feb 2010, 09:03

...translation by Ximena :-):

http://www.sports.ru/others/figure-skat ... ext=yandex

Slippery road

Evgeni Plushenko gave up the pop shows and large contracts for the Olympic dream. He returned and confidently won the European Championship agains his main rivals - the artistically Lambiel and the plastic Joubert. But most importantly - he returned the country's interest to figure skating. Three weeks before Vancouver.

I do not know why Plushenko returned.Maybe he still doesn't now it either, he abandoned the pop show, the "light" of attention, larger contracts, freedom is not easy. Cut you life again and step up into another where it is necessary to work, get up at 7 am and rush to the gym, follow a diet, have an strict time to go to sleep, listen to the coach and choreographer, listen to the judges ... After all, he left because he got tired of it all. He said he wanted to rest, to start an adult live.Where he didn't have to deal with points and play to the public.

He, in fact, did it. Married, divorced, had a row with his now former father-in-law, went to light up at Eurovision, fell in love once again, married again. Became a politician while doing glamorous ice shows. All this kaleidoscope of events got everyone with their mouths open and caught the tabloid press. He became their "yellow" hero. And he start getting a poor relatinship with the sport, if any.

And then Plushenko realised that life is a circle. Three years passed and he came back to where frantically ran away from. He again had to play, not just for the public, but to the public. A champion likes sincerity and emotions.

"I missed the competition, did not have enough adrenaline. This is not a show. I want to compete. I want to live it again and remember my youth, although I am still young ".

He quoted as an example his friend, hockey player Alexei Zhamnova. "He has three Olympic medals - gold, silver and bronze. When I came second in Salt Lake City, he said: "You need another medal." When won first place in Turin, he said: "Now you have two medals, and I have - three. If you come back and win the bronze, it will be excellent."

"I will try to show in Vancouver my best to get the gold. I will accept with gratitude, even if I don't get any medal. Anything can happen, but nobody will take away what is already mine. If someone else becomes Olympic champion, then someone else will, it has to happen sooner or later."

The return was the trend of the season. In addition to Plushenko, announcements camen from Stephane Lambiel (after two years), Sasha Cohen (after a three-year absence) and the dance pair Isabelle Delobel - Olivier Schoenfelder (French recently gave birth to a child). But Zhenya came back brighter than the rest, and more beautifuly.

His performance is male and strong. Genius in his own way. Figure skating - is not the oozy river where you can enter twice, harder if four years has passed. Technically, this is probably the most difficult sport. The thinnest, most strange one. For years, people stand in line to deserve (not even to win, to deserve) a medal. And here ... he came, saw, smiled, and won.

From outside, it all looks so simple, so easy. It seems that in general, Plushenko didn't go anywhere, and in figure skating reigned his era again. But this is not true. Time passed, his rivals became stronger. And if earlier it was possible to win with a quadruple jump, now you need at least two, one in combination. There are stricter requirements for the footwork and the choreography.

Concerning the last thing, there's a general controversial. At the forums, experts pay tribute to Plushenko, but they mercilessly criticized his programs. It seems that not just jumping will make you win Olympics, and to Joubert and Lambiel we need to add American Lysacek and Canadian Chan.

Certainly, in a short time is difficult to make the perfect program. Especially when he has continous health problems, where he even got a minor knee surgery. But somehow it seems that with a coach like Mishin, and a choreographer like Avdysh, everything will be fine. To Vancouver there is still time. Not much, but is there.

The main thing is that he came back. As confident, slightly arrogant and outwardly calm as he has always been. And immediately he returned the country's interest to figure skating. Not to "Ice Age" or "Star ice", but to classic skating, one we had badly missed.
cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 03 Feb 2010, 09:11

... and few statements about Plushy and one message ... :mi_ga_et:

Russian president, Dimitry Medvedev to Evgeni: plush48
http://www.kremlin.ru/news/6695

"Your return to the ice was triumphant. You have conquered the fans and the judges with the highest technique and artistry. And, becoming a six-winner of the European championships, once again confirmed the reputation of a talented athlete and a strong personality."

-------------------------------------

Mishin:

- Even after the short program, I could tell that Plushenko has added many components comparing to Turin-2006. In addition to an improved technique, which Zhenya has always show a high level, not he shows a more mature skating. Thanks to the experience acquired during his break, his performance began to play with new colors. I am in some degree even surprised. But the most unique in his gift is that he combines the artistic vision of the world with an exceptional force of will. Of course, his rivals feel his strength. Therefore, during the long program all his rivals, perhaps with the exception of the Swiss Lambiel, not only got excited but also started shaking. But to think that they will tremble at the Olympic would be stupid and naive. Plushenko's program is one of the strongest in the world, and he himself is one of the strongest performers. But we need to continue to work and prepare for an even more powerful statement.

----------------------------------------------------

Anton Sikharulidze:

"Evgeni has to be proud of himself for two things, it's so difficul to come back to sports, to start competing again and to perform like at such international tournamente. This is a real feat! I hope Zhenia will perform brilliantly at the Olympics and win it a second time.

"I really do not think that hockey player Morozov is so important and a great athlete so that he should carry the Russian flag [at the opening ceremony of the Olympics]. We have athletes who have achieved much more than winning two world championships.

Who do I mean? Evgeni Plushenko, who is already an Olympic champion, multiple times world champion and European champion. I think that his nomination is much more acceptable to be the standard-bearer "- quoted Sikharulidze.

-----------------------------

Yagudin:

"After Plushenko performed at the Grand prix stage in Moscow, I have told him that he only needs to skate clean and none will come close, and that is basically what he has shown at the European championship. A pure clean short program and a 99% clean free skate. I close my eyes at his small mistake, it can happen to anyone".

"The European Championships comes before Worlds and Olympics and skaters show their technical arsenal. Comparing Plushenko to the others, I can see the confidence and reliability in his eyes. We enjoyed it all when we competed against each other as rivals. He missed a lot of time, but he has not lost his steam and confidence, it is necessary for Zhenya to win. He didn't do the quad in trainings, he tried to make it on the warm up and failed, however, Plushenko superbly executed it during the free program. So the chances are very high. We must not lose that confidence, he didn't, it has always been inherent in us. "

--------------------------------

Maria Butyrskaya:

"Plushenko has every chance to win it (Olympics), yes Daisuke has more points but Evgeni can rely on his experience.

"It was so worthy to watch. Evgeni, good boy! It's so rare that someone can manage to come back so beautifully, and do it wel, professionally and at a high level!"
cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 05 Feb 2010, 03:39

www.kp.ru/daily/24436.3/602656/

Secret victories of Plushenko - Fruit diet

Olympic champion on the eve of the Olympic Games in Vancouver, told the "KP" the secret of her good shape

... during absence of the competition, Zhenya get 12 kg. Eat sweets, drink soda, in general, anything does not deny. But sport is a sport. For three months, Zhenya managed to throw off those extra kilos and enter into good shape. To do this, nutritionists have developed for Plushenko special fruit diet.

- "I eat only one "big" meal a day. For lunch, eat a beef stroganoff with rice or chicken bouillon. Usually have breakfast with a glass of freshly squeezed pineapple juice and a banana. At dinner, I am allowed to eat only one mandarin. I had to give up sweets and soda, although it was not easy. But the result is evident. Now I lost 12 kilograms, had to completely change my wardrobe."
cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 07 Feb 2010, 00:24

:plush17:

All news related to the Olympics, from now can be found in subforum dedicated to Olympics:

viewforum.php?f=13
cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 07 Feb 2010, 08:00

Translation one TV Rusian news after European victory... here: :mi_ga_et:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=97&p=5719#p5719
cekoni
Administrator

Re: Отчёты ОЧЕВИДЦЕВ ЧЕ-2010 || Reports witnesses from EURO-2010

Postby Gal4onok » 12 Feb 2010, 17:03

Cekoni, here it is :mi_ga_et:
I'd like to ask you forgive me for mistakes :smu:sche_nie: ... the interview was shortened a little ...
- cekoni: Many thanks Gal4onok :plush39:

-------------------------------

http://www.sovsport.ru/gazeta/article-item/369310
- download PFD - http://www.sovsport.ru/s/issue/pdf/3543 ... 1265661515 (this text on 6/7 pages)

Olympic hopes: Figure Skating. There three 3 days left till OG

Evgeni Plushenko: When I'm skating something lights inside me

After enchanting Plushenko's victory at the European Championship even skeptics admit, it’s Zhenya who is our best hope in figure skating at the OG. In an interview with “Soviet Sport” Plushenko told about his passion for paintball, told about friendship with Alessandro Del Piero, he remembered his childhood and looked to the future.

We met Yevgeny Plushenko two days ago after his success at the European Championships. It was impossible to call the triumpher of Tallinn and we agreed to an interview with the manager Zhenya Ari Zakarian and his wife Jana Rudkovskaya.

When, during our conversation Plushenko turned on a telephone, it immediately began uneasily to buzz, congratulations continued to come by an endless stream even two days after his victory.

- Philip Kirkorov called me - suddenly remembered his wife Jana, who also was during our conversation – He says that he is on tour in the U.S. and your victory is talked over on TV continually . And Joseph Prigogine called and asked: What was the reason of such public excitement? Has Zhenya already won the Olympics? I said: No, OG will be only in a month ...

- Joseph talked to me too - said Plushenko with a smile. – He said that he was happy, as if he skated in Tallinn! To be honest, Olympic victory in Turino and the current one at the European Championships are almost equal in number of congratulations. It's amazing!

"Ready to injury"

- You said that you would accept any result at the Olympics. But after your victory in Tallinn people begin to doubt it involuntarily.
- Figure skating is the most difficult sport. For winning the gold many aspects must converge. It might be that I may lose my shape form…or what if my skate blade gets into the ice hollow … or what if my rivals perform their programmes perfectly … And there may be a million "what if". Of course, I will strive for better results and make up my mind for a better performance.
Do you know how great Brian Joubert was in the training? Quadruple jumps were performed by him easily! But during the contest his jumps went wrong beginning from the first quadruple. He couldn’t cope with nerves although he was in a perfect shape.

- Yana informed us over the phone that your knee hurt you less than before the championship of Russia.
- Other preparations. In December I jumped seven or eight of quads at the trainings and now only two. My knee is still not in the best condition. The problem is that I won’t able to prepare to Vancouver as I did before. Firstly, because to jump a quad without proper preparation is not as simple as a triple axel. Secondly, I want to land two quads in my free program.

"I’ve played paintball for four hours"

- They say you sometimes practice for seven or eight hours a day. And now?
- Before the previous Olympics I practiced much less. In Turino generally it took me 15 minutes to train a day. Just "to kill" rivals. They started to warm up and I land a triple axel, a quadruple and left. And in Tallinn before the long program I did the same. It took me 14 minutes.
I’ve trained for 7 hours in summer in Germany and Italy. In the morning on the ice, then gymnastics, running, gym. Lunch, sleep. Then again, ice and one hour and half of football.

- Can it be that you are sick of skating?
- Of course. We even argued with my coach. He said: "We must train!"
I replied: "Alexey Nickolaevich, My body is against it! Even if I come on the ice I can not skate!

- Who managed to persuade?
- Usually I did. Sometimes I used to train four times a week and went out. But I sweated my guts out. 70 jumps per a training. I managed to land a cascade "4 +4" which I tried to do when I was 18. And a cascade “a triple axel - a quadruple toe-loop" I landed more than once. After such combinations you easily do elementary jumps separately. I returned the cascades "quadruple toe loop - triple Loop jump" and "triple axel – a half loop - a triple flip." I did a quadruple lutz, which I jumped nine years ago ... After all these I realized that I could compete! But on the other hand all this caused some health problems

- How do you relax when the ice bothers?
- The easiest way is to sleep and relax. But there are some others. For example, I am fond of paintball. It turns out there are even world championships on paintball, where about 400 teams take part in! Our team "Russian legion” won twice. Before the European Championships in Tallinn I’ve played paintball for four hours a day. And how much adrenaline! I put on some costumes under the form in order to lose weight.

"Del Piero invited me for celebrating New Year"

- You said that at the training camp in Italy you played play football. Didn’t you play with Alessandro Del Piero?
- With him, we also played. By the way, getting acquaintance with Del Piero is the brightest recollection of those trainings. And we still keep in touch. He sent me a PM with congratulation on the Europe victory. He said that he watched my performance. He again invited me to Turin. We with Jana couldn’t go on New Year. On the other hand, if I am in physical condition I will go to Turin for the World Championship after the Olympics.

- Is friendship possible between skaters?
- Figure skating is an individual sport in which there is a lot of envy. It is hard to keep up a friendship. In this world of FS I can name only two people who are my friends they are Vakhtang Murvanidze and an acrobat Alexei Polishchuk who lives in America. But at the same time I communicate with others. I and Tomas Verner congratulated each other on New Year. He wrote: "Well, see you at the European Championship". I replied: "See you later. Go on training!" We laughed.

"I ‘m writing a book about my return"

- What are going to do during the flight to Vancouver?
- Computer. Movies. Sleep. Besides I m writing a book about my return. Maybe I’ll start another chapter.

- What are your favorite movies?
- I was very impressed by "Law Abiding Citizen ", "Wolf Messing" and "Yesenin" with Sergei Bezrukov.

- Where are there more intrigues in politics or in sport?
- I think in both. There have been some difficulties with colleagues in the Assembly. I don’t constantly present at the meetings, not to legislate. Many people do not like it. But I said: if someone from deputies wins any competitions, I will attend the Legislative Assembly from 6 am to 12 midnight.

- Do you think you helped at least anyone being a deputy?
- Recently one woman with documents has come at my training. She is responsible for the children camp which is going to be closed because if its territory - the forest, the lake. Instead of this camp there a cottage village can be built. I’m trying to defend the rights of children.

Anecdotes from Rudkovskaya

Yana said that she with Zhenia thought out an anecdote.
- Plushenko wins the Olympics in Vancouver and after that retires from the sport. Before the beginning of Olympics in Sochi, he’s asked again: "Evgeny, come back, please".
- "But it is impossible I’m 31 year!" - Zhenya, you are the only hope! "
Plushenko starts preparing to win National Championship, European Championship, the Olympics. The same is repeated in 2018th, in 2022nd ... And in 2026 there is no call. Zhenya dials the federation: "I’d like to back to the good old days " - "Evgeny, thanks! But there is no need! You're already 43 years old and you are a five-time Olympic champion."
- "So what? I feel that I can compete! "
Zhenya comes back and ... takes the second place at the Olympics. Everybody is shocked!
But whom do you think he loses? - Plushenko Jr.! ..
Gal4onok

PreviousNext

Return to Всё о Жене || Everything about Evgeni