English newspaper texts about Plushy

Любим! Надеемся! Верим!
We love you! We believe in you!

Re: English newspaper texts about Plushy

Postby cekoni » 24 Mar 2010, 07:36

http://www.thestar.com/sports/figureskatin...-show-at-worlds
Published On Tue Mar 23 2010 By Rosie DiManno Columnist

Patrick Chan sad Plushenko a no-show at skating worlds :ny_tik: :-)
Skater was hoping to show Russian his quad
:is_te_ri_ka: ;;-)))

TURIN, ITALY– "Yo, Mr. Quad, look over here." :pri_vet:-:

Patrick Chan had been hoping to give Evgeni Plushenko a preview peek at his stuff here, most especially the quadruple jump that's in training tryout.

Imperious Russian that he is, three-time world champion Plushenko has been so very vocal about rivals – those "ice dancing'' wusses – who refuse to man up with the Q in competition.

But then Plushenko suddenly withdrew from this event, citing a mysterious injury and fatigue. So there will be no Turin redux for the fellow who nailed Olympic gold at the Palavela arena in this city in 2006.

"I was really surprised because Plushenko won his medal here,'' Chan said, following practice on Monday. "I thought for sure he'd want to come and win worlds here.

Of course it's very disappointing. I wanted to show that in practice I'm doing quads, show him that I'm working on it. But he chose not to come." :cry_ing: ;;-)))

When – if – they meet head-on-head again next season, jumping Chan should be packing a higher IQ: incorporated quad.

---------------------------

We will wait a lot more, that quite "old" :-) Chan (in his "mature" twenties years ::yaz-yk: ) make some Q in competition :plush26:
cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 25 Mar 2010, 23:54

http://www.canada.com/news/Plushenko+Ru ... story.html
Reuters March 25, 2010 12:34 PM

Plushenko is Russian people's champ

Olympic figure skating silver medallist Evgeni Plushenko will get a "belated gold medal" from Siberian jewellers, Russian media reported on Wednesday.

Jewellers from Yakutsk said they planned to award a special medal weighing more than half a kilo of pure gold to Plushenko, who was controversially beaten into second place by American Evan Lysacek at last month's Vancouver Olympics. Most Russians, including Prime Minister Vladimir Putin, felt Plushenko should have won the gold in Vancouver. Putin sent Plushenko a telegram, saying: "Your silver is worth gold." The 2006 Olympic champion himself said he was a victim of biased judging in Vancouver and felt he, not Lysacek, was the "true" champion.

http://irk.kp.ru/online/news/637860/

Video about creation of medal here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9&view=unread#p17313 :son-ce:
cekoni
Administrator

Postby Doll » 27 Mar 2010, 08:11

Very nice...very nice indeed. :ya_hoo_oo: :plush33:
Doll

Postby Doll » 31 Mar 2010, 17:08

You know what I find fascinating? Every time Evan Lysacek is mentioned in an article here in the US, Plushy is mentioned. :-)
Even if it may be negative, you have to admit, that Plushy is still causing such a commotion here. If nothing else, his fan base has only "quadrupled" since the Olympic games! :co_ol: ;;-))) plush48

As far as I am concerned, I hope they keep up the reports so that I can read about him here too. :mi_ga_et: Lysacek has been overshadowed and it will probably continue for quite some time.

Hugs :plush45:
Doll
Doll

Postby cekoni » 29 Apr 2010, 09:50

Doll wrote:You know what I find fascinating? Every time Evan Lysacek is mentioned in an article here in the US, Plushy is mentioned. :-) ...

Next portion of Lysacek's insults, now and at the expense of Weir... :ze_le_ny:

http://indianapolis.metromix.com/events ... 40/content
April 27, 2010 Amy Bartner, Metromix

Q&A with Evan Lysacek

Lysacek talked to The Star just before he went on the ice in Albany, N.Y., and answered personal questions about fellow skaters Evgeni Plushenko and Johnny Weir — and whether he’s dating anyone.

Silver medalist Evgeni Plushenko was pretty vocal in saying he felt you shouldn’t have won the gold medal because you didn’t have a quadruple jump. What are your thoughts on this, a few months looking back?
I couldn’t do anything but be honest. I do respect him and I can’t think of a bad thing to say about him. The judging system that’s in play now couldn’t be manipulated. I’m sure he was upset about not winning, and after the fact, now I’m sure he’s extremely proud of his silver medal.

Fellow American Olympic skater Johnny Weir has said he feels snubbed by “Stars on Ice” because his sexual orientation wasn’t “family-friendly enough.” Thoughts?
“Stars on Ice” is really selective of who they hire and they only hire the best of the best to skate. It would’ve been hard of them to justify hiring him, and I think he was really upset because he wanted the financial benefit of the tour. A lot of us in the skating world were really disappointed in the way he reacted, basically whining that he wasn’t chosen.
cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 29 Apr 2010, 10:16

I have to "translate", part by part of the sentence from brilliant oratory of Lysacek's :ps_ih:

Silver medalist Evgeni Plushenko was pretty vocal in saying he felt you shouldn’t have won the gold medal because you didn’t have a quadruple jump. What are your thoughts on this, a few months looking back?

I couldn’t do anything but be honest.

in the translation: "I am soooooo goooooooooooood and nice guy" :plush22:

I do respect him

in the translation: "Again I must reiterate, how much I am a good guy :plush22: ... and I'm always nice and collegial spoke about my fellow skaters (unless if I not caricatures them in the movies)..."

and I can’t think of a bad thing to say about him.

in the translation: ... "while Plushy about me saying the worst things" :ny_tik:

The judging system that’s in play now couldn’t be manipulated.

Now can not - unlike the earlier, when Plushy won gold medals - then it could be???! :sh_ок: :plush43:

I’m sure he was upset about not winning, and after the fact,

brilliant conclusion :ps_ih:

now I’m sure he’s extremely proud of his silver medal.

This..... xxxx :ps_ih: .... from the "supercilious heights of Olympic gods", share tips to Plushy's - of course that he would be delighted with a silver medal (as a mediocrity) .... but not and Plushy! :plush29:

All in all - he only poured insult to insult! :de_vil: - but, this is known manuscript of his coach (Frank Carroll), and choreographer (Lory Nicholl) .... do you remember Chan's interviews? :ze_le_ny:

:wo)(ll:

P.S. I never seen Johhny so angry! :-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCGdNmAsQ1A

... what means world: SLORE? :plush38: ... something worse than "whore"? ;;-)))
cekoni
Administrator

Postby Cooky » 29 Apr 2010, 10:56

slore = slut + whore, apparently :hi_hi_hi:
Cooky

Postby cekoni » 29 Apr 2010, 11:11

Cooky wrote:slore = slut + whore, apparently :hi_hi_hi:

We have an expression: "whore the occupation, a slut is a character trait" :-)

P.S. Johny has given the answer, and on behalf of Plushy :hi_hi_hi:
cekoni
Administrator

Postby aysu » 29 Apr 2010, 20:03

Johnny made my day ! :-) ;;-)))

SLORE! (Better than "Orange Bro")

Weir is angry,really...

I want to remind you that Johnny was boasting that he will go on a show with Evgeni to Russia in Leno show.NOT so hard to read between the lines.... :plush34:

Weir-Lysacek thing has gone beyond Plushenko-Yagudin rivalry ..I always feel that there were mutual respect between (and there is still)between Evgeni and Aleksey..BUT,,,look at Johnny's innocent face ! I want to do Taekwando to Lysacek (Best of the best :ps_ih: ;;-))) )

good job Carroll and Nichol..they created an ego-centric megalomaniac... :bra_vo:
aysu

Postby Kudryavka » 30 Apr 2010, 07:43

Cooky wrote:slore = slut + whore, apparently :hi_hi_hi:

;;-)))
He didn't compete for three years, but as soon as I saw him, I knew that there was a true Olympic Champion on the ice. - Takahiko Kozuka, Rostelecom Cup 2009
Kudryavka

PreviousNext

Return to Всё о Жене || Everything about Evgeni