НОВОСТИ ФК|| NEWS

Другие фигуристы, различные фигурнокатательные мероприятия || Other skaters and events without Evgeni

Re: НОВОСТИ || NEWS

Postby cekoni » 12 Oct 2009, 06:08

II stage of Russian Cup, Perm (men, women, Pairs, Ice Dance)

Homevideos by Eprst (fsonline forum)

http://www.youtube.com/user/KNevskaya#g/u

.... same video for download - 4 pages!
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=6597 ... f6e8ebb871
cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 13 Oct 2009, 09:42

http://www.goldenskate.com/articles/200 ... view.shtml
October 11, 2009 By Elvin Walker

2009 Trophée Eric Bompard
PREVIEW

The 2009-10 ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating begins this week in Paris, France, with the Trophée Eric Bompard. It is the first season that the series begins in another country other than the United States. Approximately 60 skaters from 15 countries will attempt to earn points towards qualification to the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final to be held in December in Tokyo.

LADIES

The ladies division has the potential to be one of the most competitive and exciting competitions on the Grand Prix circuit in recent memory. The roster includes three World Championship medalists including current World Champion Yu-Na Kim of Korea and 2008 World Champion Mao Asada from Japan.

Kim dominated the international stage last season, winning four of her five competitions, and narrowly lost the Grand Prix Final title to Asada in December. In winning her first World title, Kim set world records in the short program and overall score, setting herself up as the clear favorite heading into Vancouver.

Kim opens her season in Paris, and will stick with the same formula that was so successful for her last year. Brian Orser has continued to coach the record holder, while Canadian choreographer David Wilson constructed both of Kim's competitive programs for the season. For her short program, Kim will skate to a James Bond medley, which should play to her strengths of powerful skating and saucy presentation. Her freeskate is more refined, and is set to George Gershwin's Piano Concert in F.

Asada, on the other hand, is trying to rebuild after a somewhat disappointing campaign last season, and has some work to do to if she hopes to challenge Kim in this competition. After winning the World title in 2008, Asada struggled to get back in form for the 2008-09 season, placing second at Trophée Eric Bompard. After winning the NHK Trophy, it appeared that she was back on track, even defeating Kim on her home ice at the Grand Prix Final. However, Asada again struggled at the Four Continents Championships, harvesting a disappointing bronze medal, and missed the podium at the World Championships altogether in Los Angeles.

Asada's struggles have continued thus far this season after coming off a disappointing three-triple performance at the Japan Open earlier this month. The Japanese champion's freeskate to Rachmaninov's Prelude Op.3 No.2 in C sharp minor fits her artistically, however, her jumping passes just don't seem comfortable. Though it might be too soon after the Japan Open for Asada to have reordered her program, it seems likely that she will make major tweaks to the program as the season progresses.

Former World medalist Carolina Kostner of Italy has made some major changes in her skating team since her disappointing 12th place finish at the World Championships. Over the summer, Kostner left long time coach Michael Huth, and moved to the United States to train with Frank Carroll and Christa Fassi in California. Carroll is a master at creating consistency among his skaters —a factor that has always been missing from Kostner's skating. This competition will most likely serve as a "work in progress" experiment in Kostner's development heading towards Vancouver; however, she could surprise if everything comes together.

Japan's Yukari Nakano is a factor in almost every event that she enters, and she could play the role of spoiler if she is in top form. Nakano has made the Grand Prix Final three out of the last four years, and rarely has an off-performance.

This season, Nakano is skating to The Phantom of the Opera for her short program, and to The Firebird for her freeskate. Both pieces of music match Nakano's powerful skating style, and she is armed with a triple Axel that could propel her past her more accomplished teammate.

American Caroline Zhang struggled in competition over the summer, finishing far behind the top skaters at Golden West. Additionally, she changed coaches from Li Mingzhu to Charlene Wong in June, and then back to Li Mingzhu in August. This event will be a great test of Zhang's mental toughness, and it will also show if she has been able to overcome all of the changes that she endured over the summer.

"I hope to just skate my best and improve on last year," Zhang said. "I think it's great that so many great skaters will be in Paris. It gives me a chance to test myself against them."

Teammate Alexe Gilles will make her Grand Prix debut in Paris, and has the technical content to be an outside shot for a medal. Over the summer, however, Gilles struggled to match the form that propelled her to the 2008 U.S. Junior title and a top 10 finish in her first season as a senior at the 2009 U.S. Championships.

"We had done one long program, and then we decided to change it completely in July," Gilles offered. "I had to learn a new program and then compete with it about three weeks, and that was really tough. Since those competitions, the improvements we made based on judge's feedback have made a huge difference in the program and I feel like it is going to be great."

Gilles admits to having some nervous excitement heading into this event, though, but is taking it all in stride.

"In my first Grand Prix I am competing against (Kim) and (Asada), and it is a little nerve racking," Gilles confessed. "I have met both of them, and I have skated with (Kim) before in Toronto. I'm really looking forward to it, and I will gain a lot from competing against them."

Georgian Elene Gedevanishvili has demonstrated in the past that she can compete with the top skaters in the world, finishing an impressive 10th place at the World Championships last season. However, the Georgian champion finished a dismal 25th place at Europeans just a few months earlier, demonstrating her inconsistency from one competition to the next.

Over the summer, Gedevanishvili competed several times at club competitions in the New York metro area, and skated relatively well. Even if she skates her best in Paris, however, it would be a stretch for her to make the podium.

The field is rounded out with former European medalist Kiira Korpi (FIN), Candice Didier (FRA), Gwendoline Didier (FRA), and Anna Jurkiewicz (POL). Olympic silver medalist Sasha Cohen was set to return to competition ice here in Paris, however, she withdrew from the competition on Friday citing tendonitis in her right calf. Cohen plans to make her season debut in Lake Placid next month at Skate America.

MEN

The men's event at Trophée Eric Bompard could be one of the most exciting of the season —or one of the most disappointing. The top skaters in the event have been wildly inconsistent throughout their careers, and are as apt to perform miserably as they are to be amazing.

Brian Joubert, the former World Champion and current bronze medalist leads the pack. After a disappointing finish to his 2008-09 season, Joubert parted ways with coach Jean-Christophe Simond, and is now back under the tutelage of Laurent Depouilly.

Joubert competed last month at the French Masters in Orleans, and did not appear to be in top form. In the short program, Joubert performed well enough to finish in second place behind 19 year-old Florent Amodio. In the freeskate, Joubert landed six triple jumps, but fell on his quad attempt and did not get full credit for his triple Axel. He placed second overall behind the young upstart.

At the end of the event, Joubert commented that he was overweight and that he would work hard between then and now in order to get into top form. Joubert has a history of struggling at this event (Trophée Eric Bompard), and things are not looking good for him to win the title based on his performance in Orleans. However, if Joubert was true to his word and has put his nose to the grindstone, he could be tough to beat here.

Joubert's main competition should come in the form of the Czech Republic's Tomas Verner, the 2008 European Champion. Verner earned his first trip to the Grand Prix Final last season, but then struggled to defend his European title and finished in 6th place. At the World Championships in Los Angeles, Verner was more prepared, and finished in 4th place —one place behind Joubert.

Verner doesn't feel any pressure to perform well in Paris, and that could stand him in good stead against his rival Joubert.

"I work hard and I can only hope I will show everything I can at this early point of season," Verner explained. "I know my programs will change a little bit during the season, and I am looking forward to getting some feedback from the judges. To impress somebody with my programs is my goal, so it doesn't matter if I am in first or last in the competition."

"France is my first competition in the season, and I built two new programs for this season," continued Verner. "I want to know if they work out as I expect them, or if I need to go back and change them with the help of (my choreographer) Lori Nichol. I worked with Lori Nichol to get complexity throughout my programs in every element. These programs are a bit harder to skate, but on another hand they might be a bit more interesting to watch."

Verner feels that he has evolved as a skater this season, and believes that he will be more competitive than ever.

Japan's Nobunari Oda will look to improve his string of medal winning performances on the Grand Prix circuit. After taking off the last half of the 2007-08 season for personal reasons, Oda returned to the international stage last year at the NHK Trophy and won the event in convincing fashion. However, the Japanese champ faltered at both the Four Continents Championships and the World Championship, and will try to establish himself as someone to look out for in Vancouver.

Americans Ryan Bradley and Adam Rippon also have a shot at the podium in France, and could even come home with a title if the top skaters make mistakes. Bradley won the silver medal last year at Skate Canada, and hopes to put together a strong Grand Prix season so that he can establish himself as a candidate for the US Olympic Team.

"My goal this Grand Prix season is to place on the podium in both of my events and make a push for the Final," Bradley said confidently. "I am really excited about going out early because I got a big head start with my training and I am ready to put out my programs at a high level."

Rippon, the two-time Junior World Champion, has looked like a new skater since joining Brian Orser's training camp midway through last season. Rippon's confidence is back, and his jumps have never looked more confident. Rippon should easily improve on his 5th and 8th place finishes in his debut season, and could surprise everyone and win a medal in Paris.

Canadian silver medalist Vaughn Chipeur has all of the technical tools that he needs to compete with the top skaters in the world, but he has to land them all in one program. In a tight race to make the Canadian Olympic Team, look for Chipeur to pull out all of the stops to make a case for his inclusion on the team.

Joubert's teammates Yannick Ponsero and Alban Preaubert are always in medal contention on the Grand Prix circuit. Both skaters performed well in the Masters event in Orleans, and look well prepared to make a push for the podium.

Rounding out the roster are Peter Liebers (GER), Sergei Voronov (RUS), Chao Yang (CHN), and Javier Fernandez (ESP).

PAIRS

The pairs competition features the current World Champions Aliona Savchenko and Robin Szolkowy from Germany along with a handful of other teams hoping to make an impact on the international scene at this competition.

Savchenko and Szolkowy have proven themselves to be the clear front runners in this or competition they enter, winning the last two World titles and the last three European titles. Furthermore, the duo has not been off the podium at any event since the World Championships back in 2006.

At the Nebelhorn Trophy last month, Savchenko and Szolkowy took the early lead in the short program with their "Send in the Clowns" program, and easily won the freeskate with their routine to You'll Never Walk Alone to earn their third consecutive title. The Germans' total score was twenty points higher than the silver medalists and thirty points more than the bronzed medalists.

The World Champions could face tough competition from Russians Maria Mukhortova and Maxim Trankov from Russia, who can be magical when they skate their best. In fact, at last year's Skate America competition, the Russians beat the Germans in the short program with a mesmerizing performance, but were unable to hold onto the lead after the freeskate.

Mukhortova and Trankov have established themselves as short program skaters who have not been able to follow through with an acceptable freeskate. If in the off-season, the Russian silver medalists have been able to overcome their freeskate issues, they could challenge for the top spot on the podium.

Former World bronze medalists Jessica Dubé and Bryce Davison could be the dark horses at the event. The Canadians have created two new programs for this season, and believe that they have what it takes to make a major breakthrough in Paris.

"We've noticed that the top five to seven teams in the world are doing anything crazy," Davison explained. "They are all going for the entire package. It's more about clean skating, and that's what we're going for too."

"You want to go up against the best to see how much work you have done and how much more you need to do," Davison added. "These (Savchenko and Szolkowy) are the kinds of people we want to beat, so we have to compete against them whenever we can."

Dubé and Davison will skate to Requiem for a Dream for their short program, a departure of sorts for the lyrical and romantic duo.

"This program is really powerful and something more dramatic than we normally do," said an excited Dubé "We are very comfortable with it."

For their freeskate, the Canadian champs will skate to Marvin Hamlisch's The Way We Were.

"The program is choreographed by David Wilson, and it has a great story to it," Davison explained. "We hope to make people cry with this program. We want them to be emotionally attached to us, and we feel like that if even we make small mistakes technically, we can still draw them in."

Americans Rena Inoue and John Baldwin look to return to the upper echelon of pairs skating after a year's absence from the World scene. Unlike the Germans, Inoue and Baldwin have been slowly heading down the ranks since the 2006 season, but still have everything they need to remain competitive. The problem for this team has been commitment to a regular training regiment that has escaped them the past two seasons.

Over the summer, Inoue and Baldwin recommitted themselves to training for elite competition, and hired former World medalists Jenni Meno and Todd Sand to guide them through the Olympic season. Interestingly, both Inoue (October 17th) and Baldwin (October 18th) will celebrate a birthday at this competition. A medal could be the perfect present for the former American champs.

Filling out the roster are four teams who are beginning their climb up the international ladder, and it will be exciting to see who will come out on top. China's Huibo Dong and Yiming Wu finished 12th in their World Championship debut last season in Los Angeles, and have big tricks that could pay off for them.

The current Junior World bronze medalists Marissa Castelli and Simon Shnapir from the United States will make their Grand Prix debut in Paris, but don't quite yet have the technical elements to compete with the top teams.

Two French teams will look to establish themselves as front runners for France's only Olympic berth at this competition. Vanessa James and Yannick Bonheur seem to have the inside track after placing 12th at the World Championships in Los Angeles. James and Bonheur represented France at the Nebelhorn Trophy last month, and performed well enough to clinch their country a spot in the Games. However, current French Champions Adeline Canac and Maximin Coia beat James and Bonheur at last year's European Championships, and could do the same again here.

DANCE

The ice dance competition will be an exciting event from the first place team all the way down to the 10th place team.

Current World bronze medalists Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir will look to hold off a charge by home-country favorites Nathalie Pechalat and Fabian Bourzat, who are now training in Russia.

Virtue and Moir are excited to return to the Grand Prix circuit after missing last season. Virtue was diagnosed with chronic exertional compartment syndrome - a condition that stems from over training. They were able to come back in time to win the silver medal at the Four Continents Championships and later the bronze in Los Angeles. However, the Canadian champs were nowhere near their peak form of the previous season in which they won the Four Continents title and the World silver medal.

"I'm close to pain free now," Virtue said with relief, "but I have my moments and times when I'm not perfect. I am a regular at physiotherapy so I can work those muscles."

The team is using Farrulas by Pepe Romero for their Original Dance and a classical Free Dance to Gustav Mahler's Symphony No. 5.

"We worked with a flamenco dancer in the spring," explained Virtue. "It's hard because the dance is typically performed on a small stage, and we have to convert that to a large ice surface. It was difficult to figure out how to make the same impact on the ice while remaining true to the dance. We have tried to transfer what we learned off ice to the ice, and the result is a very passionate and very strong character."

At first, Virtue and Moir wanted to use something with the flavor of a Canadian folk dance, but were unable to find something that they thought would work.

"We really wanted to go the Canadian folk route," Virtue admitted. "We listened to a lot of beautiful Canadian music, but we couldn't find something as powerful as we wanted. So, we settled on the flamenco and we think it was the right choice."

Moir is most excited about the Free Dance, however.

"Marina (Zoueva) told us that she had our music for the Free Dance, and would never let us listen to it," Moir said with a hint of frustration. "[Finally] one day she took us out to her car and played it for us, and Tessa and I knew the moment we heard it that it was what we wanted to use."

Returning to the Grand Prix is exciting for the duo, and they believe that they are ready for the competition.

"We are excited to get out and compete against the best skaters," Moir said. "We are going to take as much feedback as we can from the judges, and use that to make us even better as the season progresses. We want to be on top... but we're not really concerned with what everyone else is doing. We just concern ourselves with what we are doing."

Pechalat and Bourzat are retuning to Trophée Eric Bompard for the first time since 2006, and should fare significantly better than their seventh place finish that season. The French Champions are steadily climbing up the rankings, and finished just two spots below Virtue and Moir at the World Championships last season.

"Of course we come to Paris to win," Bourzat said emphatically. "The Grand Prix series are major events in figure skating, and competing against Virtue and Moir is not that easy to handle. But it is good to see live what the other skaters are doing this year, and what we will need to work on. We knew long ago that we would compete in Paris, so we have been preparing in order to be on top here."

Pechalat and Bourzat are taking a completely different route than the Canadians in the Original Dance, skating to Thank God I'm a Country Boy by Roy Rivers and Dolly Parton. For their Free Dance, they are using a medley of Kika by Ezekiel and Time by Maxime Rodriguez.

Great Britain's Sinead Kerr and John Kerr are looking to improve upon their bronze medal winning performances last season at this event, but will have a difficult path with the Canadians and the French.

Kerr and Kerr are skating to I've Been Everywhere by Johnny Cash for their Original Dance, and are using American rock band Linkin Park's Krwing for their Free Dance.

Over the weekend, the British Champions won their second consecutive title in Finland in impressive fashion, and have set themselves up nicely for a medal in Paris.

A trio of American teams will provide the backdrop for an interesting competition within the competition of sorts. Emily Samuelson and Evan Bates are the current U.S. silver medalists, Kimberly Navarro and Brent Bommentre won bronze at last year's championships, while Madison Hubbell and Keiffer Hubbell were fourth.

Team USA has three spots for the Olympic Games, and these three teams will most likely be fighting for the final spot as Tanith Belbin/Ben Agosto and Meryl Davis/Charlie White have likely earned a trip to Vancouver based on previous performances. Samuelson and Bates seem to have momentum on their side after finishing third at the Four Continents Championships last season and 11th at the World Championships.

"We will have the Hubbells with us at Skate Canada, but this will be our only opportunity to compete against Kim and Brent until Nationals," Bates offered. "Obviously every team wants that third spot, so that should make the competition all the more exciting."

Samuelson and Bates won their first Grand Prix medal last season at the NHK Trophy, and believe that they are in shape to skate well in Paris.

"We would like to get feedback for our programs from an international panel," said Bates. "This is our first event of the season, so obviously expecting perfection would be a bit ambitious, but we are definitely in shape and capable of giving strong performances."

"This will be the first time most people have seen our new programs and we're really excited to show them as well as we can," added Samuelson. "Our main goal is to skate well and receive good feedback from the judges so we can continue to improve before Skate Canada, Nationals, and any future competitions we have."

Navarro and Bommentre's highest finish in a Grand Prix event was last season at Skate Canada where they finished fifth. The duo lost all head to head competitions to Samuelson and Bates last season, and have their work cut out for them if they hope to move up in the standings.

Hubbell and Hubbell are making their Grand Prix debut in Paris, and it would be a great accomplishment to finish in the top five.

Two French and Russian teams round out the roster for the ice dance event. The new French team of Pernelle Carron and Lloyd Jones, like Hubbell and Hubbell, will be making their Grand Prix debut in Paris, while teammates Zoe Blanc and Pierre-Loup Bouquet will try to improve on their ninth place finish from a year ago. Should teammates Isabelle Delobel and Olivier Schoenfelder be unable or unwilling to return to competition due to Delobel recently having a child, these two teams will be fighting for France's second Olympic berth (no pun intended).

Meanwhile, Russians Ekaterina Rubleva and Ivan Shefer will battle teammates Kristina Gorshkova and Vitali Butikov, for what could be their country's third Olympic berth. The top finisher here will certainly carry some momentum in their national championships.

Elvin's Picks

LADIES
1. Kim KOR
2. Asada JPN
3. Nakano JPN
4. Kostner ITA
5. Zhang USA

MEN
1. Verner CZE
2. Joubert FRA
3. Ponsero FRA
4. Preaubert FRA
5. Oda JPN

PAIRS
1. Savchenko/Szolkowy GER
2. Mukhortova/Trankov RUS
3. Dubé/Davison CAN
4. Inoue/Baldwin USA
5. Dong/Wu CHN

DANCE
1. Pechalat/Bourzat FRA
2. Virtue/Moir CAN
3. Samuelson/Bates USA
4. Kerr/Kerr GBR
5. Hubbell/Hubbell USA
cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 13 Oct 2009, 10:00

Grand Prix - Trophée Eric Bompard, Cup of Russia (Rostelecom Cup), Cup of China :mo-ro_zi_vo:

Grand Prix series (for all :plush45:) - "NTV Plus Sport" via internet(http://www.ntvplus.ru/tv)
http://www.ntvplus.ru/tv/search.xl?search=...ERIC+BOMPARD%22
http://www.ntvplus.ru/sport/article.xl?id=28506

Online Link - subscription to WebTv:
http://www.rutelevision.com/index-en.asp

--------------------------------------------------------

P.S. I am registered on http://www.skatebuzz.com/ ... but I do not know whether it will actually be there Live Stream's, nor is it only for Canadians :mi_ga_et:

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showpost.p...94&postcount=63

SCHEDULE of Skating on TV and online in Canada

All times Eastern

Trophée Eric Bompard (TEB)
- Oct 16

live streaming on Skatebuzz http://www.skatebuzz.com/
8-9.05am CD
9.20-11am MS
11.15-12.15pm PS
12.40-2.15pm LS
2.30-3.45pm OD

----------------------

TEB
- Oct 17

live streaming on Skatebuzz
7.30-9.15am MF
9.45-11.10am PF
12.30-2pm LF
2.15-3.45 FD

live streaming on cbc.ca 1.20pm-? TEB?
http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/Sports/Live_Streaming

TV CBC 1.30-4pm (Ottawa time is shown)
TV CBC Bold 10pm-12.30am
http://www.cbc.ca/programguide/

------------------------

TEB
- Oct 18

live streaming on Skatebuzz
8-11am Gala

-------------------------

TEB
- Oct 23

TV Evasion 5-6pm
http://www.evasion.tv/emissions/evasion_su...ix_isu/episodes

---------------------------

TEB
- Oct24

TV Evasion 8-9am and 5-6pm

Rostelecom Cup (COR)
- Oct24

TV CBC 1-3pm (Ottawa time is shown)
TV CBC Bold 10pm-12am

-----------------------------

TEB
- Oct 25

TV Evasion 8-9am

Rostelecom Cup (COR)
- Oct 30

TV Evasion COR 5-7pm

Rostelecom Cup (COR)
- Oct 31

TV Evasion COR 8-10am and 5-7pm

Cup of China (COC)
- Oct 31

TV CBC Bold 11pm-1am

Rostelecom Cup (COR)
- Nov 1

TV Evasion 8-10am (or maybe 9-11am. They list 2 diff times)

Cup of China (COC)
- Nov 6

TV Evasion 5-7pm (or 6-8)

This is all I can find ATM. I've mentioned coverage of SC and Canadians on CBC in my post number 8 in this thread, as listed in IFS magazine but I don't regard it as a totally reliable source. No disrespect to IFS, it's just that I wouldn't be surprised if CBC didn't know what it's doing that far ahead yet.

As you can see above I found mention of live streaming on cbc.ca of TEB but it seems really random and at an odd time. Maybe they are live streaming the whole thing and haven't got it all posted yet.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For viewers in USA :mi_ga_et:

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp...ce_pressrelease

NBC Sports set to broadcast Grand Prix Series
USFS, NBC announce broadcast partnership

(10/12/2009) - Colorado Springs, Colo. -- U.S. Figure Skating and NBC Sports announced today a partnership that will allow NBC Sports and Universal Sports to broadcast the 2009 International Skating Union (ISU) Grand Prix of Figure Skating Series. NBC Sports will broadcast 12 hours of live and same-weekend taped coverage of five Grand Prix events and the Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final. Universal Sports, available in more than 56 million homes, will broadcast more than 50 hours of Grand Prix coverage, including live and near-live taped programming and rebroadcasts of the featured programming that appears on NBC Sports.

The deal, which was made possible after U.S. Figure Skating acquired the rights to the Grand Prix Series from the ISU this summer, marks the first time since 2003 that coverage of nearly all the Grand Prix Series events will appear on network television.

"It was extremely important to U.S. Figure Skating that we pursue every opportunity possible to bring television coverage of the Grand Prix Series back to the loyal fans of figure skating," said David Raith, U.S. Figure Skating executive director. "Our acquisition of the rights from the ISU and this agreement with NBC and Universal Sports will allow fans of the sport to follow our skaters and their success throughout the Grand Prix season and into the 2010 Olympic Winter Games."

NBC's broadcast will feature coverage of the ladies and men's free skates, while Universal Sports will focus its coverage on pairs, ice dancing and the men's and ladies short programs. Coupled with the live and on-demand coverage of the entire Grand Prix Series on icenetwork.com, fans in the United States will have the most extensive coverage of the ISU Grand Prix Series ever offered.

"This partnership with U.S. Figure Skating to air these premiere Grand Prix events confirms our commitment to bringing the world's best skaters to NBC Sports and Universal Sports as we lead into the Vancouver Games," said David Michaels, senior producer, NBC Olympics and executive producer, Universal Sports. "Figure skating is the most popular sport in the Winter Olympics, and these international events allow the fans of competitive figure skating to follow the best as they prepare for Vancouver."

This new television partnership between U.S. Figure Skating and NBC Sports is the latest in an ongoing relationship between the two parties. NBC has been U.S. Figure Skating's broadcast partner for Skate America and the U.S. Figure Skating Championships since the 2007-08 season, and an extension of that partnership through 2014 was announced in late August.

In addition to the coverage of the 2009 Grand Prix Series, NBC Sports will broadcast 10 hours, including live, prime-time coverage of the ladies free skate, of the 2010 AT&T U.S. Figure Skating Championships, Jan. 14-24, 2010, in Spokane, Wash. Universal Sports, available in more than 56 million homes, will once again offer additional coverage and re-airs of the U.S. Championships.

"The opportunity to work together on the Grand Prix Series this season is a testament to the strength of the ongoing relationship we have established with NBC Sports and Universal Sports," Raith said. "Their commitment to figure skating is important to our organization, and we continue to work together to look for new and innovative ways to showcase our athletes and the sport."

NBC's broadcast team for the Grand Prix Series will include Andrea Joyce and 2002 Olympic pairs champion (with partner Jamie Salé), David Pelletier.
cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 13 Oct 2009, 23:24

http://www.vremya.ru/2009/188/11/239384.html

Нестандартный прокат
Плющенко установил новый ориентир для мужского катания

На этой неделе в Париже стартует серия турниров Гран-при по фигурному катанию. Начиная с этого сезона очередность шести этапов изменена. Следом за Францией эстафету примет Москва, затем Пекин, Нагано, после чего соревнования переместятся в Северную Америку -- американский Лейк-Плэсид и канадский Китченер. Финал состоится в Токио 3-6 декабря.

Именно эти международные турниры станут лакмусовой бумажкой, которая продемонстрирует готовность спортсменов к Олимпиаде в Ванкувере. Все тренировки в этом олимпийском сезоне будут строиться с прицелом на зимние Игры-2010. Окончательный состав российской олимпийской сборной, в которую войдут 16 спортсменов (по три пары и по два одиночника) станет известен после январского чемпионата Европы в Таллине.

Однако президент Всероссийской федерации фигурного катания Валентин Писеев уже озвучил несколько фамилий фигуристов, которые забронировали место в команде. Это парники Юко Кавагути -- Александр Смирнов, Мария Мухортова -- Максим Траньков, танцоры Оксана Домнина -- Максим Шабалин, Яна Хохлова -- Сергей Новицкий, а также олимпийский чемпион в мужском катании Евгений Плющенко.

На прошлой неделе Плющенко впервые принял участие в официальных соревнованиях -- этапе Кубка России в Перми. Он одержал убедительную победу и показал рекордный для мужского катания результат -- 266,95 балла (предыдущее достижение принадлежало японцу Дайсуке Такахаши -- 264,41). Несмотря на это, Плющенко назвал свои прокаты неидеальными и откровенно признался, что выходить на Игры с таким катанием нельзя. По словам спортсмена, свою нынешнюю форму он оценивает на 70% от оптимальной. Но следует напомнить, что это только начало сезона и было бы наивно предъявлять высокие требования к катанию.

«Говорить о том, что Плющенко покажет в Ванкувере самую сложную программу в техническом плане, полагаю преждевременным, -- выразил свое мнение тренер фигуриста Алексей Мишин в беседе с корреспондентом «Времени новостей». -- Сейчас нельзя относиться к соперникам как к неполноценным. В мужском одиночном катании появилась замечательная плеяда спортсменов, у каждого из которых есть очень яркая сторона. Кто-то высоко прыгает, другой быстро катается, третий виртуозно вращается, четвертый эмоционален и артистичен... Если кому-то из них удастся соединить все это в одно целое, то тот и будет представлять наибольшую опасность для конкурентов. В современном фигурном катании все играет важную роль -- и техническая составляющая, и эмоциональная сторона, и то, что называется удовлетворением безумных требований новых правил. Все важно.

Я всегда знал, что рано или поздно Женя вернется на лед. Понял это через 15 мин. после его победы на Играх в Турине. Для меня в его желании вернуться в спорт не было ничего необычного. Незаурядные люди принимают незаурядные решения, поэтому измерять их поступки обычным метром -- это большая ошибка. Как-то один известный журналист мне сказал, что золотая олимпийская медаль дает ее обладателю свободу. Нет, это совсем не так. Напротив, олимпийский чемпион после победы начинает терзаться: быть или не быть, оставаться или нет, а если ушел из спорта, то стоит ли возвращаться? Женя размышлял над этим три года и только на четвертый решил.

У меня никогда не возникало с ним проблем. И раньше в работе с Плющенко было больше позитива. Он мотивирован, нацелен на результат, профессионально и серьезно относится к любым мелочам. У нас сложился замечательный коллектив -- костюмеры, художники, музыканты, тренеры, хореографы. Нам интересно работать вместе. А это самое важное».

В нынешней серии Гран-при Плющенко заявлен только на одном этапе из шести, который пройдет в Москве 22--25 октября. Соперниками россиянина будут канадец Патрик Чан и американец Джонни Вейр. На правах хозяев турнира в российской столице выступят также Андрей Лутай и Артем Бородулин.

На Играх в Ванкувере россияне могут выставить двух одиночников-мужчин. Если вопрос с Плющенко закрыт, то на вторую путевку претендентов немало. Это и Сергей Воронов, и Лутай, и Бородулин... Правда, тренер Воронова олимпийский чемпион Алексей Урманов выразил надежду, что решение этого вопроса не затянется, поскольку в противном случае еще до начала Игр претенденты на оставшуюся путевку потратят львиную долю сил и эмоций на внутреннюю борьбу. Кстати, Воронов будет участвовать в первом этапе Гран-при, который состоится в Париже 15--18 октября.

Что касается женского катания, то наибольшие шансы на попадание в олимпийскую команду имеет Алена Леонова. На прошлой неделе она выиграла международный турнир в Финляндии, да и на прокатах в Подмосковье удивила своей произвольной программой. Платье под цвет российского флага, музыка -- народная. Однако, по словам тренера спортсменки Аллы Пятовой, возможности ее подопечной небезграничны, и если быть реалистом, то россиянка вряд ли сможет соперничать на равных с сильной кореянкой Ю На Ким и японками.

В танцах на льду чемпионы Европы Яна Хохлова и Сергей Новицкий уже продемонстрировали новые программы. Чемпионы мира Оксана Домнина и Максим Шабалин на контрольные прокаты в Россию не приезжали, готовятся к сезону в США. Главный вопрос относительно этого дуэта -- состояние здоровья партнера. Летом Максим прошел курс реабилитации в немецкой клинике, но по возвращении признался, что «чуда не произошло».

Выбрать третий дуэт в олимпийскую сборную страны будет делом чрезвычайно сложным. Здесь претендентов гораздо больше, и все они имеют реальные шансы на место в команде. Многое прояснится после этапов Гран-при. Домнина и Шабалин выступят в Москве и Нагано. Хохлова -- Новицкий заявлены на турнирах в Пекине и Лейк-Плэсиде.

Кстати, одни из претендентов на медали, чемпионы мира-2008 французские танцоры Изабель Делобель и Оливье Шенфельдер, которые из-за травмы партнерши пропустили чемпионаты Европы и мира-2009, не намерены пропускать этот сезон. Не так давно Делобель стала мамой, однако, по словам спортсменки, это не помешает ей выступить на Играх в Ванкувере. Французы предстанут перед публикой на предпоследнем американском этапе серии.

В парном катании возвращение призеров Олимпийских игр Ксю Шень и Хонгбо Чжао может внести коррективы в медальный расклад. По словам тренера Тамары Москвиной, четыре пропущенных года, в течение которых китайцы выступали в шоу, добавили лоска и артистизма этому дуэту. Еще ни разу в своей спортивной карьере китайцы не выигрывали Олимпиаду, дважды довольствовались «бронзой», так что лидерам прошлых сезонов немецкой паре Алена Савченко -- Робин Шолковы предстоит доказывать свое право на чемпионство. Двум российским тандемам Кавагути -- Смирнов и Мухортова -- Траньков придется еще сложнее. Ученики Олега Васильева начнут соревнования в Париже, затем в Канаде. Кавагути и Смирнов выступят в Москве и Нагано.

К слову, глава технического комитета ИСУ Александр Лакерник опроверг информацию о том, что в этом сезоне в фигурном катании будут кардинальные нововведения. «Правила этого года очень похожи на правила прошлого сезона, -- заявил он корреспонденту «Времени новостей». -- Нас просили в олимпийский сезон вносить как можно меньше изменений. Да, изменения есть, но они никак не влияют на общую картину. Вот к следующему году изменений в правилах будет куда больше», -- заявил Лакерник.

Российские фигуристы -- участники серии Гран-при-2009

1-й этап. Париж (Франция). 15--18 октября. Мужчины -- Сергей Воронов. Женщины -- нет. Пары -- Мария Мухортова -- Максим Траньков. Танцы -- Кристина Горшкова -- Виталий Бутиков, Екатерина Рублева -- Иван Шефер.

2-й этап. Москва (Россия). 22--25 октября. Мужчины -- Евгений Плющенко, Андрей Лутай, Артем Бородулин. Женщины -- Алена Леонова, Екатерина Гербольдт, Оксана Гозева. Пары -- Юко Кавагути -- Александр Смирнов, Вера Базарова -- Юрий Ларионов, Анастасия Мартюшева -- Алексей Рогонов. Танцы -- Оксана Домнина -- Максим Шабалин, Екатерина Рязанова -- Илья Ткаченко, Екатерина Рублева -- Иван Шефер.

3-й этап. Пекин (Китай). 29 октября -- 1 ноября. Мужчины -- Воронов. Женщины -- нет. Пары -- Любовь Илюшечкина -- Нодари Майсурадзе. Танцы -- Яна Хохлова -- Сергей Новицкий.

4-й этап. Нагано (Япония). 5--8 ноября. Мужчины -- Бородулин. Женщины -- Леонова. Пары -- Кавагути -- Смирнов, Ксения Красильникова -- Константин Безматерных. Танцы -- Екатерина Боброва -- Дмитрий Соловьев, Домнина -- Шабалин.

5-й этап. Лейк-Плэсид (США). 12--15 ноября. Мужчины -- Андрей Лутай. Женщины и пары -- нет. Танцы -- Горшкова -- Бутиков, Хохлова -- Новицкий.

6-й этап. Китченер (Канада). 19--22 ноября. Мужчины, женщины -- нет. Пары -- Мухортова -- Траньков, Ксения Озерова -- Александр Энберт. Танцы -- Боброва -- Соловьев.
cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 14 Oct 2009, 04:13

http://loopaxles.blogspot.com/2009/10/s ... gines.html
Monday, October 12, 2009

Skaters...Start Your Engines!

The Senior Grand Prix is finally upon us and it's time for the big match-ups to begin! Some of the best skaters in the world have descended upon the beautiful Paris, France for the beginning of the Senior Grand Prix, Trophee Eric Bompard.

The ladies event in Paris will provide a bang right from the start with heavy hitters Mao Asada of Japan and Kim Yu-Na of Korea doing battle in the first major competition of the season. Unfortunately, Olympic Silver Medalist, American Sasha Cohen will miss the party as she withdrew last week citing injury. The competition is still packed however. The competition will be 'spiced' up with Italian Carolina Kostner who is trying to comeback from last season's disastrous performance at Worlds. Yukari Nakano (did everyone see her dislocate her shoulder then pop it back into place while skating at the Japan Open?) will be trying to prove she deserves a trip to Vancouver in a very deep Japanese field, and American Caroline Zhang will try to prove she has 'Olympic Fortitude' with an eye on Vancouver as well. I wouldn't count out Finland's Kiira Korpi or Georgia's Elene Gedevanishvili either. I'm excited about this, what a fantastic group of skaters! Medal Predictions: GOLD (Kim Yu-Na), SILVER (Mao Asada), BRONZE (Carolina Kostner)

In Ice Dance, Canadians Virtue and Moir look to be the favorites but the French team of Pechalat and Bourzat made big improvements last season and with the support of the French crowd may have the advantage. Also in the medal mix will be Great Britain's brother and sister team of Kerr and Kerr. I'm keeping my eye on Carron and Jones. Pernelle Carron had an ugly split with former partner Matthieu Jost last season and this is the new team's international debut. This will be Carron's third partner and Jones' second (he formerly competed for Britain). There's an impressive American Trio in the event with Samuelson and Bates, Navarro and Bommentre, and Hubbell and Hubbell...the three teams that finished 2, 3, 4 respectively at last season's U.S. Nationals in Cleveland. Notably absent is France's Delobel and Schoenfelder who will not debut until later this season as Isabelle just gave birth to a baby boy! Medal Predictions: GOLD (Virtue & Moir), SILVER (Pechalat & Bourzat), BRONZE (Kerr & Kerr)

In pairs, World Champions Savchenko and Szolkowy of Germany look to have an easy path to victory but a couple of teams may get in the way. Canadians Dube and Davison have, at times, shown flashes of brilliance and if they can bring their 'A' game to Paris they'll be competitive with the Germans. Russia's Mukhortova and Trankov have yet to put a competition together. No one questions their ability to compete with the best in the world, only their ability to deliver when under pressure. If they also skate well, they'll be tough competition. Also competing is Americans Inoue and Baldwin who, at times, have been formidable. I'll be interested in seeing if they 1) try a throw triple axel and 2) have solid side-by-side triple jumps. It'll take one or the other (possibly both) to be competitive with the previously mentioned teams. Medal Predictions: GOLD (Savchenko & Szolkowy), SILVER (Mukhortova & Trankov), BRONZE (Dube & Davison)

Finally, the men's event could be a sweet treat for the French. Brian Joubert looked a bit unprepared at the French Masters competition last month. Hopefully he will have fined tuned his skating (and yes, choreography too) to be ready for this event which in the past has not always been kind to him. Still, you have to consider the World Bronze Medalist the favorite coming in. Joubert's stiffest competition may come from fellow teammates Alban Preaubert and Yannick Ponsero. Preaubert tends to do well at the event having twice won the bronze and Yannick Ponsero has inventive style that can bring in big component scores. A French sweep is not only possible, but I say at least 25% likely. However, there are few skaters who will attempt to 'pluie sur la parade français.' Czech Republic's Tomas Verner in fact will attempt to win the whole thing, but he'll need to bring consistency in his jumps to accomplish it. Japan's Nobunari Oda could also spoil the fun for Team France and Verner by winning the competition himself. Russia's Sergei Voronov is in the competition and can be a factor (especially if he brings that textbook quad toe) and reigning Junior World Champion American Adam Rippon will also be in the thick of it. Medal Predictions: GOLD (Oda), SILVER (Joubert), BRONZE (Ponsero)

Don't forget, here in the U.S. NBC will be broadcasting this event on Sunday, October 18th.
cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 15 Oct 2009, 06:25

http://www.examiner.com/x-20118-Figure-Ska...mpard-Cachemire
October 13, Figure Skating Examiner, Jackie Wong

Grand Prix series begins this week at Trophee Eric Bompard Cachemire

The Nebelhorn Trophy and Finlandia Trophy may have happened during the past few weeks, but this week’s Trophee Eric Bompard Cachemire in Paris truly marks the start of the Olympic season. Most of the Olympic medal contenders will be competing at the Grand Prix series in preparation for their national championships and, ultimately, the Olympic Games in Vancouver in February.

This week’s Trophee Eric Bompard is the first competition of the Senior Grand Prix season, featuring seven World medalists, including reigning and former World champions Yu-Na Kim, Aliona Savchenko and Robin Szolkowy, Mao Asada, and Brian Joubert. Those familiar with the Grand Prix series may find this season’s schedule a bit disorienting. Skate America had been the first competition of the series in years past, but there was some shuffling in the schedule this season.

Two of the Grand Prix events will be in cities that played host to past Winter Olympic Games - Nagano, Japan, will host the NHK Trophy and Lake Placid, New York, will host Skate America.

Trophee Eric Bompard Cachemire preview - Ladies:
http://www.examiner.com/x-20118-Figure-Ska...Preview--Ladies
Trophee Eric Bompard Cachemire preview - Dance:
http://www.examiner.com/x-20118-Figure-Ska...-preview--Dance
Trophee Eric Bompard Cachemire preview - Men:
http://www.examiner.com/x-20118-Figure-Ska...re-preview--Men
Trophee Eric Bompard Cachemire preview - Pairs:
http://www.examiner.com/x-20118-Figure-Ska...-preview--Pairs

-----------------------------------------------------

U.S. television viewers will be happy to hear that U.S. Figure Skating and NBC Sports just finalized a deal that will bring every competition in the Grand Prix series to American television for the first time in many years.

Grand Prix series U.S. television schedule
Trophee Eric Bompard Cachemire: Paris, France – October 15-18, 2009
Rostelecom Cup: Moscow, Russia – October 22-25, 2009
Cup of China: Beijing, China – October 29-November 1, 2009
NHK Trophy: Nagano, Japan – November 5-8, 2009
Skate America: Lake Placid, New York – November 12-15, 2009
Skate Canada: Kitchener, Ontario – November 19-22, 2009
Grand Prix Final: Tokyo, Japan – December 3-6, 2009

NBC and Universal Sports to broadcast ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating (detail schedule):
http://www.examiner.com/x-20118-Figure-Ska...-Figure-Skating
http://kwantifiable.xanga.com/714378275/item/
cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 15 Oct 2009, 06:39

http://www.universalsports.com/ViewArti ... =204813395
Tue Oct 13, 2009 By Alexa Ainsworth / NBC Olympics

Ladies in forefront as Grand Prix season begins

The figure skating season gets underway in Paris on Thursday at the first of six Grand Prix events. Here are five things to know before event No. 1:

Postponed (?) start
2006 Olympic silver medalist Sasha Cohen was slated to make her return to competition in Paris, but announced her withdrawal last week, citing calf tendonitis. In the press release, Cohen said she still plans to compete at Skate America, where she will face Kim Yu-Na and 2009 U.S. silver medalist Rachael Flatt in mid-November. Cohen has not competed in an ISU competition since the 2006 World Championships. While her withdrawal from Paris leads many to question her comeback, from the beginning she has said the goal is to be ready by Nationals in January. In a sport where most top athletes are injured to some degree, Cohen withdrawing because of calf tendonitis suggests that she has yet to regain the technical arsenal necessary to be competitive.

Kim v. Asada
The ladies' event should prove the most competitive of the series with two of the top contenders for Olympic gold meeting in Paris. South Korean Kim Yu-Na and the woman most likely to challenge her, Mao Asada of Japan, have never competed against one another this early in the season. The past three seasons they have met for the first time at the series finale in December having settled in after two Grand Prix events.

At the Torino Games, observers said one the best ladies' competitors was absent, with Asada 86 days too young to compete in 2006. Kim was skating in the junior ranks, and just 20 days older than Asada, was also age ineligible for Torino. Fast forward four years and the 19-year-olds are favored to go 1-2 in Vancouver. In head-to-head competition, they are tied at five-all, but with Kim winning the last matchup at 2009 Worlds, where she won her first world title and Asada finished off an ISU podium (fourth) for the first time in her career.

With her consistency, the South Korean superstar has the early edge in Paris. Asada, the 2008 world champion, may risk a triple Axel in the short program and possibly two in the free skate. The duo may not be in peak form four months from Vancouver and at a typical Grand Prix event a few mistakes are permissible, but in a stacked field in Paris, Italian Carolina Kostner, American Caroline Zhang and Yukari Nakano from Japan could challenge the two world champions. Should Kim and Asada arrive in competitive form, Paris may prove to be a sneak peek of February 2010.

Joubert and the quad
In the past, Brian Joubert has struggled competing at the event in his home country, but could use two solid skates in Paris (about 200 miles from his hometown of Poitiers). Coming off a disappointing bronze medal at the world championships in March, he needs to prove he's still the quad king. At the 2009 Worlds, he was the only man on the podium who attempted a quad, with American Evan Lysacek and Canadian Patrick Chan sticking to their consistent triples. For Joubert, good performances at the first Grand Prix can set the standard for the rest of the season-a season where the quad will likely regain its former importance with the return of 2006 Olympic champion Yevgeny Plushenko of Russia. Joubert has attempted quads in competition since he finished 14th at the 2002 Salt Lake Games. The Frenchman finished 6th in Torino and at the past two Olympics the quad was a must-have to land on the medal podium. Joubert, 25, has won every accolade in figure skating except an Olympic medal, and with serious experience completing the quad, he is a leading contender for gold in Vancouver at his third Games.

Back on track
At 2009 Worlds, team Canada won medals in the men's, ladies' and dance fields to set up multiple podium contenders for its home Olympics. The one hole was in pairs, where 2008 world bronze medalists Jessica Dube and Bryce Davison dropped to seventh in 2009. The team was out-of-sync all season and unable to come together in time to land on another world podium. The two-time Canadian champions re-grouped in the off-season and went back to their comfort zone artistically. With their more romantic-style free skate, the Canadians look to rebuild in Paris by challenging two-time world champions Aliona Savchenko & Robin Szolkowy from Germany. Dube and Davison were young upstarts in 2006 where they finished 10th and will rely on their strong individual skating and emotional connection to land them on the podium at their second Olympics.

Injury free
Canadians Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir return to the Grand Prix series after missing 2008 because of Virtue's surgery last October. Following the team's 2008 world silver medal, over training in the off-season led to Virtue experiencing pain in her shins, which required surgery on both legs to relieve chronic exertional compartment syndrome. They came back in time to win a bronze medal at 2009 Worlds, but many expect them to challenge for gold at a home Games. Injury free in 2009, Virtue and Moir are one of four teams in contention for a medal in Vancouver. The Canadians will take on 2006 Olympic silver medalists Tanith Belbin & Ben Agosto, 2009 world champions Oksana Domnina & Maksim Shabalin of Russia, and 2008 world champions Isabelle Delobel & Olivier Schoenfelder of France. The French team competed at its home Grand Prix for 13 consecutive years and won the past two seasons, but will not compete this week as Delobel gave birth to her first child on Oct. 1. Virtue and Moir look to claim Delobel & Schoenfelder's top spot at the Grand Prix of France and their spot on the Vancouver podium.

ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating France Schedule
Friday, Oct. 16
- Compulsory Dance
- Men's Short
- Pairs Short
- Ladies Short
- Original Dance

Saturday, Oct. 17
- Men's Free
- Pairs Free
- Ladies Free
- Free Dance

-------------------------------------------------------

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/olympics ... 5429_x.htm
By Samuel Petrequin, AP Sports

Joubert in the spotlight at Trophee Bompard

PARIS — Former world champion Brian Joubert of France will be the main attraction at the Trophee Bompard, the first of six Grand Prix events that starts Thursday.

Following Olympic silver medalist Sasha Cohen's withdrawal in the women's field, Joubert will be the big star when he skates in front of his home fans as serious preparations begin for next year's Vancouver Olympics.

"My goal is to go to Vancouver for the gold medal," Joubert said. "I get up every morning to be Olympic champion. Everything is fine at the moment, so there is no reason not to do so."

Joubert, who in 2007 became the first Frenchman to win the world title since Alain Calmat 42 years go, finished sixth at the 2006 Turin Olympics after being among the favorites.

"In 2006, I wanted the gold medal but I was lacking experience and maturity," Joubert said. "I've started to work differently. These last two years, it wasn't fun. Now, I have fun and I will seize the opportunity because I want this (Olympic) medal."

A five-time world medalist known for his big jumps, Joubert is likely to be challenged in Paris by Nobunari Oda. The Japanese skater is in top form, winning last year's NHK Trophy, after being banned for three months by his national federation in 2007 for drunk driving.....

------------------------------------------------------

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/sp ... 53405.html

Yu-na to Open New Season in Paris

South Korea's world figure skating champion Kim Yu-na headed for Paris to play in the first Grand Prix series competition of the 2009-2010 season.

The 19-year-old, who won her first world championship title in March, has been training in Toronto with her Canadian coach Brian Oser. She will open the season Friday at Trophee Eric Bompard in Paris, while eyeing her first gold in the Vancouver Winter Olympics early next year.

Kim will show off new programs choreographed by David Wilson in Paris ― skating to the "James Bond 007" theme in the short program and George Gershwin's "Piano Concerto in F Major" in the long program.

Kim skated to "Danse Macabre" by Camille Saint-Saens for the short program and Rimsky-Korsakov's "Scheherazade" for the free skating competition last season, which won her a record overall 207.71 points in the world championship.

Performing flawless jumps and spirals that earned her four crowns in five events, including the world championship and the Four Continents Championships last season, she became the strongest favorite to win the gold medal in the Olympics.

Japan's Asada Mao, the former world champion, and Italy's Carolina Kostner, former runner-up, will also compete in the event.

The South Korean skater is also scheduled to compete in Skate America in Lake Placid, New York, next month to qualify for the Grand Prix Final in Tokyo in December.

Only six skaters who accrue the most points through six Grand Prix tour events will compete in Tokyo.

-----------------------------------------------------

2 text about Sasha Cohen :mi_ga_et:

Sasha Cohen out, but the women will still be the main attraction at Grand Prix figure skating event in Paris
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_ ... prix-.html

Sasha Cohen answers critics of her Grand Prix meet pullout
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/olympic ... 0/sas.html
cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 15 Oct 2009, 07:14

http://kwantifiable.xanga.com/714512878/item/

Russian Pairs Great Hospitalized

Oleg Protopopov, father of pair skating, suffered a stroke last Thursday, October 8th. He is in the Adirondack Medical Center in Saranac Lake. If you would like to send a card:

Oleg Protopopov
c/o Adirondack Medical Center
2233 State Route 86
P.O. Box 471
Room 316
Saranac Lake, NY 12983

God Bless you Oleg! Skating fans everywhere offer their prayers for your rapid recovery!

(Photo - Ludmila and Oleg Protopopov skating at the 2007 An Evening with Champions / Wikimedia Commons)

Ludmilla and Oleg Protopopov 1984 World Professional Figure Skating Championships
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cg5r7Xi5RpM

The most sublime pairs competitive skating program ever, performed to Ave Maria. First skaters to ever get all perfect scores in a Professional World Championship.
cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 15 Oct 2009, 08:24

ISU Grand Prix Trophée Eric Bompard Cachemire 15 - 18 ottobre

http://www.artonice.it/?q=en/event

RaI Sport Più :mo-ro_zi_vo:

Timezone: Etc/GMT+1
Time: Cet (GMT +1)

ISU Grand Prix - Men, Pairs SP
Start: 16 Oct 2009 - 15:20
End: 16 Oct 2009 - 18:15
Live: Live
Comments: - Replica prevista dalle 0.00 del 17/10 (non è il primo programma con inizio alle 0.00, ma il quarto). Si consiglia di consultare il televideo nei giorni precedenti.
- Rediffusion from h. 0.00 of the October 17th (it isn't the first broadcast in the list from 0.00, but the 4th). Please, check the RAI Tv Guide: http://www.rai.it/dl/portale/GuidaProgrammi.html

ISU Grand Prix - (?)
Start: 17 Oct 2009 - 00:00

ISU Grand Prix - Ladies SP
Start: 17 Oct 2009 - 09:15
End: 17 Oct 2009 - 11:50
Live: Differita/Recorded

ISU Grand Prix - Sintesi FP
Start: 18 Oct 2009 - 00:00
End: 18 Oct 2009 - 02:00
Comments: L'orario è da confermare.

ISU Grand Prix - (?)
Start: 18 Oct 2009 - 09:15
End: 18 Oct 2009 - 10:20
Comments: Al momento, non disponibile il contenuto.

ISU Grand Prix Gala Finale
Start: 20 Oct 2009 - 09:15
End: 20 Oct 2009 - 13:30

ISU Grand Prix - (?)
Start: 20 Oct 2009 - 17:00
End: 20 Oct 2009 - 18:45

France 2
Men, Pairs FP
Start: 17 Oct 2009 - 14:50
End: 17 Oct 2009 - 16:45
Timezone: Etc/GMT+1
Language: Francese/French

France 3
Gala
Start: 18 Oct 2009 - 15:25
End: 18 Oct 2009 - 16:20
Live: Live
cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 16 Oct 2009, 06:00

http://www.sports.ru/others/figure-skat ... 35869.html

Гран-при Trophée Eric Bompard (Париж, Франция) - Расписание турнира

16 октября
16.00 Обязательный танец
17.20 Мужчины, короткая программа
19.15. Пары, короткая программа
20.40 Женщины, короткая программа
22.30 Оригинальный танец

17 октября
15.30 Мужчины, произвольная программа
17.45 Пары, произвольная программа
20.30 Женщины, произвольная программа
22.15 Произвольный танец

------------------------------------------------------

http://www.kommersant.ru/doc.aspx?DocsI ... &NodesID=9
Газета «Коммерсантъ» № 192 (4247) от 15.10.2009

Крупнофигурное катание
// На лед возвращаются чемпионы

Гран-при
Этапом серии Гран-при в Париже сегодня стартует международный сезон в фигурном катании. Примечателен он прежде всего возвращением на большой лед целой плеяды звезд этого вида спорта. Помимо олимпийского чемпиона 2006 года Евгения Плющенко в турнирах Гран-при вновь выступят двукратные олимпийские призеры в парном катании китайцы Сю Шэнь—Чжао Хонбо, серебряный призер туринских Игр американка Саша Коэн и французский дуэт чемпионов мира в танцах Изабель Делобель—Оливье Шенфельдер. Появление на публике вице-чемпиона Олимпиады и двукратного чемпиона мира Стефана Ламбьеля из Швейцарии ожидается в январе на чемпионате Европы в Таллине.

В течение шести недель, вплоть до финала Гран-при 3-6 декабря в Токио, сильнейшие фигуристы мира будут соревноваться, отшлифовывая свои новые олимпийские программы, в Париже, Москве, Пекине, Нагано, Лейк-Плэсиде и Китченере. На парижский лед вместе с призерами европейских первенств из России Марией Мухортовой—Максимом Траньковым (парное катание), Екатериной Рублевой—Иваном Шефером (танцы) и Сергеем Вороновым (одиночное катание) выйдет и группа элитных фигуристов — реальных претендентов на награды Олимпиады в Ванкувере. В ее числе действующие чемпионы мира в одиночном катании кореянка Ким Ю На и немецкая пара Алена Савченко—Робин Шолковы, а также чемпионы прошлых лет француз Бриан Жубер и японка Мао Асада. Ждали здесь и знаменитую Сашу Коэн, которая после взятого ею после Олимпиады тайм-аута тренируется нынче у известного специалиста, выходца из России Рафаэля Арутюняна. Однако в последний момент серебряный призер Игр в Турине сослалась на воспаление сухожилия на правой ноге и в Париж не поехала. Теперь у Коэн осталась возможность выступить на Гран-при дома, на предпоследнем этапе в американском Лейк-Плэсиде в ноябре. Там же на лед после годичного пропуска соревнований, связанного с рождением ребенка у партнерши, выйдут экс-чемпионы мира в танцах на льду французы Изабель Делобель и Оливье Шенфельдер.

Первые номера сборной России парижский этап пропустят. Зато 22-25 октября на втором этапе серии в Москве в столичном дворце "Мегаспорт" ожидается аншлаг. Дело в том, что там состоится едва ли не главная премьера сезона. В международных соревнованиях после трехлетнего перерыва выступит олимпийский чемпион и трехкратный чемпион мира Евгений Плющенко, а противостоять ему будут известные представители североамериканской школы — Джонни Вейр из США и Патрик Чан из Канады. На прошлой неделе в Перми, где 26-летний россиянин возобновил свою соревновательную практику на втором этапе Кубка России, он выиграл его с мировым рекордом — 266,95 балла (прежний принадлежал японцу Дайсуке Такахаси — 264,41, который после пропуска из-за травмы прошлого сезона в нынешнем стартует на четвертом этапе в Нагано). Однако сам Плющенко от шапкозакидательских настроений далек. Свою нынешнюю спортивную форму он оценил в 75% от оптимальной, а прокат произвольной программы, где сорвал несколько ключевых элементов, назвал неудачным.

С большим интересом публика и специалисты ожидают старта воспитанников Натальи Линичук, чемпионов мира в танцах на льду Оксаны Домниной и Максима Шабалина. То, как последние два сезона партнер мучается от боли в травмированном колене, из-за чего пара снялась с прошлого чемпионата Европы в Хельсинки, а годом раньше пропустила чемпионат мира в Гетеборге, факт общеизвестный. Однако, по признанию Максима Шабалина, и последний реабилитационный курс нынешним летом в Германии, на который он возлагал большие надежды, существенного облегчения ему не принес. С выступления в российский столице начнут сезон и ученики Тамары Москвиной — призеры чемпионата мира 2009 года в парном катании Юко Кавагути и Александр Смирнов. А вот супружескую пару, олимпийских призеров и экс-чемпионов мира из Китая Сю Шэнь и Чжао Хонбо, как и чемпионов Европы в танцах Яну Хохлову и Сергея Новицкого, болельщики увидят только на третьем этапе серии в Пекине.

Президент Федерации фигурного катания Валентин Писеев уже назвал несколько имен фигуристов, которые практически со 100-процентной вероятностью попадут в число 16 участников олимпийской сборной России (по три спортивные пары и танцевальных дуэта и по два одиночника и одиночницы). Так, право выступить в Ванкувере, по его мнению, завоевали Юко Кавагути—Александр Смирнов, Мария Мухортова—Максим Траньков, Оксана Домнина—Максим Шабалин, Яна Хохлова—Сергей Новицкий, Евгений Плющенко и Алена Леонова. Для остальных российских фигуристов стартующая сегодня серия Гран-при станет первым этапом олимпийского отбора, а окончательный состав будет утвержден в конце января, после чемпионата Европы в Таллине.

Валерия Ъ-Миронова

----------------------------------------------------

http://www.gazeta.ru/sport/2009/10/a_3273534.shtml
— 15.10.09 19:33 — ТЕКСТ: Борис Ходоровский (Париж)

Ванкувер начинается в Париже

Престижная серия Гран-при в этом сезоне приобретает гораздо большее значение, чем просто пополнение фигуристами банковского счета. Призовые от ISU не растут, а уменьшаются. В шоу можно заработать гораздо больше.

Только нынешний сезон – олимпийский, и награды Ванкувера манят сегодня даже тех, кто еще пару лет назад, проклиная травмы и судьбу, ушел зарабатывать деньги в шоу и учиться в университеты. На Олимпиаде-2010 собираются выступить не только триумфатор Турина Евгений Плющенко, но и те, кому до высших наград добраться не удавалось иногда даже на двух Олимпиадах – Стефан Ламбиель, Саша Коэн, спортивная пара из Китая Ксю Шен – Хонгбо Джао.

Нельзя сказать, что возвращение дополнительных конкурентов с энтузиазмом воспринято теми, кто освоился на ступеньках пьедестала почета, включая высшую, за последние три года.

В фигурном катании очень важен авторитет, который зарабатывается на протяжении долгих лет. Причем не только завоеванными на соревнованиях медалями, но и прокатами на тренировках под неусыпным оком арбитров и функционеров из авторитетных федераций. В Лиллехаммере на Играх-94, по мнению очень многих специалистов, лучше всех исполнили произвольную программу Наталья Мишкутенок и Артур Дмитриев, но двукратными олимпийскими чемпионами стали Екатерина Гордеева и Сергей Гриньков.

Вот почему такое огромное значение спортсмены и тренеры придают выступлениям на Гран-при в олимпийском сезоне. Именно в этой серии будут проверены задумки и обкатаны программы. Если нужно, внесены коррективы, а то и вовсе подготовлены новые композиции. Так было перед Солт-Лейк-Сити, когда Евгений Плющенко и его тренер Алексей Мишин решили, что с программой «Жизнь артиста» на саундтрек к фильму «Мулен Руж» Алексея Ягудина не обыграешь. В спешном порядке подготовили беспроигрышный вариант – «Кармен». Только и с ним выиграть не удалось.

Свои нынешние программы Плющенко собирается обкатать на этапе Гран-при в Москве, который пройдет на следующей неделе.

Фигуристы из элиты (в этом виде спорта, как и в теннисе, есть свой рейтинг) могут принять участие в двух этапах, но «возвращенцы», не выступавшие на соревнованиях три сезона, только в одном. Организаторы, как и в теннисе, имеют право предоставлять wild card.

Стартует серия в Париже. Это тоже новшество по сравнению с предыдущими сезонами, когда Гран-при начинался двумя североамериканскими этапами, а завершался двумя азиатскими. Сейчас первые старты пройдут в Европе, а в США и Канаде соревнования запланированы в конце ноября. Финал пройдет в начале декабря в Токио.

После двух сезонов, когда лучшие фигуристы по итогам серии собирались на «нейтральном поле», ISU вернулась к практике проведения финалов в одной из стран «большой шестерки».

В Париже, где стартует Гран-при, особого ажиотажа вокруг этого события не наблюдается. Столица Франции – это город, где каждый день происходит что-то интересное, и зазывать японских туристов на Мао Асаду, а немецких – на Алену Савченко и Робина Шолковы нет необходимости. Даже в магазинах, где продается кашемир от титульного спонсора турнира, нет его рекламы.

Хотя первая проба сил на льду обещает быть очень интересной. Француз Бриан Жубер в местной прессе заявил, что совершенно не боится возвращения Плющенко и продемонстрирует во дворце спорта «Берси» тот же, если не лучший, джентльменский набор, что и олимпийский чемпион Турина в Перми. Очень серьезно готовилась к сезону Мао Асада. Ну а имя ее тренера говорит само за себя:

к олимпийским вершинам японку собирается привести Татьяна Тарасова.

Разную тактику избрали специалисты, готовящие к Олимпиаде лучшие спортивные пары мира. Китайцы тренируются в обстановке полной секретности. Лидеры российской сборной Юко Кавагути – Александр Смирнов стартуют на этапе Гран-при в Москве, где из серьезных соперников у них будут только китайцы Кинг Панг – Джиан Тонг. В отличие от Тамары Москвиной, олимпийский чемпион Сараево и тренер олимпийских чемпионов Турина Олег Васильев решил устроить своим ученикам проверку боем.

В Париже Мария Мухортова и Максим Траньков будут соревноваться с двумя парами из группы Инго Штойера.

Хотя украинцев Татьяну Волосожар и Станислава Морозова в качестве претендентов на медали Ванкувера рассматривают только они сами, все же интересно, насколько велик запас прочности российской пары перед вторым дуэтом из группы Штойера. Конечно, в глубине души Васильев рассчитывает «зацепить» первый.

В последние годы преимущество Савченко – Шолковы над конкурентами было подавляющим. Только нынешний сезон особый, олимпийский. И как знать, не дрогнет ли немецкая фигуристка украинского розлива, если хотя бы на одном из этапов почувствует горячее дыхание в спину российских конкурентов? В Париже посмотрим.

Расписание серии Гран-при
16.10 – 18.10. Париж
23.10 – 25.10. Москва
30.10 – 01.11. Пекин
06.11 – 08.11. Нагано
13.11 – 15.11. Лейк-Плэсид
20.11 – 22.11. Китченер
03.12 – 06.12. Финал. Токио.
cekoni
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Мир фигурного катания || Figure Skating