Девушки || Ladies

Другие фигуристы, различные фигурнокатательные мероприятия || Other skaters and events without Evgeni

Re: Девушки одиночницы || Women

Postby cekoni » 03 Dec 2009, 09:29

Kim Yu Na Triple Flip Practice Report - Korea SBS TV
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTlZFXN4qW8

Kim Yu Na Practice Report from Korea's SBS Television
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hj5zshpp89s
cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 06 Dec 2009, 11:10

http://english.donga.com/srv/service.ph ... 9120492138
DECEMBER 04, 2009 09:02

Kim Yu-na Practices More Than Other Competitors

"Eight hours a day, 48 hours a week!”

This is what world figure skating champion Kim Yu-na wrote on her training time in the personal profile she submitted to the International Skating Union before this season started.

She said she spends eight hours a day practicing except Sundays, making no distinction between the season and offseason.

Kim has trained on an ice rink for cricket in Toronto since the end of 2006. She spends four hours a day on the ice and performs fitness training the rest of time.

Even athletes from other countries have expressed surprise over her fervor in training. Miki Ando of Japan and Ashley Wagner of the U.S. practice 28 hours a week, and Kim’s former rival Mao Asada of Japan 23 hours.

There is no correlation between the amount of training time and performance on the ice, yet Kim’s tireless efforts obviously are a major reason for her stellar success.
cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 06 Dec 2009, 11:15

http://www.absoluteskating.com/intervie ... onova.html
By Maria Bagdasarova, Photos © Ivan Daniluk

Alena Leonova: "When I was born, someone gave my mom a horoscope of my life which said that I might become a successful athlete"

Alena Leonova stunned the figure skating world last year when she broke into the senior scene with more than convincing results: she finished fourth at her first European Championships, won the Junior World title and placed eigth in her debut at senior Worlds. This year, with the bronze medal at the Rostelecom Cup and silver medal at the NHK Trophy, Alena has become the first Russian lady since 2005 to qualify for the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final which starts on the third of December in Tokyo, Japan. Absolute Skating had the chance to talk to cheerful Alena in Moscow after she won her maiden senior medal at the Rostelecom Cup.

- You had quite a successful start to the season with a win at Finlandia Trophy and a bronze medal here in Moscow, at the Rostelecom Cup. What do you think about your results?
- Yes, I started the season quite well, but still there is big room for improvement. I made mistakes both in Moscow and in Vantaa. The short program went better here at the Rostelecom compared to Finlandia, but in my free skate I made some really grave errors. I missed my triple toe loop – triple toe loop combination which I land successfully enough in practice. I need to work a lot on spins and spirals and not focus only on the jumps. But I’m happy I received a level three for my step sequences.

- How long have you been practicing the triple–triple combination?
- I’ve been practicing it since 2008. I started learning it when I became confident and consistent with solo triple jumps. Last season, I was injured and couldn’t practice the combination properly. I had other things I needed to concentrate on, such as the triple Lutz, which I had problems with. I put off practicing this element until the end of the season with the hope that I could include it in my programs this year. I’ve been landing it at practice since last summer and I hope to bring it into competition soon.

- Could you please tell us about your programs this year?
- The idea of the short program came from Tatiana Anatolievna Tarasova who believed that the image of a strong Russian woman (‘Barynia’) would suit me well. I really enjoyed working with Tatiana Anatolievna on the choreography of my short program; she’s very energetic and cheerful. She taught me a lot of small things which I had never paid attention to. She showed me when I need to hide my emotions and when to express them to ‘play’ with the audience and the judges.
My free program was choreographed by Detroit-based Olga Volozhinskaia. I met her at a camp before the World Championships in Los Angeles last year where we decided to work together. Olga saw the heroine from the Chicago musical in me. She emailed the music to me and it appealed to my taste. It took us only three hours to choreograph this program because we were full of inspiration.

- After the break-through you made last season, you can be deservingly called the leader of the Russian ladies figure skating. What do you think about yourself in this role?
- I’m obviously very pleased, but it’s very hard as well because there’s now a huge responsibility on me, on my coach and choreographer. We try not to think about it. There are also other girls whose outings may not be that successful, but sometimes at practices they skate even better than me. Everyone has a chance; it’s all about how you use it.

- What goals did you set for yourself this year considering it’s an Olympic season?
- First of all, I need to gain a spot on the National team and have a good outing at the Russian Nationals. Last year, I finished fourth at the European Championships, so this year I have to fight for a place on the podium at this competition. I believe it’s a realistic plan. I have already competed against some of my main rivals this season and have even been placed ahead of some. I know their programs and elements and think I can compete with them. As for the Olympics and Worlds, I would love to make the top six.

- May you please tell us about your coach Alla Piatova?
- Alla Yakovlevna obviously loves her job very much, is very hard-working, and puts all of her energy into teaching her students. She’s very good at explaining technical things – you immediately understand what you’ve done wrong. I can’t say she’s too hard on me, but she definitely is very exacting.

- How did you start skating?
- My mom brought me to the skating rink at the age of four. I was coached by Marina Vakhrameeva, but then moved to the group of Tatiana Mishina where Alla Piatova worked as an assistant. Then when I was ten, Alla Yakovlevna formed her own group which consisted of three other girls and me, and at that moment the practices became serious.

- When did you understand that figure skating might take the leading role in your life?
- Well, I’ll tell you a secret. When I was born, someone gave my mom a horoscope of my life which said that I might become a successful athlete, and because of that my mom always encouraged me in my skating. My coach always told me that I’ve got a chance to achieve good results in this sport and need to just work hard.

- Did you have any role models in figure skating when you were a child and do you have them now?
- When I was a child, I watched and liked everyone, and particularly supported Evgeni Plushenko. When I started competing at the international level, I had the chance to follow Japanese ladies, whose skating styles really appeal to me. Later, people began to compare me with Irina Slutskaya. That made me eager to re-watch her performances. Probably, we do have some similarities. As for today’s skating, I watched videos from last week’s Trophee Eric Bompard and must say that Yu-Na Kim is very strong.

- Jumps put aside, where does the main emphasis lie in your training now and what do you think you need to improve to come closer to the top world ladies in the world?
- During the summer, I worked a lot on my basic skating skills with Viktor Kudriavtsev and already received positive feedback on my improvement in this department. I also need to improve my spins and I need to work on my flexibility to be able to show better lines.

- What are you off-ice interests?
- I enjoy dancing, especially with my friends, and whenever there’s a disco after the competition, I’m there. I also listen to contemporary music, like Pussycat Dolls and Rhianna, and like going out to see new movies or theatrical performances.

cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 10 Dec 2009, 09:45

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/sp ... 56828.html

Kim Yu-na Asking Her Fans to Tone It Down

Figure skating star Kim Yu-na has one of the largest and most exuberant fan bases among sports celebrities in South Korea.
The 19-year-old has always received an enthusiastic boost from her domestic aficionados.
But now, Kim is asking her fans to tone it down a bit, at least while she's competing and says she understands why some Korean athletes don't like competing on home soil.

"Ahead of the Vancouver Winter Olympics, I experienced three big events in the past year. They included both my best and worst performances. (The best moment was when) I won the world champion title,'' Kim told reporters Sunday in Tokyo.

She triumphed at the World Championships in Los Angeles in March and also claimed her third World Grand Prix Final title Saturday in Japan.

"(My toughest event was) last season' Grand Prix Final held in Goyang (Gyeonggi Province.)''

Kim scored 186.35 total, failing to win her third straight title at the competition, placing second to winner Mao Asada of Japan.

She added: "I was concerned because it was my first international contest in Korea. Especially, I was confused when I saw the way the audience reacted and the way they behaved. Just before I was about to jump, I could still hear them making noise. During the six-minute warm-up, I just wanted it to end, it was too much. So I thought about withdrawing."

Before Kim emerged as a world-class figure skater, there were few competitive skaters from Korea and interest in the sport here was low. Now, she's a star with hordes of fans. But she says she does not get an advantage from competing on home soil ― quite the opposite, in fact.

"I agree with weightlifter (Jang Mi-ran) who said 'I hope Korea does not host the World Championships again.'"

After claiming her fourth straight world title last month in Goyang, Jang said competing at home put far too much pressure on her.

"Those who are not familiar with figure skating sometimes clap at the wrong time, which makes me perplexed. Figure skating is a spectator sport, but not one that needs much cheering. If they continue rooting for me like that, how can they watch my performance? I want them to focus on me", she said.

Kim has had a brilliant career since joining the senior ranks in 2006. She has won all the major events she has competed in ― the World Championships, Grand Prix Final and Four Continents Championships ― at least once.
All that's left for her to accomplish is a gold medal at the Winter Olympics.
She is seen as the clear favorite to win in Vancouver in February.
She would become the first South Korean athlete to win a gold medal in a sport other than short track speed skating.

Kim said: "It is kind of tough to maintain my conditioning. Above all, I want to make sure I'm in good shape to compete. Whenever I perform well in a competition, I say to myself 'this should have been the Olympics,'" she added with a laugh.
"I really want to see the words 'Kim Olympic Champion' in the news."
cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 29 Dec 2009, 09:21

http://www.sports.ru/others/figure-skat ... 89897.html

Ксения Макарова: «Примерно год назад я сломала правую ногу»

Чемпионка России-2009 Ксения Макарова призналась, что жалеет о падении в произвольной программе во время одного из прыжков.

«Жаль, что не получилось выиграть красиво, но в следующий раз обязательно получится», – сказала Макарова.

Она также признала, что ее победа стала неожиданностью для многих, так как на российских соревнованиях она выступает впервые, и ее имя не было на слуху у любителей фигурного катания.

«Я ведь живу в Америке, поэтому это сюрприз для всех», – сказала Макарова.

Также спортсменка рассказала о тяжелой травме, с которой ей пришлось справиться в прошлом году.

«Примерно год назад я сломала правую ногу, очень долго восстанавливалась – полгода. Не ходила больше месяца. Потом вышла на лед и поначалу очень боялась прыгать, боялась опять сломать ногу. Но все сейчас хорошо, стараюсь не вспоминать об этом», – приводит слова Макаровой РИА Новости.

------------------------------------------------------

http://www.allsportinfo.ru/archive.php?id=35286
27.12.2009 - Фигурное катание - Чемпионат России по фигурному катанию-2009

Олег Макаров: если сын станет хорошим пловцом, выступать тоже будет только за Россию – как и Ксюша

25 декабря на чемпионате России по фигурному катанию в Санкт-Петербурге золото в женском одиночном катании выиграла дебютантка – проживающая в США 17-летняя Ксения Макарова. О карьере спортсменки специальному корреспонденту Агентства спортивной информации "Весь спорт" рассказал ее отец и тренер Олег Макаров - знаменитый советский фигурист 80-х годов, двукратный чемпион Европы, призер Олимпиады-84 в парном катании вместе с Ларисой Селезневой.

- Олег, ожидали, что дочь с первого же раза выступит так успешно?
- Честно – нет. Конечно, рассчитывали и настраивали Ксюшу на серьезную борьбу, но чтобы сразу первое место... Слава богу, что все так сложилось.

- Кто, кроме вас и многолетней партнерши и жены Ларисы Селезневой, составляет "команду Ксении Макаровой"?
- Это хореограф Нина Петренко – жена олимпийского чемпиона-92 Виктора Петренко. Также нам помогают сам Витя и его тренер Галина Яковлевна Змиевская, воспитавшая уже двух олимпийских чемпионов в одиночном катании.

- Тяжело было резко переходить с юниорских вариантов программы на взрослые?
- Да, вы правы юниорский вариант меньше и по времени, и по количеству и качеству элементов. Но мы одновременно готовили обе вариации, так что проблем не возникло.

- Судя по всему, теперь вашей дочери открыта дорога и на чемпионат Европы, и на Олимпийские игры?
- Да, я надеюсь, что мы туда попадем (улыбается).

- Готовиться к чемпионату Европы будете дома, в США – или все-таки в России, чтобы избежать трудностей акклиматизации?
- Акклиматизация – не проблема для нас. В этом сезоне мы уже приезжали из дома на юниорский этап Гран-при в Белоруссию и на финал юниорского Гран-при в Японию. Оба раза для полной акклиматизации хватило четырех дней. Думаю, что нам все-таки удобнее готовится в родной обстановке. Раз это работает, зачем менять? Уже 28 декабря возвращаемся в Америку и приступаем к целенаправленной подготовке.

- Как и когда Ксюша встала на коньки?
- В восемь лет.

- Поздновато.
- Раньше она просто не хотела, а мы с женой и не заставляли. Если есть что-то внутри, это все равно проявится. Я вот младшего сына, ему сейчас восемь, поставил на коньки, он покатался два-три дня и сказал: "Папа, мне надоело. Тут холодно. Давай пойдем в другое место". И сейчас он занимается плаванием, делает успехи в мальчуковой команде штата Нью-Йорк.

- Но выступать, если что, тоже будет за Россию - как и Ксения?
- Конечно, это не обсуждается. Мы же россияне!

- А дочери не предлагали выступать за США?
- Она выступала за американскую сборную по юниорам. Но мы с Ларисой - патриоты. Подумали и решили, что русские люди должны выступать за свою страну. Я позвонил в Россию, и компетентные люди пообещали содействие в этом вопросе.

- Очень помогли?
- Ну, как видите, Ксюша выступила на чемпионате России и, видимо, будет включена в сборную. Я очень благодарен, что нам не просто не отказали, а помогли и костюмами, и инвентарем, и льдом. Огромное спасибо Академии фигурного катания в Санкт-Петербурге и директору Татьяне Меньшиковой. Я сделал лишь один звонок, и в дальнейшем все проблемы решали без нашего участия. Признаться, не ожидал такого великолепного отношения. Спасибо всем!
cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 29 Dec 2009, 10:18

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...0335/-1/SITEMAP

One step from the Olympics
NFA student wins Russian national title

Newburgh may produce the next Olympian.

Ksenia Makarova, a student at Newburgh Free Academy, joined a pantheon of great champions when she captured the ladies' figure skating title at the Russian national championships on Christmas in Saint Petersburg.

Makarova, who turned 17 last Sunday, won the short program on Christmas Eve and finished third in the freestyle program on Friday, giving her just enough points (178.90) to finish ahead of Alena Leonova (175.89) and Yelizaveta Tuktamysheva (173.53).

Makarova still has to perform well at next month's European championships in order to earn one of two berths for Russian skaters at the Vancouver Olympics. World Juniors champ Alena Leonova, the silver medalist this week, is all but assured for one spot. The European championships will be held in Estonia from Jan. 19-24. The Olympic ladies' figure skating event will be held Feb. 23 and 25 in Vancouver.

Makarova was ranked 32nd in the world before this week,

"I really want to go to the Europeans and skate two clean programs," Makarova told the Web site Golden Skate. "I hope it will be enough to qualify for the Olympics, because I would love to skate in Vancouver."

In the freestyle skate, Makarova was successful with a triple toe loop-triple toe loop combination, earning a three-point bonus that proved the difference. Makarova fell on her triple flip and came up short on a triple loop but followed with two triple Salchows. She appeared to lose her balance coming out of one spin combination and touched the ice with her hand but was error-free the rest of the way in her 4-minute, 10-second routine.

During her short program, Makarova under-rotated her second triple toe loop but she received strong artistic scores.

"For me it is also the first National championship and I am pleased to skate so well," Makarova said. "I skated pretty well, but I was so tired, maybe because it was my debut. You always can perform some elements better, but I think it was my best performance in this season. At the most important moment, too."

Makarova is the daughter of Oleg Makarov and Larisa Selezneva, who have instructed skaters with the Hudson Valley Figure Skating Club at Ice Time Sports Complex in Newburgh. Makarov and Selezneva, who competed for the Soviet Union, won the bronze medal at the 1984 Olympics in Sarajevo, Yugoslavia, and placed fourth at the 1988 Olympics in Calgary, Canada. The couple won six national titles, the World Junior Championships in 1980 and 1981 and the European Championships in 1987 and 1989. They placed third at the 1988 World Championships.

Makarova was 8 years old when her parents moved to the United States. She competed as a novice for the U.S. in 2006-07, winning the North Atlantic regional, placing second at Eastern Sectionals and seventh at the U.S. Championships. She placed fourth at the Russian Junior Championships in 2007-08 and fifth in 2008-09. Also in 2008-09, Makarova placed fourth in junior events in Madrid, Spain, and Sheffield, England.

She has enjoyed a successful 2009-10 season on the Junior Grand Prix circuit. Makarova placed second at the US event in Lake Placid (fourth in short program, second in free skate), third in Minsk, Belarus (second in short, third in free), and fourth at the Grand Prix final in Tokyo. She won her first senior-level event in Nice, France, winning the short and free skates.

Makarova skates to "Ladies in Lavender" by Nigel Hess in her short program and "The 13th Warrior" by Jerry Goldsmith in the free skate. In addition to her parents' coaching, she receives work from famed Russian coach Galina Zmievskaya — who coached Olympic champions Viktor Petrenko and Oksana Baiul — and American skater Johnny Weir in New Jersey.

"Ksusha, as we call her, is my training partner and buddy," Weir wrote on his Web site. "We push each other through our practices and help each other off the ice. "» She has a good chance of winning Russia's second spot for the Olympic Games."

"They help me a lot," Makarova said of Zmievskaya and Weir. "They teach me how to skate better and how to present myself better."

Makarova placed third in the short program and fourth in the free skate and overall in the junior division at the ISU Grand Prix Final of Figure Skating in Tokyo three weeks ago.

"It wasn't my best skate, but it was all right overall," Makarova said following the long program. "I was trying to fight myself — not other skaters — and couldn't beat myself the way I wanted to, but it was all right. The most valuable thing that I learned from this competition was to calm down and relax in a competition."
cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 29 Dec 2009, 23:38

http://www.rg.ru/2009/12/29/sharapova.html
"Российская газета" - Федеральный выпуск №5076 (252) от 29 декабря 2009 г., Николай Долгополов

Шарапова - только на коньках
Чемпионка России Ксения Макарова вот уже семь лет постоянно живет в США

Ксения - фигуристка во втором поколении. Ее родители Олег Макаров и Лариса Селезнева были во второй половине 80-х чемпионами Европы в парном катании.

Российская газета: Ксения, как ты все-таки оказалась в США?
Ксения Макарова: Папа и мама уехали в Штаты в 2002-м, открыли там свою школу и меня семилетнюю тоже поставили на коньки.

РГ: И ты с такими генами сразу поехала и покатила.
Макарова: Я сразу упала и больно, сказала папе, что кататься никогда не буду. И только потом, через год, родители уговорили встать на коньки. Мы втроем решили: катаюсь просто так, для здоровья. Я серьезно занимаюсь в школе, сейчас уже в 11-м, класс с математическим уклоном, в школу осталось ходить год. Учусь, если переводить американские оценки на наши, только на четыре с плюсом.

РГ: А как же ты успеваешь тренироваться?
Макарова: Меня тренировали родители. И чтобы не отпугнуть, не особенно налегали на прыжки. Все шло, как это по-русски, само собой? Так? И вдруг я стала выигрывать многие соревнования. Пришлось заниматься тренировками. Встаю рано, и в 6 утра, до школы, - на каток к папе и маме. Потом бегу учиться, потом - каток. Мне трудно, но я решила быть настоящей спортсменкой.

РГ: Сейчас тебя тренируют известные тренеры Галина Змиевская и олимпийский чемпион Виктор Петренко.
Макарова: Папа и мама решили, что они дали мне все, что могли. А со Змиевской и Виктором и у меня может получиться, как это, новый вызов, да?

РГ: Ксения, дома вы говорите по-русски?
Макарова: Только, только. Но в школе и везде, где друзья, а их у меня много, по-английски. Здесь, дома, я поняла и даже сказала маме: у меня еще мал запас русских слов.

РГ: Но ты теперь точно попала с сборную страны, будешь общаться со своими и слов станет больше. А как ты решила выступать за Россию? Ведь наверняка предлагали и за Штаты?
Макарова: Это правда. Такое было. Но нет, я русская, выступаю только за Россию, за мой город - Петербург...

РГ: Тебя так и объявляют: Макарова, Санкт-Петербург.
Макарова: Это моя родина. Здесь дедушка, бабушка, каждый год сюда приезжаем. Тут моя родина.

РГ: А американские друзья это твое решение кататься за Россию одобряют?
Макарова: Не все, нет, не все. У меня много фанов, особенно из моей школы, иногда теперь ездят за мной на соревнования за сотни километров. Но я им все объяснила.

РГ: Скажи честно, ты надеялась выиграть в "Юбилейном"?
Макарова: Если сказать "надеялась", то это будет неправдой. Но я очень хотела. Это мой первый взрослый чемпионат, мне на днях стало 17. Я за Россию каталась в этом году как джуниор.

РГ: Ты была третьей на мировом этапе юниорского Гран-при.
Макарова: Именно, именно. А потом я выиграла на взрослом турнире в Ницце. Но здесь мой самый первый большой взрослый чемпионат - Алена Леонова, Катарина Гербольдт... Но мне в моем городе было хорошо.

РГ: Ты отлично сделала каскад из двух тройных и получила бонус. Плюс каталась с улыбкой.
Макарова: Это так. Это две школы фигурного катания соединились вместе - наша и американская. А в США все улыбаются, я упала в произвольной и все равно хранила улыбку. Папа тоже не ожидал, что мне дадут первое место. Спасибо, судьи были очень честные, их не смутило ничего. Я - новичок, так? Но дали.

РГ: Ты точно поедешь в Таллин на первенство Европы. Потом, видимо, Ванкувер. Будут тренировочные сборы.
Макарова: Не надо сборы. Не надо акклиматизации. Я буду готовиться, где живу. И я люблю новые города. Я буду в своей сборной. А в Ванкувере у меня много, как это, ну...

РГ: Болельщиков?
Макарова: Вот, вот. И многие ребята из моей школы тоже обязательно приедут меня поддерживать.
cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 06 Jan 2010, 08:45

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6040...type=sportsNews
Mon Jan 4, 2010 10:12pm EST (Writing by Steve Keating in Toronto; editing by Greg Stutchbury)

Cohen wildcard in U.S. Olympic skating picture

VANCOUVER (Reuters) - Sasha Cohen will play the wildcard at the U.S. figure skating championships this month when she returns to competition after three years in a bid to earn selection for the Vancouver Olympics.

Cohen, a silver medalist at the Turin Winter Games, has not skated competitively since a third place at the 2006 world championships and has seen her return stalled by tendonitis in her right calf.

The injury forced her to withdraw from Grand Prix events in Paris and Lake Placid leaving her without any warm-up events heading into the U.S. nationals from January 15-23 in Spokane, Washington.

The lack of competition has caused some of Cohen's fellow skaters to wonder if the 25-year-old will follow through on her comeback.

"I'm skeptical, I don't know about anyone else," said Ashley Wagner, who will be battling for one of the two women's spots in the U.S. team for Vancouver.

"I think it would be very hard to have your first competition be nationals but I am not counting her out.

"I don't think she will show up unprepared ... she's extremely talented and I don't think anyone would want to get themselves into that unless they were ready to go for it.

"It might make things more difficult but then again all the top girls right now have been competing under the new scoring system for some time.

"We have experience with it and I think that will work in our favor.

"But she's still part of the equation; if she's there she's there. If she's not she's not.

U.S. figure skating told Reuters there was no reason not to expect Cohen would be in Spokane.

The U.S. have been limited to just two spots in the women's competition because of poor results at last year's world championships and competition is expected to be fierce.

Alissa Czisny, 22, will be back to defend her crown from 16-year-old challengers Mirai Nagasu, the 2008 national champion and Caroline Zhang, the 2007 junior world champion.

Rachel Flatt, the runner-up at the last two nationals, Emily Hughes, sister of 2002 Olympic champion Sarah Hughes and Cohen also rank high among the contenders.

"Nationals are huge, it decides whether or not we go to the Olympics, it's basically deciding whether your dreams come true or not," Wagner said during a conference call on Monday.

"If Sasha does show up than that is just another factor we will have to add into the equation.

"The only think I can really do is focus on myself and skate as best as I can."

------------------------------------------

http://littlesewnsews.com/blog/2010/01/05/sashkeptical/
January 5, 2010 at 9:30 am · Filed under US Nationals

Am I the only skeptical one?

So, according to Reuters, Sasha Cohen will be competing at Nationals. Yesterday, Ashley Wagner told FS Online that she believes that if Sasha competes, she’ll be ready. My tweeted response was “Ashley is nice”.

Seriously, am I the only skeptical one?

So, Sasha, who hasn’t competed in three years, is going to waltz in on her well-appointed blades to nationals, without testing out those programs, without paying her season’s dues, and we’re all supposed to sit up and take notice? And all of those young women who have trained, competed and traveled within the system are supposed to take her seriously as a rival?

I am not saying that Cohen hasn’t been training. I’m sure she has. But when there’s a comeback, I like the respectful manner in which other (and incidentally, more successful) athletes – Plushenko, Shen/Zhao, have done it. I think that trusting and respecting the process is important. I think Sasha owed it to the USFSA to not just show up, untested, at Nationals. Let’s face it — they want her there for ratings. NBC would like her at the Olympics for the same reason. But if she’s going to mop up the ice with her rear end, she’s not going to be any good to anyone.

No, many of the US ladies don’t have the compelling personalities that Sasha has. But if she can’t back it up with good programs then really, where does that put us?

As THE FS FAN, what do I want? I want a respectable level of OOOOO success for an American lady for the simple reason that FS TV coverage in the US could really use the boost. Yes, our men and dance teams are very, very promising. But the American public responds to the American Ice Princess. So, we desperately need success in that arena. But if Sasha just comes out and Kimplodes, then what’s the point?
cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 06 Jan 2010, 09:04

http://www.sports.ru/others/figure-skat ... xt=rambler
5 января 18:59

Коэн выступит в чемпионате США

Американская фигуристка Саша Коэн выступит в чемпионате страны, чтобы отобраться на Олимпийские игры-2010.

Для Коэн эти соревнования станут первыми после более чем трехлетнего перерыва. На Играх в Турине она выиграла серебро. Из-за травмы сухожилия на правой ноге 25-летняя Коэн пропустила в начале сезона этапы Гран-при в Париже и Лейк-Плэсиде.

Представитель федерации фигурного катания США сказал, что нет причин, по которым Коэн могла бы пропустить соревнования, сообщает Reuters.

На турнире определятся две фигуристки, которые затем выступят в Ванкувере. Среди соперниц Коэн будут действующая чемпионка страны Алисса Чисни, Мираи Нагасу, Каролин Чжан, Рейчел Флатт, Эшли Вагнер и другие спортсменки.

Чемпионат США пройдет 15-23 января в Спокане (штат, Вашингтон).
cekoni
Administrator

Postby Scarlett » 23 Jan 2010, 13:24

Ксения Макарова: "Хочется в итоге дотянуться до "тройки"
22.01.2010 22:35 | Sports.ru

Российская фигуристка Ксения Макарова рассказала об ошибке в короткой программе на чемпионате Европы.

"Вместо тройного флипа сделала двойной. При заходе на прыжок думала о нем, а этого нельзя делать – нужно прыгать и выезжать. На раскатке перед выступлением он у меня получился, потому что тогда не думала. Хочется в итоге до "тройки" дотянуться. Думаю, это возможно, надо просто без ошибок откатать произвольную программу", – считает чемпионка России-2009.

Макарова сообщила, что в ее планах есть исполнение тройного лутца.

"Пока мы не вставили лутц, хотя я его хорошо делаю. Но в программу его еще не "вкатала". Делать без музыки – это одно, а с музыкой – совсем другое. Не знаю, успеем ли это сделать до Олимпиады", – сказала Макарова.

Отец и тренер спортсменки Олег Макаров считает ошибка стоила шести баллов.

"Если бы не эта ошибка, то набрали бы баллов 60. Обидно, что на раскатке она все сделала, а в программе не получилось. У нас идеи есть кое-что добавить, усложнить. Посмотрим по утренней тренировке, как она себя будет чувствовать", – приводит слова Олега Макарова РИА Новости.

Алена Леонова: "Надо работать, чтобы больше не делать таких глупых ошибок"

22.01.2010 22:00 | Sports.ru

Российская фигуристка Алена Леонова рассказала о падении в короткой программе на чемпионате Европы и призналась, что хочет попасть в призеры.

"Не знаю, как получилось, что я упала. Думала, сделаю второй прыжок с маленькой помаркой, перескок или еще что-то, и вдруг упала. Но не расстроилась, потому что впереди было еще много элементов.

Надо работать, чтобы больше не делать таких глупых ошибок. Это была не просто ошибка, а именно глупая ошибка. Завтра постараюсь сделать каскад чисто.

Намерена побороться за "тройку". В прошлом году была четвертой, и нельзя сдавать позиции", – приводит слова Леоновой РИА Новости

http://sport.rambler.ru/news/figureskat ... 10680.html

Удачи сегодня девушкам :bra_vo:
http://translate.google.com/?hl=ru
Женя:" Очень хочется добра от людей, просто нереально хочется..."
Scarlett
Администратор

PreviousNext

Return to Мир фигурного катания || Figure Skating