Мужчины || Men

Другие фигуристы, различные фигурнокатательные мероприятия || Other skaters and events without Evgeni

Re: Мужчины || Men

Postby clairdelalune » 01 Nov 2012, 19:46

cekoni wrote:http://skatebuzz.com/ViewNewsArticle.aspx?id=83faeb14-77ba-46c7-83de-81b7310e26f8

Rest of men's figure skating field may be catching up to Patrick Chan
Oct 28, 2012 By THE CANADIAN PRESS

``All these guys, not just Javier, they are all figuring out what it is they need to beat him,'' Orser said. ``And it's not just the quads but it's the skating skills, it's the program and the packaging _ everything. Everyone is kind of getting it.

;;-))) ;;-))) ;;-))) He suggests that Javier or Hanyu have Chan´s SS?????? LOL!!!

ImageImage
clairdelalune

Postby cekoni » 02 Nov 2012, 01:12

clairdelalune wrote:
.... And it's not just the quads but it's the skating skills, it's the program and the packaging _ everything. Everyone is kind of getting it.

;;-))) ;;-))) ;;-))) He suggests that Javier or Hanyu have Chan´s SS?????? LOL!!!

Problem is that current IJS are made and adjusted to Chan's SS :kli_ny: :ps_ih:
cekoni
Administrator

Postby clairdelalune » 02 Nov 2012, 11:50

cekoni wrote:
clairdelalune wrote:
.... And it's not just the quads but it's the skating skills, it's the program and the packaging _ everything. Everyone is kind of getting it.

Problem is that current IJS are made and adjusted to Chan's SS :kli_ny: :ps_ih:

Chan was 10 y.o. when IJS was created. He was just lucky to have a very good coach (an 80 years old guy, by the way) which saw his potential and trained him in the classical Canadian way. Browning and Buttle also have strong SS.
I think Piseev explained everything very well in this interview, translated on FSU:

VM: But at the recent competition in Japan, the two-time World champion Patrick Chan finished only in sixth place. How did that happen?

VP: Due to the fact that he terminated the cooperation with his former coach Christy Krall. He could not cope with her strictness and her demands. But if in the past judges had forgiven him even the falls for his great basic skating, in Japan, it seems, he did not perform quite to his level. Chan's phenomenon, it's his stroking and the ability to do the jumps without long entries. He is compared to the famous ice dancers Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean for his talent to intricate elements and steps, and I think skating at home he has a good chance to become a champion once again.

VM: Don't our coaches possess such methods?

VP: Figure skating requires primarily skating skills that should be taught from childhood. And our coaches sometimes dress it up for parents with jumps and spins. Skating becomes secondary. That is why we have introduced into the classification program stroking tests system developed by the famous coach Victor Kudryavtsev. Now athletes are not allowed to skate in competitions without passing these tests.

VM: So, it seems that senior skaters who were not taught the right way are the lost generation?

VP: If you didn't learn it in childhood, try harder now. Plushenko, for example, has better skating skills, others – worse. Presentation is one thing, but judges are looking for something else. Look at Hanyu's skating - superb! Now we have seminars for coaches after each stage of the Russian Cup. If colleagues attended Nikolai Morozov's practices (the coach of ice dancers Elena Ilinykh and Nikita Katsalapov and World silver medalist Alena Leonova. - "Ъ") more often, they would benefit a great deal. But there aren't many people who want to learn Everyone feels great in his little corner. And for coaches like Stanislav Zhuk, Igor Moskvin, or Edward Pliner to appear, it takes time. But now there are innovators among young coaches. For example, Eteri Tutberidze and Inna Goncharenko.
ImageImage
clairdelalune

Postby lovplush » 03 Nov 2012, 01:45

clairdelalune wrote:
Chan was 10 y.o. when IJS was created. He was just lucky to have a very good coach (an 80 years old guy, by the way) which saw his potential and trained him in the classical Canadian way. Browning and Buttle also have strong SS.

I think it is really going for the Canadian way. I mean OK I can understand that jumps are not everything for FS, but SS is also only one part of FS. It is nice to award people whose SS is great but if his other components are strong, he should be punished for that. I mean not only TES points but also PCS.

But I agree that Hanyu and Javier are still not at Chen's level if Chen got his jumps nailed.

But of course a lot of people would prefer falling multiple time for the supreme skating skills over a clean program with less good SS:-)
Plushenko Chinese Fans Club: http://www.plushycnfanclub.org/

These users thanked the author lovplush for the post (total 3):
lala630312 (06 Nov 2012, 00:49) • whitebamboo (03 Nov 2012, 19:26) • Phrazey (03 Nov 2012, 05:45)
Rating: 12.5%

lovplush

Postby clairdelalune » 05 Nov 2012, 17:39

lovplush wrote:
clairdelalune wrote:

I think it is really going for the Canadian way. I mean OK I can understand that jumps are not everything for FS, but SS is also only one part of FS. It is nice to award people whose SS is great but if his other components are strong, he should be punished for that. I mean not only TES points but also PCS.

But I agree that Hanyu and Javier are still not at Chen's level if Chen got his jumps nailed.

But of course a lot of people would prefer falling multiple time for the supreme skating skills over a clean program with less good SS:-)

I don't understand why some Canadians think jumps are not important since the first skated who landed a quad was Canadian (Browning) and the first who landed a quad combination was Canadian too (Stojko). :kli_ny: :plush38: Chan has to find a good technical coach not a dance teacher or whatever. Until then he'll probably lose to Javier or other skaters if they go clean, which would be the right outcome.
ImageImage

These users thanked the author clairdelalune for the post:
lala630312 (06 Nov 2012, 00:49)
Rating: 4.17%

clairdelalune

Postby cekoni » 13 Nov 2012, 16:09

Johnny Weir (USA) on his injury at Rostelecom Cup 2012 :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ubbVdZfQM8

cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 15 Nov 2012, 01:56

http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/6043.html

Алексей Мишин: подготовка к сезону оказалась смазанной

Своим впечатлением от выступления Артура Гачинского со специальным корреспондентом портала TEAM RUSSIA-2014 Ольгой Ермолиной поделился его знаменитый тренер Алексей Мишин.

"Подготовка к этому сезону оказалась смазанной, – признался Алексей Мишин. – Артур сдавал экзамены в этом году, и не совсем удачно. Со второго захода сдал ЕГЭ. Потом пропустил весь подготовительный период. У нас не было летнего сбора, да и другие вещи внесли некоторую сумятицу в его состояние. Но это наша тайна, о которой я бы не хотел говорить.

Понятно, что сейчас Артур не в оптимальных кондициях. Вчера во время тренировки у него настолько сильно отекли ноги, что пришлось прерваться и на время снять коньки. У него и сегодня во время проката отекли стопы. Артур, как вы видели, даже не остановился в микст-зоне, отправился в раздевалку, чтобы расшнуровать обувь".

"В общем, если подытоживать все сказанное, то сейчас фигурист просто не готов делать чисто четверной, – продолжил. Мишин. – Это не случайность. Он просто не готов. А так парень неплохой. Красивый. Но это я шучу. На самом деле, его нынешнее физическое состояние не дает возможности нормально потренироваться. Если бы я четко знал причину такого состояния, то дал бы четкий ответ".
cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 15 Nov 2012, 02:05

Denis Ten
about an hour ago ·
https://www.facebook.com/ten.denis/posts/4855440233533

Hi everyone! I would like to thank all of you for an incredible support throughout the Grand-Prix series! Of course it could have gone better but I've earned a huge experience going through some adventures at this time :)
Frankly saying, I got my ankle injured practicing quad toe too much just a day before leaving to Windsor. And since then jumping any toeloops became a nightmare for me.
Staying in Toronto after Skate Canada I got a chance to work with a sport therapist and according to his diagnose I needed to stop any activities for 3 weeks.
I had a long discussion with my coaches afterwards, we were trying to find out whether I want/need to compete at Rostelecom Cup with injury and without proper trainings or not. Personally I just don't like withdrawing... There were many times when I had to compete being injured. And so we decided to go to Russia to see what we can do.

I wouldn't say that I was very-very disappointed after my short program. Mostly no one knows but right after the 6 min warm-up I realized that my left blade completely came off the boot. I was lucky to be skating last in a group and have some time to fix the skate but unfortunately I was unable to do it. The sole of my boot was damaged and wouldn't hold the blade anymore. I tried a few ways to tighten up the screws but all of them were done unsuccessfully. Going to compete and having right ankle injured & left blade unstable - I didn't know what to expect. Honestly I was just hoping not to break my skate. I'm glad it didn't happen.

I do not regret about my decision to compete even though I had problems at both of my grand-prix. What happened to me - could happen to any of us and as you know professional sport is traumatic and it's something every athlete accepts as a part of our sport-life. I positively look forward to get back on ice soon and be much better at all of the upcoming events.

Once again, thank you for support. And also thank you for your reviews of my programs. I truly love the concept of 2 programs being connected and I am very pleased if you enjoy them even though there are still many things to work on.

I just arrived in Kazakhstan to have my foot examined and finally see my family after 5 months of being away.
Wishing you lots of luck and love. Stay Healthy! and Warm. This winter can be cold. :)
See you soon!
Denis
cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 15 Nov 2012, 17:36

Джонни Вейр: «Я нормальный человек, а не «страшный черт»:
http://www.sports.ru/tribuna/blogs/allresp/387663.html
cekoni
Administrator

Postby Kudryavka » 17 Nov 2012, 20:55

No competition for Lysacek before nationals

By Philip Hersh, Tribune reporter
5:04 p.m. CST, November 16, 2012

Evan Lysacek’s return to competition will not come before January's U.S. Championships, and his appearance there presumes enough of a recovery from a groin injury sustained 2 1/2 months ago to skate full programs.

After withdrawing from Skate America in late October because of the injury, the reigning Olympic champion said he hoped to do one international competition before nationals both to get world ranking points and the necessary qualifying score for events like the World Championships and Four Continents Championship.

The competition under consideration was Golden Spin of Zagreb Dec. 13-16, but Lysacek’s agent, Shep Goldberg, said in a text message Friday the skater would not be going there.

Lysacek did skate in a cancer benefit show Wednesday night in Charlotte, N.C. It will air Nov. 25 on CBS.

Lysacek, who has not competed since winning the 2010 Olympics, did not respond to text messages sent to him seeking comment.

Scott Hamilton, who also skated in the North Carolina show, said the injury clearly was giving Lysacek considerable problems even though he did some jumps.

"He was in a great deal of pain and very limited," Hamilton said. "But he had made a commitment to do the show, and he kept it."

Copyright © 2012, Chicago Tribune

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/br ... 8104.story
He didn't compete for three years, but as soon as I saw him, I knew that there was a true Olympic Champion on the ice. - Takahiko Kozuka, Rostelecom Cup 2009
Kudryavka

PreviousNext

Return to Мир фигурного катания || Figure Skating