ISU Гран При сезон 2010/11|| ISU Gran Prix series 2010/11

Другие фигуристы, различные фигурнокатательные мероприятия || Other skaters and events without Evgeni

Re: ISU Гран При сезон 2010/11|| ISU Gran Prix series 2010/1

Postby cekoni » 11 Dec 2010, 23:26

http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpf1011/SEG006.HTM

Aliona SAVCHENKO & Robin SZOLKOWY - 2010 GPF FS:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gg7b8SmVy24

Qing PANG & Jian TONG - 2010 GPF FS:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntGJwoX58bw

Wenjing SUI & Cong HAN - 2010 GPF FS:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lRe_UaclWM

Lubov ILIUSHECHKINA / Nodari MAISURADZE:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_0VfELId0M

Vera BAZAROVA / Yuri LARIONOV:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8U5IsxfcNI

Kirsten MOORE - TOWERS / Dylan MOSCOVITCH:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWLfKrsI_3c

FINAL STANDING

cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 11 Dec 2010, 23:32

PROTOCOL - ALL SCORES
http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpf10 ... otocol.pdf

-------------------------------------------------

http://www.isu.org/vsite/vcontent/conte ... em,00.html

ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final (junior and senior)
11 Dec 2010 16:46

Richard Dornbush (USA) wins Junior Men

Richard Dornbush (USA) won the Junior Men's title with Han Yan of China and Canada's Andrei Rogozin coming second and third.

Dornbush put out a career-best performance to „Sherlock Holmes“, reeling off eight triples and scoring high on his spins. The 19-year-old earned 148.81 points and racked up a total of 219.56 points. „I was thinking about my program when I went out there, but I never dreamed that it would turn out that well. Being able to do a clean program in practice is totally different than doing it in a competition. That is definitely the best I skated. This gives me a lot of confidence going into Nationals knowing that I'm the top junior man, competing in seniors, that will give me a boost“, he said.

Yan landed four clean triples in his routine to „Zigeunerweisen“ to score 118.76 points. He was ranked third in the Free Skating but overall moved up to second at 186.05 points. „I thought I skated just okay. My jumps weren´t good today. I don´t know why. I was a little nervous going in to the long program because I was third after the short“, the 14-year-old explained.

Rogozine's routine to „The Rock“ included eight triples and he moved up from seventh to clinch the bronze medal with 181.76 points. He got 122.61 points for the Free Skating. „I came into the long with the thought that I have nothing to loose. I just was trying to skate my best and wanted to see how much I would pull up after the short that wasn't that great“, the Canadian commented.

Narumi Takahashi/Mervin Tran (JPN) take Junior Pairs title

Narumi Takahashi/Mervin Tran of Japan took the Junior Pairs title. Russia's Ksenia Stolbova/Fedor Klimov earned the silver and Xiaoyu Yu/Yang Jin of China moved up from sixth place to take the bronze medal.

Takahashi/Tran's program to „The Day You'll Love Me“ by Raul di Blasio featured a level-four double twist, a double Axel-double toeloop sequence and a throw triple Salchow, but Takahashi fell on the side by side triple Salchow. The current World Junior silver medalists picked up 105.58 points and accumulated 159.52 points overall. „It was a solid performance for us and we felt really good on the ice. We felt we interpreted the program very well“, Tran told the press. „I was very nervous after the short program and I'm so happy now“, Takahashi added. „My favorite thing is a medal, especially the gold medal!“

Skating to „La Strada“, Stolbova/Klimov overcame a hard fall of her on the triple toeloop to produce a double Axel, throw triple Lutz and throw triple loop. The World Junior bronze medalists earned 100.91 points which added up to 150.54 overall. „I really wanted to make up for the fall in the short program (on the double Axel), so maybe I was trying too hard. The fall hurt, but what can you do. You cannot stop, you have to continue the performance. On the positive side, we pulled ourselves together and fought through the program“, Stolbova commented.

Yu/Jin gave a solid performance to „Romeo and Juliet“ that was highlighted by a triple toeloop, triple twist and a throw triple Salchow. The team from Harbin received 96.90 points and totaled 140.58 points.“Overall, we worked hard and it was okay. We have a lot to improve but it was better than the short program. I was disappointed to fall (on the throw triple loop) and we can skate better. We were a little nervous after the short program”, Yu said.

----------------------------------------

Patrick Chan (CAN) claims Men's gold

Canada's Patrick Chan claimed the gold in the Men's event with Japan's Nobunari Oda and Takahiko Kozuka finishing second and third.

Chan pulled off a quad toe and seven triple jumps in his routine to „Phantasia“ by Andrew Lloyd Webber, but he stumbled badly on the second triple Axel. The two-time and reigning World silver medalist posted a seasons best of 174.16 points and moved up from second place to take the title at 259.75 points. “I think it is the beginning of a great career and a great season. I can take what I have learned during the GP and use it at Worlds. There's more to come”, Chan said.

Skating to Piano Concerto 1 and 2 by Edvard Grieg, Oda missed his opening quad toe but recovered to land eight triple jumps. With 156.22 points, the Japanese was ranked third in the Free Skating and overall slipped from first to second at 242.81 points. „I was disappointed about myself with mistakes with the quad toe and the end of the program (fall after double Axel). Even though I am not satisfied with my performance today I achieved a good result as a silver medalist, it is nice“, Oda commented.

Kozuka also struggled with the quad toe in his program to Franz Liszt's Piano Concerto No. 1, underrotating it. He produced eight triples afterwards and level-four spins to score 159.89 points. The 21-year-old moved up from fourth to third. „It wasn't a great nor a bad performance, it was okay. Honestly I am tired after Paris, it´s only two weeks after the competition, I just couldn't recover well enough and I had jetlag. But I´m not the only one affected, other skaters are in the same situation, so no complaints. I´d like to brush up my detail and train harder and harder”, Kozuka told the press.

Alissa Czisny (USA) skates to victory

Alissa Czisny (USA) skated to victory in the Ladies event. Carolina Kostner of Italy edged out Japan's Kanako Murakami by 0.01 points to capture the silver medal.

Overnight leader Czisny put out an elegant performance to „Winter and Spring“ by George Winston that featured five triple jumps and excellent spins. The former U.S. Champion earned 116.99 points and accumulated 180.75 points overall. „I stayed on my feet, so I was happy. I had to fight my way through that program. I’m happy with the outcome and it just feels good to be back and to be able to get close to reach my potential”, Czisny said. „I dreamed it, winning it and it happened”, she added with a smile.

Kostner's routine to „L'Aprés-Midi d'un Faun“ was highlighted by four triple jumps and two level-four spins. The three-time European Champion got 116.47 points and remained in second place at 178.60 points. „I feel so comfortable out there and had so much fun. My jumps were okay with only one mistake. I was happy just to qualify and even happier to medal. I think I´ve been improving from competition to competition but I feel I had extra energy here“, Kostner offered.

Skating to „The Mask of Zorro“, Murakami completed a triple toe-triple toe combination and four more triples to score 117.12 points. She totaled 178.59 points. „Despite of my mistake (popped a flip) I had a good result it is an honor to stand on the podium at the Grand Prix Final. Especially that this is the first year for me to compete at the senior circuit“, the reigning World Junior Champion commented. Miki Ando of Japan won the Free Skating but was too far behind after the Short Program and remained in fifth place.

Meryl Davis/Charlie White (USA) repeat as Grand Prix Final Champions

Meryl Davis/Charlie White of the USA repeated as Grand Prix Final Champions while Nathalie Pechalat/ Fabian Bourzat of France earned the silver medal. The bronze went to Canada's Vanessa Crone/Paul Poirer.

Davis/White delivered a strong performance of their Tango routine and earned a level four for seven out of the eight elements. Only the diagonal step sequence was graded a level three. The Olympic and World silver medalists posted a new seasons best of 102.94 points and racked up a total of 171.58 points. „It feels great, we're being rewarded for the skates that we've done and the hard work we've put in”, White said. „We`ll be doing more of what we've been doing at Skate America and training really hard. We had a late start but now that we are where we are, we can start building on that”, added Davis.

Pechalat/Bourzat delivered an elegant routine to „Charlie Chaplin“ and picked up a level four for their lifts, the twizzles and the spin and a level three for the footwork to score 96.44 points. The French couple accumulated 162.10 points. „We can never say that we have done enough we can do so much better like we do in practice. We can improve on what we did easily for the European Championships“, Bourzat commented.

Crone/Poirier danced smoothly to „Eleanor Rigby“ and earned 84.92 points. They moved up from fifth to third at 139.74 points overall. „We couldn't have skated any better today. Winning a medal is an exciting prospect for Vanessa and I. It is definitely a step into the right direction heading into our National Championships and this year's World Championships“, Poirer said.

Aliona Savchenko/Robin Szolkowy (GER) strike gold

Aliona Savchenko/Robin Szolkowy of Germany struck gold in the Pairs event and recaptured the title they had won once before in 2008. China confirmed its strong position in the discipline with the silver for Qing Pang/Jian Tong and the bronze for Wenjing Sui/Cong Han.

Savchenko/Szolkowy produced a strong performance of their entertaining „Pink Panther“ program, producing a triple toe-triple toe sequence, a huge throw triple flip, a triple twist and throw triple Salchow. The current World silver medalists posted a new seasons best of 136.32 points and extended their overnight lead to win with 210.72 points. „We are very happy and excited to have skated the way we did today. To have won the Final in China is the icing on the cake. This is the first step towards the big championships for us“, Savchenko commented.

Perfoming to „Liebestraum“ by Franz Liszt, Pang/Tong landed huge triple throws but had trouble with the solo jumps. She doubled the toeloop while he singled an Axel. Their pair spin received no value. The current World Champions scored 121.30 points which added up to 189.93 points. „We were very disappointed and dissatisfied. Because our SP score was low and we were disappointed yesterday, last night we didn't get much sleep. So today we only paid attention to the elements and we lacked speed and choreography. Today was very difficult. There is a lot more pressure skating in China, the audience has very high expectations and we really want to skate our best for our fans“, Tong explained.

Sui/Han landed a double Axel-double Axel sequence, a triple toe and triple flip in their Charlie Chaplin program, but she fell on the throw quadruple Salchow. The World Junior Champions earned 117.55 points and earned the bronze medal in their debut in the senior Grand Prix with 179.04 points. “We competed for the first time in the senior Final and in front of a home crowd, so to be on the podium is a surprise for us. We are very excited“, Han commented.

The ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final (Junior & Senior) concluded Sunday with the Exhibition Gala.
cekoni
Administrator

Postby simona » 12 Dec 2010, 00:12

Image GREAT PICS! WELL DONE LIZAAA!

LYAPPLEHAPPY MASAHI
AND ALL OF THE TIEBA

ImageImageImageImageImage

simona

Postby lovplush » 12 Dec 2010, 01:09

cekoni wrote:
Someone on twitter wrote for Chan's score 9 for IN (interpretation): "IN as INflation?"
How much this "kid" has good "interpretation"? Not so much, by my opinion... and certainly not for 9! :plush34:

Also... his score 174.16 for FS is second best score after Daisuke's on "4 Continent" 2008... and almost 6 points better than Plushy's score on 2006 Oly and 1.5 point more in Total score ... Chan is now second best skater, for all time! :sh_ок:

.... and this is SOOOOOOOOOO OBVIOUS MESSAGE TO EVERYONE! :ps_ih: :ze_le_ny:

P.S. I just wonder, how far the ISU intend to go??? :plush44:

Chan might be the arguable second best skater under the new system, that is all. Of course ISU can change rules to give more favor to their favorite skaters :ze_le_ny:

We must admit that Chan is good at certain skating elements. If he can make his jumps more stable, we could even call him a great technician. But his Artistry is far from impressive. Skating fast with all kinds of meaningless transition movements does not equal to Artistry. Sadly the judges do not agree. :plush38:

Olympics 2010, ISU killed Man figure skating by ignoring the importance of the quads. Now ISU is killing it again by stripping the artistry element away from it. Or even worse, they re-define the artistry standard, and try to make a template for high point program. :plush43:

Hope soon we can see Plushy competing again and fighting for the dignity of this beautiful sport. plush48
Plushenko Chinese Fans Club: http://www.plushycnfanclub.org/
lovplush

Postby cekoni » 12 Dec 2010, 02:34

lovplush wrote:... But his Artistry is far from impressive. Skating fast with all kinds of meaningless transition movements does not equal to Artistry. Sadly the judges do not agree. :plush38:

Olympics 2010, ISU killed Man figure skating by ignoring the importance of the quads. Now ISU is killing it again by stripping the artistry element away from it. Or even worse, they re-define the artistry standard, and try to make a template for high point program. :plush43: ...

Yes, template, where is choreography = artistry ... Lori Nichol = ISU :wo_ol:
cekoni
Administrator

Postby masahi » 12 Dec 2010, 02:59

Lori Nichol = ISU

I completely agree with that, I am not quite familiar with this woman,when I realize her existing in the figure skating world, she's already the standard of the world figure skating......particularly she is also the Chan's coach..... :ze_le_ny:

we are just waiting for plushy, hope his come back will change something ....
Welcome to Plushy's Chinese fan club:
http://tieba.baidu.com/plushenko
masahi

Postby cekoni » 12 Dec 2010, 03:24

masahi wrote:Lori Nichol = ISU

I completely agree with that, I am not quite familiar with this woman,when I realize her existing in the figure skating world, she's already the standard of the world figure skating......particularly she is also the Chan's coach..... :ze_le_ny:

... and his choreographer, and has been choreographer to Lysacek for the Olympics :plush34:
And not only that - she lecturing the ISU judges what is "proper" skating... :ps_ih:

Now it's all clear, right? :plush34:
cekoni
Administrator

Postby Sakura » 12 Dec 2010, 04:41

lovplush wrote:
We must admit that Chan is good at certain skating elements. If he can make his jumps more stable, we could even call him a great technician. But his Artistry is far from impressive. Skating fast with all kinds of meaningless transition movements does not equal to Artistry. Sadly the judges do not agree.

Olympics 2010, ISU killed Man figure skating by ignoring the importance of the quads. Now ISU is killing it again by stripping the artistry element away from it. Or even worse, they re-define the artistry standard, and try to make a template for high point program.

Hope soon we can see Plushy competing again and fighting for the dignity of this beautiful sport.

Yes,yes! I completely agree with you!!
I wonder how Chan got such high score on pcs.
Sakura

Postby cekoni » 12 Dec 2010, 05:52

cekoni
Administrator

Postby simona » 12 Dec 2010, 07:45

cekoni wrote:
She lecturing the ISU judges what is
"proper" skating... :ps_ih: Lori Nichol = ISU
:wo_ol: Now it's all clear, right? :plush34:

Unfortunately yes Cekoni.. That Nichol -
woman is starting to annoy me too much!

lovplush wrote:
Hope soon we can see Plushy competing
again and fighting for the dignity of this
beautiful sport.
plush48

Image Image

Yeah! let's hope so lovplush! Go Zhenyaaa!

ImageImageImageImageImage

simona

PreviousNext

Return to Мир фигурного катания || Figure Skating