Чемпионаты Европы-Мира || Euro-World Championships 2012-16

Другие фигуристы, различные фигурнокатательные мероприятия || Other skaters and events without Evgeni

Re: Чемпионаты Европы-Мира || European-World Championships 2

Postby simona » 02 Apr 2012, 04:46

Image " MIND TINGLING STUFF! "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOlXuWQz ... YuWyGFE%3D

Image " A SUPREME YOUNG TALENT! "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0RBtPX2 ... 3OvS8PI%3D

Image " C'EST MAGNIFIQUE! "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lC_lYMOc ... re=related

Image Hanyu happy like a puppy! So cute the 2 compatriots!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT-XZPEC ... re=related

I still can't believe Dai not becoming World Champion! Is it just me?

:ne_vi_del:

ImageImageImageImageImage

These users thanked the author simona for the post (total 3):
cekoni (03 Apr 2012, 00:39) • lala630312 (02 Apr 2012, 22:11) • Вера (02 Apr 2012, 07:03)
Rating: 12.5%

simona

Postby let`s talk » 02 Apr 2012, 20:17

No, Simona. It's not just only you:

http://www.thestar.com/sports/article/1154705--dimanno-toronto-s-patrick-chan-strikes-gold-at-world-figure-skating-championships

DiManno: Toronto’s Patrick Chan strikes gold at world figure skating championships

NICE, FRANCE—Patrick Chan screwed in his ear bugs, propped up his legs, played a few hands of cards with his coaches.

When the arena began to rumble and shake, he thought: Aha, must be Brian Joubert.

But not until every other skater had finished — 23 of them — did the defending World Champion emerge from the dressing room for his close-up, final competitor in the final flight.

Cue the music. Cue the big tricks.

Quad toe 1: Nothing to it.

Quad toe 2: Better than the first.

Triple Axel: Stupendous.

And from that moment, less than a minute into his program, the 22-year-old from Toronto knew he’d had it nailed.

He would be the first Canadian global gold medallist, male, to repeat as world champion since Elvis Stojko.

He would show everybody there was nothing remotely fluky about his paramount skating prowess — though no one has doubted his singularly spectacular skills, certainly not over the past two seasons of uninterrupted triumphs.

He would leave the French Riviera exactly as he was upon arrival: The man to beat and the man who apparently can’t be beaten.

Chan is entirely inside the sweet spot of skating at this point in his career, victor again Sunday night at the world championships.

And yet.

They booed Chan.

Jeered, heckled and erupted in those piercing whistles that are the European version of a hiss.

Kept it up, too, for ever so long as Chan awaited his marks in the kiss ‘n’ cry, continued the caterwauling when the scores were flashed, confirming the Canadian’s fresh investiture, more gold bling to hang around his neck.

It’s not that there’s any ill-will against Chan, the endlessly ebullient skating virtuoso who has essentially rewritten the record-book in his sport. But, from what spectators had just witnesses with their own eyes, he should not have been the winner on his occasion.

Chan begs to differ.

Surprised he’d triumphed? “No, I knew when I got off the ice. With that strong opening I felt like I had won anyway.’’

That “anyway’’ refers to what didn’t go precisely as planned.

“I was just happy and relieved that it was over,” the back-to-back champ said afterwards, claiming ignorance of the full-throated heckles, ears wide shut. “I didn’t actually notice. I could just sort of hear it in the background.

“I wasn’t sure if it was cheers or jeers but either way it was pretty cool. It shows they care, right?”

The transcendent skater had just accomplished what had been vowed: He’d defended.

But it was a surprisingly un-Chanian performance in Saturday afternoon’s free skate, a program that crashed in the middle and never really found its lofty footing again.

When did Chan last fall on a double Axel? When, come to that, did a world champion win despite falling on a double Axel?

“That opening — after waiting for five skaters, 40 minutes — and just the way everything was planned out perfectly ... you know what? It was smart skating. It was not perfect, mistakes here and there. Shows that I’m human, right?

“Somebody asked me earlier this week, how can these guys beat you? It’s a question I’ve been asked a lot this season. Well, I left it open for them after the short and I left it open after the long. I gave them little chances.”

When the scores flashed up on the board, Chan had pulled down a free skate score of 176.70, nearly ten points off his season’s best. Yet still good enough to top the field in the long and, coupled with his two point budge from the short, 266.11 overall, good for gold again.

But then the hoots and hollers cascaded down from the stands at the Palais des Expositions again. If they couldn’t have home favourite Joubert in the medals — he finished fourth — then this was an audience palpably pulling for one of the two Japanese men: former world champ Daisuke Takahashi and youngster Yuzuru Hanyu, only 17 and world junior champion last season. Hanyu, despite one tumble, had electrified the crowd earlier. Indeed, he edged out compatriot Takahashi in the free skate — and had the best technical marks of any competitor on the day — though settling for bronze. Takahashi took silver.

For Japan, this marked the first time two of their men had medalled at worlds.

But it was Canada at the apex — and that’s gold-times-two in Nice, with Chan joining ice dancers Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir in the winner’s circle.

Didn’t come as easy as it looked, however; or, rather, didn’t look as easy as it came.

“It’s the hardest competition this far in my career,” Chan admitted. “On the double Axel, it was a combination of being a bit late to the music and ... it’s a long program. I lost concentration a bit.”

That double Axel — which Chan can do in his sleep — proved disorienting. It arrived in the last third of a routine skated to “Adagio from Concierto de Aranjuez”. It defeated him. Fell so hard on his backside that, an hour later, Chan was still holding an ice pack to his bum.

Truthfully, the program seemed somewhat on the ropes even before the fall. But there was that awesome start, an explosion out of the gate that pretty much precluded anyone else dislodging Chan.

Chan was unsure what had sent the double Axel off the rails. “I was late in the program and that may have played a factor. I feel like I have to catch up, I have to catch up, so I rushed the takeoff. It’s always kind of a funky jump. I bruised my butt pretty good so I guess that’s a punishment.

“I didn’t skate necessarily lights out but I definitely skated smart. I made sure all the little details were done well. It all added up and I ended up still on top.”

These worlds, Chan acknowledged, have been no walk on the promenade, a far more mentally grinding experience than a year ago in Moscow. He arrive here in a funk after a week of lousy practices at home in Colorado Spring. There were a couple of days where, after a rough session at the rink, I just went home.

“Coming here, I had my doubts. I thought, oh my God, am I going to be the guy who lost it, didn’t make it happen, when he was so close? But I snapped myself out of it because I knew I’d trained hard all season.”

Most people, Chan knew, almost took it for granted that he would recapture the crown. “It’s like, if he does it, he should be the winner. And if he doesn’t, shame on him. It’s a unique position, maybe uncomfortable sometimes. But I think I made it over the hump now.’’

So, not quite how Chan had envisioned things it, with raspberries ringing in his ears.

Yet still, indisputably, the finest male skater on the planet. So boo-you.

You see? He gave them little chances. What a generous boy. Have no idea how some people can like this ass. Only asses themselves surely. :ze_le_ny:
"Осторожно! Фанатка ЕП и ДТ" (weir.ru about let`s talk)

These users thanked the author let`s talk for the post:
lala630312 (02 Apr 2012, 22:13)
Rating: 4.17%

let`s talk

Postby let`s talk » 02 Apr 2012, 20:21

The Old Jou: :plush32:

The true World Champion: :plush46: :plush39: :ro_za: :plush33:
"Осторожно! Фанатка ЕП и ДТ" (weir.ru about let`s talk)

These users thanked the author let`s talk for the post (total 2):
ilpulcino (03 Apr 2012, 18:56) • simona (02 Apr 2012, 20:53)
Rating: 8.33%

let`s talk

Postby cekoni » 03 Apr 2012, 02:11

let`s talk wrote: http://www.thestar.com/sports/article/1154705--dimanno-toronto-s-patrick-chan-strikes-gold-at-world-figure-skating-championships

DiManno: Toronto’s Patrick Chan strikes gold at world figure skating championships

Surprised he’d triumphed? “No, I knew when I got off the ice. With that strong opening I felt like I had won anyway.’’

That “anyway’’ refers to what didn’t go precisely as planned.

“I was just happy and relieved that it was over,” the back-to-back champ said afterwards, claiming ignorance of the full-throated heckles, ears wide shut. “I didn’t actually notice. I could just sort of hear it in the background.
“I wasn’t sure if it was cheers or jeers but either way it was pretty cool. It shows they care, right?”

Oh, how I "love" :kli_ny: when someone so "clumsily" acting surprise, and show ignorance of the existence of a cleverly devised plan by the ISU and Skate Canada (about Chan's "world domination") - which are now sooo obvious to everyone :ps_ih: ... except to the Canadian press and Chan :)-(:

---------------------------------------------------
:plush42:

Dad, maybe Chan not be an Olympic champion in the Sochi 2014?
- What are you talking about? If he does not even come, will send him a gold medal by mail...

(this may relate also to Plushy - remember him from the Japan Open 2010?) :mi_ga_et:
Different people get up from the knee due to various reasons

These users thanked the author cekoni for the post (total 3):
let`s talk (03 Apr 2012, 19:44) • lala630312 (03 Apr 2012, 19:28) • simona (03 Apr 2012, 02:50)
Rating: 12.5%

cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 03 Apr 2012, 02:21

Soup du jour: Kostner's emotions 'indescribable'
French fans' unique cheering style; Skaters reunite for gala; Joubert and Amodio twizzle in unison

http://www.icenetwork.com/news/article. ... y=ice_news

---------------------------

Писеев назвал положительным результат российских фигуристов на ЧМ-2012:
http://www.rsport.ru/figure_skating/201 ... 55183.html

Фигурное катание без устриц:
http://www.rsport.ru/blog_simonenko/201 ... 11417.html

-----------------------------

PHOTOS
Ladies: http://www.rsport.ru/photo/20120401/588974635.html
Men: http://www.rsport.ru/photo/20120331/588907551.html
Dance: http://www.rsport.ru/photo/20120330/588639947.html
Pairs: http://rsport.ru/photo/20120331/588785848.html
Gala: http://www.rsport.ru/photo/20120402/589279153.html

These users thanked the author cekoni for the post:
lala630312 (03 Apr 2012, 19:44)

cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 03 Apr 2012, 02:26

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article. ... y=ice_news

Candid van der Perren gets nostalgic in last skate
Beloved Belgian reveals all as competitive career concludes

(04/02/2012) - Kevin van der Perren, from Belgium, ended his world eligible career in the same city where he started it: in Nice.

The veteran skater (he is now 30) has been known for his joyful character and limitless generosity on the ice. Before his last bow in a world championship, van der Perren gave what may be his best performance ever, with two quads, a triple Axel and seven other triples -- three of which in combination (he is the only one in the world to do such a feat) in a nearly faultless performance.

Prior to leaving Nice, van der Perren agreed -- in his own unconventional and frank way -- to speak of these 12 packed past years and of his plans for the future with icenetwork.com.

- Icenetwork.com: You've had a fantastic last free program here!
- Van der Perren: It's exactly what I've always wanted to finish my career with. It's my personal best. It was not easy because it's so hot in here. After the first step sequence, I just felt I was burnt out already; my legs were burning, and I thought to myself: "Whoa ... I still have 2:40 minutes to go!"
My initial plan was to leave the scene at the Europeans in Sheffield, but I broke my wrist, so we decided that I would do worlds. I preferred to end my career at a European championship, because I could get a better result than at worlds, obviously (he finished 15th here).
It's been very difficult these last months with all these injuries. Oh well, I am 30 years old!

- Icenetwork.com: So, you did participate in the world championships here in Nice 12 years ago? You do not appear in the final rankings, however.
- Van der Perren: No, because I did not qualify for the final free! We all had to go through qualifications at that time. It was really my first year on the international scene, and I could barely land a triple jump. I ended up 31st. In fact, I was not ready to come, but Belgium had no one else to present but me.

- Icenetwork.com: Do you have good memories from that week?
- Van der Perren: Oh yes, it was great! I was 18 years old, and I was so happy to see Alexei Yagudin and Evgeni Plushenko live! That's all I remember, really.

- Icenetwork.com: What has changed since?
- Van der Perren: Everything has changed. Skating! My life! At that time, I was practicing skating only twice a week, and mostly for fun. I had come to skating after a Disney on Ice show. I was a great fan of Disney's. At that time, I was more involved into swimming. But after Nice I decided to focus on skating and forget about swimming.

- Icenetwork.com: What has changed in skating these last 12 years?
- Van der Perren: These last years, you really can tell which skater was raised with the old system and who has really started with the IJS (International Judging System). It is really difficult for the former to compete with the latter, really. We [the older generation] learned jumps, whereas they [the younger generation] learned jumps with transitions. We learned spins, they learned spins with positions, etc. They have been trained that way; we have not.

- Icenetwork.com: How did you absorb components then?
- Van der Perren: I never did! Not that I did not want or understand, but I simply was not capable! I can do jumps without components, or I can do components without the jumps, but I cannot do both at the same time.
You know, my first skating lesson was to learn a waltz jump, not a step! I never had strong bases to skate. I knew how to land a triple Axel before I even was aware of what a rocker and a counter were! That is just deadly to the best skater.

- Icenetwork.com: Brian Joubert arrived one year after you, but he has the same problem.
- Van der Perren: I love Brian's style, really. Today, there is so much attention given to components. The best skater can miss his jumps, he still gets high components. The athletic aspect of the sport has decreased significantly. This was especially true just a few years ago in the ladies competition. One girl could win with only three triples. It was unbelievable!
Actually, I am glad I do not pay to see a skating event, because I would not come otherwise. What I love in skating is jumps and combinations.
You know, I train in an ice rink in the middle of nowhere, in Belgium, in a place named Liedekerke. Jenna [McCorkell] (his wife) and I have the best conditions there, as we can have the ice four hours a day just for the two of us. This is just incredible! But at the same time, the ice is 27 cm (more than 10 inches) higher in the middle than by the boards. That's why I can't spin! If you start your combination spin in the middle of the ice, you're sure to end it in the boards! (He laughs again.)

- Icenetwork.com: What else have you seen change in 12 years?
- Van der Perren: Prize money! I won two European bronze medals in 2007 and 2009. The prize money decreased by a factor of two in two years. That I noticed (he smiles). Yet the popularity of skating seems to be back upward. It should be better in another two to three years. The decrease in popularity might well be linked to the IJS, actually. People do not know what is happening anymore. Who knows what a Level 4 spin is? Scores are displayed -- and so what? It was obviously much more explicit, and interesting, with the 6.0 system.
Also, a major change has been the arrival of Asian skaters. When we started, we were making fun of them. At the 2003 worlds in Washington D.C., no Japanese skater could jump triples -- besides [Takeshi] Honda. Each time we saw a Japanese competitor, we were confident that we would beat him. Well ... that has changed tremendously! It's the same with the Russians today. They have disappeared, but they are coming back strong. Look at their juniors; they are just incredible!

- Icenetwork.com: So, would you do it over if you had to?
- Van der Perren: Oh no! [He shakes his head in his hands.) Had I known how much I would have had to learn and gone through, I would have stayed in swimming! Now, fortunately, I have learned, so it's OK ...

- Icenetwork.com: At least figure skating gave you your wife ...
- Van der Perren: Oh yes. But you know, skating is so special. I had many girlfriends before, but it was just impossible to stay with them. You have to belong to the skating world to just understand it. It's not just about training and competing; it's also the way you dress, the way you talk (especially with judges), the way you need to be "respectable," as we would say. Skating is a bit of a soap opera, you know ... We should make a reality soap in skating. It would be an instant success on TV! Except it would just be the truth! (He laughs.) Television shows only what can be shown, and nobody sees what comes before or after.

- Icenetwork.com: What are your plans for the future?
- Van der Perren: I am now a full-time coach at home in Belgium. But also, we are starting our own skating show with Jenna (who finished 14th in the ladies event in Nice). We will try to launch it in Belgium and the Netherlands. The concept of the show will be a little different. I do not want a succession of stars (who are too expensive anyway, and whom many people do not know). It will be more of a real show with scenery and costumes, something that can appeal to people.
Also, I will keep practicing every day because I love skating so much. I have just had enough of competitions.

- Icenetwork.com: How will you coach your pupils then?
- Van der Perren: Obviously, I will coach them in the new system. It will be completely different from the way my own coaches did educate me. But it's mandatory now; otherwise, my skaters will have no chance.
I made the choice of jumping, rather than working on components, simply because jumps were the reasons why I came to skating. A practice session, for me, is doing quads, triples and combinations, not 10 minutes worth of steps. It has not been easy for my coach, I am sure. She needed quite some patience with me.

These users thanked the author cekoni for the post:
ilpulcino (03 Apr 2012, 18:57)

cekoni
Administrator

Postby Rika » 03 Apr 2012, 12:47

So, I see now we are not alone in this fight against Isu judges.

Here you are my new banner for my forum
The new ice skating champions of the world 2012

You can se it here: http://skating-ritmica.forumfree.it/

These users thanked the author Rika for the post (total 2):
cekoni (04 Apr 2012, 18:11) • let`s talk (03 Apr 2012, 19:44)
Rating: 8.33%

Rika

Postby clairdelalune » 03 Apr 2012, 12:57

let`s talk wrote:http://www.thestar.com/sports/article/1154705--dimanno-toronto-s-patrick-chan-strikes-gold-at-world-figure-skating-championships

DiManno is an idiot! She is claiming that D/W were better than V/M!!!! :)-(: Pathetic! :)-(: :)-(: :)-(:
Sour grapes, DiManno!!!!!! :)-(:
ImageImage
clairdelalune

Postby cekoni » 03 Apr 2012, 18:17

Somehow I think that they are themselves led to here... :plush34:

https://twitter.com/#!/skatingpj/status ... 0319301632
Pj Kwong ‏

Here's my response to booing skaters at an event:

You should be….
….ashamed of yourself if you were booing in Nice, France and you know who you are....

http://pjkwong.com/?p=1160
cekoni
Administrator

Postby Вера » 03 Apr 2012, 20:19

Когда вернутся «золотые» времена?
http://www.mk.ru/sport/article/2012/04/ ... emena.html
А Патрику Чану, говорят все, безбожно завышают оценки. Пока мы не соревнуемся с ним напрямую, это всего лишь вызывает шутки — даже если проползет, получит бонусы за красивое ползание. Что будет, когда на следующий год с ним и ударной компанией лидеров должен будет встретиться Евгений Плющенко? Главное, чтобы встретились. И на это в очередной раз — хоть смейся, хоть плачь — все надежды нашего одиночного мужского катания. Россия имеет право теперь выставить на чемпионат мира только одного фигуриста. Слава богу, как страна-организатор, одно представительство в Сочи мы иметь будем по-любому.(дожили :plush34: )

Итоги ЧМ по фигурному катанию 2012 .Шаг вперед и шаг назад
http://www.sports.ru/tribuna/blogs/fsle ... 11737.html
Конечно, эта безрадостная картина. За сборную России на следующем чемпионате мира в мужском одиночном катании сможет выступить только один спортсмен. Кто поедет в Канаду: Плющенко или кто-то другой? Остаётся только гадать. Ясно одно. Этот спортсмен должен завоевать для России три места для нашей сборной в предолимпийский год. И это стратегически важно для нас.

«Самая большая интрига» у мужчин состояла в том, кто же победит и займёт заслуженное звание ЧЕМПИОНА МИРА? Шутка. Думаю, мало найдётся людей, которые сомневались в победе ВЕЛИКОГО И УЖАСНОГО. Надо отдать должное Патрику Чану, он исполнил в произвольной 4Т, 4Т+3Т, 3А, 3Л+2С, 3Р, 3Ф, 3Л. Но без падений не обошлось.Канадец откатал обе программы без явных срывов ,но и не без грязи. Поэтому победу ему, в очередной раз принесли высокие баллы за компоненты программы и завышенные плюсы от арбитров за ГОЭ. После своей произвольной программы Чан был освистан за неимоверно высокие оценки. И дело не в том, что он выступал в Европе, а скажем не в Северной Америке. А в том, какое впечатление оказывает на зрителя его программы. Западают они в душу или нет. Будут ли их пересматривать много раз или забудут сразу же после соревнования. Не то, что я сильно против Чана. Никто не спорит, что это одарённый и яркий фигурист. Но, вот ,как то не хочется пересматривать его программы. Не цепляют они и все дела. А вот произвольную программу ЧЕ 2012 Плющенко я пересматриваю до сих пор.
Вера
Администратор

PreviousNext

Return to Мир фигурного катания || Figure Skating