OFF topic in English

Re: Picture Radio

Postby lala630312 » 25 Jul 2011, 00:33

THX Simona! :plush27: :plush27: :plush27:
lala630312

Postby alysonshade » 25 Jul 2011, 13:01

27 Club

Brian Jones, founding member of The Rolling Stones (February 28, 1942 – July 3, 1969)

Jimi Hendrix (November 27, 1942 – September 18, 1970)

Janis Joplin (January 19, 1943 – October 4, 1970)

Jim Morrison (December 8, 1943 – July 3, 1971)

Kurt Cobain (Febraury 20, 1967 – April 5, 1994)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJSj_gRZXnA

Amy Winehouse (September 14, 1983 - July 23, 2011)

alysonshade

Postby alysonshade » 25 Jul 2011, 14:26

Suicide is Sin.

"Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you?
If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him; for God's temple is sacred, and you are that temple."
(Corinthians 3:16-17 NIV)

"Suicide" is not only killing yourself, but also drinking like mad and using heavy drugs.
If you are very sick and you don't stand the pain anymore, I can feel you.
But if you are healthy, what's the point in destroying yourself? :ne_vi_del:

They are aware that they are separated from God, and that there's a pure happiness, somewhere. They long for it, and they're searching for the way to reach it; but, because of ignorance, they assume synthetic substances instead of praying.

alysonshade

Postby simona » 25 Jul 2011, 16:24

:plush34:
alysonshade wrote:27 Club

Such a pity/waste so much talent down the drain @ such a young
age..

To all the people who have lost their loved ones at the massacre
in Norway

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bne9japq ... re=related

ImageImageImageImageImage

simona

Postby alysonshade » 26 Jul 2011, 18:19

simona wrote:Such a pity/waste so much talent down the drain @ such a young age..

Yes, I agree, it's a real shame, and I feel a deep compassion for them. :plush27:
This is what happens when the search for Truth takes a wrong direction. Yet, this is the kind of people having a microphone in their hands and the power to influence, though unwittingly, millions of young people ... Their pain is genuine and immense, so is their responsibility unto those who imitate them. :plush34:
alysonshade

Postby alysonshade » 26 Jul 2011, 18:36

"Mad World" by Gary Jules

"All around me are familiar faces
Worn out places
Worn out faces
Their tears are filling up their glasses
No expression
No expression
Hide my head I want to drown my sorrow
No tomorrow
No tomorrow
And I find it kind of funny
I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which I’m dying
Are the best I’ve ever had
I find it hard to tell you
I find it hard to take
When people run in circles
It’s a very very
Mad world
Mad world."

"A Song For The Lovers" by Richard Ashcroft

alysonshade

Postby alysonshade » 26 Jul 2011, 18:58

Perfect Sound! :ya_hoo_oo: :bra_vo: :son-ce:

Screen-shot from "Changed the Way You Kiss Me" by 'Example

alysonshade

Postby simona » 27 Jul 2011, 01:39

ImageImageImageImageImage

simona

Postby alysonshade » 27 Jul 2011, 12:45

The Persecution of Red-Headed People

I am a natural redhead woman, but I decided to bleach my hair and turn it into blonde. Why? Since I was a little girl, I'm constantly insulted because of the colour of my hair. “Red headed are bad hearted and they shed poison”, “Redheads bring bad luck”, at school my classmates were doing superstitious gestures, many men tried to make sex with me only because of sexual curiosity, indifferent to the fact that they could hurt me. Well, I'm not the only one. Read this list compiled by Elizabeth Johansen, is very instructive! :plush34:

Red heads are persecuted thorugh the centuries because of the colour of their hair, since they have been associated with witches and a crazy temper. For example:

At St. Paul’s cathedral in London, figurines tell the story of the fall in the Garden of Eden. Adam points one hand to the forbidden fruit and the other to a golden haired Eve. Then the arch angel drives them from the garden. Adam with his fig leaf loops his arm around Eve who is now cowering and sporting a main of long red hair.

Similarly in the paintings of the Sistine Chapel in 1874, Michelangelo’s Temptation depicts a brown haired Eve being handed a red apple by a red headed bare breasted serpent woman (Satan manifested as woman of course carries red hair). In the adjacent fresco Eve is thrown out of the garden with a shameful face and a twist of red hair.

Eve's red hair is seen as the stain of sin like the original scarlet letter. Later her son, Cain, will bare the red hair and also a fall from grace.

Belief that redheads are witches is a folk belief in Germanic culture. From 1483-1784 thousands of suspected witches were nearly always stripped and searched for “marks of the devil”. These included any “abnormality” such as freckles, moles, warts, and birthmarks. Red hair was certainly considered an abnormality. Considering the freckle factor for redheads this was a deadly and shocking horror. Somewhere around 45,000 women were tortured and murdered usually by burning at the stake or by drowning.

The Egyptians regarded the color as so unlucky that they had a ceremony in which they burned red-headed maidens alive to wipe out the tint- Claudie De Lys.

In central Africa’s Cameroon redheaded albinos, called Nguenguerous, are believed also to come by this color by menstrual intercourse. The UN and other world organizations have studied and advocated for their rights as there have been allegations of the ritual murders in some regions of Africa.

Redheads have always been thought untrustworthy. Judas is most always depicted as a redhead displaying the prejudice against red hair.

Adolph Hitler reportedly banned the marriages of two redheads as he feared their children would be “deviant offspring”.

At some point in history Brahmins were forbidden to marry redheads.

Red haired children have been historically branded as offspring of “unclean” sex. This has earned them taunts such as “red-knob” or “tampon tops.”

In Corsica, if you pass a redhead in the street you are to spit and turn around.

In Greek Mythology, redheads turn into Vampires when they die.

During the Spanish Inquisition flame colored hair was evidence that its owner had stolen the fire of hell and had to be burned as a witch.

Russian tradition declares that red hair is both a sign that a person holds a fiery temper and craziness.
A Russian Proverb warns “There was never a saint with red hair.”

Folklore in Liverpool states that meeting a redhead at the beginning of a journey is a terrible luck and bad omen. If you came upon one while still on dock or aboard the ship, you are smart to return home.

In English and Scottish tradition when the New Year arrives, your “first caller” will bring you luck. Brunettes bring the best luck. Blondes bring no luck at all. A widower brings bad luck. A redhead brings the worst luck. This “first footing” custom was so strongly practiced at one time that some homes would hire first callers.

A French Proverb states that “redheaded women are either violent or false, and usually are both.”

Is it enough? :plush29:

The beautiful red-headed Dutch singer Simone Simons, lead vocalist of metal band Epica

Last edited by alysonshade on 27 Jul 2011, 19:55, edited 1 time in total.
alysonshade

PreviousNext

Return to Visitors' discussions