OFF topic.... any discussions

OFF topic in English

Re: OFF topic.... any discussions

Postby alysonshade » 26 Apr 2011, 17:42

Today early morning Greenpeace activists have transformed in a open memorial the Circus Maximus of Rome (Italy) by sinking into the ground two thousand crosses in order to remember the victims of the Chernobyl nuclear disaster on the day of 25th anniversary of the explosion of reactor, occurred on April 26, 1986. "These crosses symbolically remind the victims of Chernobyl - says Salvatore Barbera, leader of Greenpeace's Italy nuclear campaign - What we learned from the incident is that the nuclear energy is too dangerous to have a future".

(The "nuclear cemetery" built this morning in Rome by Greenpeace)

Well, Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi doesn't agree.
The Italian people is called to express their own preference about nuclear power by a referendun scheduled on next June and requesting the abolition of the plan to build 18 new nuclear power plans in Italy. But the Italian government is trying to erase this important event by changing the mentioned law. Actually, the Italian government is not changing his mind about building these nuclear plans: it's only a trick.

As the Prime Minister himself said: "The moratorium of these days comes from the surveys revealing the Italian fear post Fukushima, but in a few years we re-present the project to the public opinion." So the Prime Minister Berlusconi spoke during a press conference with French Prime Minister Nicolas Sarkozy. :-(
alysonshade

Postby alysonshade » 29 Apr 2011, 15:19

I wish to express solidarity with the American people for the tragedy that the Southern states are experiencing because of the nature anger. More than 300 deaths caused by the huge tornado beating down on Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississipi, Missouri, Tennessee, Oklahoma (in the videos below, the damages created by the tornado).

alysonshade

Postby cekoni » 30 Apr 2011, 21:50

Mariinsky Theatre - youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/MariinskyEn#p/u

A new Mariinsky Theatre project available at http://www.media.mariinsky.ru and now also on YouTube!
Interviews with artistes and stage directors and information on performances and the theatres activities and thats just the beginning!
The Mariinsky Theatre is a focal point of world music, now also in the contemporary format of a video blog on the internet.
cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 10 May 2011, 05:53

Eurovision Song Contest 2011 - BBC One (Videos in this playlist (48)
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?p=813301637D2B481A

cekoni
Administrator

Postby alysonshade » 13 May 2011, 15:07

About a Russian basketball player
This is Utah Jazz forward Andrei Kirilenko's new tattoo. The tattoo - that takes up his entire back - symbolizes his World of Warcraft character riding a dragon. Andrei Kirilenko (born 1981) is a Russian-American professional basketball player currently playing at the small forward position for the Utah Jazz in the National Basketball Association. He is 206 cm (6'9") tall and weighs 103 kg (227 lb).

alysonshade

Postby dominique » 16 May 2011, 22:17

cekoni wrote: Eurovision Song Contest 2011 - BBC One (Videos in this playlist (48)
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?p=813301637D2B481A

About this year's eurovision song contest:
THANK YOU RUSSIAN FRIENDS FOR GIVING YOUR 12 POINTS TO GREECE !!!!!!!!!!!!!! plush48 plush48 plush48 plush48 plush48
Thank you also for having sweet DIMA BILAN :mo-ro_zi_vo: :ki_ss: anounce this wonderful (for us Greeks) piece of news.
Your support is particularly appreciated in these times of trouble and strife for us Greeks as a nation.
I guess Russians are among the few who can understand what the greek lyrics :"With my arms stretched high....my soul is full of fire" actually mean.
SPASIBA!!! :dr_ink:
all my love
dominique

P.S. Most Greek girls are currenty in love with your Russian singer.....
dominique

Postby Дарина » 17 May 2011, 22:34

dominique this year Loukas Giorkas was my favorite too! His voice is mesmerising! Absolutely the best! :co_ol:
М. Плисецкая: "Пожалуй, Плющенко похож на Годунова. Тоже высокий, статный, эффектный, уверен в себе. Да и эти длинные развевающиеся на ветру и в пируэтах белые волосы. Такой же тип. И темперамент у него есть, и артистизм."
Дарина

Postby dominique » 17 May 2011, 22:45

Дарина wrote:dominique this year Loukas Giorkas was my favorite too! His voice is mesmerising! Absolutely the best! :co_ol:

HI, HI Darina!!!! :plush39: :plush39:
I am very glad you liked Loukas!! :a_g_a: :plush45:
This year was very emotional for us Greeks because there is great economic and political turmoil in our country and this song says exactly that: "even if I fall down, I will rise again".
I am sure our Russian friends can understand about socioeconomic difficulty...
Anyway, he has a BIG, BIG voice doesn't he?
THANKS DARINA!!! plush48
many kisses
dominique
dominique

Postby sosol » 21 May 2011, 04:00

Hi girls, long time no seeing!!!

:ts_ss: Miss you :ts_ss:

Eurovision isn't broadcasted here :-(
"He moved with grace, he entertained so naturally, no gesture out of place
His road in life was clearly drawn, he didn't hesitate
He played, they saw, he conquered as the master of his fate" - The Golden Boy - Freddie Mercury

Don't know Andre Matos? http://andre-coelho-matos.spaces.live.com
My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/solangeag1
sosol

Postby alysonshade » 24 May 2011, 17:00

So sad for you, Missouri! :-(

(Reuters) - A monster tornado killed at least 116 people in Joplin, Missouri when it tore through the heart of the small city, ripping the roof off a hospital and destroying thousands of homes and businesses.

alysonshade

PreviousNext

Return to Visitors' discussions