OFF topic.... any discussions

OFF topic in English

Re: OFF topic.... any discussions

Postby alysonshade » 06 Oct 2011, 13:41

Farewell, Steve...

(Reuters) Apple Inc co-founder and former CEO Steve Jobs, counted among the greatest American CEOs of his generation, died on Wednesday at the age of 56, after a years-long and highly public battle with a rare form of pancreatic cancer and other health issues.

"'You've got to find what you love. Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish"

The whole text of Steve Jobs speech at Stanford University, on June 12, 2005
http://news.stanford.edu/news/2005/june ... 61505.html

Today Google is commemorating Steve Jobs by a simple, shocking line: the date of his birth and death.

Yana tweet:
yanarudkovskaya
Погода испортилась, за окном все трещит и свистит, пошел дождь! Америка плачет по Стиву!

(The weather turned bad.. it began to rain! America is crying for Steve!)

alysonshade

Postby simona » 06 Oct 2011, 15:15

R.I.P. STEVE!

ImageImageImageImageImage

simona

Postby alysonshade » 12 Oct 2011, 18:07

Everybody wants to be a... Russian general! :hi_hi_hi:

Steve Payne created Replaceface to document his celebritizing of George Dawe's 17th-century Russian generals portraits. Steve is using digital copies of these Napoleon-era portraits for his work and incorporating his friends, family and celebrities into the distinguished busts.

http://design.org/blog/celebrities-russ ... teve-payne

Al Pacino
alysonshade

Postby alysonshade » 14 Oct 2011, 14:09

:plush27:

Tokyo, high radioactivity - Greenpeace warns

TOKYO – Greenpeace states that local authorities have reported that during an inspection levels were measured radioactivity of 3.35 microsievert per hour down a residential street in the district of Setagaya and 5.82 microsievert time in a children’s park in Funabashi, Chiba Prefecture. These new tests show that the dispersion of radioactive material leaked from the plant in Fukushima is wider and more serious than previously thought – says Salvatore Barbera, head of Greenpeace’s nuclear campaign of Italy – the fact that local authorities are trying to decontaminate the area using hydrants high pressure, the more scattering the radioactive material instead of removing it, is a sign that they have not received the necessary support from central government and that are operating without following the normal guidelinesin case of nuclear contamination. “
Greenpeace adds to believe "absurd" the intention of the Prime Minister Noda to restart nuclear reactor before it finishes the investigation on the causes and consequences of the three core meltdown seven months ago in the middle of Fukushima.
But according to the Japanese government, high levels of radioactivity recorded in Tokyo can not be correlated with the ‘Fukushima accident. According to the Minister of Science, the radiation was caused by the material stored in the basement of an apartment. The residents, the minister added, were informed that there is no threat to their health."

http://onewspaper.com/science/environme ... -6334.html

alysonshade

Postby alysonshade » 18 Oct 2011, 13:58

:plush27:

BEIJING — A Tibetan nun killed herself Monday by setting herself on fire in a Tibetan town in western China while calling for religious freedom and the return of the Dalai Lama, the exiled Tibetan spiritual leader, according to a statement by an advocacy group based in London. The nun, Tenzin Wangmo, 20, was the ninth Tibetan to commit self-immolation since March, the fifth of those to die, and the first Tibetan woman to kill herself in this way, said the group, Free Tibet. The self-immolations have all taken place in restive Tibetan areas of Sichuan Province. All the previous acts involved monks or former monks; the most recent one took place on Saturday, when a 19-year-old former monk from Kirti Monastery set himself on fire but lived. (...)

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/18/world ... otest.html
alysonshade

Postby alysonshade » 19 Oct 2011, 17:35

Mother of All Strikes: Greece grinds to halt for 48 hours!
"Greece is about to ‘close down’ from October 17 until October 21st, 2011 as several interest groups and unions will show their strong opposition to governmental economic policies like a tsunami of taxes and a storm of ages and pensions cuts.
The peak of the protests and strikes will be the 48-hour strike on Oct 19-20, with public and private sector unions to lay down work, but also shops will be closed. On Oct 19th the protest will take place at 11 am at Pedion Areos (Alexandras/Patision), on Oct 20th at 11 am at Syntagma Square."

http://www.keeptalkinggreece.com/2011/1 ... 7-21-2011/

alysonshade

Postby alysonshade » 19 Oct 2011, 17:55

"Police and Bailiffs are attempting to clear the UK's largest illegal travelers' site at Dale Farm in Essex this morning after a 10-year legal battle and a series of last-minute appeals. Bricks and debris were thrown at police 2 hours ago."

Screen-shot from Euronews video

alysonshade

Re: Picture Radio

Postby lala630312 » 26 Oct 2011, 22:02

alysonshade wrote:
To Administrators and listeners.
I'd like to close Picture Radio. After about one year, 100 pages and 1000 posts, it's time for something new.
If you Girls need a page where to post songs, you could open a new page/topic, with another name.
Hope you will understand my request.
Thank you. :-):

I'm so sorry. :-( If I had time, I listened to the Picture Radio. :plush34:
lala630312

Postby alysonshade » 27 Oct 2011, 12:02

lala630312 wrote:I'm so sorry. :-( If I had time, I listened to the Picture Radio. :plush34:

Don't be sorry, dear friend... "There's a time for everything", and now it's time for something new. :-):
I'd like the Administrators will ufficially close this topic with a red advise, or something similar... :-)
Thanks for your support, Lala! :plush40:
alysonshade

Postby cekoni » 27 Oct 2011, 15:15

alysonshade wrote:To Administrators and listeners.
I'd like to close Picture Radio. After about one year, 100 pages and 1000 posts, it's time for something new.
If you Girls need a page where to post songs, you could open a new page/topic, with another name.
Hope you will understand my request.
Thank you. :-):

I just can write to you again - DO NOT BE STUBBORN! :st_op: ... and do not repeat the mistakes from other forums. :plush34:
cekoni
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Visitors' discussions