OFF topic.... any discussions

OFF topic in English

Re: OFF topic.... any discussions

Postby sosol » 19 Apr 2010, 06:55

Hello Doll,

At least you live in a country where there are plenty of options on cable TV, and where you can find a Winter Olys t-shirt :mi_ga_et: Unlike me!

And yes, it seems it was yesterday that we were watching Evgeni on TV...time's passing way too quickly for my taste. I have a deadline in 2 months-time, I don't think I'll be able to make it...ugh!
"He moved with grace, he entertained so naturally, no gesture out of place
His road in life was clearly drawn, he didn't hesitate
He played, they saw, he conquered as the master of his fate" - The Golden Boy - Freddie Mercury

Don't know Andre Matos? http://andre-coelho-matos.spaces.live.com
My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/solangeag1
sosol

Postby Doll » 20 Apr 2010, 07:02

sosol wrote:Hello Doll,

At least you live in a country where there are plenty of options on cable TV, and where you can find a Winter Olys t-shirt :mi_ga_et: Unlike me!

And yes, it seems it was yesterday that we were watching Evgeni on TV...time's passing way too quickly for my taste. I have a deadline in 2 months-time, I don't think I'll be able to make it...ugh!

Hello Sosol.
Where I live it's too hot. I am not fond of living in the South. Not much opportunity. At least not here in San Antonio...but I have decided that life is too short to stress. I can't afford to.

What deadline do you have? Are you alright?

Doll :plush45:
Doll

Postby cekoni » 20 Apr 2010, 08:52

Doll wrote:It was so very nice outside today. I was thinking about how quickly the winter disappeared. Seems like only yesterday I was watching the Olympics. I was sad that it was over. Especially since I don't live in an area where I can see ice skating on a more frequent basis....

What is the temperature in San Antonio, during summer? :du_ma_et: I think that I saw San Antonio only in cowboy movies, and that as a burning fiery desert :hi_hi_hi:
cekoni
Administrator

Postby sosol » 21 Apr 2010, 21:42

Doll, the deadline is for me to write at least one chapter of my thesis. I already have 40 pages written, but they're only good enough for a garbage-can :ny_tik:

Yeah, too much heat sucks, but didn't you get used to it by now (or have you lived in the South for a short time?)? I don't function well during hot days, but I'm allergic to air-conditioners,and,after having spent 3 months in the northern winter (the lowest temperature was -45 celsius, the "hottest" was -10!!!! :-) ), I reconsidered and I think I actually like hot weather ::yaz-yk:
"He moved with grace, he entertained so naturally, no gesture out of place
His road in life was clearly drawn, he didn't hesitate
He played, they saw, he conquered as the master of his fate" - The Golden Boy - Freddie Mercury

Don't know Andre Matos? http://andre-coelho-matos.spaces.live.com
My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/solangeag1
sosol

Postby Doll » 22 Apr 2010, 06:33

cekoni wrote:
Doll wrote:It was so very nice outside today. I was thinking about how quickly the winter disappeared. Seems like only yesterday I was watching the Olympics. I was sad that it was over. Especially since I don't live in an area where I can see ice skating on a more frequent basis....

What is the temperature in San Antonio, during summer? :du_ma_et: I think that I saw San Antonio only in cowboy movies, and that as a burning fiery desert :hi_hi_hi:

LOL! You aren't too far from the truth Cekoni. No, we are a big city, but it has a small town attitude. Last summer we had over 38 degrees Celsius for three months straight. We don't actually have cowboys running around. and there aren't horse driven carriages riding along the streets either. ha ha!
When I come to visit, should I always dress warmly or do you have HOT summers too? :plush45:
Doll

Postby Doll » 22 Apr 2010, 06:35

sosol wrote:Doll, the deadline is for me to write at least one chapter of my thesis. I already have 40 pages written, but they're only good enough for a garbage-can :ny_tik:

Yeah, too much heat sucks, but didn't you get used to it by now (or have you lived in the South for a short time?)? I don't function well during hot days, but I'm allergic to air-conditioners,and,after having spent 3 months in the northern winter (the lowest temperature was -45 celsius, the "hottest" was -10!!!! :-) ), I reconsidered and I think I actually like hot weather ::yaz-yk:

I have lived in the South for most of my life. I don't know if it has to do with the fact that my heritage is Irish. I am not meant for this heat. LOL!

I am sure you are too hard on yourself Sosol. We are our own worst critics. What is your topic?
Doll

Postby cekoni » 22 Apr 2010, 08:05

Doll wrote:LOL! You aren't too far from the truth Cekoni. No, we are a big city, but it has a small town attitude. Last summer we had over 38 degrees Celsius for three months straight. We don't actually have cowboys running around. and there aren't horse driven carriages riding along the streets either. ha ha!
When I come to visit, should I always dress warmly or do you have HOT summers too? :plush45:

I know, cowboy films is dealing with the past :-) ... I just always loved the type of "romantic" heroes, as Wyatt Earp and "Doc" Holliday Image :hi_hi_hi:

... we're, like - a "temperate continental climate", but last summers, under the influence of these famous "climate changes" here is already from May through 30 degrees, during summer and 35 - I not used on to, I do not like that! :is_te_ri_ka: :goria_cho: ... rather I can stand the cold and winter :wo)(ll: Image

ImageImage
cekoni
Administrator

Postby AnyaNikolaievna » 22 Apr 2010, 08:08

Hi guys!
Talk about a nightmare. The reason I was not online until now is because my monitor crashed. Anyway now I have another and that should be fine LOL just wanted to give everyone a heads-up!

Why didn't Zhenya go to Worlds? Too injured or busy with his tour?
"Show what you are capable of!" -- Evgeni Plushenko

"Was there ever a man who loved, who loved not at first sight?" -- Christopher Marlowe
AnyaNikolaievna

Postby cekoni » 22 Apr 2010, 08:26

AnyaNikolaievna wrote:Hi guys!
Talk about a nightmare. The reason I was not online until now is because my monitor crashed. Anyway now I have another and that should be fine LOL just wanted to give everyone a heads-up!

Why didn't Zhenya go to Worlds? Too injured or busy with his tour?

Hi Anya, I'm glad you're back! :plush40:

Doctors forbides to Zhenya's to perform Quad jumps (he had a strenuous training after the Olympics and the burden his knee) and he decided, if can not jump a quads - he will not go to the competition (on the shows can make smaller jumps) :mi_ga_et:
1 May he will have 2 surgery - meniscus and Achilles' heel in Germany :plush47: :plush45:
cekoni
Administrator

Postby AnyaNikolaievna » 22 Apr 2010, 09:25

GOOD DECISION from the doctors and Evgeni! That's very sad though. I feel very bad for him. I hope he will recover well from the surgeries. Very sad though. Tough to come back only to be injured again. My heart goes out to him.

This should cheer him up. This is a funny video I uploaded today. I filmed it during the Olympics but never got around to posting it till now!

Malenkaya Congratulates Plushenko!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zeLzeBvgk0

I myself have been having some DREADFUL problems here. In addition to my monitor breaking, my VCR also broke and most of my performances of Zhenya are on VHS, so guess what I had to do without for now! Sadly, that's the least of my problems.

Mom is doing a lot better. I know a lot of people here are concerned for her and so I wanted to let everyone know that she is doing better. She had a procedure done a few weeks ago, getting stints in her leg. In a few weeks she will get some in her other leg. As usual I've been helping her out, going to the store for her and whatnot.

My sister had a breakdown a few weeks ago. Long story, but she is forbidden from coming here again and none of us want anything to do with her. Sad, but true, and she has a birthday next Tuesday too.

Well, that's all I wanted to say for now. I hope Zhenya feels better and recuperates well from the surgeries. God bless him, poor thing.
"Show what you are capable of!" -- Evgeni Plushenko

"Was there ever a man who loved, who loved not at first sight?" -- Christopher Marlowe
AnyaNikolaievna

PreviousNext

Return to Visitors' discussions