Russian news translated into English

Любим! Надеемся! Верим!
We love you! We believe in you!

Re: Russian news translated into English

Postby aysu » 30 May 2010, 08:04

...His coach Alexei Mishin was more polite...

:plush43: They are talking about "politeness" ?!? ::yaz-yk:
Just protect your precious skaters like the way others do. :-(

Nice pictures btw...finger again :-)
aysu

Postby cekoni » 11 Jun 2010, 09:59

:plush34:

News about the possible absence of Zhenya's at the Mishin's summer camps outside of Russia.... here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6&start=370#p30681
cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 18 Jun 2010, 10:49

source - http://nvspb.ru/tops/evgeniy-plyushchen ... eeva-42709
translation - "aboutademongirl" from http://community.livejournal.com/ontd_s ... #t85487383

Evgeni Plushenko: “My disqualification is Piseev's revenge.”

2006 Olympic champion and Vancouver Olympics vice-champion Evgeni Plushenko has begun training after a short break, however, he does not rule out the possibility that he will only perform in shows this season. He blames the leaders of the Russian Figure Skating Federation for this. He talked to a NV correspondent about this.

- Evgeni, are you already preparing new programs for the upcoming season?

- So far, only on the level of ideas. I have begun training, but I'm already behind in the schedule; I can't say which competitions I'll start with.

- Why are you not fulfilling your training plan?

- I had planned a sports meet in Italy, starting on June 14th, which, unfortunately, I had to turn down – the Federation refused to pay for it. My trainer, Alexander Mishin, was told: let Plushenko go and buy the tickets himself, and during the meet we [Mishin + Plushenko] would be paid 21 dollars a day. But how can we exist on that sum in Europe? And it's incomprehensible, why on earth should our daily allowance should be paid in dollars, and not in euros? Think about it: how much a hotel room costs, and we need to eat well. These are all trivialities, of course, but they cause unpleasant problems. That's why I said I wouldn't go to the sports meet if the Federation's position didn't change. I'm ready to slave without weekends for three years until the Sochi Olympics, but only if our whole system of figure skating changes. I want bureaucrats to finally start treating trainers and sportsmen with respect.

- In your opinion, will anything change with the election of Alexander Gorshkov as the new President of the Federation?
- I wouldn't want things to stay as they were before, so no one asks: “Why didn't we win the Olympic Games?!” I'm not hiding that, right now, in our vein of sports the situation is lamentable, and, while it's not too late, a change is needed.

- Are you still bothered by the trauma, because of which you couldn't take part in the World Championships in Turin?
- I had two micro-operations in Germany: my spinal nerves were cauterised. Then 8 injections were made into my ankle joint, and I still need to have injections done in both my knee joints. Nevertheless, I feel good and ready to train.

- You were threatened with disqualification, because you didn't go to the WC. Has this problem been resolved?
- A meeting will soon take place in the ISU, and, just maybe, I will actually be disqualified. I mean, I don't know who will be defending my interests. We have talked about this with Anton Sikharulidze, we thought that he would become the Federation President, and the problem could be solved. But Gorshkov was chosen, and I have not yet talked with him. It should not be forgotten that the General Director of the Federation is Valentin Piseev. To all intents and purposes, he is still the one who makes the decisions. That's why I think that things will stay the same as they were before the Vancouver Games. We need to put young, energetic people at the wheel, people who understand what they are doing and why they are doing it, who are not just wearing out the seats of their pants. We need to keep pace with time. Everyone moved on to computers and cell phones a long time ago. I mean no offence to David Avdysh, who is not only my choreographer, but also a very close friend, when I tell the story of how I taught him to use a mobile. I bought him a phone, paid for the connection, and made him carry it all the time. Avdysh kept forgetting it at home, until he understood what a convenient thing it was. I repeat once again: we need to develop, to progress. By the way, I don't know a single sportsman who likes Piseev.

- You're not afraid of saying such things, even though you know that Piseev begrudges criticism of himself?

- And he's punishing me for my words. You think they want to disqualify me for nothing? It's revenge, because I asked the President of Russia, Dmitry Medvedev, to take the work of our Federation under his control. Moreover, I myself hold grudges for a very long time. And I haven't forgotten that no one fought for me in Vancouver.

- It is thought that [Russian] figure skaters ought to get two golds in Sochi.
- Seriously?

- One of the golds is planned to be yours. 

- Oh, I don't know. I'm aiming for a fight, but we'll see when we're there.

- It'll be a shame if Evan Lysacek doesn't go to Sochi, and you won't be able to get your revenge on him for Vancouver. 

- For me, the important thing is to win a medal in Sochi; what quality [type] medal is unimportant. If I end up with a medal, I'll become unattainable for other sportsmen for many, many years, and that is indeed what I want. I dream of doing what no one has ever done in figure skating.

---------------------------------------------------------

:plush34:

it might be interesting to all, to read what not only Plushy's "non-Russian" fans, than and people which is in general and not are Plushy's fans think about this shameful behavior of Russian sports officials (Piseev), according to a legend of world sport, such as is Plushy
http://community.livejournal.com/ontd_s ... 3#comments
cekoni
Administrator

Postby Kudryavka » 18 Jun 2010, 14:06

cekoni wrote:Evgeni Plushenko: “My disqualification is Piseev's revenge.”

Thank you cekoni :plush40:

I translated it into Japanese. Everyone say "incomprehensible" :plush43:
He didn't compete for three years, but as soon as I saw him, I knew that there was a true Olympic Champion on the ice. - Takahiko Kozuka, Rostelecom Cup 2009
Kudryavka

Postby Dark Star » 18 Jun 2010, 14:35

This really makes me feel sick. It ´s incredible. :plush29:

But I´m glad to read that he is not fixed on a gold medal in Sotchi. Every medal would be wonderful.
Dark Star

Postby dominique » 18 Jun 2010, 14:42

:plush36: You feel the same way too?? I think we all feel this way. Especially the part where he says that noone fought for him in Vancouver, it's ....i don't have words for this. :plush27:
Internal affairs is the absolute disaster of good and genuine athletes. If the federation and bureaucrats don't wake up and embrace the good athletes they are in for an unpleasant surprise at Sochi.
Plushy we are with you and YOU ARE THE BEST!!! :ro_za:
dominique
dominique

Postby cekoni » 24 Jul 2010, 04:59

http://www.forbesrussia.ru/ekonomika-pa ... om=button1

Forbes has made a rating of 50 richest and famous stars of Russia 2010

Top Ten

* 1. Maria Sharapova
* 2. Alla Pugacheva
* 3. Alexander Ovechkin
* 4. Ksenia Sobchak
* 5. Andrei Arshavin
* 6. Dima Bilan
* 7. Philip Khirkorov
* 8. Evgeni Plushenko :plush45: :plush46:
* 9. Grigory Leps
* 10. Valeria

http://www.forbesrussia.ru/rating/50-zv ... yushchenko

Evgeni Plushenko
Incomes ($ million) 1,6
Area: Figure Skating
Number of references in paper media: 279
Searches in Yandex ("Russian Google"): 878,333

Watch the full version of the rating 50 Russian stars by Forbes:
http://www.forbesrussia.ru/rating/50-zvezd/2010

-------------------------------------------

http://www.forbesrussia.ru/ekonomika-sl ... ezd-forbes

10 most successful athletes in the Russian star rating - 2010
football, hockey players, figure skaters and one of the world-famous tennis player

In the top ten celebrities Forbes represented four athletes (in list all of them - 14). Their position in the table are due primarily to higher income. In the list of leaders in the number of references in paper media includes only two athletes - Andrei Arshavin and Evgeni Plushenko (which, rather, properly called a world star) , but in the top 10 by number of searches in Yandex is none athlete.

But athletes has almost half of incomes of the top 50 Russian stars - $ 78.5 million. The main part or the entire income the majority of sports stars, consists of wages in the club or the prize money. Only a few athletes with advertising contracts cover a significant share of total income: it is primarily Maria Sharapova, Andrei Arshavin and Yelena Isinbayeva.

cekoni
Administrator

Postby sosol » 24 Jul 2010, 18:10

Forbes, huh?? Wow...impressive. I'm so happy he's on that list, and also Yelena Isinbayeva, I love her too :-):
"He moved with grace, he entertained so naturally, no gesture out of place
His road in life was clearly drawn, he didn't hesitate
He played, they saw, he conquered as the master of his fate" - The Golden Boy - Freddie Mercury

Don't know Andre Matos? http://andre-coelho-matos.spaces.live.com
My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/solangeag1
sosol

Postby wyldkard » 09 Sep 2023, 17:35

wyldkard

PreviousNext

Return to Всё о Жене || Everything about Evgeni