OFF topic.... any discussions

OFF topic in English

Re: OFF topic.... any discussions

Postby let`s talk » 08 Sep 2011, 18:24

That is just awful!!! :plush27: :plush27: :plush27: It's the biggest avia tragedy with Soviet-Russian athlets. Two previous ones took place: 1.in 1950, 11 ice hokey players were killed, 2. in 1979, 17 football players were killed, and now this one, #3. 26 players were killed, plus Lokomotiv staffs and the air crew.

The worst part is this tragedy became world famous because it hits the list of world accidents with athlets invloved. In fact the number of air accidents is too high in modern Russia. It makes me mad :plush43: . Most of them are not internationally known.
"Осторожно! Фанатка ЕП и ДТ" (weir.ru about let`s talk)
let`s talk

Postby alysonshade » 08 Sep 2011, 19:53

After Yana, also Zhenya tweeted about yesterday's plane crash:

1 hour ago from EvgeniPlushenko:
Мои искренние соболезнования всем родным, близким погибших и болельщикам ярославского Локомотива. Вы навсегда в наших сердцах! Вечная память

Translation:
"My sincere condolences to all relatives, friends of the victims and supporters of the Yaroslavl Lokomotiv. You are forever in our hearts! Eternal memory"
alysonshade

Postby alysonshade » 09 Sep 2011, 18:14

Here is the speech President Obama delivered to Congress September 8, 2011 about the American Jobs Act.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/politics ... ept-8-2011
alysonshade

Postby alysonshade » 10 Sep 2011, 13:02

Goodbye, Lokomotiv! Video of heartbreaking farewell ceremony on ice

"A heart-stirring requiem mass has taken place at the Minsk ice hockey arena, where this evening local side Dynamo were supposed to take on Lokomotiv Yaroslavl, the team which tragically died in Wednesday's plane crash. All tickets for the game had been sold long before the tragedy. Soon after the sad news spread worldwide, the game's organizers decided to arrange a mass at the arena, honoring the legacy of the team. Not a single ticket had been returned as the ceremony was held in the packed arena. Each spectator brought flowers. All the Belarusian leadership, including President Aleksandr Lukashenko, were present at the event. Never was the arena that silent as 37 huge portraits of the players and staff were placed on the ice. A requiem mass was performed by an orchestra, while portraits of the departed Yaroslavl friends and icons appeared on the scoreboard. Each picture was met with a storm of applause, after which the Dynamo players scored a puck each in their own net. Similar ceremonies were held on Thursday evening in a dozen Russian and CIS cities." (Russia Today)

alysonshade

Postby alysonshade » 11 Sep 2011, 19:49

Russia, my congratulations for winning the Golden Lion at 2011 Venice Film Festival! :bra_vo:

"Faust" by Aleksander Sokurov

Among the winners - decided by a jury led by U.S. director Darren Aronofsky - we can find also China (Silver Lion for "People Mountain People Sea" by Shangjun Cai), Honk Hong (Best Actress Deanie Ip for "A Simple Life"), Japan (Emerging Performer Shota Sometani and Fumi Nikaidou for "Himizu") and Greece (Best Screenplay "Alpis" by Yorgos Lanthimos). :co_ol:

alysonshade

Postby Doll » 13 Sep 2011, 05:15

Hello everyone. It's been a long time. I haven't been around much at all. :smu:sche_nie: I hope you are all doing well. I am hoping to come around more often.
Hugs to you all!
Becky :plush45:

These users thanked the author Doll for the post:
lala630312 (26 Sep 2011, 23:41)
Rating: 4.17%

Doll

Postby alysonshade » 15 Sep 2011, 12:27

Doll wrote:Hello everyone. It's been a long time. I haven't been around much at all. :smu:sche_nie: I hope you are all doing well. I am hoping to come around more often.
Hugs to you all!
Becky :plush45:

Hello Becky! Welcome back! Nice to hear from you! :pri_vet:-:
alysonshade

Postby alysonshade » 26 Sep 2011, 12:34

Hi Folks! Do you like my new avatar? :-):

alysonshade

Postby lodochka » 26 Sep 2011, 20:56

alysonshade wrote:Hi Folks! Do you like my new avatar? :-):

Perfect. In this leather jacket, with smile he (you) is (are) so-o-oo cute.
But I very, very love your former avatar. And I miss it. That image reflected wise person. I can’t forget the attitude, eyes, glance, and curly hair. :sh_ок: Meditative, thoughtful, romantic person looked at us. It seems to me you are the person like that, because, as rule, your comments always are clever, essential and precise. It is pleasure to read them. Moreover… When you try to write in Russian some words or not long phrases, you do it without any mistakes or with minor ones! (I am Russian girl, trying to study English). As in English, in Russian your posts sound beautiful too!
Your attendance on Plushy’ forum makes this forum rich. I appreciate! Thank you.
With love…. :gir_l-fri_end: Have a good day, Alyson! :son-ce:
lodochka

Postby alysonshade » 27 Sep 2011, 11:37

lodochka wrote:Perfect. In this leather jacket, with smile he (you) is (are) so-o-oo cute.
But I very, very love your former avatar. And I miss it. That image reflected wise person. I can’t forget the attitude, eyes, glance, and curly hair. :sh_ок: Meditative, thoughtful, romantic person looked at us. It seems to me you are the person like that, because, as rule, your comments always are clever, essential and precise. It is pleasure to read them. Moreover… When you try to write in Russian some words or not long phrases, you do it without any mistakes or with minor ones! (I am Russian girl, trying to study English). As in English, in Russian your posts sound beautiful too!
Your attendance on Plushy’ forum makes this forum rich. I appreciate! Thank you.
With love…. :gir_l-fri_end: Have a good day, Alyson! :son-ce:

Oh My Girls, Lodochka!!! :sh_ок: :sh_ок: :sh_ок:
I'm speechless!!! :plush32:
Thank you very much indeed! :plush40: :plush40: :plush40: :plush40: :plush40:
alysonshade

PreviousNext

Return to Visitors' discussions