Женя и его тренер А.Н.Мишин || Evgeni and his coach Mishin

Любим! Надеемся! Верим!
We love you! We believe in you!

Re: Женя и его тренер А.Н.Мишин || Evgeni and his coach Mish

Postby caseddy » 14 Oct 2011, 20:11

cekoni wrote:
caseddy wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6gtwKUEj3E

Just for the press? Don't see anyone but Gachinski and Plushenko with Mishin. Pre worlds.

I thought that you talking about a recent video :mi_ga_et:

I knew it. I thought you would have seen that before but had to post what I was talking about.

These users thanked the author caseddy for the post:
simona (04 Nov 2011, 23:16)
Rating: 4.17%

caseddy

Postby cekoni » 04 Nov 2011, 22:51

Text by our friend Pia! :plush45: ... mostly about Mihin and interview with Gachi :mi_ga_et:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.absoluteskating.com/index.ph ... ngachinski
November 4, 2011
By Ia Remmel
Photos © Ia Remmel, Mauro Binelli, Scanpix

The story behind success: Mishin’s and Gachinski’s season preparation

During the summer young figure skaters are often occupied with various training camps. They visit different training environments across the world instead of the ones they are used to.

Alexei Mishin, one of the most famous figure skating coaches, picked Jaca in Spain, Tartu in Estonia and Pinzolo in Italy as training grounds for this summer. Professor Mishin believes that having a variety of different training locations has a positive effect on athletes as a change in the environment can give the skaters renewed drive and help them break out of their usual routine.

The session in Tartu took place from the 28th of June until the 10th of July. Tartu, a small university town by a river, provided the camp with a positive training environment and with quaint and peaceful atmosphere. The sessions took place in Tartu’s new ice rink that is located in a large shopping center. There were many children among the trainees, including both small children as well as Mishin’s star pupils Artur Gachinski and Liza Tuktamysheva. A talented young Estonian skater Sindra Kriisa was also at the camp. Evgeni Plushenko, one of the biggest stars who recently returned to competitive figure skating, has also trained at that rink.

Just like in the last several years, the camp was organized by an Estonian Kersti Kull. She herself has long been involved in skating, with her daughter Sindra as an aspiring young figure skater. As to why Mishin chose Tartu as one of his training grounds, she said that professor Mishin had always had good connections with Estonia, having competed here a long time ago and thus remembering many former Estonian figure skaters. According to her, another reason was Tartu’s new and comfortable ice arena, which Mishin found quite suitable. The final factor was Tartu’s close proximity to Russia, which meant that it was easier and less costly for the young skaters to get to the camp. Figure skating can be an expensive sport and a burden on the wallets of the parents of young figure skaters, so it is good to save money on training camps whenever possible.

Kersti Kull also shed some light on the training schedule. The skaters started at 8 o’clock. After 30 minutes of warm-up and stretching they had a technical training panel guided by Mishin. After that they practiced jumps on the floor, guided by Mishin’s pupil Igor Novodran. According to Kersti Kull, Mishin has been known to emphasize the importance of this part of the training, having once claimed that pupils unable to jump on the floor will not be able to do that on the ice either.

After that it was time for a lunch break. During this part of the schedule the trainees rested from the often exhausting training sessions and some younger children even took naps. They started again at 3 p.m. with a combined training session focusing on basic step sequences and spins. Later the younger skaters would work on choreography and take ballet lessons. Finally, the training involved sessions at the gym, massages and swimming. Working with them this year were two choreographers – David Avdish, Plushenko’s choreographer, and Georgi Kovtun. In Jaca they also had a third choreographer – American Tom Dickson. In the third camp Pinzolo was joined by Stéphane Lambiel, who worked on choreography, step sequences, transitions and spins. Kersti Kull commends Lambiel for the inspiration he gave to the team, saying that he did a good job motivating the students and instructing them by using examples. Overall Kersti Kull praised the mood at the camp, saying that all the children and their parents were like a friendly family who provided each other support.

Kersti Kull also elaborated on the way that Mishin works. She said that Mishin prefers to base his training on his own experience but also science. He often works with his friend, scientist Alexander Shapiro. Mr. Shapiro measures the precision, the speed and the efficiency of the skaters’ movements, looking for ways to help them improve. Mishin is also known to value team work and appreciate the people that he works with. Members of his team include his wife Tatyana Mishina, his former pupils Oleg Tataurov and Igor Novodran and also Svetlana Veretennikova, Svetlana Prokofjeva and Sergei Yugarov.

When it comes to the countries of origin of the skaters at the camp, Kersti Kull said that many children were from Russia but that in Jaca there were also young skaters from Belgium, Spain, Sweden, England, and Scotland, such as Ira Vannut and Jorik Hendrickx, Javier Fernandez, Javier Raya and Sonia Lafuente, Alexander Majorov, Harry Mattick and many others.

Estonian hope Sindra Kriisa has already attended Mishin’s camps before. She said that it is always a great opportunity to take part in such a camp and work with a great coach like Mishin. According to her, the atmosphere is always positive at the camp, with Mishin being a friendly, calm and good-humored coach; although, he can also be strict when necessary. Sindra Kriisa started out as a rhythmic gymnast but became involved in figure skating through her mother. Even though she now focuses on figure skating, she still uses some elements from rhythmic gymnastics in her exhibition number. Her great model is Liza Tuktamysheva, who was also at Mishin’s camp; her other idols include Carolina Kostner and Sarah Meier. Her coach is Sanna Remes from Finland who has been based in Tartu for some time now. Sindra’s current programs are choreographed by Georgi Kovtun and Tom Dickson, including a short program with tango elements and a free program to Spanish music. Her aim for the new season is to do well in the Junior Grand Prix series and at the Estonian Championships. Her goals after that depend on her results at the Estonian Championships.

18-year-old Russian Artur Gachinski is one of professor Mishin’s star pupils. He has set clear aims for his career and is totally concentrated during his training session, letting nothing distract him. However, this doesn’t prevent him from joking around and being a normal 18-year-old guy. His hobbies are reading, music and video games. However, due to his dedication to figure skating, he doesn’t have much leisure time. His mother is a painter – perhaps this type of drive originates from her and has influenced him to become deeply involved in figure skating, which is closely connected with art.

Many say that he might be the “next Plushenko”. He takes this calmly, saying that although they train with the same coach, they are different skaters with a different style.

What was the secret of your successful season?
- No secrets. I just worked hard with my coach Alexei Nikolaevich Mishin. I had very good and suitable programs with good music choices, especially my long program to Shostakovitch’s music from the ballet Bolt.

Expectations of you are very high now. How do you plan your future development?
- I have to work thoroughly on all elements: step sequences, spins, transitions. I want to add new jumps to my arsenal. Right now we are working on quad Salchow and quad loop.

How do they come off?
- Quite successfully so far. I do them regularly in practice.

It is generally known that there are many skaters who are able to perform rare quad jumps like the Salchow, the loop or the Lutz in practice but during competitions we seldom see quad jumps other than the toe loop. How do you hope to succeed with the new quads in competitions?
- We see these so rarely because in the competition skaters experience severe stress and high responsibility. These quad jumps are very risky and you lose valuable points if you fail. That’s why people rarely try them and use safer elements.

Who choreographed your programs for the new season?
- My current programs are choreographed by an American choreographer Tom Dickson and a Russian choreographer Georgi Kovtun.

What music have you chosen for your programs?
- My short will be to jazz music and I havený chosen any motif for it yet. My long program is to the music from Interview with the Vampire and Bram Stoker's Dracula. The choreography is difficult but the motifs of the program inspire me a lot. [He portrays a demon who has been stranded on Earth. During his tribulations he meets a girl and falls in love with her. He is faced with the inner struggle of taking the girl with him or die – and in the end he chooses to die. - ed]
The ideas for both programs came from Tom Dickson. They are a work in progress; there will be changes in the order of elements.

This isn’t your first time working with Dickson, is it?
- No, he also choreographed my short programs a couple of years ago.

Alexei Mishin is one of the best and most famous coaches in the world. How does he help you when problems arise with technical elements?
- He always keeps calm and calms me down, shows me what I am doing wrong. Sometimes he analyzes my jumps on the video. We watch them together and he shows me where I made mistakes.

Figure skating is a sport where there are a lot of psychological factors. How does your coach help you psychologically?
- He just explains to me that there is nothing to fear. If you have done your job properly, you know what to do and you just have to go on the ice and realize it.

I read in some of your previous interviews that you are especially calm and never panic. How do you manage to do that?
- That’s just the way I am. I keep a calm attitude in every competition and try not to panic.

How did you get involved in figure skating? Was it yours or your parents’ decision?
- I was six years old when my parents brought me to an ice rink. I enjoyed skating then and enjoy it now.

Who among the skaters has been your idol and inspired you?
- That has always been Evgeni Plushenko.

Do you remember the moment when you first showed your skating skills to Mishin? Was it an anxious moment?
- I don’t remember being very anxious. Alexei Nikolaevich talked with my parents and apparently he saw some potential in me since he accepted me as his pupil. During the first few years I trained with his wife Tatyana Nikolajevna, later on he started to coach me himself.

In your opinion, how does Plushenko’s comeback influence the figure skating world?
- Hard to say, we have to see how he does in competitions.

When it comes to your opponents, current world champion Patrick Chan seems to be invincible at the moment…
- No one is invincible, everyone can be beaten. He is very good - so to beat him, you have to become better. You have to work very hard, improve all the elements. Hard work is the key.

His skating significantly improved during his cooperation with Stéphane Lambiel [in preparation for the season] where they worked with Gachinski's sliding and spins. Stéphane also gave advice in choreography and movements.
Gachinski is now facing his first Grand Prix competition, the Cup of China. He has already competed at the Japan Open, also with Patrick Chan where his score was 152,71 versus Chan’s 159,93. It seems Gachinski’s hard work has paid off.

---------------------------------

There you have few more pics :mi_ga_et:
cekoni
Administrator

Postby Вера » 12 Nov 2011, 10:01

С каким уважением и любовью Мишин говорит о Жене. :-):

Интервью с А. Н. Мишиным. 3 ноября 2011. О Жене с 16.18

Он работает сейчас так, как никогда в жизни, с такой целеустремленностью, с такой самоотдачей, с таким скурпулезным выполнением всех режимов спортивной тренировки...
Уважаемые любители фигурного катания! .. Женя Плющенко жив! Как фигурист :plush41:

These users thanked the author Вера for the post:
Таня (15 Nov 2011, 02:18)

Вера
Администратор

Postby Kudryavka » 12 Nov 2011, 11:04

:plush47: Translation(only part of Zhenya), Пожалуйста :smu:sche_nie:
He didn't compete for three years, but as soon as I saw him, I knew that there was a true Olympic Champion on the ice. - Takahiko Kozuka, Rostelecom Cup 2009

These users thanked the author Kudryavka for the post:
lala630312 (12 Nov 2011, 18:00)

Kudryavka

Postby Вера » 13 Nov 2011, 16:59

Kudryavka wrote:Translation(only part of Zhenya), Пожалуйста

Интервью с А. Н. Мишиным. 3 ноября 2011. О Жене с 16.18
(Mishin's interview 03.11.2011, about Plushy from 16:18"):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm7Z0Sfds38

Kudryavka, I can only through Google
Вокруг имени Евгения есть очень много различных мнений. Некоторые специалисты (в кавычках ) с известной долей недоброжелательности говорят: "Ну что он там тренируется, к новым показательным выступлениям?!" Мне бы хотелось, чтобы с большим уважением относились к той деятельности, которую проводит Женя. Это самоотверженная работа. Он работает сейчас так, как никогда в жизни, с такой целеустремленностью, с такой самоотдачей, с таким исключительно скурпулезным выполнением всех режимов спортивной тренировки. И чтобы не давать неоправданных обещаний, я могу так сформулировать его состояние сегодня:
Дорогие любители фигурного катания! Уважаемые жители Санкт-Петербурга! Женя Плющенко жив! Как фигурист .

Translation
Around the name of Evgeni has a lot of different opinions. Some experts (in quotes) with a certain degree of ill will say, "So, he training for new shows?!" I would like to see bigger respect to the activities which Evgeni conducts He works now as never before, with such dedication, with such extremely meticulous implementation in all modes of sports training. And not to give undue promises, I can formulate his status today:
Dear fans of figure skating! Dear residents of St. Petersburg! Zhenya Plushenko's alive! As a figure skater.

These users thanked the author Вера for the post (total 7):
Kudryavka (15 Nov 2011, 07:28) • Sakura (14 Nov 2011, 12:24) • Searcher16 (14 Nov 2011, 11:29) • cekoni (13 Nov 2011, 22:48) • lala630312 (13 Nov 2011, 20:43) • simona (13 Nov 2011, 19:11) • lovplush (13 Nov 2011, 18:40)
Rating: 29.17%

Вера
Администратор

Postby Вера » 14 Nov 2011, 22:04

http://vppress.ru/stories/Mefistofel-s- ... taze-12280

Евгений Плющенко
Яна Рудковская убеждена: даже с лангеткой на руке ее супруг будет кататься обворожительно — если захочет. Но захочет ли? В окружении спортсмена уверяют: да, он очень хочет. По словам наставника Плющенко Алексея Мишина, Евгений подготовил к новому сезону две программы — короткую на попурри из мелодий в исполнении Ванессы Мэй и произвольную под «Танго» своего любимого Эдвина Мартона. Правда, пока без четверных прыжков. И даже «уникальная концепция возвращения в большой спорт» разработана. «Если первый раз это было ударом — пришел, увидел, победил, исчез, — то сейчас подготовка рассчитана на три сезона», — разъяснил суть концепции Мишин.
Вера
Администратор

Postby clairdelalune » 14 Nov 2011, 22:47

Вера wrote:http://vppress.ru/stories/Mefistofel-s-Faustom-soshlis-v-ekstaze-12280

Евгений Плющенко
Яна Рудковская убеждена: даже с лангеткой на руке ее супруг будет кататься обворожительно — если захочет. Но захочет ли? В окружении спортсмена уверяют: да, он очень хочет. По словам наставника Плющенко Алексея Мишина, Евгений подготовил к новому сезону две программы — короткую на попурри из мелодий в исполнении Ванессы Мэй и произвольную под «Танго» своего любимого Эдвина Мартона. Правда, пока без четверных прыжков. И даже «уникальная концепция возвращения в большой спорт» разработана. «Если первый раз это было ударом — пришел, увидел, победил, исчез, — то сейчас подготовка рассчитана на три сезона», — разъяснил суть концепции Мишин.

:sh_ок: :kli_ny:
What??? Evgeni will skate again to Tango by Edvin Marton????? Are you sure???? :plush30:
ImageImage
clairdelalune

Postby Дарина » 14 Nov 2011, 23:04

Вера wrote:http://vppress.ru/stories/Mefistofel-s-Faustom-soshlis-v-ekstaze-12280

Евгений Плющенко

According to the article, Mishin said: this season Evgeni will skate SP to Vanessa Mae medley and FP to Tango by Edwin Marton. His new programs are ready, however "still without quad jumps".

:plush38: So probably El tango de Roxanne was arranged by Marton? The article looks like mix of some old interviews and tweets, I don't trust it, but I would be happy to see Evgeni skate to Vanessa Mae (Storm or something like that :co_ol: )
М. Плисецкая: "Пожалуй, Плющенко похож на Годунова. Тоже высокий, статный, эффектный, уверен в себе. Да и эти длинные развевающиеся на ветру и в пируэтах белые волосы. Такой же тип. И темперамент у него есть, и артистизм."

These users thanked the author Дарина for the post (total 5):
cekoni (15 Nov 2011, 11:09) • Kudryavka (15 Nov 2011, 07:27) • Sakura (15 Nov 2011, 03:17) • simona (15 Nov 2011, 02:24) • lala630312 (15 Nov 2011, 00:00)
Rating: 20.83%

Дарина

Postby lala630312 » 15 Nov 2011, 00:18

Do you remember Sarynka's reports from Pinzolo? She wrote the SP's music is very very good. :mi_ga_et: Seems I was right, when i quoted what Edvin said on hungarian RTL Club chanel. :a_g_a:

These users thanked the author lala630312 for the post:
simona (15 Nov 2011, 03:02)

lala630312

Postby simona » 15 Nov 2011, 02:40

Дарина wrote:
I would be happy to see Evgeni skate to Vanessa Mae
( Storm or something like that :co_ol: )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EHhxPF1 ... re=related

ImageImageImageImageImage

simona

PreviousNext

Return to Всё о Жене || Everything about Evgeni