Мужчины || Men

Другие фигуристы, различные фигурнокатательные мероприятия || Other skaters and events without Evgeni

Re: Мужчины || Men

Postby cekoni » 02 Nov 2011, 14:46

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article. ... y=ice_news

Brian Joubert still loves to skate
Veteran French competitor has not lost his passion

Brian Joubert has participated in three Olympics, but he still believes he can be a factor in 2014.

(10/31/2011) - With six world medals (gold in 2007, silver in 2004, '06 and '08 and bronze in '09 and '10) and 10 European medals (with three gold in 2004, '07 and '09) but no Olympic one after participating three times (in 2002, '06 and '10), Brian Joubert has now become one of the veterans of the competitive field. At 27, he has nonetheless decided to keep going until the 2014 Olympic Winter Games, where he would love to face his archrival, Evgeni Plushenko, one more time. He took the time to talk with icenetwork.com about his prospects on the season to come.

Icenetwork.com: What are your objectives for this season?
- Joubert: Cup of China first and above all! As you may know, I have won every Grand Prix series event throughout my career, but one: Cup of China. So this upcoming week will be very important for me, and it will be one of my major objectives this season. The competition promises to be of quite high caliber, just like the Trophée Eric Bompard in Paris [the other Grand Prix where Joubert is scheduled to skate]. Europeans and worlds will be quite important for me also, of course!

Icenetwork.com: What programs do you have this year?
- Joubert: The short program is new. I skate it to the group Justice, a French group I like. We created the program with David Wilson in Toronto last summer. We have worked a lot on the transitions.
The free program is different. We should have kept Beethoven's 9th Symphony for the long, but I could not. It is a great program, and it has allowed me to improve a lot. Yet it does not look like me. I made a big effort last year, and one season will be enough. I may still change my mind, but we have decided to come back to my best program ever, the 2004 one set to Matrix. It is the program which suits me best, the one that is the best structured altogether. I never feel tired when I skate to "Matrix." Can you believe that my costume was still good for me?

Icenetwork.com: What about your team? You have been known in the past to change rather quickly.
- Joubert: I have kept the same team. Actually, I will not change anymore and will skate the rest of my career with Véronique Guyon as a coach and David Wilson as a choreographer.

Icenetwork.com: You have been at the top level for the last 10 seasons. What keeps you going?
- Joubert: I still like it! I love skating and I love competing. Also, I see that I am still on track. That keeps me going!
I have experienced many injuries and several major problems throughout my career. But as you can see, I am still around. I know that I have not reached my peak yet. I know that I keep improving, both on skates and in my life. It means a lot to me.
On the ice, for instance, I managed to start working on the quadruple Salchow again. Now I land it again. And the quad toe is still very strong.
Off the ice, I can feel all the experience I have accumulated now. I see things very differently. I have a better approach.
As long as I love skating, I will keep going!

Icenetwork.com: So you are saying that we will see you for a long time then!
- Joubert: (Laughing) No, I will not go farther than 2014! Anyway, I plan not to skate complete seasons in the upcoming years. I had said it before, and I am going to really do it.
As you can notice, most of the very best skaters in the world have organized themselves some kind of breaks or "off" seasons. I think I would need the same, after 10 years at the top. It would make me more hungry for competitions.
This would mean skating only at Europeans at worlds -- and French nationals, of course, to be qualified for international events!
This would also mean skipping competitions at the start of the season. Of course, I will need to keep a strong training discipline, but I am used to that. Also, I always fear I will not be able to start again after a break. Maybe this is why I have not done it yet! Still, Evgeni [Plushenko]'s comeback [in 2010] proves that when you really want something, you can achieve it.

Icenetwork.com: And after 2014?
- Joubert: I would love to coach!

Icenetwork.com: How do you adapt to the younger generation?
- Joubert: This is a big challenge. On the one hand, I like that guys like Florent Amodio are around. He kind of holds off pressure from my own shoulders. On the other, I have seen so many changes since I started skating at the world level.
It has been difficult for me to get into the international judging system. I can not calculate during a program. It is not my thing at all! I really preferred the 6.0 system. It looked far more natural to me. Skaters did not need to do [so many additional movements] as they have to now.

Icenetwork.com: You mean transitions?
- Joubert: I have to say that transitions in edges do add a lot to skating. When you watch skaters from the past on YouTube, like John Curry or Robin Cousins [Olympic gold medalists in 1976 and 1980, respectively], you can see that they did skate many edge transitions, and it was beautiful to watch. But additional arm movements do not bring nearly as much, at least I feel so.
Still, I have come to recognize that I had no choice but to get into that judging system. And I must admit that it has enhanced skating significantly.
Even after so many years, I don't feel ridiculous in today's skating world. I completely missed my short program at the last worlds in Moscow, but I finished fourth in the free. Some judges keep telling me that they enjoy the way I skate. They still see me in the world's top five male skaters.

After this interview was conducted, Joubert announced his withdrawal from the Cup of China due to back problems.
:-(

These users thanked the author cekoni for the post (total 2):
Sakura (03 Nov 2011, 10:30) • lala630312 (02 Nov 2011, 22:04)
Rating: 8.33%

cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 04 Nov 2011, 18:34

Ирина wrote: http://sport.ria.ru/figure_skating/2011 ... 47929.html

Французский фигурист, чемпион мира 2007 года Брайан Жубер заявил агентству "Р-Спорт", что полностью пропустит следующий сезон в фигурном катании, чтобы вернуться к началу олимпийского сезона-2013/2014 и выступить на Играх в Сочи.

Для 27-летнего француза Олимпиада в Сочи станет четвертой в карьере. Лучший результат Жубера на зимних Играх - 6-е место в 2006 году в Турине.

"Я уже спланировал свою подготовку к Сочи, - рассказал Жубер корреспонденту "Р-Спорт". - В нынешнем сезоне я собираюсь участвовать во всех турнирах, потом сезон-2012/2013 полностью пропускаю. И возвращаюсь к олимпийскому сезону, чтобы выступить на Олимпиаде в Сочи".

По словам француза, ему хотелось бы увидеть среди своих соперников на Играх в Сочи олимпийского чемпиона Евгения Плющенко.

"Плющенко очень силен, - отметил Жубер. - Он сумел вернуться к Олимпиаде 2010 года, и я не сомневаюсь, что он способен на многое, в том числе и на еще одно возвращение - к Играм-2014 в Сочи. Но я, если честно, не уверен, как воспримут еще один приход Евгения в фигурное катание судьи. В любом случае мне бы хотелось, чтобы Плющенко вернулся - мне будет очень интересно еще раз сразиться с ним в Сочи"...

-----------------------

полная версия:
http://sport.ria.ru/interview_sport/201 ... 42519.html
cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 06 Nov 2011, 04:49

http://www.adrianschultheiss.com/news/1 ... ber/4.html

Adrian Schultheiss withdraws from NHK Trophy
4th November, 2011

Sadly, due to back injury, Adrian will not be competing at the NHK Trophy, which will be held in Sapporo, Japan from 11th to 13th November. Adrian had an X-ray at a hospital a few days ago, and it has turned out that he has a spinal disc herniation, which means he has to rest his back for two weeks, avoiding movements such as forward bending that can cause further pain. At the moment Adrian is allowed to walk and just slide around on the ice, and he will see a doctor again for a follow-up in two weeks.
cekoni
Administrator

Sandhu making comeback

Postby Kudryavka » 09 Nov 2011, 04:31

By PJ Kwong
Posted: Tuesday, November 8, 2011 | 01:02 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskating/ ... eback.html

Emanuel Sandhu won the Canadian men's title in 2001, '03 and '04. (Jeff McIntosh/Canadian Press)

The upcoming British Columbia/Yukon sectional qualifying event just got a lot more interesting, as three-time Canadian men's champion Emanuel Sandhu, who's been retired since 2007, will be competing.

If my Twitter account (@skatingpj) is any indication, you're all as surprised as I am!

Sandhu and I go back a long way. I first remember his skating at the Canada Winter Games in Grande Prairie, Alta., in 1995 and I couldn't take my eyes off him. His National Ballet School training provided him with the most glorious line and musical expression.

The next few years were a roller-coaster ride. Undoubtedly one of the most talented Canadian skaters ever, Sandhu frequently faltered in competition. The last couple of years seemed to weigh on him and his skating lost its joie de vivre. Retiring after the 2007 season, Sandhu went on to other things like finishing in the top four in the So You Think You Can Dance Canada television show and launching a singing career.

Now it appears Sandhu will make his return to competitive figure skating at the B.C./Yukon sectionals in Kelowna, where the men's competition begins Friday.

At the same competition, Jeremy Ten makes his post-injury comeback. Liam Firus and Nam Nguyen are also among the skaters entered in the event, which is the first step toward qualifying for January's Canadian championships.

"It is true that Emanuel is entered and hopefully he will be competing," Ted Barton, the director of the event, told me. "He has been back on the ice and looks really good.

"Emanuel said he wanted to keep things quiet for as long as possible. He isn't doing this for publicity or press. People all skate for personal reasons. He told me he has unfinished business with skating."

The men take the ice on Friday at 2:35 p.m. PT, and the competition will be live streamed on http://www.skatinginbc.com.
He didn't compete for three years, but as soon as I saw him, I knew that there was a true Olympic Champion on the ice. - Takahiko Kozuka, Rostelecom Cup 2009
Kudryavka

Postby clairdelalune » 09 Nov 2011, 12:25

Thanks Kudry!!! :plush39:
Emanuel Sandhy was a great skater, no wonder why Mishin was studying his SS. :hi_hi_hi: Unfortunately he also was inconsistent and sometimes too flamboyant . :plush45:
ImageImage
clairdelalune

Postby let`s talk » 09 Nov 2011, 19:09

:plush34:
Aaahh...
"Осторожно! Фанатка ЕП и ДТ" (weir.ru about let`s talk)
let`s talk

Emanuel Sandhu Withdraws

Postby Kudryavka » 11 Nov 2011, 16:52

Unfortunately, Emanuel withdrew from BC/YT Sectionals. Sad, but not surprised :-(

---------------
Emanuel Sandhu Withdraws
Thu, 10 Nov 2011
http://www.skatinginbc.com/news/emanuel ... -withdraws

Emanuel Sandhu informed Skate Canada British Columbia/Yukon that he was withdrawing from the 2012 BC/YT Sectional Championships. "I have recently injured my foot and this combined with a lack of preparation time due to ice show schedules I feel it would be inappropriate to enter competition at this time" said Emanuel. "I looked very much forward to coming back to competition but only if I was healthy and ready for the challenge. I wish my fellow competitors the best of luck in Kelowna and for the rest of the season."

"We were looking forward to welcoming Emanuel back on the ice but fully respect and support his decision based on his current situation" said Ted Barton, Executive Director Skate Canada BC/YT Section. "The Skate Canada BC/YT Section wishes him the very best for the remainder of the skating season."
He didn't compete for three years, but as soon as I saw him, I knew that there was a true Olympic Champion on the ice. - Takahiko Kozuka, Rostelecom Cup 2009
Kudryavka

Postby cekoni » 12 Nov 2011, 03:18

Little older, but :mi_ga_et: ..... Chan in "his element" :plush46: :-)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.thestar.com/sports/figureska ... ate-canada
Published On Sat Oct 29 2011

Patrick Chan charges to gold at Skate Canada

Never bet against Chan The Man.

Patrick C. has a way of bringing his “A’’ game to a “B’’ proposition. Or, in the case of Skate Canada, from third-place to top-of-the podium Saturday night on the strength of superior skills and, perhaps, a bit of judging goodwill.

The 2011 world champion retained his Skate Canada title on an evening when some spooky stuff happened on the ice, including a rare footwork pratfall ;;-))) — indeed, two wipeouts on different elements.

But in a sport where scoring now awards a bum-on-the-ice quad 7.59 points — for getting around on the four rotations — dislodging a proven master is a tall order. Challenger Javier Fernandez, of Spain, leader after Friday’s short program, rattled off two quads — toe and Salchow — with only a hands-down on the first, yet earned only a slim point and bit more in the running tabulation.

Chan teed up two too. He made a hasty recalibration between his opening kerplunk toe quad and another, perfectly executed, which followed seconds later.

“I was a little loose near the end of the jump instead of staying tight like a bullet.’’ :bet_ment: :cool_cool:

The latter effort poured 16.11 points in the kitty and he was off to the races, despite a series of slight bobbles and some wonky landings, 170.46 for the free skate, 253.74, three points clear of Fernandez.

“I wasn’t taking full breaths,’’ the 20-year-old Toronto skater explained of the head-first slide that interrupted a step sequence and clearly disrupted the triple Lutz which ensued, laying to waste a planned three-jump combination.

“I’ve learned that you breathe out when you bend and you breathe in when you rise. You tend to be lighter. You don’t sit back very much. Today, I could tell on the video replay, my hips are really behind me.’’

Rather inside-baseball for most observers. Thereafter followed an exposition on inhalation, an obsession that Chan embraced last season and far too arcane a subject for a reporter’s small brain.

The four-time Canadian champion has a new long program, Adagio from Concerto de Aranjuez by Rodrigo, for this season, after going two years with his winning Phantom of the Opera.

The replacement doesn’t yet have many miles on it.

“Phantom ... was already bang-bang-bang. I knew my patterns by heart, my breathing patterns most importantly. This program is still brand new. I’m still getting used to the steps. I have to think about what’s coming after.
I really have to make an effort to think about breathing out and breathing in, which is the most basic thing. It’s harder than you think.”
:plush37:

Okay, enough already with the breathing ...

Fernandez, who trains in Toronto under coach Brian Orser, was nevertheless delighted at bringing Spain its first Grand Prix medal, silver ahead of 2010 world champion Daisuke Takahashi. “I’m so happy. These skaters are amazing, they are like monsters.’’

Chan, who sat in the mixed zone with reporters to watch Fernandez skate last, was typically gracious. :plush46:
“He made his quads look like triples. He was a joy to watch.’’

For his part, Chan is focusing more intently on expression and lyricism, connecting with the audience and practically having a stare-off with judges. “That makes a big difference. The marks showed it.’’
(... and I'd be scared that he look at me with his eyes :plush44: :)-(: )

But (italics here) Adagio (close italics) is a work in progress.

“It probably won’t be done-done till Worlds. But I just love how it weaves endlessly and smoothly from one jump to another.’’

Give it, give him, time, Chan almost pleaded. He’s trying to assemble a work of art and there are many patina layers :plush46: on the program canvas.

“I’m not super-human. :ki_ng: Sometimes I can’t do everything including the jump.’’ :plush26:

Except win – he can still do that.

----------------------------------------

One of "comments" from ontd_skating :-)
http://ontd-skating.livejournal.com/1220070.html

cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 12 Nov 2011, 13:47

Tomas Verner Pre-NHK 2011:
Tomas Verner talks to Pj Kwong about his back injury, about what skating eans to him and about his feelings for Canada.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF0FpD8w6gI

cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 15 Nov 2011, 11:03

Tatjana Flade:
B. Joubert has withdrawn from TEB in Paris according to French news report
http://poitou-charentes.france3.fr/info ... 54562.html

Joubert out of Trophee Eric Bompard with back injury:
http://www.examiner.com/figure-skating- ... z1dkqpgCAA
cekoni
Administrator