Женя и его тренер А.Н.Мишин || Evgeni and his coach Mishin

Любим! Надеемся! Верим!
We love you! We believe in you!

Re: Женя и его тренер А.Н.Мишин || Evgeni and his coach Mish

Postby clairdelalune » 15 Nov 2011, 18:32

Дарина wrote:
Darina, thank you, I´ve missed this article, do you have a link to it?

http://www.sovsport.ru/gazeta/article-item/481920
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6&start=1240#p58584

New could also mean something that he didn´t do recently.

Agree. :-):
Anyway violin music suits him well and I want to see his new programs (I wish it were Roxanne and Vivaldi :mo-ro_zi_vo: ) the earlier the better!!! :bra_vo:

Thanks, Darina, I remember this article but it seems I didn´t pay enough attention to it.
I´m particulary worried about this statement:

" Zhenya, you do not to worry that figure skating in your absence has made dramatic leap forward. Patrick Chan, who established the world record for number of points at the last Worlds, you do not demoralize?
- And what exactly should demoralize me, according to your logic? Yagudin and I did this 10 years ago, the same two quads in one program. Patrick did a triple axel, but we did two triple axels, including cascades. Patrick Chan has demonstrated nothing new. He has not demonstrated us a new quad… lutz, for example. Or the new quad flip. Or four and a half, or 4-4. Well, so what we have to talk about? He did not do 4-3-3 cascade. Nobody has done it yet."

I believe the jurnalist didn´t understand well the answer because no man with a little bit of knowledge of FS could think that Chan is doing now what Evgeni and Yagudin did 10 years ago. :ne_vi_del:
ImageImage
clairdelalune

Postby Дарина » 15 Nov 2011, 18:53

clairdelalune » 7 минут назад
I´m particulary worried about this statement

Actually the question was:
Техническое вооружение Патрика Чана, установившего мировой рекорд по сумме баллов на последнем чемпионате мира, вас не деморализует?
Are you demoralized by technical equipment of Patrick Chan...

I'm sure Plushenko has enough knowledge of FS and remembers that Chan never did two quads and two 3A in FP (including 4-3-2 and 3,5 - 3 cascades)
М. Плисецкая: "Пожалуй, Плющенко похож на Годунова. Тоже высокий, статный, эффектный, уверен в себе. Да и эти длинные развевающиеся на ветру и в пируэтах белые волосы. Такой же тип. И темперамент у него есть, и артистизм."
Дарина

Postby clairdelalune » 15 Nov 2011, 19:08

Дарина wrote:
clairdelalune » 7 минут назад
I´m particulary worried about this statement

Actually the question was:
Техническое вооружение Патрика Чана, установившего мировой рекорд по сумме баллов на последнем чемпионате мира, вас не деморализует?
Are you demoralized by technical equipment of Patrick Chan...

I'm sure Plushenko has enough knowledge of FS and remembers that Chan never did two quads and two 3A in FP (including 4-3-2 and 3,5 - 3 cascades)

Oh, this makes sense!!!! :co_ol:
ImageImage
clairdelalune

Postby cekoni » 16 Nov 2011, 07:00

clairdelalune wrote:... What has to do a "transitional" season with Edvin Marton´s music?
Probably you mean that Evgeni changed his mind after this old interview and he decided to skate again to Edvin´s music. OK. But my question is why? At the Olympics we saw cleary that his desire to skate to Edvin´s music no matter what brought him no success. :-(

This season is almost over - why "waste" of good ideas that can be used for the following, the more important the seasons?

clairdelalune wrote:...
I´m not talking about Tango Amore only, I´m talking about his SP, Concierto de Aranjuez. I believe that scoring one of the lowest PCS of his career at the Olympics wasn´t a big success. :-(

Which connection has his choose of music with his "low" PCS? :ne_vi_del:

You forgot that 2 judges (which scores, by some "strange combination of circumstances the computer chose" to enter into summary marks) - put him on 21 and 22 place in SP?! :sh_ок: ... and because that Plushy got, AT LEAST, 4-5 points less for SP!!! :plush43:

You kept repeating that his choice of music affect on his success :kli_ny: .... but I kept repeating you that it is a matter of the ISU "politics"! :)-(:

P.S. other things already explained you Lovplush and Darina :mi_ga_et: .... and please, be more careful with making hasty opinions without complete knowledge of the events - ALL LINKS FROM PREVIOUS MONTHS YOU CAN FIND IN TOPIC:

Новости Июнь-Сентябрь || Monthly News June-September 2011:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=264

I must to add October :ps_ih:

------------------------------

P.S.S... this is more for topic "montages", but here's what it looks like Vanessa Mae's music on Plushy's program :mi_ga_et:

Evgeni Plushenko Devil'sTrill 2010 Russian Nationals SP:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCwbVG13C-M

cekoni
Administrator

Postby LunaMoon » 16 Nov 2011, 07:33

Дарина wrote:
Darina, thank you, I´ve missed this article, do you have a link to it?

http://www.sovsport.ru/gazeta/article-item/481920
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6&start=1240

New could also mean something that he didn´t do recently.

Agree. :-):
Anyway violin music suits him well and I want to see his new programs (I wish it were Roxanne and Vivaldi :mo-ro_zi_vo: ) the earlier the better!!! :bra_vo:

I think so too, Darina. :-): He's done very well skating to violin music, I'd say. :-): Violin would be fine with me! :plush45:

But I understand why so many people here want change and to see something really new from Plushenko now. Most of you have followed him for a long time and have seen every show or competition. Being an American and living in the rural South, I've not had that same pleasure. :-( Maybe you're tired of the "same" and want to see Plush really stretch his wings in a new direction. But, in making his changes, it wouldn't be wise to throw away everything that has worked for him in the past. There's a saying: "If it isn't broke, don't fix it." There's many things he may need to adjust and improve if he hopes for gold in Sochi. Maybe music isn't one of them?

Personally speaking, I really LIKE Edvin Marton! :plush46: I think that some of the most beautiful programs Plushy has ever skated were done to music that Marton either wrote or arranged for him - and most were very successful, too! (BTW -I don't think musical choices had anything to do with what happened in Vancouver.) I fell in love with Plushenko and became his fan forever while watching his "Nijinski" program - partly because of the lovely music he used (which was mostly an original composition by Edvin Marton) and the way Plushy interperted it so masterfully and beautifully. It was, to me, the combination of all factors coming together to create a perfect masterpiece on ice. :plush31: And then there was Torino... :plush46:

I will say that I'm not very thrilled if Plushenko will be using the same "Tango" as before. It's too overused, too soon, and I was never fond of that music in the first place. :kli_ny: (Just personal taste, maybe.) If he goes with the same composers/musicians, he should at least have new music from them - just to keep things creatively fresh.
As for Vanessa Mae - I like her music but that would not be any real change from Edvin Marton, would it? There may be some small differences in style and ability, but violin is still violin. What does it matter which plays a piece like Vivaldi's "Storm" - Edvin or Vanessa? :ne_vi_del: I'm not sure I understand why that would be at all important. :du_ma_et:

I do see an advantage for Plushenko in choosing Edvin Marton's music. Edvin can work personally with Plushy to arrange and compose music that is specifically designed around a new program. He will create it to fit the timing and all the elements that Plushenko wants to perform in exactly the way required. The music can be adjusted so that it fits flawlessly with what Plush wants to expess on the ice. I HATE it when someone skates to music that is "chopped" and patched together to make it fit the program and time constraints. :kli_ny: Music without smooth, natural transitions disrupts the flow and detracts from the emotional (and artistic) impact of the program. Maybe such a program will still get the points because it isn't the MUSIC itself that earns those big scores. :a_g_a: Of course, music is only one part of the total package being presented. Unfortunately, not everyone can be happy with what Plushy picks. :du_el:

Whatever he and his team decide to use, I'll just be very happy to see him competing again! plush48 I have to trust him to follow his own instincts now. They've rarely lead him wrong in the past. Besides, he could probably skate to "Mary Had a Little Lamb" and still make it look amazing! :ya_hoo_oo: I have complete faith in him.
"The artist is nothing without the gift...but the gift is nothing without work."

These users thanked the author LunaMoon for the post (total 4):
lala630312 (16 Nov 2011, 19:15) • Таня (16 Nov 2011, 18:20) • let`s talk (16 Nov 2011, 14:01) • simona (16 Nov 2011, 09:00)
Rating: 16.67%

LunaMoon

Postby Вера » 16 Nov 2011, 07:51

LunaMoon wrote:Besides, he could probably skate to "Mary Had a Little Lamb" and still make it look amazing! I have complete faith in him.

;;-))) :co_ol:
Вера
Администратор

Postby simona » 16 Nov 2011, 08:09

Image Image Image

Вера wrote:
LunaMoon wrote:
Besides, he could probably skate to " Mary Had a Little Lamb "
and still make it look amazing!! I have complete faith in him.

;;-))) :co_ol:

Image LunaMoon your avatar keeps me glued 2 the screen!

ImageImageImageImageImage

simona

Postby clairdelalune » 16 Nov 2011, 11:27

cekoni wrote:P.S. other things already explained you Lovplush and Darina :mi_ga_et: .... and please, be more careful with making hasty opinions without complete knowledge of the events - ALL LINKS FROM PREVIOUS MONTHS YOU CAN FIND IN TOPIC:

Sorry, Cekoni, I´m not doing hasty comments, I simply didn´t understand Evgeni´s strategy, what "transitional" means.

cekoni wrote:This season is almost over - why "waste" of good ideas that can be used for the following, the more important the seasons?

Ok. That´s a good strategy!!!! :a_g_a: Now I understand. :hi_hi_hi:
Last edited by clairdelalune on 16 Nov 2011, 15:56, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
clairdelalune

Postby clairdelalune » 16 Nov 2011, 11:30

LunaMoon wrote: Maybe you're tired of the "same" and want to see Plush really stretch his wings in a new direction.

I just want to see Evgeni on the podium, where he belongs! :a_g_a: plush48
Last edited by clairdelalune on 16 Nov 2011, 15:57, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
clairdelalune

Postby caseddy » 16 Nov 2011, 13:29

It doesn't seem like they are going to go in a whole new direction for what may be at most 3 competitions this season. They are going to go with Tango and modify it with improvements for areas where some say he was a little weak but maybe come back in a future season with all new stuff? I believe it is a transitional season. That goes with what is being said in my view. Hope he gets the quad jumps soon!

I think it was ridiculous to ask Plushenko if he is itimidated or something by Chan's quad ability! When it comes to jumps skating is going to back where it was not exploring new ground - except for the quad flip by Mroz. But HE was doing two quads a FS against Yagudin with 2 quads and others who also tried two quads. They also did quads in short programs! Maybe a question could be about age and being 29 not 19!

These users thanked the author caseddy for the post:
let`s talk (16 Nov 2011, 14:05)
Rating: 4.17%

caseddy

PreviousNext

Return to Всё о Жене || Everything about Evgeni