ISU Гран При 2011/2012 || ISU Grand Prix series 2011/12

Другие фигуристы, различные фигурнокатательные мероприятия || Other skaters and events without Evgeni

Re: ISU Гран При 2011/2012 || ISU Grand Prix series 2011/12

Postby simona » 12 Dec 2011, 16:18

Image РОССИЯ ПРАВИЛА!

ImageImageImageImageImage

simona

Postby cekoni » 13 Dec 2011, 07:25

GPF Gala videos... :plush45:

Russian Eurosport: http://www.youtube.com/user/NatVT#g/u

British Eurosport: http://www.youtube.com/user/frida340#g/u

-------------------------------

I dont saw Liza on my Esp :plush33:

2011 GPF Elizaveta Tuktamisheva EX:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Axf3KoE7T40

These users thanked the author cekoni for the post (total 2):
lala630312 (13 Dec 2011, 21:46) • simona (13 Dec 2011, 19:10)
Rating: 8.33%

cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 13 Dec 2011, 08:12

Takahashi says quad is key to catching Chan:
http://mdn.mainichi.jp/mdnnews/sports/n ... 4000c.html

-----------------------------------

http://www.examiner.com/figure-skating- ... -won-again

Opining on Grand Prix Final: Time to play “How Patrick Chan Won” again

Even though it was the smallest competition in terms of the number of competitors this year on the international stage, the Grand Prix Final was the best competing against the best. There is a whole lot to talk about following the conclusion. And I’ll start with the burning question on everyone’s mind right now - how did Patrick Chan win the competition?

The grudge.

A lot of people have been crying foul for years now with Chan and the fact that he wins even though he records falls. And, unfortunately, the attacks sometimes go beyond the scores and people get personal, especially on internet discussion boards. In three Grand Prix competitions this season, Chan has fallen six times (in six programs) and have won all of those events.

I think one thing needs to be established clearly – if you need to vent your frustration against Chan winning, you should vent it toward the judging system and not have it be a personal attack against him (or any other skaters whom people deem are receiving preferential treatment). It’s just plain wrong.

But I digress. The fact of the matter is that, as the judging system currently is, Chan won fair and square – though some – myself, for example – would argue that he should not have won by as large of a margin. But in the end, the right person won based on the rules.

I know that there's a lot of passion that goes into the spectating of any sport - and figure skating tends to amplify that passion because of its inherent subjectivity. But perhaps, just for a few minutes, let's set aside the gut instincts and take a hard look at what actually transpired.

The short program and Chan’s inner Midori.

There has been so much chatter about how Chan should have lost outright to Daisuke Takahashi or to Javier Fernandez or to Yuzuru Hanyu. But we have to start with the fact that not one skater in the short program skated cleanly.

Chan did his best Midori Ito impression by slamming into the boards at the end of his quad toe-triple toe combo in the short and then put his hand down on his triple axel. Takahashi also had two errors, underrotating and two-footing his quad toe and then not having a combo at all after his triple lutz because he stepped out of it. As far as apples-to-apples go, Chan takes that one. Both Fernandez and Hanyu had one pretty big error each, but neither was a fall. So, if we were talking 6.0 system, technically, they have a slight advantage, but Chan would make up for it in components (more about components later). But with the IJS, Chan also made up for it with higher grades of execution in other elements, some of which you can certainly say are overscored.

Jeremy Abbott, who took himself out of contention in the free skate, was really the only skater who was clean enough and had strong enough components marks to warrant a battle with Chan. He, too, had a mistake, but it was a minor step out of his triple flip. But that, plus the fact that his program, without a quad, wasn’t nearly as difficult as Chan’s was, took him out of contention. In the 6.0 system, Abbott would have likely been leading with Chan second.

So that sets the baseline for the short program, which, if you really look at it closely, wasn’t poorly judged at all.

Overscored in the free skate.

In the free skate, Chan had minor issues with his two opening quads, a foot down on the landing of his lutz-salchow sequence, and then a fall on his second lutz. All in all, he hit five clean triples, a clean double axel, one triple with a slight error, and two quads with slight-to-moderate errors. Takahashi fell out of his quad and hit eight triples. And Chan won the free skate over Takahashi by one point.

Chan’s first advantage was the base mark, where his two quads, seven triples, and two doubles were worth more than Takahashi’s one quad, eight triples, and two doubles. But the mistakes from both meant that their final technical scores were basically equal. His second advantage, in the eyes of the judges, were his components – and that I disagreed with. Skating Skills and Transitions were similar between the two, but Performance, Choregraphy, and Interpretation, for me, should have gone to Takahashi.

Either way, though, Takahashi still should not have made up the entire deficit that he faced from the short program – and he didn’t. So in terms of Takahashi vs. Chan, the right person prevailed based on the two programs.

Let’s look at Chan vs. Hanyu. Chan’s two quads, seven triples, and two doubles were worth more than Hanyu’s one quad, eight triples, and three doubles. Hanyu was much cleaner, with the only mistake being a fall out of his final salchow. So again, Chan’s advantage in the base value was wiped out. But many would agree that components-wise, Chan still has the advantage to Hanyu, and it was scored as such.

Let’s again look Chan vs. Fernandez. Chan’s two quads, seven triples, and two doubles were worth more than Fernandez’s two quads, seven triples, one double, and one downgraded double. That’s clear. Fernandez started with two great quads, but then turned out of his triple axel, barely hung on to a crooked salchow, and then bailed out of the backend double toe in his triple flip combo. The errors that both skaters had plus Chan’s base value advantage evened out in the end.

So what’s the conclusion?

So all of this is to say that those who thought that Chan clearly should have lost to Takahashi or Hanyu or Fernandez are forgetting about the fact that all of them also made some major errors in their programs. The judging, as per the currently system, was correct in placement (though I would argue that Chan should have won by fewer points).

The IJS is about numbers, and it is supposed to be a response to skeptics who are looking for a more quantifiable way to judge skating. That said, the differentiation in errors is not nearly enough. How is it possible that, for example, a fall is counted as practically the same error as a two-foot landing (both equate a -3 in the grade of execution)? Yes, the fall leads to an extra mandatory -1 on the overall score, but most skaters and coaches would argue that two-footing a jump is a much less egregious error than a fall is.

Now, before you jump all over me about defending the current system, that isn’t what I’m trying to do. Those who have read my what I’ve written in the past about the IJS should know that I believe the IJS has improved skating in many ways but is still very imperfect in others. More on that later.

These users thanked the author cekoni for the post:
lala630312 (13 Dec 2011, 21:47)
Rating: 4.17%

cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 13 Dec 2011, 08:21

So, Scott Moir is "piss-off" (dissatisfied) with their second place :)-(:
... can we call it: "whining", or maybe "sore loser"? ::yaz-yk:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DiManno: Virtue and Moir steaming over ice dance silver
http://www.thestar.com/article/1100389- ... nce-silver

Canada's Olympic ice dance duo Virtue and Moir win silver at Grand Prix Final:
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports ... 07983.html
cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 13 Dec 2011, 11:07

cekoni wrote:---
http://www.examiner.com/figure-skating- ... -won-again

Opining on Grand Prix Final: Time to play “How Patrick Chan Won” again
More on that later.

http://www.examiner.com/figure-skating- ... nd-the-ijs

Opining on Grand Prix Final: On Takahashi, components, and the IJS

There was certainly some controversy at the Grand Prix Final over the weekend, particularly with skating observers wondering how Patrick Chan won the competition. We’ve taken a look at that issue, and I’m sure I’ll be getting some flack about it. But let’s take a further look at the men’s event, particularly one absurdly low component score for silver medalist Daisuke Takahashi. And I’ll speak to further thoughts on the IJS and how it really isn’t being properly utilized.

A 5.50 for Transitions for Takahashi?

I had my John McEnroe Are-You-Serious?! moment after the men’s free skate when I looked at the protocols from the judges.

Some dumb judge decided that Daisuke Takahashi deserved a 5.50 for Transitions. Now, ok, if he gave similarly low scores to Chan and Abbott, then that’s fine. And since the panel is listed in random order, you don’t know what he gave the other skaters. But what we can see is what everyone else got – and no other skater got lower than a 7.00 for Transitions except for Michal Brezina, who got a few 6s and a 4.75 (ouch).

And before I went pointing fingers (because I do love Takahashi’s free skate and I figure that perhaps this judge was seeing something I wasn’t), I went back and watched all six free skates based on transitional moves alone. Nope, as I suspected, his program was not just a bunch of crossovers linking jumps – it is chock full of in-betweens.

So either the judge completely had it out for Takahashi or he/she inputted the wrong score. It’s completely absurd that a program of that intricacy would get such a low mark for Transitions.

Oh, and that same judge gave Takahashi a 6.75 for choreography. This dude’s nuts.

When are the components going to be scored properly?

The whole point of having five DIFFERENT component marks is so that if someone, say, is better at performing than they are at skating skills, this would be properly rewarded. The IJS has been in existence for almost a decade now, and the only mark that tends to be differentiated with any sort of usefulness is the Transitions mark in the singles and pairs disciplines.

For me, perhaps the most blatant undermarking was Kaitlyn Weaver and Andrew Poje’s free dance, which is drowning in emotion and passion. Mind you, this isn’t the faked angst that we sometimes see from ice dancers. This is great acting and incredible interpretation of the music. It’s not all angst all the way, the emotion and passion build with the music.

My point is that there is absolutely no way that their Performance mark should be in the same range as their Skating Skills mark, yet both of those marks stayed within the mid-8s, when, relatively speaking, their Performance mark should have been at least a point higher.

Come on, judges. It’s really time to get yourselves out of the 6.0 mindset, not all components are created equal.

Just because you fall doesn’t mean your components should fall too

Before I begin here, I should say that it’s necessary to read the whole thing first before arguing about it.

I’ve been hearing this comment a lot ever since the IJS was instituted – [insert name] “had a fall, so obviously, his/her components should be lowered automatically.” Falls do not equate lowered component marks – the two are not directly linked. That mindset is a carryover from the 6.0 system, and it currently does not exist in the IJS.

Now, I say that falls and components aren’t directly linked, but they certainly can be indirectly connected. Falls that are disruptive – splattering, sprawling types of falls – can certainly affect the Execution mark. And then there are falls that completely discourage the skater. A prime example of that was Alissa Czisny’s free skate, which became less and less about performance and choreography the more she was making mistakes and continuing to concentrate on just getting through the jumps. That’s a case where falls would be indirectly linked to the component marks.

But just to say that taking a fall on a jump necessarily means that the Interpretation of the program, for example, is worse than if there were to have been no fall is like saying taking a fall means that your costume would be ripped. Yes, a fall could lead to a costume being ripped, but it’s not a direct causation.

That said, errors need more differentiation

As I wrote in the How Patrick Chan Won post, one of the main issues with the judging system right now is the lack of differentiation between the costliness of errors. Consider the most common mistakes on jumps and their respective grades of execution:

* Fall: -3 (with a mandatory extra -1 from the score)
* Two-footed landing: -3
* Stepping out of a landing: -2 to -3
* Touchdown with one hand or one foot: -1
* Touchdown with both hands: -2
* Turn-out between jumps in a combo: -2

Most skating observers would agree that a fall should be deducted much more than a two-footed jump or a step-out. Yet they are almost the same deduction (with the difference being the mandatory extra point off for the fall). Still, that is not enough of a differentiation by any means. What many don’t know is that a “-3 GOE” does not equate three points off of the base mark of the element. The actual number of points off is relative to the base value of the elements, so that, for example, you wouldn’t get a negative score for falling on a single jump, which is worth fewer than three points.

Yes, skaters who are able to complete a harder jump should be properly rewarded for the difficulty of that jump. And the IJS has gone ahead and addressed that (however adequately or inadequately depends on the point of view) this season by reweighing jump values. But just because a jump is harder doesn’t mean that a fall on that jump should be worth more than a cleanly executed jump of lower difficulty.

Because of the higher base value and the lack of differentiation of errors, a fall on a quad toe (6.3, 10.3 minus 3 for the fall minus 1 for the mandatory extra deduction) is worth more than an adequately-done but clean triple lutz (6.0 base).

Now, I’m not one of those people on the extreme end of the argument who says that if you fall on an element, it should be worth nothing at all. There’s something to being able to fully rotate a jump and do it well in the air. But the devaluing of an element really needs to be reevaluated in order for errors to be judged more fairly.

lala630312 (13 Dec 2011, 21:48)

cekoni
Administrator

Postby Rika » 13 Dec 2011, 17:11

bla bla bla... bla bla bla...
but I don't understand HOW Chan take 8.68 and 8.82 in "interpretation"
He hasn't expressions, he hasn't emotion, the coreograhpy isn't original...
Takahashi, Hanyu, Fernandez are better in interpretation and in coreography...
I hate this part of Chan's scores.

These users thanked the author Rika for the post (total 3):
cekoni (14 Dec 2011, 06:17) • lala630312 (13 Dec 2011, 21:48) • simona (13 Dec 2011, 18:59)
Rating: 12.5%

Rika

Postby cekoni » 14 Dec 2011, 06:21

Судьи - вне подозрений?:
http://winter.sport-express.ru/figuresk ... ews/18425/

Мужской финал "Гран-при", в котором действующий чемпион мира канадец Патрик Чан в очередной раз получил рекордные оценки за компоненты своей программы (при том, что ее исполнение, откровенно говоря, оставляло желать лучшего), заставил задуматься. В частности о том, что президенту Международного союза конькобежцев Оттавио Чинкванте, ставшему в 2002-м инициатором новой системы судейства, самое время совершить очередной революционный шаг. Устранить анонимность, а заодно ввести в обиход практику открытых разборов судейских "полетов". Открытых для журналистов в том числе.

Задуматься на эту тему пришлось по достаточно простой причине. Можно сколько угодно утверждать, что вторая оценка выставляется вовсе не за послужной список спортсмена, а за конкретные умения, но практика говорит об обратном. Иначе вряд ли мы наблюдали бы такую стабильность в оценках того же Чана. Подумайте сами, если человек то и дело падает, исполняя программу, должно это влиять на баллы за хореографию, интерпретацию и так далее? Ответ, казалось бы, очевиден. Но не влияет же?

Возможно, логика судейских решений доступна лишь узким специалистам и невдомек простому смертному. Тогда тем более имеет смысл "разжевать" ее тем, кто создает имидж виду спорта в средствах массовой информации.

На судейскую тему в субботу меня натолкнул и разговор с Еленой Кустаровой - тренером двух сильнейших российских юниорских пар, а также чемпионов России Екатерины Бобровой и Дмитрия Соловьева. Рассуждая о двух сильнейших танцевальных дуэтах мира, Кустарова сказала:

- Считаю, что их время уже уходит. Это видят все, просто не все в этом признаются. Как и в том, что четвертые уровни сложности, которые этим двум дуэтам выставляют постоянно за любое выступление, не всегда соответствуют реальному положению вещей. Я готова признать, что Вирту/Моиру и Дэвис/Уайту не было равных в Ванкувере и потом, в следующем сезоне. Но не сейчас.

С моей точки зрения, Кустарова в таком суждении слегка погорячилась. Но повод задуматься опять же налицо: если неизменные четвертые уровни применительно к прокатам канадского и американского дуэтов справедливы, пусть специалисты, определяющие результат, докажут это публично на примере видеозаписи, пусть даже случайно выбранной компьютером. Хотя бы для того, чтобы за спинами лидеров, на которых так или иначе равняется огромное количество последователей, не рождалось никаких инсинуаций. Что может сильнее ударить по имиджу вида спорта и репутации победителей, нежели подозрение в том, что победу можно одержать не совсем честно?

Я отнюдь не считаю, что арбитры обязаны объяснять свои действия на каждом турнире. Однако сам факт, что такие объяснения могут быть востребованы, в корне, как мне кажется, изменит степень ответственности сидящих за пультами людей за свои действия.

Когда-то, кстати, в ISU существовала хорошая практика: на крупных соревнованиях для аккредитованной прессы устраивались своего рода семинары-ликбезы. На примере видеозаписей выступлений того или иного спортсмена специалисты объясняли, что именно, например, ценится в танце, какие ошибки наиболее распространены в том или ином прыжке и что считать грубой ошибкой при приземлении.

Сейчас специалист, определяющий уровни сложности в прокатах, тоже порой дает объяснения. Но только спортсменам и тренерам и только в части их собственных оценок. Что не мешает фигурантам строить собственные домыслы в отношении чужих баллов.

Возможно, подобные рассуждения - утопия. Возможно, нужно просто убедить себя в том, что все судьи, контролеры и специалисты по определению должны быть вне каких бы то ни было подозрений. У вас получается? У меня - нет...
cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 14 Dec 2011, 06:25

Обидные 0,18:
http://winter.sport-express.ru/figuresk ... ews/18422/

В парном катании на пьедестал поднялись сразу две российские пары. Чемпионы Европы-2010 Юко Кавагути/Александр Смирнов завоевали бронзу, а вице-чемпионы мира Татьяна Волосожар/Максим Траньков - серебро, уступив трехкратным чемпионам мира Алене Савченко/Робину Шелковы всего 0,18 балла.

Пожалуй, еще никогда преимущество немецкого дуэта при безупречном прокате обеих программ не было до такой степени шатким. Когда после проката Волосожар и Транькова зал встал, подумалось даже, что победа останется за россиянами, - в точности как это случилось в короткой программе. Но полноценного триумфа все-таки не случилось.

Когда разрыв в результатах столь мал, задним числом всегда ищешь ответ: что можно было бы исправить, каких ошибок избежать. Максим Траньков на это ответил после проката:

- Ошибки у нас с Таней были, и этим все сказано. Для того чтобы судьи позволили нам выиграть у трехкратных чемпионов мира, нам следовало бы кататься идеально. И набирать плюсы в каждом из элементов.
- А я сделала второй выброс с приземлением на две ноги, - тихо сказала сидящая рядом с партнером Таня.
- И комбинацию прыжков мы могли бы выполнить более четко, - продолжил Максим. - Глядишь, эти сотые от нас бы и не ушли. Иногда я, кстати, не очень понимаю, на чем и почему теряются баллы. Никакой логики в этом нет. Например, в обеих программах нам дали третий уровень сложности за тодес. А я не понимаю, как можно получить за этот элемент третий уровень. Там может быть либо четвертый, если все выполнено безупречно, либо второй, если недодержан последний оборот. Потому что там идет снижение сразу по двум позициям: смена руки и смена "циркуля".

- Но ведь вы можете задать этот вопрос напрямую специалисту, определяющему уровни сложности.
- Задаем постоянно. Но понять все равно ничего невозможно. Вот еще пример: в короткой программе мы идеально сделали парное вращение. Просмотрели его в видеозаписи и дополнительно в этом убедились. Но получили за вращение первый уровень сложности. А в произвольной скомкали элемент, не сделали последнюю позицию, не докрутили положенное количество оборотов после заключительной смены ноги. И получили четвертый уровень. Как это можно объяснить? Я, честно говоря, здорово растерялся из-за всего этого в Квебеке.

- Когда катание закончилось, вы, Максим, выглядели абсолютно счастливым.
- Не знаю, почему сложилось такое впечатление. Довольны были - да. Этот сезон у нас получился слишком сложным. Начали появляться травмы, из-за этого мы тренировались не так, как планировали. Параллельное вращение, к примеру, я в последний раз выполнял до приезда в Квебек на этапе "Гран-при" в Париже. Поэтому выходил на старт, не имея ни малейшего понятия о том, что от себя ждать.
- Из-за недостатка тренировок приходилось максимально концентрироваться и напрягаться даже на простых элементах, - добавила Татьяна. - А это отнимает много сил.

- Тогда тем более должны быть довольны результатом финала. Разве не так, Максим?
- Если бы мы проиграли немцам пять баллов, я бы и был доволен. А 0,18… Очень обидно. Особенно когда понимаешь, что все было в твоих руках.
- С другой стороны, нам сейчас стало очень интересно соревноваться, - улыбнулась Таня. - В парном катании сейчас, как мне кажется, сложилась точно такая же ситуация, как в танцах, где между собой очень жестко соревнуются два дуэта и невозможно предсказать, какой из них станет первым.

- В какой момент у вас начали обостряться травмы?
- Даже не знаю, - пожал плечами Максим. - Началось все летом, когда мы вернулись из Японии, где выступали в шоу. Не напрягались, не форсировали нагрузки, но на одной из тренировок я упал. В Питере я всегда обращался к одному и тому же специалисту, если мне требовалось наточить или подправить лезвия. В Москве такого человека у меня нет. Николая Морозова, который занимается заточкой наших с Таней коньков, тоже в тот момент не оказалось. Коньки же были совсем тупые. А я, что называется, вошел в тренировочный азарт, заложил крутой вираж, вот конек из под меня и вылетел. А я довольно сильно травмировал плечо.
Соответственно пришлось прекратить какую бы то ни было работу над поддержками. А мы много чего планировали в этом отношении. Хотели сделать семь-восемь разных поддержек, чтобы иметь возможность до начала ответственных стартов не раскрывать все свои карты. Иначе сразу находятся те, кто все это копирует.
Отказавшись от работы над поддержками, мы стали давать больше нагрузки на другие мышцы, и у меня заболели паховые кольца. На турнире в Братиславе я неудачно упал и заработал себе частичный разрыв пахового сухожилия. В таких случаях надо лежать, делать бесконечные процедуры и ждать, когда все зарубцуется. А как лежать, когда уже начался сезон и каждые две недели у нас очередной старт? После любого соревнования у нас уходила неделя на то, чтобы хоть немного восстановиться.

- Вы ведь могли отказаться от участия в "Гран-при".
- Могли, но не хотели. Сейчас расстроены даже тем, что придется отказаться от выступления в чемпионате России. У нас есть план подготовки, в котором четко расписано по дням, что и как мы должны делать вплоть до Олимпийских игр в Сочи. И мы стараемся этот план не нарушать.

- Морально вам стало легче или тяжелее по сравнению с прошлым сезоном?
- Из-за травм мы об этом пока вообще не задумывались. Голова была занята тем, чтобы сделать все элементы и окончательно не "порваться" при этом. Нам еще ни разу не удавалось выйти и откататься с удовольствием. Каждый раз приходится бороться. С собой, с болью. Но мы обязательно вылечимся.

НУЖНО ВРЕМЯ

Бронза, завоеванная Кавагути и Смирновым, могла считаться удачей разве что с очень большой натяжкой. Юко ушла из микст-зоны сразу после проката, Александр подошел, но было заметно, что комментировать итог финала ему не хочется:

- Если давать оценку нашему выступлению как паре, то на тренировках мы выглядели лучше. Хотя сам я и тренировки, и выступления провел достаточно ровно.

- Что случилось с вами в короткой программе?
- Сказалось отсутствие должной подготовки. В этом виноват я. Получил небольшую травму ноги сразу после этапа "Гран-при" в Москве, и все это время мы почти не тренировались. Из-за этого Юко допускала ошибки. Девочки ведь катаются "головой". А мы, мальчики, все делаем на мышечной памяти. Поэтому нам проще.

- Не припомню, чтобы вы катались в слабой разминке. Очень непривычно?
- Мы, кстати, были в такой же ситуации на этапе "Гран-при" в Японии, когда остались в короткой программе пятыми. Непривычно было на тренировке. У нас опыта и класса все-таки побольше, чем у двух других пар, поэтому мы успели сделать все запланированное за 20 минут. Остальное время только путались у всех под ногами. Конечно, немного неприятно понимать, что, катаясь в слабой разминке, ты изначально лишен возможности бороться за высокие места. Значит, не нужно допускать ошибки в короткой программе. Это возможно. У нас хороший тренер, хорошие взаимоотношения в паре, просто нужно время. Благо до Олимпийских игр его достаточно.

- Меня не покидает ощущение, что после неудачного старта в Японии, где Юко травмировала плечо, в ее катании вновь появилось напряжение. Словно ваша партнерша постоянно думает об опасности получить травму.
- Мне так не кажется. Юко напряжена из-за того, что нет уверенности. А причину ее отсутствия я вам уже объяснил.
cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 14 Dec 2011, 06:28

cekoni wrote:Обидные 0,18:
http://winter.sport-express.ru/figuresk ... ews/18422/

Translated part about Volosozhar/Trankov from http://ontd-skating.livejournal.com/1233704.html#cutid1
------------------------------

The Frustrating 0,18

…When the margin between the scores is this small you always think how the mistakes can be corrected and which of them can be avoided at all. This is what Maxim Trankov said on the topic after the long program:

-We did mistakes and this is it. For judges to allow us to win over three time World champions we should’ve skated perfectly and got positive GOE on every element.
-And I two-footed the throw, - quietly said Tanya sitting by her partner.
- And we could’ve performed our jump combination more clearly. And may be then we would be able to catch those one hundredths. By the way, sometimes I don’t really understand where and how the points are lost. There’s no logic to it. For example, in both our programs we got the level 3 for our death spiral. And I don’t understand how you can get the third level for this element. But there you can only get the level 4 if everything is done perfectly, or the level two if the last rotation wasn’t done to the full. That’s because there’s downgrade on two aspects – the hand change and the change of directions.
-But you can always directly ask the technical specialists who determine the levels this kind of questions.
-And we do so all the time. But it’s still impossible to understand anything. Here, for the instance, in the short we did our combined spin ideally. We watched the tapes and were assured in this. But we got the first level for this spin. And in the free we botched up the element, didn’t do the last position and didn’t do all the rotations after the last change of feet. And we got the fourth level. How can it be explained? I, to be honest, was greatly confused because of it in Quebec.

- We the skate was finished you, Maxim, looked absolutely happy.
- I don’t know, how you got that impression. We were pleased, yes. This season turned out to be too complicated. The traumas had appeared and we didn’t train as we planned. Before coming to Quebec, for example we did side by side for the last time at the Grand Prix in Paris. So I had no idea what to expect from myself coming to the ice.
-We need to concentrate and strain ourselves on the simplest elements because of lack of training., added Tanya. And that takes a lot of strength.

-So you should be even more pleased with the results. Isn’t that so, Maxim?
- If we’d lost to the Germans by five points, I’d be satisfied. And 0,18… It’s very frustrating. Especially when you understand that everything has been in your own hands.
-On the other hands, it’s very interesting for us to compete, - smiled Tanya, I believe that currently the situation in pair skating is similar to the situation in ice dancing., that there is a tough competition between two teams and it’s impossible to say who’ll be the first in the end.

- When did aggravation of the injuries start?
- I don’t really know, - Maxim shrugs his shoulders,- It all started this summer when we came back from Japan where we performed in the shows. We didn’t strain ourselves or force our training too much, but during one practice I fell. In Petersburg I always contacted one specialist If I needed my skate blades to be sharpened or corrected. I don’t have a person like that in Moscow. Nikolai Morozov who usually gets Tanya’s and mine blades sharpened wasn’t around either. So my skates got really dull. And I, being in a training excitement, did especially steep turn and the skates slipped from under me. And I injured my shoulder pretty badly.
And therefore we needed to completely stop working on our lifts. And we had planned a lot in that direction. We’d wanted to do 7-8 different new lifts to not show all our cards before the main starts. Otherwise somebody who’d copy you always appear.
Without work on our lifts we started to put more strain on other muscles and my inguinal rings started to hurt. At the tournament in Bratislava I had an unfortunate fall and partly ruptured the groin tendon. In such cases it’s required to lay, have different medical procedures done and wait when it’s going to heal. And how to lay if we had starts every two weeks?After every competition we needed at least a week to get a little better.

- But could’ve you withdraw from the Grand Prix?
- We could but we didn’t want to. And now we are even upset that we are forced to give up the Russian Nationals. We have a training plan that is thought trough to the day as far as Sochi Olympics goes. And we try not to break this plan.
-Is it easier or harder psychologically for you this season?
Because of the traumas we haven’t thought about this at all. We’ve been thinking about executing all the elements without further breaking ourselves. We still haven’t had a chance to go out and skate with a pleasure. It’s a fight every time. With ourselves, with the pain. But we’ll surely get well.

lala630312 (14 Dec 2011, 20:28)

cekoni
Administrator

Postby clairdelalune » 14 Dec 2011, 14:44

cekoni wrote:[i]I almost become an expert for skating :sh_ок: :-) ... what I said so many times? :plush46:

:co_ol: :a_g_a:

Rewarding failure diminishes sport :plush34:
http://savefigureskating.blogspot.com/2 ... rt-if.html
ImageImage
clairdelalune

PreviousNext

Return to Мир фигурного катания || Figure Skating