Книга "Другое шоу" || Evgeni's book "Another show"

Любим! Надеемся! Верим!
We love you! We believe in you!

Re: "Другое шоу" книга Жени.

Postby Lana Tetradze » 19 Jul 2011, 18:13

Dassska wrote:
Ирина wrote:Dassska,а ты когда загружаешь фотки на радикал,ты снимаешь там галки с УМЕНЬШИТЬ до 640 пикселей и ОПТИМИЗИРОВАТЬ формат? :plush35:
Очень мелко получается,не читаемо,почти ((

Ребят...уж что получилось-то получилось, второй раз я этот подвиг не осилю...если перезалью, то тогда уже не сегодня.[/qu

Большое спасибо за книгу, было очень интересно и здорово почитать. Труд немалый, молодец! :ki_ss:
Lana Tetradze

Re: Книга Жени "Другое шоу" || Evgeni's book "Another show"

Postby AnyaNikolaievna » 07 Aug 2011, 09:54

Mila, you are just so wonderful to translate this amazing book. One of the best books I've ever read!

I was blown away by how much I never knew about this extraordinary man! I've been watching him skate and following his life since he was 15, and yet so much was unknown to me despite me reading every (English-translated) article/interview available! It is just incredible to find out just how difficult and torturous his life was on and off the ice.

I was most surprised to find out he was born, what, a month early? For his dear mother to bring him into this world in the first place must have been difficult! And the motion sickness and respiratory problems... the poor dear :(

It is nice to see him bear his soul to the readers. I just saw a part of 2010 Olympics LP from BBC commentary with Robin Cousins, and he commented that Zhenya showed that he wasn't "as invincible as he seems to think he is." Anyone who has read this book would know for sure that he does not think of himself as invincible.

I can't imagine being a child going through the bullying he had endured at the hands of the older boys. I've suffered plenty of bullying but it was never anything like that. I cannot believe the cruelty and malice in that one boy's heart and mind when he (and how good of Zhenya not to mention his name!) took that kettle and placed it against 10-year-old Zhenya's arm. I hope that boy was punished for it... or at the very least, he has the knowledge that Zhenya, who endured all of that and plenty more, is now the greatest male skater in his generation!

I was touched by how spiritual he was when he spoke of his belief in a guardian angel. The 03-04 season, for me as a spectator and fan, was proof enough that he had one! But for him to say he physically felt and believed that the angel was with him on the ice at some points, it was surreal!

I've long believed that the events of our childhood shape who we become as adults, not just in occupations/hobbies, but personalities. Anyone who thinks that he is arrogant would likely have their minds changed when they hear/read about his childhood. He is stubborn and proud, certainly! But arrogant? Not a chance in hell!

There was one sentence that really surprised me. When he spoke of Alexander Abt, who is another inspirational figure to me, he said that he grew up on the streets. I know VERY little of Sasha's life, only the struggles with injuries. I was so saddened to hear about that... I can understand why he would not go into details but I sure would be interested to know more about that...

Anyway, it is really nice that even though Zhenya has endured such torment, he does not name names for the most part. I think that shows great respect on his part.

It was so interesting to find out more about his first marriage. It seemed so private at first, and what came out later seemed to me to be a bit speculative, but the book was very thorough and detailed about it all. Nice to see that as well.

What actually made me cry was reading about his experiences at 05 Worlds in Moscow. We all knew he was injured, but I for one had no idea how truly PAINFUL it was for him. When he revealed that he could not even get out of BED the day of the free skate, that just broke my heart. I just can't imagine going through everything that he went through... He MUST have angels watching over him for him to be so strong!

I hope that he does write another book and that he will talk about Vancouver 2010. It would be SO nice to read about things from his own perspective, to know things that the public did not know and likely would NEVER know unless he spoke out. I bet he'd have a few not-niceties to say about the vicious North American media too!

As I read this incredible translation, I felt as though he were sitting right in front of me, talking to me as though I were a lifelong friend. The tone is so casual, and his vocabulary, whether in Russian or in the translation, was well-placed. I feel as if I know him so much better on the whole, and I have you to thank for it, Mila.

Thank you.
"Show what you are capable of!" -- Evgeni Plushenko

"Was there ever a man who loved, who loved not at first sight?" -- Christopher Marlowe

These users thanked the author AnyaNikolaievna for the post (total 2):
Phrazey (09 Aug 2011, 06:20) • lala630312 (08 Aug 2011, 00:06)
Rating: 8.33%

AnyaNikolaievna

Postby MiLa » 06 Sep 2011, 23:40

AnyaNikolaievna wrote:Mila, you are just so wonderful to translate this amazing book.

:plush46: I am so glad that you like it, because I have worked on it with so much love, it was not easy. Zhenya had suffered so much and overcame so many difficulties and jet he hasn't become arrogant or evil. He is so good natured and kind. This is a real man, I think. I am not so strong, I would not be able to pass through all of that. He is an exceptional man, a chosen one and I admire him. :plush39:
пока не меркнет свет
"Подвиги совершаются по велению души!" А. Н. Мишин

These users thanked the author MiLa for the post (total 2):
lala630312 (07 Sep 2011, 00:37) • Дарина (06 Sep 2011, 23:54)
Rating: 8.33%

MiLa

Postby sleeping cat » 30 Dec 2011, 15:28

Hey Mila, thanks heaps for your great job :co_ol:
I'm sure I'll enjoy Zhenya's story... You are a star :plush33:
Why don't you sell your translation to a publishing company coz many fans in the world want to read the one!? :plush38:

These users thanked the author sleeping cat for the post:
lala630312 (30 Dec 2011, 18:43)
Rating: 4.17%

sleeping cat

Postby simona » 30 Dec 2011, 16:38

Sleeping cat

sleeping cat wrote:
Why don't you sell your translation 2 a publishing com-
pany coz many fans in the world want to read the one!?
:plush38:

:co_ol: great proposal!

ImageImageImageImageImage

simona

Postby lala630312 » 30 Dec 2011, 18:53

Great idea! :plush45:
lala630312

Postby cekoni » 30 Dec 2011, 23:36

:du_ma_et: Maybe Plushy has some copyrights here? :mi_ga_et:
cekoni
Administrator

Postby MiLa » 31 Dec 2011, 02:58

sleeping cat wrote:Hey Mila, thanks heaps for your great job :co_ol:
I'm sure I'll enjoy Zhenya's story... You are a star :plush33:
Why don't you sell your translation to a publishing company coz many fans in the world want to read the one!? :plush38:

hehehe, the translation is not professional and I am not a professional translator. And I don't know how to do such things. And of course Zhenya has rights. But now everybody can read it for free from the Internet. :-)

I think somebody has to invest money for the book to be published. And it has to pay to Zhenya too.
пока не меркнет свет
"Подвиги совершаются по велению души!" А. Н. Мишин

These users thanked the author MiLa for the post:
lala630312 (31 Dec 2011, 14:36)

MiLa

Postby georginasmith27 » 06 Mar 2012, 20:30

Hi
Just found this translation page for 'Another Show', but the link doesn't work! Any ideas how I can get a copy in English?
georginasmith27

Postby cekoni » 06 Mar 2012, 21:14

georginasmith27 wrote:Hi
Just found this translation page for 'Another Show', but the link doesn't work! Any ideas how I can get a copy in English?

Here is active link: :-):
http://www.mediafire.com/?58zqvxga6882d87

------------------------

I will change link also in Mila's post! :mi_ga_et:

These users thanked the author cekoni for the post:
ilpulcino (07 Mar 2012, 01:00)

cekoni
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Всё о Жене || Everything about Evgeni