Пресса, интервью|| Press about Evgeni ON Ice

Любим! Надеемся! Верим!
We love you! We believe in you!

Re: Пресса о Жене, интервью Жени || Press about Evgeni ON Ic

Postby cekoni » 18 Jan 2012, 03:51

They do not read ISU communication? :ps_ih: ISU alow Plushy to compete just on Euros! :)-(:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/m ... le2304924/?

Plushenko vs. Chan: Get ready for a skating showdown
Beverley Smith - Globe and Mail, Published Tuesday, Jan. 17, 2012

Evgeny Plushenko’s special requests continue to multiply. ::yaz-yk:

The 29-year-old Russian, the 2006 Olympic champion, had to ask the International Skating Union a favour: to allow him to compete at the European and world championships this year, because over the past two seasons, he hadn’t achieved the minimum score required in an international skating event.

And now that the ISU has granted Plushenko his request, a clash between the skating icon and Patrick Chan, figure skating’s newest star, is certain.

The pair hasn’t met since the Vancouver Olympics, when Plushenko won the silver medal and Chan was fifth. But since, Chan has blasted away all of Plushenko’s scoring records and a match-up between the two will sell tickets and boost TV viewership like crazy. They would meet at the world championships in Nice, France at the end of March.

Bring him on, Chan says. Last week, Chan said that he was “really excited” to face Plushenko again. “I’ve always looked up to him since I’ve been skating,” Chan said. “I used to watch him at the Grand Prix and world championships, and he was exciting to watch. To be on the same ice again since the Vancouver Olympics would be very exciting.

“I would like to compete against him and see what judges would have to say and what they think between the two of us.”

After Plushenko won his ninth national title last month, coach Alexei Mishin was coy about how they were going to surmount the problem of the minimum score. But the solution was no real secret. He had to petition the ISU. The ISU “exceptionally agreed.” And the decision was a no-brainer. Plushenko brings an excitement to any event he enters.

Plushenko hasn’t been able to land that minimum score internationally because the ISU banned him from competition in June of 2010 after he skated in some shows without permission – shortly after he had withdrawn from the 2010 world championships because of injury.

The ISU bowed to his special request for reinstatement in July of 2011, but Plushenko was unable to take part in international competitions this year because of injury.

This week at the Canadian championships in Moncton, N.B., Chan will show what he is capable of doing: two quads in a long program, high presentation scores. He said his performance at the Canadian championships in Victoria, B.C. was better than his effort at the world championships when he demolished all three of the scoring records.

Plushenko admits he’s still a work in progress. He said he does not fear defeat this year. His ultimate goal is the Sochi Olympics, where the results could be quite different from Vancouver.

He admits that it was very difficult for him to finally re-emerge at the Russian nationals, having to skate last, enduring that wait, pondering the nightmare of doubling all of his jumps. (He landed one quad, two triple Axels and only doubled his triple Lutz after running out of steam at the end).

His technical mark was only third best among the Russians. But his final score of 259.67 points – if it had come in an international event – would have been enough for him to have competed at least at the Grand Prix events.

He’s been practicing two quads in a program since before the Russian nationals. “For me, the most important thing was to avoid becoming a laughing stock,” Plushenko told Russian reporters. He is human, after all.

--------------------------

Similar... :mi_ga_et:

Refreshed Chan sees fewer stumbles in future
Canadian welcomes faceoff with Plushenko, plans more quads

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article. ... y=ice_news

Instead, the skater plans to focus on adding a quad flip or Lutz to his arsenal after the 2012 World Figure Skating Championships in Nice, France, in March, citing those jumps' higher point values.

"If I'm going to spend the time on it, I think I should push the bar," he said.
"Lots of skaters do quad toes; [by the 2014 Sochi Olympics] the next level will be who is going to do the harder quads."

Chan welcomes the chance to compete in Nice against Evgeni Plushenko, Russia's three-time Olympic medalist (a gold and two silvers) who recently gained a special exemption to compete at the 2012 European Figure Skating Championships this month.

"I'm going to be excited," he said. "Evgeni is someone I've looked up to since I was young. [Plushenko is eight years Chan's senior.]

"To be on the same ice with him [for the first time] since the Vancouver Olympics would be very exciting. [Being that] I'm a new, rejuvenated kind of skater since the Olympics, it will be interesting to see what the judges will do."

These users thanked the author cekoni for the post:
lala630312 (18 Jan 2012, 16:49)
Rating: 4.17%

cekoni
Administrator

Postby Вера » 18 Jan 2012, 06:20

Да, он звезда, но он остался человеком. Человеком со своими желаниямии мыслями, целями и волнениями, у который тоже на что-то надеется и мечтает.

Спасибо, Саша!Очень душевно написала :plush39:
Вера
Администратор

Postby clairdelalune » 18 Jan 2012, 12:11

cekoni wrote:Plushenko vs. Chan: Get ready for a skating showdown
Beverley Smith - Globe and Mail, Published Tuesday, Jan. 17, 2012

Showdown with Lysacek, Joubert, Chan, etc!!!! Plushy will be very busy :plush37: :-) !!!
ImageImage
clairdelalune

Postby whitebamboo » 18 Jan 2012, 13:17

Ah, the North American press... :ps_ih: Is it just me or has the Canadian press gotten much worse than the American press lately? I suppose it's because there aren't any really outstanding American male skaters right now, and there is Chan...

Evgeny Plushenko’s special requests continue to multiply.

Yes, start the article right off with their usual little tricks, as if people can't tell....What other "special request" has Plushy had before? If they're talking about the restoration of eligibility...Don't even get me started. Just don't. It's not as if there hadn't been plenty of "special requests" from the Canadian Federation, but then again, what would be the NA press be without double standards? (Yes, I know this may be a generalization. And I stand behind it.)

Bring him on, Chan says. Last week, Chan said that he was “really excited” to face Plushenko again. “I’ve always looked up to him since I’ve been skating,” Chan said. “I used to watch him at the Grand Prix and world championships, and he was exciting to watch. To be on the same ice again since the Vancouver Olympics would be very exciting.

“I would like to compete against him and see what judges would have to say and what they think between the two of us.”

Ah, so it was exciting to compete with someone so "old and outdated", whose choreograph was only to be laughed at, at Vancouver? :-) Well, I am glad that it was shown that sometimes an "out-of-fashion" dinosaur can actually change the "fashion" and direction of skating, perhaps.

One thing I did notice, though, is that what Chan says he's interested in is "what judges think" about the two of them, and nothing about how they might actually perform...(But then again, what the judges think about you in general is more important nowadays, I suppose.)

After Plushenko won his ninth national title last month, coach Alexei Mishin was coy about how they were going to surmount the problem of the minimum score. But the solution was no real secret. He had to petition the ISU. The ISU “exceptionally agreed.” And the decision was a no-brainer. Plushenko brings an excitement to any event he enters.

Well, good to see they admitted that. But if so, then why is allowing Plushy to compete at Euros such a "favor"?

The ISU bowed to his special request for reinstatement in July of 2011, but Plushenko was unable to take part in international competitions this year because of injury.

The usage of the word "bowed" is a nice touch. As if the whole disqualification business had any kind of legitimacy at all to start with. And as if Evgeni brought some kind of "power" or "pressure" to force the ISU to restore him, which is just the farthest from the truth.

Plushenko admits he’s still a work in progress. He said he does not fear defeat this year. His ultimate goal is the Sochi Olympics, where the results could be quite different from Vancouver.

Okay, maybe this one is reading a bit hard, but I'm wondering if the use of the word "where" is a nice touch, too. (Kind of reminds me of how Evan Lysacek was repeating how he "wouldn't be welcomed" at Sochi, four years in advance....)

He is human, after all.

Oh, well, gosh.

No, y'know what, their small-minded condescension, masked behind a very thin veneer of "objectivity", annoys me even more than their outright attacks. I want to throw in many expletives here, to be honest, but I'll hold myself back...

(Edit: Sorry, it seems I'm getting kind of belligerent lately....But I really just cannot stand this kind of nonsense from the NA press.)

These users thanked the author whitebamboo for the post (total 5):
cekoni (19 Jan 2012, 04:18) • Дарина (18 Jan 2012, 21:09) • lala630312 (18 Jan 2012, 16:54) • Phrazey (18 Jan 2012, 16:21) • lovplush (18 Jan 2012, 16:02)
Rating: 20.83%

whitebamboo

Postby lovplush » 18 Jan 2012, 16:25

whitebamboo wrote:...

I did not read through everything since you can imagine what kind of tune it will be. Actually I was a bit annoyed by Chan's eager to beat Plushy this season. We all know that Plushy is not in his best shape at the moment, could say not even restore half of his jumping ability. It is not worth boasting if anyone beats Plushy under such condition. The same goes to be excited to have the chance to beat Plushy when he is not in his best shape.

I do not feel any respects from Chan to Plushy no matter how he uses the words. I recall in Plushy's book, he once said one should respect his opponents, then the victory will be a high win. Only people who can see the merits of others and the shortcomings of themselves can go afar.
Last edited by lovplush on 18 Jan 2012, 19:41, edited 1 time in total.
Plushenko Chinese Fans Club: http://www.plushycnfanclub.org/

These users thanked the author lovplush for the post (total 2):
whitebamboo (18 Jan 2012, 19:57) • lala630312 (18 Jan 2012, 16:54)
Rating: 8.33%

lovplush

Postby let`s talk » 18 Jan 2012, 19:06

cekoni wrote:They do not read ISU communication? :ps_ih: ISU alow Plushy to compete just on Euros! :)-(:

Of course they read ISU stuff. It doesn't matter. They want to promote Chan, and now Abbott came with "competing against Plush" talking. The NA media is simly using Plush name to make those two look bigger. Oh, our guys will be competing against Plush himself! In fact they realize very well that unlikely this season Plush will meet NA opponents due to his knee operation after Euros, which was said by both Plush and Mishin more than once. But yet Chan and Jeremy just must look big! Oh, god... :ps_ih:
"Осторожно! Фанатка ЕП и ДТ" (weir.ru about let`s talk)
let`s talk

Postby Kudryavka » 19 Jan 2012, 07:27

cekoni wrote:ISU alow Plushy to compete just on Euros! :)-(:

If Zhenya competes at Euros he will have required minimum technical points. I don't remember the point exactly though, maybe it's around 20 points. And I'm sure Zhenya gets it even if he would become a human zamboni like the Canadian :du_ma_et:
He didn't compete for three years, but as soon as I saw him, I knew that there was a true Olympic Champion on the ice. - Takahiko Kozuka, Rostelecom Cup 2009
Kudryavka

Postby cekoni » 19 Jan 2012, 09:48

Journalists write an untruth (due to ignorance, or evil desires).... and then must (to be preserve the legitimacy with its own readers) to continue with it. :kli_ny: :ps_ih:

An obvious example is their statement 2010, that Plushy is disqualified forever! :plush43: .... now they will write, that Plushy had "escaped" from the Worlds - becuase of fear of meeting with the "dreadful" Chan! :)-(:

----------------------------------

Here is more versions of Chan's interview - russian article and english translation.... :mi_ga_et:

Канадский фигурист Чан мечтает сразиться с Плющенко на ЧМ-2012 в Ницце:
http://sport.ria.ru/figure_skating/2012 ... 74678.html

Chan 'Excited' to Face Plushenko at Worlds:
http://en.ria.ru/sports/20120118/170820017.html

lala630312 (19 Jan 2012, 18:40)

cekoni
Administrator

Postby cekoni » 19 Jan 2012, 10:22

http://mn.ru/sports_figure/20120118/309947366.html

«Имя Плющенко работает на него»
Тренер Алексей Урманов оценил для «МН» возможности спортсменов на чемпионате Европы по фигурному катанию

В понедельник в Шеффилде официально открывается чемпионат Европы по фигурному катанию. О мужчинах-одиночниках, которые могут претендовать на призовые места, о своем перспективном ученике Жане Буше рассказал олимпийский чемпион, тренер Алексей УРМАНОВ.

— Кто из фигуристов, на ваш взгляд, может войти в призовую тройку на предстоящем чемпионате?
— Я не открою чего-то нового, перечислю известные имена. На попадание в призеры чемпионата Европы может претендовать испанец Хавьер Фернандес, который в этом сезоне выступает довольно ровно. Брайан Жубер должен подойти к этому старту в хороших кондициях, хотя для француза сезон складывался непросто. Я видел по интернету его выступление на чемпионате Франции — не блестящее. Но до Шеффилда оставался месяц, и у Жубера достаточно времени, чтобы войти в нужную колею. Артур Гачинский постарается что-то показать. Все-таки он бронзовый призер чемпионата мира. Мне кажется, Гачинский будет участвовать в борьбе за призовые места. Во всяком случае, он этого достоин. В список можно добавить чехов, действующего чемпиона Европы Флорана Амодио, нашего Евгения Плющенко.

— По мнению Алексея Мишина, французу Амодио не удастся защитить титул чемпиона Европы, поскольку его программы однотипны.
— C Амодио в этом сезоне происходит что-то не то. Фигурист не может найти своего катания, поэтому в данном случае я с Мишиным соглашусь.

— Каковы шансы Плющенко? После чемпионата России много говорилось о том, что в Саранске спортсмену завышали оценки, но на чемпионате Европы такого не будет.
— Сложный вопрос. В отношении Плющенко мне трудно что-то говорить, и с каждым годом делать это проблематичнее. Ни для кого не секрет, что в начале спортивной карьеры ты зарабатываешь имя, которое потом работает на тебя. Так вот имя Плющенко сейчас работает на него. У Жени есть шарм, подача, обаяние, техника, имя. Совокупность этих составляющих дает ему несомненные преимущества. И если на чемпионате Европы он сумеет преподнести себя, то, в хорошем понимании, этим сможет подкупить судей, которые поставят ему высокие оценки.

lala630312 (19 Jan 2012, 18:40)

cekoni
Administrator

Postby dimi » 19 Jan 2012, 11:24

...human zamboni ... :-) ;;-))) :plush26:
dimi

PreviousNext

Return to Всё о Жене || Everything about Evgeni