НОВОСТИ ФК|| NEWS

Другие фигуристы, различные фигурнокатательные мероприятия || Other skaters and events without Evgeni

Re: НОВОСТИ ФК|| NEWS

Postby karnelove » 31 May 2012, 08:10

clairdelalune wrote:Jason!!!!! :plush31: :plush32:

I love Jason and Joshua so much!

With Jason and Joshua and Artur and Plushy and Liza I think I am going to be VERY busy cheering next season! :plush37:
karnelove

Postby Kudryavka » 03 Jun 2012, 18:49

フィギュア、ソチ合宿が工事遅れで中止
2012年6月3日19時11分
http://www.nikkansports.com/sports/news ... 61803.html

According to the article, Japanese national team has to cancel training camp in Sochi in September due to delay in the construction of Sochi Olympics centre. Hope they finish construction by November :plush44:
He didn't compete for three years, but as soon as I saw him, I knew that there was a true Olympic Champion on the ice. - Takahiko Kozuka, Rostelecom Cup 2009

These users thanked the author Kudryavka for the post:
lala630312 (04 Jun 2012, 10:07)
Rating: 4.17%

Kudryavka

Postby cekoni » 04 Jun 2012, 04:07

http://www.freep.com/article/20120603/S ... ext|Sports

Coach Igor Shpilband fired from position at Canton's Arctic Figure Skating Club

Figure skating coach Igor Shpilband was fired from his position today at the Arctic Figure Skating Club in Canton.

According to Craig O'Neill, longtime general manager of the Arctic Edge, the move was made in part because its top three teams -- including 2010 Olympic gold and silver medalists Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir of Canada, and Americans Meryl Davis and Charlie White -- felt as if "Igor wasn't there anymore for them."

Shpilband, who with Marina Zoueva built the ice dance program in Canton into the world's best after he left the Detroit Skating Club nearly a decade ago, learned of his dismissal at about 5:30 p.m. in a meeting with O'Neill and rink owner John Stansik.

“I'm totally shocked," Shpilband said. "I have to talk to the kids (skaters). I just left a message with Meryl and Charlie. He (O'Neill) said the kids don't want me at the rink anymore. For what reason, I don't know."

Zoueva, who is remaining at the Arctic FSC, said that Shpilband had created a "conflict of interest" because she said he wanted to work exclusively with two new teams. But O'Neill said that wasn't a factor in the decision.

“What John (Stansik) and I did today was all based on the kids," O'Neill said, referring specially to Virtue and Moir, Davis and White, and 2011 world bronze medalists Maia and Alex Shibutani. "Igor did talk about starting his own program, and coaching some of his own kids, and we didn't have issues with that. Our main focus has to be the top three teams.

“There was a lot of issues. This has been going on for a couple of months. He's not focused with the kids. What it came down to was the kids didn't want to skate there (in Canton) anymore with Igor. Either they were leaving or Igor was leaving.

“We told him that the kids weren't going to come back to the rink until we had this meeting with you."

O'Neill said that U.S. Figure Skating was apprised of the problems at the rink since the end of April or beginning of May.

Asked what Shpilband's reaction to his dismissal was, O'Neill said: "He was shocked. Absolutely floored."

Shpilband said that he last met with Davis and White, four-time U.S. champions, a couple of weeks ago before they went on vacation.

“I've always been committed 100% to the skaters," Shpilband said.

These users thanked the author cekoni for the post (total 2):
Kudryavka (04 Jun 2012, 17:57) • lala630312 (04 Jun 2012, 10:07)
Rating: 8.33%

cekoni
Administrator

Postby Kudryavka » 04 Jun 2012, 08:10

cekoni wrote:http://www.freep.com/article/20120603/SPORTS18/120603037/Coach-Igor-Shpilband-Canton-Figure-Skating-Club?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Sports

I read this news morning today with sleepy eyes and :sh_ok:

Now I understood why Scott Moir was clearly irritated, even at WTT :kli_ny: h-mmm--mmmmmmmhh... I think, Russia should get Igor back home :-) plush48
He didn't compete for three years, but as soon as I saw him, I knew that there was a true Olympic Champion on the ice. - Takahiko Kozuka, Rostelecom Cup 2009

lala630312 (04 Jun 2012, 10:07)

Kudryavka

Postby clairdelalune » 04 Jun 2012, 13:26

:sh_ок: :sh_ок: :sh_ок: WHAT??/// :kli_ny:
Russia has to get Igor back home, or support him to open an ice rink somewhere else and send their teams to him. :plush41: They are stupid if they miss this opportunity! plush48
ImageImage
clairdelalune

Postby Дарина » 04 Jun 2012, 14:46

http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20120604/599634236.html

Тренер Шпильбанд уволен из клуба фигурного катания в США

МОСКВА, 4 июн - РИА Новости. Игорь Шпильбанд, тренер олимпийских чемпионов по фигурному катанию в танцах на льду канадцев Тессы Вирчу/Скотта Мойра и экс-чемпионов мира американцев Мэрил Дэвис/Чарли Уайта, уволен с должности в клубе Arctic Figure Skating Club в Кантоне, штат Мичиган (США), сообщает издание Detroit Free Press.

Решение об увольнении Шпильбанда было оглашено на встрече тренера с Крэйгом О'Нилом, генеральным менеджером арены Arctic Edge, где Шпильбанд работает в тандеме с Мариной Зуевой, и владельцем катка Джоном Стансиком.

Главной причиной отстранения Шпильбанда от работы называется недостаточное внимание, которое тренер уделял трем сильнейшим парам клуба - Вирчу/Мойру, Дэвис/Уайту, а также американцам Майе и Алексу Шибутани, бронзовым медалистам чемпионата мира 2011 года. По информации издания, фигуристы выдвинули ультиматум, заявив, что либо они покинут клуб в Кантоне, либо это должен сделать Шпильбанд. :sh_ok:

Комментируя увольнение, Шпильбанд заявил, что шокирован решением руководства клуба. "Мне сказали, что ребята больше не хотят меня видеть на катке. По какой причине, я не знаю, - признался тренер. - Я всегда отдавал им себя на сто процентов".

Специалист рассказал, что в последнее время у него возникали конфликты с Зуевой по причине того, что она принимала решения без консультации с ним.

"Мне кажется, это неправильное поведение в деловом сотрудничестве, - заметил Шпильбанд. - У нас с Мариной шла хорошая работа, и мне бы не хотелось заканчивать ее таким образом. Мы могли бы разойтись после Олимпийских игр в Сочи. В любом деле бывают разногласия, но у Марины, видимо, своя точка зрения, она хотела, чтобы я ушел".

Зуева, как сообщает издание, комментируя увольнение Шпильбанда, заявила, что он создал в клубе конфликт интересов, так как намеревался единолично работать с двумя новыми парами.

Шпильбанд затруднился сообщить, что он намерен делать дальше. "Честно говоря, мне нужно некоторое время, чтобы все обдумать. Пока я не знаю, что буду делать. Если Марина так поставила вопрос, она или я, то это не значит, что все наши ученики думают так же. Они видели, что я вкладывал душу и сердце в работу с ними".

Зуева выразила сожаление в связи с разрывом сотрудничества со Шпильбандом, которое длилось более 10 лет. "Он создал лучшую школу танцев на льду в мире, - подчеркнула специалист. - Я очень расстроена, для меня то, что произошло, очень тяжело".
М. Плисецкая: "Пожалуй, Плющенко похож на Годунова. Тоже высокий, статный, эффектный, уверен в себе. Да и эти длинные развевающиеся на ветру и в пируэтах белые волосы. Такой же тип. И темперамент у него есть, и артистизм."

These users thanked the author Дарина for the post (total 2):
Виктория (04 Jun 2012, 19:30) • Kudryavka (04 Jun 2012, 17:57)

Дарина

Postby Kudryavka » 04 Jun 2012, 17:42

Валентин Писеев: мы с удовольствием предоставим Игорю Шпильбанду все условия для работы в России

04.06.2012 16:56:01 | Figure Skating | News

Сегодня, 4 июня, канадская пресса сообщила о развале блестящего тренерского дуэта Игорь Шпильбанд – Мария Зуева, которые работали в клубе Arctic Figure Skating Club (Кантона, США) с лидерами мировых танцев на льду – олимпийскими чемпионами Тессой Вирчу и Скоттом Мойром (Канада), чемпионами мира Мерил Девис и Чарли Уайтом (США), призёрами чемпионата мира Майей и Алексом Шибутани (США). Игорь Шпильбанд был уволен якобы из-за отказа трёх названных пар продолжать с ним работу. Генеральный директор Федерации фигурного катания на коньках России (ФФККР) Валентин Писеев заявил порталу TEAM RUSSIA-2014, что Россия готова создать Игорю Шпильбанду все условия для работы с отечественными танцорами.

- Честно говоря, очень трудно сейчас что-либо комментировать, - сказал Валентин Писеев. – Не могу поверить, что все случившееся – правда. Марина Зуева и Игорь Шпильбанд много лет работали настолько дружно и слаженно, что просто не хочется во все это верить. Возможно, там сложилась какая-то спорная ситуация и просто эмоции взяли вверх?

- В статье Detroit Free Press говориться о якобы внутренних противоречиях.
- Я допускаю, что они могли быть – это нормально для любого творческого процесса. Но не настолько же сильными, чтобы привести к таким последствиям. Тем более, накануне Олимпийских игр, когда ученики Зуевой и Шпильбанда занимают практически весь пьедестал. Марина и Игорь ведь не просто чемпионов готовили, а создали свое направление в танцах на льду – то есть, работали творчески. На последнем чемпионате мира среди юниоров я разговаривал с Мариной, у нее столько мыслей трезвых о развитии танцев на льду, столько идей творческих!.. Ну, а о работе Игоря, думаю, вообще нет смысла что-либо напоминать, об этом лучше всего говорят результаты американских и канадских танцоров. Повторю, очень трудно поверить, когда распадаются такие творческие союзы, трудно остаться равнодушным и меня, всё-таки, не покидает надежда, что всё в итоге образуется.

- А если информация подтвердится, Федерация фигурного катания на коньках России готова будет предложить Шпильбанду поработать с российскими парами?
- С удовольствием примем и предоставим ему все условия для работы. Пока мы не связывались с Игорем. Насколько я понял, сегодня он должен встретиться со своими учениками Мерил Девис – Чарли Уайтом. Возможно, после этого появится новая, более полная информация, что же там произошло. После этого, сегодня-завтра, возможно, мы сами проявим инициативу и свяжемся с ним.

- После окончания нынешнего сезона к Зуевой и Шпильбанду вместе со своим тренером Алексеем Горшковым для постановки программ и консультаций отправился российский дуэт Екатерина Рязанова – Илья Ткаченко. Не могло это стать поводом для ревности к Шпильбанду со стороны канадских и американских учеников?
- Не думаю. У нас была договоренность и с Мариной, и с Игорем, что Рязанову – Ткаченко они будут не только консультировать, но и помогать им в работе. Да и раньше они всегда были открыты для сотрудничества – вспомните, мы посылали к ним Яну Хохлову. И если уж на то пошло, дуэт Яны Хохловой и Федора Андреева, сына Марины Зуевой, мог представлять в этом смысле большую угрозу.

http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/4587.html

Most likely, Igor refuses to be back in Russia because his family are living in North America. still I hope :plush47:

Виктория (04 Jun 2012, 19:31)

Kudryavka

Postby Kudryavka » 04 Jun 2012, 18:14

cekoni wrote:http://www.freep.com/article/20120603/SPORTS18/120603037/Coach-Igor-Shpilband-Canton-Figure-Skating-Club?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Sports

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13&p=70185#p70144

It seems that Igor's comment was added :mo-ro_zi_vo:

------------------------
Figure skating coach Igor Shpilband was told by the owner of the Arctic Edge Arena and its general manager today that he is no longer at their club.

"I just got fired," Shpilband said this afternoon.

Shpilband said that he and Zoueva have had conflicts recently, namely over Zoueva's scheduling of their teams, saying that she hadn't been consulting him.

"To me, that's not a good partnership," he said. "Me and Marina had a good run, and I don't want it to end like this; two years after the Olympics (2014 in Sochi) we could have gone our seperate ways.

"Every partnership has arguments -- it our business together. It's give and take, but Marina didn't see it that way. She wanted me to go away. I worked for many years before Marina, I built and took skaters to the top podium in the world. But I felt like I needed Marina to (go) from worlds to the Olympics, which (was) incredible -- we did it together."

Shpilband said that when he spoke with Mitch Moyer, senior director of athlete high performance at U.S. Figure Skating, he said was about the "issue I had with Marina."

Shpilband said tonight that he will be meeting Monday with Davis and White.

Reached by phone, Davis declined comment. Attempts to reach Moir and White were unsuccessful.

"Honestly, I need some time to regroup," Shpilband said. "I don't know what I'm going to do. If Marina put it in a way -- her or me -- OK, I hope that not all skaters go that way, that they see (that ) I put my heart and soul into this."

Zoueva, who has worked with Shpilband since 2001, said: "He built the best-ever ice dance school. I'm very very sad. For me, it's real hard."

Shpilband's influence in ice dance in the United States has been huge over the last 20 years since he defected in 1990 from the Soviet Union and arrived at the Detroit Skating Club. He became an American citizen in 2000.

Shpilband coached many U.S. teams to national and international prominence, including Elizabeth Punsalan and Jerod Swallow, who won four of their five U.S. titles in the 1990s under his mentorship.

In 1998, Shpilband partnered Tanith Belbin with Ben Agosto, whom with their silver medal finish at the 2006 Torino Games became the first American ice dance team to win an Olympic medal in 30 years.

Ice dance teams from the Arctic FSC have won seven of the last nine world medals, including in 2011 in Moscow, when Davis and White, Virtue and Moir, and the Shibutani siblings completed the first-ever North American sweep of the ice dance medals. With the win, Davis and White also brought home the first-ever American world gold medal in the discipline.
Kudryavka

Postby cekoni » 05 Jun 2012, 01:07

Тренер фигуристов Шпильбанд создал конфликт интересов - Зуева:
http://www.rsport.ru/figure_skating/201 ... 72867.html

Shpilband searches for new rink in Michigan:
http://www.icenetwork.com/news/article. ... y=ice_news

These users thanked the author cekoni for the post (total 2):
Kudryavka (07 Jun 2012, 15:43) • lala630312 (05 Jun 2012, 17:44)

cekoni
Administrator

Postby Kudryavka » 07 Jun 2012, 18:26

6/7/2012
Olympic Champions Virtue and Moir Confirm Plans for 2012-2013 Season

OTTAWA, ON: The 2010 Olympic Ice Dance Champions and two-time world champions Tessa Virtue, 23, London, Ont., and Scott Moir, 24, Ilderton, Ont., plan to continue training in Canton, Michigan. With preparation underway for the 2012-2013 season, Marina Zoueva will be the main coach for the team.

When the duo returned to their training base in Canton after a six-week absence which saw them touring with Stars on Ice and taking some planned vacation time, they learned that their coaching team of Marina Zoueva and Igor Shpiland would no longer be working together.

The two had moved to Canton, Michigan at the ages of 15 and 17 to train with the team of Shpilband and Zoueva. According to Moir, “their coaching partnership provided an enjoyable and productive training environment and together we experienced great success on the ice. We were obviously disappointed to receive the news that our coaching team of Marina and Igor will no longer be working together.”

Virtue appreciated the positive relationship they have shared with Shpilband during that eight-year period. “It was an honour to work with him every day, and we respect his dance knowledge and technical expertise. We are very grateful to him for everything he has helped us achieve.”

The duo is back on the ice preparing for the upcoming skating season and focused on training. Virtue added, “We’re in in the process of creating two new programs and are really excited to compete in the 2012-2013 skating season.”

The two are scheduled to compete at two events on the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating® circuit this fall, Skate Canada International in Windsor, Ont., October 26-28 and Rostelecom Cup in Moscow, Russia, November 9-11.

http://www.skatecanada.ca/AboutUs/NewsD ... d/2157/sni[2797]/1763/language/en-US/Default.aspx

-------------
Top 3 couples continue to work with Zoueva, only Shpilband was kicked out.... :du_ma_et:

lala630312 (07 Jun 2012, 22:08)

Kudryavka

PreviousNext

Return to Мир фигурного катания || Figure Skating