Мужчины || Men

Другие фигуристы, различные фигурнокатательные мероприятия || Other skaters and events without Evgeni

Re: Мужчины || Men

Postby let`s talk » 17 Dec 2011, 18:31

Ha-ha. Joannie Rochette is also a French-speaking Canadian. But she doesn't rant a la pchiddy crap.
"Осторожно! Фанатка ЕП и ДТ" (weir.ru about let`s talk)
let`s talk

Postby cekoni » 19 Dec 2011, 03:52

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/text/sp20111219f1.html
Monday, Dec. 19, 2011

Oda won't compete at nationals

Figure skater Nobunari Oda will be missing the upcoming national championships in Osaka as he continues to recover from an injured left knee, his mother and coach Noriko said Sunday.

Oda had hinted he would skip the Dec. 23-25 event at Namihaya Dome after hurting his knee at the Trophee Bompard in Paris last month.

He was diagnosed with a partial tear of a tendon in his left kneecap in May but recovered in time to perform in the recently concluded Grand Prix series.

The 24-year-old finished second at the Cup of China but slumped to seventh in Paris, leaving him out of the six-man Grand Prix Final field.
cekoni
Administrator

Postby clairdelalune » 19 Dec 2011, 11:20

cekoni wrote:Blah-blah... about PChan's "big mouth" :ps_ih:

... “He does have a bit of a lack of filter,” said William Thompson, chief executive officer for Skate Canada. “We all know that. That is part of his charm, but sometimes his mouth gets a little bit ahead of his thoughts.”

In English, Mr. Chan tends to talk in a stream-of-consciousness fashion and the words sometimes tumble out like freshets of water, uninhibited. After all, English is not his first language. It is his third....

Chan: “French is a little easier for me,” he said. “I'm quite direct and to the point. With English, I sometimes add more drama to it.”

The truth behind Patrick Chan’s China crisis:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/t ... clecontent

Ridiculous!!!!! What a stupid explanation, they are more dumb than Patrick Chan himself!!! :ps_ih: Besides IMHO, Patrick speaks English better than French, I´ve seen some of his interviews in French and he´s clearly more fluent in English, there´s no doubt about it. :ze_le_ny:
ImageImage
clairdelalune

Postby cekoni » 22 Dec 2011, 03:54

Бриан Жубер: «Я способен выиграть чемпионат Европы»:
http://www.sports.ru/others/figure-skat ... 04424.html

Амодио получил повреждение спины на чемпионате Франции:
http://www.sports.ru/others/figure-skat ... 31061.html
cekoni
Administrator

Postby Таня » 28 Dec 2011, 22:31

Фигуриста Патрика Чана признали лучшим спортсменом года в Канаде

20:4328/12/2011

МОСКВА, 28 дек - РИА Новости. Действующий чемпион мира в одиночном фигурном катании Патрик Чан был признан лучшим спортсменом 2011 года в Канаде, сообщает Canadian Press.

По итогам опроса, проведенного среди канадских спортивных изданий и вещательных компаний, 20-летний фигурист набрал 102 балла, опередив теннисиста Милоша Раонича (70) и чемпиона мира в среднем весе по смешанным единоборствам Жоржа Сент-Пьера (66).

В апреле Чан триумфально выиграл чемпионат планеты в Москве, обновив мировые рекорды в короткой (93,02 балла) и произвольной (187,96) программах и в итоговой сумме (280,98). Затем уроженец Оттавы победил на этапах Гран-при в Канаде и Париже, а в декабре стал лучшим и в финальной части турнира.

http://sport.ria.ru/figure_skating/20111228/528746805.html
Евгений Плющенко: "Спорт - это моя жизнь. Спортивные достижения во славу России - это моя религия. Для меня это не просто слова, это суть всего, что я делал и делаю в спорте."
Таня

Postby let`s talk » 09 Jan 2012, 16:21

Song at Chinese games. He is quite stable at 4t-3t:
"Осторожно! Фанатка ЕП и ДТ" (weir.ru about let`s talk)

These users thanked the author let`s talk for the post (total 2):
Таня (10 Jan 2012, 07:44) • lala630312 (09 Jan 2012, 23:31)
Rating: 8.33%

let`s talk

Postby cekoni » 16 Jan 2012, 06:19

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/01/ ... of-season/

Patrick Chan brings clear head to second half of season

Sometime during the four days in late December he spent in Las Vegas celebrating his 21st birthday, between watching Cirque du Soleil shows and the blackjack tables, Patrick Chan stopped feeling like the performer, and became part of the audience.

“I left Vegas almost forgetting I was a skater, which was great,” Chan said on Friday conference call. “It is exactly what I wanted, and Vegas does that for you, and it is somewhere I would love to go back.”

After returning to training in Colorado Springs, Chan says he now feels prepared to kick off the second half of his season by defending his Canadian title next week at the national championships in Moncton, N.B., then competing in select international events before defending his world title at March’s world championships in Nice, France.

“I’m almost feeling as good as I felt before last year’s world championships,” he said.

Chan had an excellent start to the 2011-2012 season, debuting a new long program that helped him win two Grand Prix events, leading to victory at the Grand Prix Final in Quebec City in December, along with collecting the Lou Marsh Award as Canada’s top athlete in 2011. He was nevertheless heavily criticized for a Reuters interview in which he said he would ideally want to skate for both Canada and China.

His vacation fell soon after he made the rounds trying to explain the nuances of his comments, and Chan says he returned to the ice eager to perfect his long program, skated to the Adagio from Concierto de Aranjuez by Joaquin Rodrigo. Although Chan has received plenty of points for his footwork, he has found it difficult to consistently land big jumps, especially quads. So he continues to meticulously skate through the section of his program leading into the four-revolution leaps.

“What was noticeable was my skating was very frantic, as opposed to just having a nice pace,” the Ottawa-native said.

But anytime he speaks about his own quads, Chan inevitably reiterates his skepticism about a program full of increasingly more difficult jumps. As more male skaters festoon their practices and programs with quad Lutzs and Salchows, there is a expectation the four-time Canadian champion will follow, to maintain his advantage on the rest of the field.

“It is something that I’ve left on the back burner because it seems that I took a couple steps back [on quads] after the off-season,” Chan said. “And over the summer I really felt like I had to focus on the new long program, because I don’t want to get too ahead of myself by adding the quad Salchows in the long program.”

And anytime he speaks about quads and how high the competitive bar is being raised, the questions naturally move next to Chan and his career. Former Olympic champion Evgeni Plushenko is expected to enter this month’s European Championship, after skating in exhibitions in 2010. The three-time Olympic medallist from Russian intends to skate in his home country at the 2014 games in Sochi, when he will be 31.

Chan has continuously stressed he desire to pursue interests away from the rink, and has hesitated to commit to skating at the Sochi Games. He was more open to speaking about 2014 Friday, and is excited to compete against Plushenko, who he memorably called “old” before the Vancouver games, in the near future.
:-)

But the desire to move away from competitive skating, to cease being the performer and begin carving a future for himself, crackles within Chan. At this point, a career as an amateur figure skater does not appeal to him.

“I definitely want to go to school, that is a big part of my life that I’m interested in, as well as my parents. We all want me to go to school and get a degree,” he said.

“But also the other side of my mind says I would like to take advantage of my youth and try something else, try another sport, and see how well I can do in a whole different mental environment.

“Again, it goes back to saying whatever opportunities are given to me after a certain point.”

These users thanked the author cekoni for the post:
lala630312 (16 Jan 2012, 19:01)
Rating: 4.17%

cekoni
Administrator

Postby clairdelalune » 16 Jan 2012, 11:25

cekoni wrote:http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/01/13/patrick-chan-brings-clear-head-to-second-half-of-season/

Patrick Chan brings clear head to second half of season

Oh, no, Chan has opened his mouth again. :ps_ih: :kli_ny: Boy, skate, for the love of God and STFU!!!!!
:plush44:
ImageImage
clairdelalune

Postby whitebamboo » 16 Jan 2012, 13:30

cekoni wrote:http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/01/13/patrick-chan-brings-clear-head-to-second-half-of-season/

“What was noticeable was my skating was very frantic, as opposed to just having a nice pace,” the Ottawa-native said.

Hmmm, when he says his own skating was "frantic", does he mean it as a good or a bad thing? :plush38: (This is an honest question, I really can't tell from the context.)

And anytime he speaks about quads and how high the competitive bar is being raised, the questions naturally move next to Chan and his career. Former Olympic champion Evgeni Plushenko is expected to enter this month’s European Championship, after skating in exhibitions in 2010. The three-time Olympic medallist from Russian intends to skate in his home country at the 2014 games in Sochi, when he will be 31.

One phrase that tends to annoy me in these articles is "former" Olympic champion, I have to say. As I understood it, Plushenko is an Olympic champion; the word "former" is only applicable if someone has been stripped of an Olympic medal.
whitebamboo

Postby clairdelalune » 16 Jan 2012, 13:42

whitebamboo wrote:Hmmm, when he says his own skating was "frantic", does he mean it as a good or a bad thing? :plush38: (This is an honest question, I really can't tell from the context.)

Hm....I dunno, I understand that he was nervous. :ne_vi_del:

whitebamboo wrote:
One phrase that tends to annoy me in these articles is "former" Olympic champion, I have to say. As I understood it, Plushenko is an Olympic champion; the word "former" is only applicable if someone has been stripped of an Olympic medal.

True, all Olympic Champions are Olympic Champions, even if they passed away. Nobody is "former". :plush43:
ImageImage
clairdelalune

PreviousNext

Return to Мир фигурного катания || Figure Skating