Другие интересные новости || Other interesting news

Любим! Надеемся! Верим!
We love you! We believe in you!

Re: Другие интересные новости || Other interesting news

Postby lisek » 16 Mar 2013, 16:59

cekoni wrote:Due Worlds 2013 Men results...

@JohnnyGWeir:
https://twitter.com/JohnnyGWeir/status/ ... 1490768897

This judging is ridiculous and the only reason people buy it is because it's in North America. Imagine the outcry if it were Russia+Plush!?

--------------

@missklovatt:
I don't always agree with JWeir, but he's definitely right. If this was Plushenko in Russia, the complaints would be deafening. #fsworlds13

@itshelene:
Who bets Plushenko is sitting at home thinking, "I can easily beat all these guys even with my artificial knees and discs." #FSWorld13

@TelmoFe:
Now I believe Plushenko can wins Olympics not because he's good enough,because the socres system is a shit and it'l be in Russia #FSWorlds13

:ni_zia: I hope :plush47: :-)

The time now is Chanada, but for the year will be Plussia! :bra_vo: :-) :du_el:

These users thanked the author lisek for the post (total 5):
lala630312 (17 Mar 2013, 23:26) • Грин (17 Mar 2013, 19:29) • Kokito (17 Mar 2013, 11:27) • Виктория (16 Mar 2013, 17:49) • cekoni (16 Mar 2013, 17:38)
Rating: 20.83%

lisek

Postby cekoni » 16 Mar 2013, 17:42

More disscusions from twitter :-) ... and alll that, JUST because Ten's coach is American :)-(:

@examinerskating:
Lost amongst it all - Ten wins Kazakhstan's 1st ISU Champs medal, Fernandez wins Spain 1st World medal http://exm.nr/12Us8sC #FSWorlds13

@LynnRutherford:
@examinerskating I don't think that has been lost.

@examinerskating:
@LynnRutherford Glad to hear. Twitter is just abuzz with anger and dismay.

@LynnRutherford:
@examinerskating Well, short program counts, ya know? And what is skating fandom without outrage.

@examinerskating:
@LynnRutherford hehe true. This is, however, one instance where I don't think I can explain away the result. Chan's PCS really was too high.

Todd Eldredge ‏@toddeldredge:
@examinerskating @lynnrutherford @olyphil Is Chanflation back? Or did it ever leave? Shouldn't falling affect components? Puzzled in FL!

‏@toddeldredge:
@shutupbuck Last I checked 2 falls back in the day didn't earn a World Title. No disrespect to Patrick but it was Denis' night.

@leeanne_Robin:
@toddeldredge @shutupbuck But there were not 2 quads in your day either: the sport is changed & skaters have been pushed to more content :)

@toddeldredge:
@leeanne_Robin @shutupbuck well actually there were. Plushenko did 2, Yagudin did 2 & Goebel did 3. It's hasn't advanced as much in that way

@leeanne_Robin:
@toddeldredge @shutupbuck I hear you but those 2 quads and all the other components allowed him to hold on to the lead ..."barely" :)

@toddeldredge:
@leeanne_Robin @shutupbuck His components were above Ten by over 2 pts! Performance/Execution & skating skills should be affected by falling
The overall performance at a ballet with 2 falls wouldn't be considered great execution.
I like Patricks skating a lot but when it's an off night the scores should reflect it & I think it would make
Sochi more interesting with more of a rivalry developing instead of talk of corruption & poor use of the IJS.

These users thanked the author cekoni for the post (total 4):
lala630312 (17 Mar 2013, 23:26) • Gabry (17 Mar 2013, 19:48) • Грин (17 Mar 2013, 19:32) • Виктория (16 Mar 2013, 17:49)
Rating: 16.67%

cekoni
Administrator

Postby whitebamboo » 16 Mar 2013, 18:44

@JohnnyGWeir:

This judging is ridiculous and the only reason people buy it is because it's in North America. Imagine the outcry if it were Russia+Plush!?

--------------

@missklovatt:
I don't always agree with JWeir, but he's definitely right. If this was Plushenko in Russia, the complaints would be deafening. #fsworlds13

@itshelene:
Who bets Plushenko is sitting at home thinking, "I can easily beat all these guys even with my artificial knees and discs." #FSWorld13

@TelmoFe:
Now I believe Plushenko can wins Olympics not because he's good enough,because the socres system is a shit and it'l be in Russia #FSWorlds13

I have to say that to be honest, I am a little irritated that quite a number of skating fans are talking about "OMG the Olympics are going to be in Russia and the Russian skaters are going to be sooooo overscored" right now. In effect, it seems to be preemptively setting up any possible good results by Russian skaters (including and maybe especially Plushy), which hasn't happened yet, as "unfair"--nearly a year in advance. Maybe I'm biased, but I can't help but wonder if it is not being used by some to distract from the judging controversies that have actually occurred.

And as for Plushy, at this point frankly I"ll be glad if the judges don't try to push him down as a representative of the "old" again, and if there is a bit less of an attack campaign on the part of the NA press....(though I kinda doubt it, given the way some of them have been writing)

These users thanked the author whitebamboo for the post (total 3):
lilywang (18 Mar 2013, 20:59) • lala630312 (17 Mar 2013, 23:26) • Gabry (17 Mar 2013, 19:49)
Rating: 12.5%

whitebamboo

Postby cekoni » 17 Mar 2013, 02:30

whitebamboo wrote:

I have to say that to be honest, I am a little irritated that quite a number of skating fans are talking about "OMG the Olympics are going to be in Russia and the Russian skaters are going to be sooooo overscored" right now. In effect, it seems to be preemptively setting up any possible good results by Russian skaters (including and maybe especially Plushy), which hasn't happened yet, as "unfair"--nearly a year in advance. Maybe I'm biased, but I can't help but wonder if it is not being used by some to distract from the judging controversies that have actually occurred.

And as for Plushy, at this point frankly I"ll be glad if the judges don't try to push him down as a representative of the "old" again, and if there is a bit less of an attack campaign on the part of the NA press....(though I kinda doubt it, given the way some of them have been writing)

On the one hand, it is good if anyone can manage to change something in the present state of "worshiping of Chan's" :a_g_a:

... but I highly doubt in the "pure motives" of those who are now revolting against - they only wants an "inflation" to replace with inflation of some other skater. :plush34: Because, why would American FS experts (media) JUST now noticed "Chanflation"? :kli_ny:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/co ... s/1992075/
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/ct ... 8346.story
http://www.latimes.com/sports/olympics/ ... 7759.story
http://www.flutzingaround.com/2013/03/w ... -2013.html
http://www.examiner.com/article/opining ... components
Maybe because now he won over skater, whom trains an American coach - Frank Carroll? :)-(:

Where was their "sense of justice", when Plushy received embarrassingly low scores for his SP at the Olympics in Vancouver, and as the result - Lysacek managed to beat him in the end?! :plush43:
... Oh, what a coincidence - his coach was ALSO Frank Carroll! :ps_ih:

Anyway - "Sochi campaign" has already begun.... :plush34:

These users thanked the author cekoni for the post (total 3):
Gabry (17 Mar 2013, 19:51) • whitebamboo (17 Mar 2013, 05:41) • lisek (17 Mar 2013, 05:28)
Rating: 12.5%

cekoni
Administrator

Postby whitebamboo » 17 Mar 2013, 05:35

cekoni wrote:On the one hand, it is good if anyone can manage to change something in the present state of "worshiping of Chan's" :a_g_a:

... but I highly doubt in the "pure motives" of those who are now revolting against - they only wants an "inflation" to replace with inflation of some other skater. :plush34: Because, why would American FS experts (media) JUST now noticed "Chanflation"? :kli_ny:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/co ... s/1992075/
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/ct ... 8346.story
http://www.latimes.com/sports/olympics/ ... 7759.story
http://www.flutzingaround.com/2013/03/w ... -2013.html
http://www.examiner.com/article/opining ... components
Maybe because now he won over skater, whom trains an American coach - Frank Carroll? :)-(:

Where was their "sense of justice", when Plushy received embarrassingly low scores for his SP at the Olympics in Vancouver, and as the result - Lysacek managed to beat him in the end?! :plush43:
... Oh, what a coincidence - his coach was ALSO Frank Carroll! :ps_ih:

Anyway - "Sochi campaign" has already begun.... :plush34:

Yes, I agree with this completely.

I don't follow the NA experts you linked to very much, but from what I've seen, I think personally I have the most respect for Jackie Wong, who I think is generally reasonable, and there are a number of things I agree with him about, such as the COP's problem of not addressing the difficulty of combination jumps (though I have some reservations about his understanding of "art"). Christine Brennan only a few days ago wrote a quite nasty and ill-informed piece about how Russian skaters are going to be overscored due to politics at Sochi (including more of the usual Plushy bashing re Vancouver and the so-called "Platinum medal" business). I have to say I don't know much about her, but just this piece seemed to be on a par with some of DiManno's work, if you know what I mean. With Tony Wheeler, I remember having a brief conversation with him a long time ago at LJ, which arose out of an article of his regarding one of Chan's multiple-falls wins. To his credit, he was not defending it, but at the same time he implicitly (or maybe not so implicitly) blamed Plushy and his supporters for it happening--because Plushy argued for the importance of the quad and the increase of its value, and somehow that led to Chan winning with several falls...I asked him some questions, and to be honest, I ended up being not very impressed with the logic of his answers. And Phil Hersh, again I must say that I don't read many of his articles, perhaps that's the reason why most of things I read from him seemed like proxy pieces for Frank Carroll...

(Sorry, I've been feeling a bit vicious the last few days.. :ps_ih: :ps_ih: )

But even with this rant, I agree with them about this particular result of this World Championships...

These users thanked the author whitebamboo for the post (total 2):
lala630312 (17 Mar 2013, 23:27) • Gabry (17 Mar 2013, 19:53)
Rating: 8.33%

whitebamboo

Postby cekoni » 17 Mar 2013, 15:07

whitebamboo wrote:...
(Sorry, I've been feeling a bit vicious the last few days.. :ps_ih: :ps_ih: )

But even with this rant, I agree with them about this particular result of this World Championships...

You're not "vicious" - than we have a bad experience in the past... :plush35:
We'll see if they will repeat the same propaganda pattern as before 2010 Olympics :ze_le_ny: - and therefore, we must be careful :plush34:

These users thanked the author cekoni for the post:
Gabry (17 Mar 2013, 19:54)
Rating: 4.17%

cekoni
Administrator

Postby anna54 » 18 Mar 2013, 02:29

@JohnnyGWeir:

--------------

What a sad spectacle the Men's Worlds 2013!

@missklovatt:

@itshelene:

@TelmoFe:

:ni_zia: I hope :plush47: :-)

These users thanked the author anna54 for the post (total 2):
lala630312 (18 Mar 2013, 22:44) • Gabry (18 Mar 2013, 22:23)

anna54

Postby Kudryavka » 18 Mar 2013, 07:58

lisek wrote:
cekoni wrote:@TelmoFe:

I do hope it will really happen in Sochi. Tho I don't think the future is so easy :-(
He didn't compete for three years, but as soon as I saw him, I knew that there was a true Olympic Champion on the ice. - Takahiko Kozuka, Rostelecom Cup 2009

These users thanked the author Kudryavka for the post:
lala630312 (18 Mar 2013, 22:43)
Rating: 4.17%

Kudryavka

Postby cekoni » 18 Mar 2013, 17:53

Kudryavka wrote:
lisek wrote:

I do hope it will really happen in Sochi. Tho I don't think the future is so easy :-(

Do not be so "catastrophic" :mi_ga_et: ..... you alone see, what Plushy said in his interview:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6&start=2230#p78196
... And no need to scare me with Chan. Chan is good sportsman, he spins well, just now jumps well. Judges love him, they love all the North Americans in general. But if we skate well at the Olympics in Sochi, we shall also get such scores. But if we skate badly, we shall be... on the 19th place...

Of course, all we would like to see him on the highest spot on the podium :plush41: - but should to be realistic (optimistic), as he is :a_g_a:

These users thanked the author cekoni for the post (total 4):
simona (19 Mar 2013, 01:56) • lala630312 (18 Mar 2013, 22:43) • Gabry (18 Mar 2013, 22:24) • lovplush (18 Mar 2013, 18:12)
Rating: 16.67%

cekoni
Administrator

Postby lisek » 19 Mar 2013, 03:29

Kudryavka wrote:
lisek wrote:

I think in Sochi will be a great event, a feast for fans of Plushenko. For me the most important thing is that I could see his skating. I just think that a lot of fans around the world. And this is precisely Plussia :-): :plush45:

I'm sorry for my poor english. Sometimes I don't understand what I write :-) ::yaz-yk:

These users thanked the author lisek for the post (total 2):
Грин (19 Mar 2013, 18:44) • cekoni (19 Mar 2013, 18:11)

lisek

PreviousNext

Return to Всё о Жене || Everything about Evgeni