Пресса, интервью|| Press about Evgeni ON Ice

Любим! Надеемся! Верим!
We love you! We believe in you!

Re: Пресса о Жене, интервью Жени || Press about Evgeni ON Ic

Postby cekoni » 09 Aug 2011, 19:42

lovplush wrote:...
I have just subscribed to this magazine for 1 year digital version :-): I will post the article as soon as I got it :-) finger crossed :-):

Great - many thanks! :bra_vo: :plush40:

P.S. I heard that digital version will be already in august :mi_ga_et: :hi_hi_hi:

---------------------------

P.S.S. I would also like, that someone from Germany find this magazine :plush39: :smu:sche_nie:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6&start=1120#p55442
cekoni
Administrator

Postby lovplush » 09 Aug 2011, 22:41

Now I can read the issue for August. With Patrick Chan as the cover.

There is no active links for the issue of Sep/Oct yet.
Plushenko Chinese Fans Club: http://www.plushycnfanclub.org/
lovplush

Postby cekoni » 10 Aug 2011, 05:25

lovplush wrote:Now I can read the issue for August. With Patrick Chan as the cover.

There is no active links for the issue of Sep/Oct yet.

:plush45: pay attention from the middle of the month ... and maybe they will notify you :hi_hi_hi:
cekoni
Administrator

Postby lovplush » 12 Aug 2011, 19:03

Hi, I got the new IFS. I have converted the article of plushy's interview into PDF file:

http://www.mediafire.com/?bda5qe24k9e7czn

For this moment, I also put a copy here:

http://www.lovplush.com/resources/International%20Figure%20Skating%20-%20October%202011EP.pdf

These users thanked the author lovplush for the post (total 8):
let`s talk (13 Aug 2011, 12:21) • lala630312 (13 Aug 2011, 00:08) • simona (12 Aug 2011, 22:59) • cekoni (12 Aug 2011, 22:54) • Виктория (12 Aug 2011, 22:01) • Ирина (12 Aug 2011, 20:48) • Дарина (12 Aug 2011, 20:45) • maolmi (12 Aug 2011, 19:14)
Rating: 33.33%

lovplush

Postby Виктория » 12 Aug 2011, 22:04

Lovplush, спасибо :ro_za: Переведите, пожалуйста, кто-нибудь :smu:sche_nie: :ro_za:
«На собственном опыте знаю, как ужасны для активного спортсмена боли в спине. Испытывавший боли в области спины, перенесший серьёзные операции, Плющенко совершил в Сочи настоящий подвиг», — убеждена Линичук.
Виктория

Postby cekoni » 12 Aug 2011, 22:57

lovplush wrote:Hi, I got the new IFS. I have converted the article of plushy's interview into PDF file:

Many thanks lovplush! :plush40: :ya_hoo_oo:

P.S. can you copy/paste here plain text, to be translated to russian? :smu:sche_nie: :ro_za:
cekoni
Administrator

Postby lovplush » 13 Aug 2011, 00:09

The text:

Evgeni Plushenko
Rising to the Challenge

by Tatjana Flade

When Evgeni Plushenko announced he was returning to the amateur rands in 2009 with the intention of competing at the 2010 Olympic Winter games, most people believed it was just empty talk.
But the 2006 Olympic champion was true to his word. After winning a sixth European title in early 2010, Plushenko claimed his third Olympic medal (silver) in Vancouver, a feat no other living singles skater can lay claim to.

Competitive Spirit
Four months later the International Skating Union (ISU) banned Plushenko from amateur competition after the Russian superstar, who had withdrawn from the 2010 World championships citing injury, performed in exhibitions in March and April without the sanction of his federation.

Plushenko did not appeal the decision at that time, but 11 months later the Russian Skating Federation petitioned the ISU for his reinstatement. Plushenko’s amateur status was restored in June 2011.

His desire to return to competition now begs the same question as it did before Vancouver: What motivates this decorated athlete to return to grueling practice sessions and tough competitions when he could enjoy life, making a good living performing in shows?

“Shows are nice, but they are lacking the extreme,” he explained. “I look for the extreme. I went to classes for extreme car and motorcycle driving and I started to play paintball, but all this wasn’t enough. Figure skating is an extreme sport. When you are competing, you feel this adrenaline. I wanted to come back in 2010 and test myself one more time, and I think it went well. The whole season was great.

“That the judges gave me second place in Vancouver doesn’t matter. I skated well and I did everything I had planned, and therefore I am happy with that,” the 28-year-old added.

It is the hunger for that adrenaline rush that still drives Plushenko, who has now set another ambitious goal for himself: competing at the 2014 Olympic Winter Games in Sochi, Russia. “It is my dream to compete in my fourth Olympic Games in my home country and assure my spot in the history of figure skating, so I will try,” he said.

“Yes, I do already have my place in the history of figure skating, but I can confirm it again at a very high level. The first season maybe won’t be so good, but I still have time to prepare, train and experiment for that most important season. I want to train and I want to compete and to show good programs.”

Renewed Motivation
Plushenko knows that the competition will be tough three years down the road, but he remains undaunted. “The main thing is to be injury-free,” he said. “Right now I have injuries and that worries me a little. My left knee was hurting again, and I had meniscus surgery in June. But apart from that my mood is good, competitive.”

He attended the 2011 World Championships in Moscow as a spectator and watched Patrick Chan, 20, claim his first World title in a convicing manner over Japan’s Takahiko Kozuka (22) and 18-year-old Artur Gachinski.

“Patrick skated really well and did quads and all the triples,” Plushenko said. “Everybody is developing, and right now I’m learning a lot from the young skaters. Artur has been skating very well and I think training with him is good for me.

“Competition is always good; remember there was a time when (Alexei) urmanov, (Alexei) yagudin and I all trained together. We pushed each other. With Artur in the group, I have a sparring partner. He does a quad and I have to do a quad as well.” Both skaters train under the guidance of coach Alexei Mishin.

Plushenko plans to include the quad Salchow or Lutz jumps (which he landed in practive a few years ago) in his new programs. “I like to jump and I like new quads,” he said with a smile. “Obviously it is different now from how it used to be. When I was like 18 or 20 I just jumped and rotated without thinking, but now my body needs more work, more training. It is not easy.”

The Russian star has canceled most of his show appearances in order to focus on training and preparation for the upcoming season. He planned to attend the summer training camps Mishin held in Europe from mid-June to early August.

Plushenko said he is working on his new programs and has invited ideas from new choreographers. “I’ve already chosen the music for the free skate. I won’t make it public yet. All I can tell you is that it is something tragic,” he said. At press time, the theme for the short program was still a work in process.

His main choreographer this season will be Marina Iatsevitch, a former ballet dancer who performed with the Bolshoi theatre. He will still continue to work with longtime choreographer David Avdish.

Plushenko also wants to get direction on transitions from Kurt Browning. “I really want to work with Kurt. We’ve basically agreed on working together for two weeks this summer,” he said.

New Horizons
When asked what lies ahead once he retires from competitive skating, Plushenko said he is already making plans for the future. “I want to open my own skating school here in St. Petersburg.” He wants to continue the work of Mishin, his longtime coach and mentor, and collaborate on a project with him.

“I have this dream to build a school, not just a skating school with an ice rink, but maybe with a place where the young skaters can live train and study,” Plushenko explained. “I also would like to produce my own skating shows. I have a lot of plans. I want to stay involved with skating and help to educate new athletes.”

He has already sought out private investors for his skating school project and is also hoping for support from the Russian government. “We still don’t have enough ice rinks in St. Petersburg. We need to invest now,” the three-time World champion said. “Everybody is talking about building for Sochi in 2014, but what will happen after 2014? We need to look further into the future as new kids are growing up and figure skating continues to develop.”

But right now Plushenko is looking forward to the new season. His is on good terms with the Russian federation, which has agreed to sponsor him. “They already paid for the new programs and the choreographers.”

His wife, Yana Rudkovskaya, is supporting his comeback. “She said she’s going to travel with me everywhere,” Plushenko said.
“The most important point is to overcome this barrier in yourself, and this is hard. It is hard to wake up in the morning and to drive from home to the ice rink. The first practice is fine, but then in the middle of the week it gets more difficult and there is the need to overcome myself,” he explained. “On the other hand I like that. That is another challenge for me.”

“Like my Latin tattoo Viam supervadet vadens says: ‘The path will be overcome by the one who walks it,’” Plushenko said as he pulled up his sleeve to show the tattoo on his right forearm. “You have to overcome yourself and this you only can achieve if you are trying, moving forward and working hard.”

- "I know I will be 31 in 2014, but physically and mentally I'm still young."
- "The easy way would be to hang up my skates. Anyone can do that, but not everyone can overcome himself."

These users thanked the author lovplush for the post (total 2):
Gal4onok (13 Aug 2011, 07:52) • lala630312 (13 Aug 2011, 00:25)
Rating: 8.33%

lovplush

Postby lala630312 » 13 Aug 2011, 00:26

THX you Lovplush!!! :plush40: :ki_ss:
lala630312

Postby cekoni » 13 Aug 2011, 00:31

lovplush wrote:The text:

Evgeni Plushenko
Rising to the Challenge

“I’ve already chosen the music for the free skate. I won’t make it public yet. All I can tell you is that it is something tragic,” he said. At press time, the theme for the short program was still a work in process.

- "The easy way would be to hang up my skates. Anyone can do that, but not everyone can overcome himself."

Many thanks again, lovplush! :-|-: :bra_vo: :plush40:

Plushy really can overcome himself - AGAIN! :plush41: :ry_car: :plush14:

"Tragic FS, SP still in work"... :kli_ny: :ps_ih: Evgeni is soooooooooooo mysterious and secretive, he would confuse any spies! :-)
cekoni
Administrator

Postby whitebamboo » 13 Aug 2011, 01:50

Thank you so much, lovplush!! :plush31:

It's a really well-written article, and Plushy says such inspiring things in it (as he so often does). I am very intrigued by this "tragic" music...

When Evgeni Plushenko announced he was returning to the amateur rands in 2009 with the intention of competing at the 2010 Olympic Winter games, most people believed it was just empty talk.
But the 2006 Olympic champion was true to his word. After winning a sixth European title in early 2010, Plushenko claimed his third Olympic medal (silver) in Vancouver, a feat no other living singles skater can lay claim to.

I really appreciate Tatjana Flade spelling this out. For some reason I often see people (sometimes not even just haters) bashing Plushy's 09/10 season, somehow completely losing sight of the fact that what he achieved that season was actually an amazing and unprecedented achievement.

“I have this dream to build a school, not just a skating school with an ice rink, but maybe with a place where the young skaters can live train and study,” Plushenko explained.

I especially noticed this bit...It's just one sentence but I think it shows something about Plushy that when it comes to young skaters, he is thinking not only about teaching them on ice, but also about taking care of them. It is so difficult for a kid to have to fend for himself in another city (as Evgeni himself did), or to have to travel long hours between places (as Liza is doing).
whitebamboo

PreviousNext

Return to Всё о Жене || Everything about Evgeni